Why do you drift?

• Thread starter SpeedD3mon
  • 129 comments
truth be told ive never seen the initial d videos but the back of the boxes show poor animation and girly characters.

i drift cuz im a hustla

its fun
kekekegay.gif

DRFT*
I hope you know how to use it because The SS86 is my signature car! :crazy: and since i discovered it's power thanx to DD! *points at rl* :sly:

I told you to shhhh DRFT*

I drift because its damn fun.
Now not everyone and their girlfriends can drift...
Its more exciting to follow a car with your sidedoor leading...
I feel special doin it. =0P

dking
I told you to shhhh DRFT*

I drift because its damn fun.
Now not everyone and their girlfriends can drift...
Its more exciting to follow a car with your sidedoor leading...
I feel special doin it. =0P
lol

I drift because its fun, looks cool, thrilling to keep the car in control without wheelspinning (especially the Ford GT) and I can't afford cars in real life :)

*continues to save money up and goes on the quest to look for a DFP in Singapore*

u know i got the love for the ID fans cuz its such a cult following, but ive never seen it and i think its kind of proposterous to have an anime show as your ignition for getting into such a sport. such a passion. Doesnt it twist your gut when you spend hours under your car and you see some 12 year old kid online thinkin hes the best drifter ever cuz hes got a few dvd rips off the internet?? Gran turismo drifting might not be real drifting, but its alot closer than ID.

and about the slang term used earlier,

i despise all that is rap music, it perpetuates ignorance and it makes no sense. i drift to techno and hardcore. I meant by it that everyone knows the reason why we slide. its awesome. its unusual. its fun. and with the right mindset, anyone can do it. i do it cuz its who i am and ill do everything in my power to make it my life.

i retract my shallow pop culture comments from earlier,

ted

tidus430, stop spamming. Your posts are pointless.

Music shouldn't be a deciding factor in your drifting anyway. Don't like the stuff people put in their videos? Turn the sound off or overdub it.

Why do I drift?......I drift cause it's probably one of the coolest things u could do with a car.....when I first started 2 do it, I was pissed cause I could never get it down. A month and a half later I'm drifting like a pro. I really wish that PD made GT4 an online game.....I would love to drift with people that really are good at it like me.... But 2 sum it all up......I'M HOOKED :)

Why do I drift?......I drift cause it's probably one of the coolest things u could do with a car.....when I first started 2 do it, I was pissed cause I could never get it down. A month and a half later I'm drifting like a pro. I really wish that PD made GT4 an online game.....I would love to drift with people that really are good at it like me.... But 2 sum it all up......I'M HOOKED :)

driftking1212

Gt4 is online....x-link....bring your game to show us...btw try not to double post next time....

because its wrong

its a heck of alot more fun than grip racing, grip racing is too easy for me now....and being able to destroy tires for hours and not have to pay thousands of dollars

oh and the formula D event at road atlanta awhile ago was awsome (yes i was actually there)

CoolGeekz
because its wrong

its a heck of alot more fun than grip racing, grip racing is too easy for me now....and being able to destroy tires for hours and not have to pay thousands of dollars

oh and the formula D event at road atlanta awhile ago was awsome (yes i was actually there)

Anyone can grip. Drift is so much fun and so much harder.

Dude!!!!!!! So was I. It rocked. Sam and Taka going 4 one more times was awesome. And I was about to kill those guys yelling "F@!# THE VIPER"

Where were you standing? (I was just below the announcers)

yes grip drifting is very easy

Off topic:
i was behind the wall across from everyone

if you were driving...and you were between the first and second corner, i was on the left (in the area with the 2 atvs, chevy avalanche and other suv and the tons of light rigs and photographers)

i know you cant normally get back there, but i know a employee :)

i took video of the final 3 battles
taka and hubinette was my favorite...i still think taka should of won but thats just me

I drift because it has style to it and each lap is unique in its own way, as opposed to grip where you continue to follow the same racing lines over and over and over and over etc..., gets kinda boring and repetative when doing this.

Drifting provides more freedom to drive the way I want and take the line I want when I feel like it. Inside or outside line, single fient or double feint entrance, trail brake, ebrake, manji here and there, and a chokudori if I'm in position for one. FREEDOM from the standard racing line. :)

Spyder_V
I initially started drifting because I was bored of plain/normal racing. Along with the fact of boredom, I also like the feeling of going sideways (especially after I tried it on a real car, you get hooked). All this... and Initial D... Alright, Initial D and R/C Cars, I used to drift my TB-01.

same with me, the boredom of normal racing plus initial d and watching it on tv. plus like most others said, the skill and showing off have a good deal to do with it as well.

Back