Why do you have that Avatar!?

In a very emotional mood tonight. Not sure why. Lots of thinking. Took this picture at a concert that gave me a lot of closure on things occuring in my life at the time.

20201016_000223.jpg

Now I'm curious. Did you know this? Or did you you put two and two together from a different thread? ;)
I don't know what that thread would be. While I'm not so big on emo, I do follow alternative quite closely and DC is kind of huge. The Sally Yates shirt was also a big tip-off as I recalled an interview in which he referred to her. I've got a good memory when it comes to things that interest me in the way that music very much does.

Last edited:
I don't know what that thread would be. While I'm not so big on emo, I do follow alternative quite closely and DC is kind of huge. The Sally Yates shirt was also a big tip-off as I recalled an interview in which he referred to her. I've got a good memory when it comes to things that interest me in the way that music very much does.
I posted lyrics in the favorite lyrics thread and a status update with lyrics, both of which were his. :)

I posted lyrics in the favorite lyrics thread and a status update with lyrics, both of which were his. :)
Gotcha. I don't pop into that thread nearly often enough, particularly when I've committed myself to something and I have a couple more instances in which to honor that commitment. I'll probably do so soon since I won't be double-posting.

Gotcha. I don't pop into that thread nearly often enough, particularly when I've committed myself to something and I have a couple more instances in which to honor that commitment. I'll probably do so soon since I won't be double-posting.
It's not frequented nearly enough. I believe I double posted this time.

Nonetheless, it was nice to have Chris Carrabba recognized. That was cool. 👍

141133.jpg

This is probably my favorite picture ever. 1980s Berlin, Germany, a person's Porsche got vandalized with "PUNK" spray painted all over it. Kurt Tauber’s the photographer. They've captured a lot of photos of Berlin during this period.

As for why I have this? I don't know.. it's just interesting to me, and I feel like it's what general populace thinks of Porsche owners.

Last edited:
In a very emotional mood tonight. Not sure why. Lots of thinking. Took this picture at a concert that gave me a lot of closure on things occuring in my life at the time.

View attachment 965300
Doubling down.

Actually the concert I was talking about in the post above. I went to two DC concerts in 2017. July 23rd and December 7th. This new one is from December 7th.

20201021_054426.jpg

I'm finishing my Halloween themed avatars for this month with Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield here. Good ole' Resident Evil!

I'm finishing my Halloween themed avatars for this month with Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield here. Good ole' Resident Evil!
What Hallowenn themed avatars do you have planned for next month?

:dopey:

Last edited:
It's the locked thread icon. Why? Not sure. I did it with the old one and decided to do it with this one.

20201031_195659.jpg

My favorite race cars of any category
images - 2020-11-02T055851.785.jpeg
images - 2020-11-02T055733.864.jpeg

In the states we could get the Infiniti G30, which was the equivalent of the Primera, but I just didn't want to buy it. I went with Honda, but a Type R Accord wasn't available to us US buyers.

A few years ago, Saitama Toyopet Green Brave, entered Super Taikyu with the Toyota Mark X. I found my new favourite car. Even made a replica using the Atenza Gr.4 in GT Sport.
images - 2020-11-02T055447.741.jpeg

images - 2020-11-02T055459.343.jpeg

Sadly, the Mark X was discontinued. Then, heard GB would be using the new Toyota Crown. To also find we were getting a Crown(although the older model) in GT Sport!
images - 2020-11-02T060008.046.jpeg

I embrace these mundane 4-doors, that get converted to full on race cars. It's nostalgia to me, in these modern times. :)

Another member brought up my propensity to acknowledge pop icons passing in my avatar and that they briefly thought I was doing so for Billy Squier this time, but it's as simple as me spinning Emotions In Motion and looking at the sleeve propped up next to the turntable, thinking, "Y'know, that's a cool graphic." Of course, it's Andy Warhol.

R-6453378-1487009749-3396.jpeg.jpg

I will change my avatar for the first time in years, to mark my tenth year on GTP, to whatever the next poster nominates. This I will do without fail and it shall remain for the next 10 years. Don’t make me regret it. (Obvious AUP rules apply)

White logo over a white background. No outline, shadow or border.

Last edited:
@TexRex - Since @W3HS actually wants to change the avatar to mark an anniversary, I think we shall go ahead and make a proper decision on color. It's only fair.

Last edited:
:lol:

Alright! So, what color do you have in mind? If you give me a color code, I'll create the avatar in a moment.

Gradients are also possible, of course. And outline and background colors...

Last edited:
Back