Why do you have that Avatar!?

I like vintage americana from the 30s, 40s, and 50s; gas & oil in particular.

PollyGas has my favorite livery, but avatars for them usually suck. A guy I knew restored old gas pumps and insisted on actual vintage globes, and one of the prettiest pumps he had used this logo as its globe lamp lens.

:)

I'm a large anime fan and the very first series I covered in any real depth was Chobits.

This avatar is, in fact, an avatar I also use in other web places too.

Because anime! And who doesn't like Ein?

I also forgot to change mine here I put up a Christmas Asuka from NGE on the other forums I visit for the holidays. I forgot to do it here though.

Because pretty much every new car has a "sport mode" I figured I would show people the original version.

I made mine from a few things.

I shows my love of Metal Gear Solid(fox with knife is the foxhound logo but a little bit newer), I like foxes and the shield is the from the lambo which makes nice supercars

Mine is Neil Patrick Harris. Because he's Neil Patrick Harris. I don't think that needs any further discussion. Though since I got a WRITER shirt for Christmas, I'm thinking of changing it to a Richard Castle-themed avatar since CASTLE is the best show on television at the moment.

Also, try reading my posts in Neil Patrick Harris' voice and see what happens ...

I got mine a long time ago. I think franz or sejtur made it for me. I had the bulldozer one that you can choose for the first year. Then someone else started using it and it drove me crazy because he was cooler than me. Now the one I have is a Ford Focus with a V8 swap doing a rwd burnout - which is pretty much incredible. I also had him put on an LM because people would always refer to me as I'm Racer. Which is just stupid. I guess I had an infatuation with omitting upper case letters seven years ago. I also made for me was an Alfa Romeo one that is the same LM format. I never used it though.

Mine is part of a set; it's supposed to be an avatar / signature combo. I use it on some other forums.

sawavatar2.jpg

sawsignature.jpg

Though, if animated .gifs were allowed for avatars, this would be mine:

14156336_l.gif

(I'm a wee bit politically liberal.) :sly:

Mine is Neil Patrick Harris.
...is it? o_O ? Doesn't look like NPH... *scrutinizes*

What show / movie is that from? I don't recognize it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though, if animated .gifs were allowed for avatars, this would be mine:

14156336_l.gif
Animated gifs are allowed, but as that one is 20.04k and you have a 20k limit, the forum software will convert it to one still frame. Get it down below 20k and it will work.

Edit:

His previous avatar was NPH. His current is Nathan Fillion as Castle.

TB
Animated gifs are allowed, but as that one is 20.04k and you have a 20k limit, the forum software will convert it to one still frame. Get it down below 20k and it will work.
SCHWEET! I'll have to tinker with it...

Probably because it's not. This is the avatar he had at the time of that post.

kumarpostervga.jpg

Which is from Harold & Kumar IIRC.

Last edited:
Probably because it's not. This is the avatar he had at the time of that post.

kumarpostervga.jpg

Which is from Harold & Kumar IIRC.
OK; thanks for that. Thought I was losing my mind.

Looks like the guy from Firefly / Captain Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (can't be arsed to IMDB the actor right this second...)

Back