Why does Gran Turismo not have updated cars like Forza?

What top 3 manufacture's cars are you most looking forward to in GT7?

• AMG

• McLaren

• Ferrari

• Lamborghini

• Bugatti

• Pagani

• Koenigsegg

• Aston Martin

• Porsche

• Rimac

• Pininfarina

• SSC

Results are only viewable after voting.
SCG doesn't think it's losing out on cars in front of eyes of GT players because the people who buy the cars aren't GT players*, so for them it's all about the image rights.

*Which is a surprisingly short-term view; Ruf, among others, has expressed a view that its cars are now much more popular among 30-40 year olds as a result of them driving them in GT2 as kids.
That's it! That's what Glickenhaus fails to understand!

Last edited:
ZEE
Donnced, chk this, Project cars is very different to Gran Turismo, judging by it's latest release being really bad, as it is well documented in this forum.

I know for a fact that Glickenhaus is a very difficult manufacturer saying they would not license their cars and IP's to any other racing games. As shown here on this site:
https://www.gtplanet.net/scg-gran-turismo-fair-royalty-20200903/

When manufacturers deny us such wonderous cars like this for a videogame, it makes me wonder what kind of people they are!

Well , project cars 1& 2 are racing Sims, with a different focus towards more "core" SIM as GT series, the third Pcars isn't really bad, but they changed towards more arcade way, which maked loyal fans gone mad...if they would named it shift3 instead of pcars 3 sure that the acceptation would been different.

But surely it's a smaller studio as PD, and got some good balance between modern and classic cars in all categories.
Same as AC, wich studio started with 3 persons an 47K euros.
They wanted Suzuka license, but the licence fee was way to high, same said the boss of pcars series.

Sure manufacturers have their priorities to what they want to see or not from their cars in a game, but glikckenhaus car is part of nurburg 24H and this year it will be part of le Mans 24H in the wec championship in HyperCar category.

GT also lost agreement with Lotus, cause in the closed beta from GT SPORT which I was part of, there was the Lotus Evora ,but the brand disappeared from the realease version.

In GT SPORT I've seen quite some GT3 cars not licensed to the actual one's, known modern street cars....I expected more variety with Porsche ...but I still see a lot of cars from 90's to mid "00's wich are from GT3 to GT5 ... don't misunderstand me, some are great to have them, but PD is also sponsor of nurburg 24H and I expected more real new GT3 cars for example.

I think that PD should find an balance between modern and classic cars as for example Forza series, and add the vision GT program,why not..and still add his race cars based up real cars.

But it's a real big studio, with a real popular name, and I don't think he limit license fees when he has some of the most expensive tracks licences in the game, sure GT SPORT is also the one with most fictional tracks in comparison with some older GT games...

Don't know if they lost a lot of money with the GT academy project and that's one of the causes he doesn't licence more variety of brands and cars or other,like I said above, being one of the biggest studios and one of the most popular known racing game I don't know why he doesn't license more brands and cars looking for a hotspot between modern and classic cars of several categories.

Let's see and await what GT7 offer.

I think that GT Sport has few cars because the game focused in the e-sport. GT Sport focused in the online races and it is the reason why GT Sport has less cars that others Gran Turismo. I believe that PD could have added more cars in the launch game because they have a good relationship with many manufacturers (Toyota, Mercedes, Porsche... ) but, because Sport are a online game focused in e - sport, PD couldn't add many cars. The new GT7 will be a "normal" Gran Turismo (with a single mode player, license... ), so i think that PD will add many cars and new brands (Koenigsegg, Bac... )

Last edited:
I would like to see a collab between Polyphony Digital and Kyosho. RC cars in same scale as regular cars. Much better than Forza and Hot wheels, my opinion.

I know Gran Turismo Sport came out way before Forza Horizon 4 but GT Sport has been updating all this same time yet all their cars are really outdated. GT Sport doesn't have the Jesko nor even the McLaren Senna.

I sure hope GT7 has all the hyper cars released in recent years, but from looking at lists so far it doesn't seem so.

Some favorites I'm hoping make the GT7 list:
AMG Project One
McLaren Senna
McLaren Elva
McLaren 765LT
McLaren Sabre
Lamborghini Sian Roadster
Lamborghini Vision Gran Turismo
Bugatti Divo
Pininfarina Battista
SSC Tuatara
Koenigsegg Jesko
Koenigsegg Gemera
Aston Martin Valkyrie
Ferrari SF90 Stradale

View attachment 982733

View attachment 982738

View attachment 982742

That's a way to get around licence fees, by creating their own versions.
I pointed out a while ago, one of the reasons we got GR.4 versions of real life GT4 cars. The game came out in 3017.
They used to do this in GT1/2 sorta didn't they, also yes it came out 1000 years into the future :P

Last edited:
But it's PD. Do we then really need that old Tesla? The '84 GTO is iconic, but do we really need that one? A Testarossa might be a better replacement.

We need the PD version of that link.

But it's PD. Do we then really need that old Tesla? The '84 GTO is iconic, but do we really need that one? A Testarossa might be a better replacement.

The GTO? I wouldn't trade the GTO for anything lol that car's amazing

Especially not a porky testarossa

Last edited:
Not sure a 1700kg chonk would be the nicest driving experience.

That and let's be honest the Testa is a bit cliche at this point.

Last edited:
I mean its still worth including, just I wouldn't trade any other ferrari for it.

I mean its still worth including, just I wouldn't trade any other ferrari for it.
As per the interview in the Forza link, I'm just wanting to know why PD have some cars and not others. I'd like to know the answer from Kaz, in a similar interview. We all know about the licencing and can guess why some cars are not in, but I'd like read it from Kaz.

One thing I would like to see in GT7 is an Auction system similar to that found in Forza Horizon.
I say this as someone who really likes Forza Horizon. My big issue with having a Forza Style Auction house in Gran Turismo, is that it makes Brand Central almost completely worthless. You will forever spend less money on cars, but those cars will also most likely come fully modded from the player who last used it, (probably with a shoddy set of rims too). Not only does it end up breaking the economy for the singleplayer mode that's supposed to have some economic hurdles involved at the start, but it also brings in the higher ranked players who will inevitably find ways to exploit the Auction house to get large amounts of money. Doesn't seem very balanced if a player can find a 600HP MKiii Supra from the Auction house for under Cr. 20,000, just to wipe house in the Sunday cup against Honda Beat's, and Copen's.

There aren't many cars in GT sport that are still in production in real life. The ones I can think of are the Nissan GT-R (although now there is a different wheel design and new colors for the 2021 model), the Aston Martin DB11, the Toyota Supra, GR Yaris, and the Porsche Taycan

I finally found the answer on this, or at least the answer on why some cars are or are not in a game.

@ManteoMax compiled it ages ago from various Forza developer quotes:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...ed-and-why-are-some-left-out-of-the-game.aspx

Basically, all of this applies to pretty much any game with licensed cars, and from where I work today I can say it's all spot on.

You won't get something similar from Polyphony because they don't communicate in this way publicly, but from what I have witnessed and experienced in the gaming industry what's in that Forza link applies to pretty much every brand or game developer that deals with licensed cars.

Last edited:
Isn't the TRD Tundra still available?

One thing will be interesting, if Volvo are in, which region will they place it?:sly:

This issue has been bugging me for a while now.

GT4 had a pretty up to date car list and GT7 will be based around it.

That survey in 2019 had recent cars and hope we can see them in GT7.

There's great chance of many Standard being remade to Premium models now since they already have most of data and licences secured. Most PS3 era models are very likely to return too.

This issue has been bugging me for a while now.

GT4 had a pretty up to date car list and GT7 will be based around it.

That survey in 2019 had recent cars and hope we can see them in GT7.

There's great chance of many Standard being remade to Premium models now since they already have most of data and licences secured. Most PS3 era models are very likely to return too.
Members here, have pointed out multiple times how past GT cars, were easy to model. No interiors in GT4, except for convertibles(there was a top up/down option) and sports cars(Le Mans roadster prototypes) and cars like the Caterham Fireblade.

Now, make detailed interiors for all cars(bar VGTs) and it'll take much longer to model cars. Going by GT Sport, we got some up to date cars. Up to date would be 2014-2015. The game debuted in 2017, but they probably started modelling from 2014.
A small workforce could not possibly model all up to date(2017) cars for a 2016-2017 release. Plus, many of the race cars from 2017 weren't developed or just debuted.

Going by the Kaz interviews by GTPlanet, we found out many of those racing cars, took a lot of time to create. From scratch. We also were informed, by GTPlanet, PD started developing the next GT, when GTSport was completed.
So, if they started modelling 2017-2018 model year cars, those may be the majority of what we get.

We have a few 2019 and 2020 cars from Gran Turismo partners, but based on the current knowledge of PD outsourcing, who knows? Maybe we get more up to date 2020-2021 cars. Maybe, as you've noted, PD use the outsourcing opportunity to ramp up the cars from past GTs. We'll see.

Members here, have pointed out multiple times how past GT cars, were easy to model. No interiors in GT4, except for convertibles(there was a top up/down option) and sports cars(Le Mans roadster prototypes) and cars like the Caterham Fireblade.

Now, make detailed interiors for all cars(bar VGTs) and it'll take much longer to model cars. Going by GT Sport, we got some up to date cars. Up to date would be 2014-2015. The game debuted in 2017, but they probably started modelling from 2014.
A small workforce could not possibly model all up to date(2017) cars for a 2016-2017 release. Plus, many of the race cars from 2017 weren't developed or just debuted.

Going by the Kaz interviews by GTPlanet, we found out many of those racing cars, took a lot of time to create. From scratch. We also were informed, by GTPlanet, PD started developing the next GT, when GTSport was completed.
So, if they started modelling 2017-2018 model year cars, those may be the majority of what we get.

We have a few 2019 and 2020 cars from Gran Turismo partners, but based on the current knowledge of PD outsourcing, who knows? Maybe we get more up to date 2020-2021 cars. Maybe, as you've noted, PD use the outsourcing opportunity to ramp up the cars from past GTs. We'll see.

Yeah, I understand modelling cars takes ages. I've personally been modeling cars for 5 years and know how it is when your working with Sub D or Polygons. Getting the surface on point or smooth can be challenging.

I was speaking that GT Sport didn't feature some recent models like 488 or Chiron. Why polyphony bothered remaking thoes when GT5 had new models.

It's Much faster and easier with Nurbs or Planar what car designers use with Alias.

Really hope with outsourcing car list will be reasonably up to date like GT4.

Yeah, I understand modelling cars takes ages. I've personally been modeling cars for 5 years and know how it is when your working with Sub D or Polygons. Getting the surface on point or smooth can be challenging.

I was speaking that GT Sport didn't feature some recent models like 488 or Chiron. Why polyphony bothered remaking thoes when GT5 had new models.

It's Much faster and easier with Nurbs or Planar what car designers use with Alias.

That PDLogic™ again.

The 488 came out in 2015. The same model year as, a new to GT car, the ND MX-5. As for a possible race version in Gran Turismo, a GTE version debuted in 2016. That would give PD time to model both cars for GTS. I really hav no concrete answer why that car didn't debut.
Could have matched the 2016 Porsches.

It's one of many aspects of the game where we really need PD to have some fan communication, actually explain to us what is behind PDLogic. Then people might just understand and accept their on the face of it weird decisions a little more.

Ok, cool. Volvo in the UK then. :P
Volvo is Swedish.
Yeah, I understand modeling cars takes ages. I've personally been modeling cars for 5 years and know how it is when you're working with Sub D or Polygons. Getting the surface on point or smooth can be challenging.

I was speaking that GT Sport didn't feature some recent models like 488 or Chiron. Why polyphony bothered remaking those when GT5 had new models.

Some of GT5's premium cars were cars from older titles that had to be rebuilt to gain its premium status. Even GT6. I'm sure it's Polyphony's priority to add more premium models, while at the same time, rebuilding the older ones to become premium. In this case for the PS5, it would be under "hyper-premium" quality, as on the PS4, it was "super-premium".

Back