• 212 comments
Hi ImaRobot

Buy the game on day one
Don't buy it.
It's your call.

Why get worked up about it?
It's nothing but a game

GT is way more than a game my friend.

Also, being annoyed at people being annoyed is even more of a waste of time that simply being annoyed. (I think Confucius said that)

How would you know, you weren't born before the internet became immensely popular. Also can I point out your username is Annoyed_GT.
What a ridiculous statement proving nothing.

And your reference to my username shows how gullible you are

GT is way more than a game my friend.

Also, being annoyed at people being annoyed is even more of a waste of time that simply being annoyed. (I think Confucius said that)
Hi jm69

Reasonable point
But don't think I said I'm annoyed, but frustrated

I'm not getting worked up, I'm here discussing things with like minded people, and even with those of a differing opinion. That is the point of this forum. Me knowing about the game, and having some information leads me to whether or not I'd be purchasing said game or not, it's all part of the process. If said company is laying out vague comments, or just lack of information in general, it's not really a good sign. The idea is about having fun, you're correct, but certain design choices can certainly stop that and that is why I like information before hand, as well as trying it out on my own afterwards.

It seems that you think that just because someone writes out their opinion, it means they are worked up? No, quite the opposite.
Did I say worked up?

Yeh, sorry.
After that response I meant to say, worked up.

What am I trying to prove? You're here apparently for no other reason but to moan about what you believe is other people moaning. You claim things were different before the internet and social media yet you are far to young to have experienced that. Or are you not really 15? Either way I'm not sure why you've signed up here just to moan and argue.

You're talking about the past, but you weren't around during those days. The days you where around for is exactly the same situation we are in now. Saying how the economy hasn't changed much, yet I have no idea how'd you'd even know that, to be honest.

Before this digital era, magazines where mostly used. Same thing, different source material, and a lot more time in between. Getting information about games is not some new trend that just started because you became aware of the internet.

Did I say worked up?

Yeh, sorry.
After that response I meant to say, worked up.
Yes, you did say worked up.

What am I trying to prove? You're here apparently for no other reason but to moan about what you believe is other people moaning. You claim things were different before the internet and social media yet you are far to young to have experienced that. Or are you not really 15? Either way I'm not sure why you've signed up here just to moan and argue.
Hang on s minute
I see you combating other people's comments all the time.
I could give a damn how old you are
Are you the only one old enough and qualified enough to do so?
Last time I checked this isn't your forum nor your place to determine whether I'm here to do anything more than post my opinion
And as I gather, I have every right to do so as do you
So leave the personal attacks at home.

Hang on s minute
I see you combating other people's comments all the time.
I could give a damn how old you are
Are you the only one old enough and qualified enough to do so?
Last time I checked this isn't your forum nor your place to determine whether I'm here to do anything more than post my opinion
And as I gather, I have every right to do so as do you
So leave the personal attacks at home.
No, you might want to reread that, as you are missing the point completely. You being only 15 only brings to light that the only age you where around for is this same exact digital age, so the situation wouldn't be any different. The past you are talking about, we can only assume would have been in the past 15 years of your life(likely way less than that), and within that gap, not much has changed with how social media has been used to deliver information, and even then, blind faith would have still been a sketchy thing to go off of.

What he said is correct. All you seem to have done so far is sign up to complain about what you assume to be about people getting "angry" about.

You're talking about the past, but you weren't around during those days. The days you where around for is exactly the same situation we are in now. Saying how the economy hasn't changed much, yet I have no idea how'd you'd even know that, to be honest.

Before this digital era, magazines where mostly used. Same thing, different source material, and a lot more time in between. Getting information about games is not some new trend that just started because you became aware of the internet.

Yes, you did say worked up.
My apologies if you don't like that term.
Its a game
The idea behind a game is you have fun playing it
All I see is people complaining about a game that isn't even released yet
How does that even work?
You are complaining about the software developer and the details they are providing the public before release.
Even though that same software developer is offering ad open public beta
Complaints boggle my mind.
Simple as that
Sorry if my mind doesn't work the same yours

Its a game
The idea behind a fame is you have fun playing it
How does that even work?
You are complaining about the software developer and the details they are providing the public before release.
Simple as that

You know all I see? 15 posts and counting on a message board about games and not one actually talking about games, rather 15 posts meta complaining and being generally abrasive towards others.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/member?user_id=278238

But by all means do carry on and see how far you get, I shall personally just ignore you from now on.

Last edited:
Its a game
The idea behind a fame is you have fun playing it
How does that even work?
Simple as that
I don't care about the term, I'm just saying that just because you throw it out there doesn't make it so. Although, looking at all you've done since you've signed up, I believe you're the only one that is worked up here. It's the fact that they are being purposely vague with things, making it seem absolutely sketchy. That is cause for concern. The complaints are from past issues with the developer, that are seeming to lead back into current issues. Do we know what is and isn't changed yet? No, but they still aren't filling some with hope at the same time, either.

If you didn't want to see people discuss a game, then your best bet is to get off a forum that is based solely on that in the first place.

You know all I see? 15 posts and counting on a message board about games and not one actually talking about games, rather 15 posts meta complaining and being generally abrasive towards others.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/member?user_id=278238
Actually I.made one solitary post.
The following are nothing more than a rebuttal towards others questioning my opinion.
Interesting to note I only quoted one person at first, and yet here I am being accused on all sorts of levels from the Gtplanet community
Such a welcoming place for newcomers.
I'm sure you'll agree

Actually I.made one solitary post.
The following are nothing more than a rebuttal towards others questioning my opinion.
Interesting to note I only quoted one person at first, and yet here I am being accused on all sorts of levels from the Gtplanet community
Such a welcoming place for newcomers.
I'm sure you'll agree
Far too much crap being sprouted here. If you like gt5 you'll like GT6. Forget the rubbish about the bluray dying, it can happen anytime, including watching a movie. At least you can sell a hard copy. And forget personal opinions on physics etc. You liked gt5, you'll like GT6, end of story.
Man, 5 minutes of reading tells you the answer
Redundant question is redundant.

These are your first two posts on this forum. Ironically enough, the first post you made about people complaining, when no one was as @Tornado pointed out. It should be obvious why you aren't being welcomed with open arms. It's your attitude if you can't guess it. Every post after that has been to fight with the people that have posted against your rude posts.

Previously banned members are not welcome here.
These are your first two posts on this forum. It should be obvious why you aren't being welcomed with open arms. It's your attitude if you can't guess it. Every post after that has been to fight with the people that have posted against your rude posts.
I'm sorry I expressed my opinion.
Perhaps you can provide via email as to the appropriate protocol as to who on this site I can openly disagree with and a list of those I shouldn't dare disagree with to make my impatience on this forum s little more painlrss

Perhaps you can provide via email as to the appropriate protocol as to who on this site I can openly disagree with and a list of those I shouldn't dare disagree with to make my impatience on this forum s little more painlrss
Express your opinion all you want, just expect to be called out on it when it's wrong, or not factual, or just straight out illogical.

You wondered why you aren't being to welcomed, and I let you know. If it's something that you feel you need to complain about, then maybe acknowledge that you didn't really take the best first step did you? If you don't like discussing, then maybe stick to a journal of sorts.

Also, Gran Turismo hasn't been a game "people bought on faith" since the first title. Gran Turismo 2 still flew relatively under the radar, though it was one of the more widely spread games when Sony still had Playstation Underground. I've got 3 different demos of GT2 from different outlets and none of them are exactly the same. Gran Turismo 3 was a humongous event in and of itself, with a steady fixture of cover stories of gaming magazines and even automotive ones all the way back to its Gran Turismo 2000 days. Gaming magazines would send people to car shows just to see if Kaz was there so they could interview him. GT4's development had at least two completely unrelated occurrences of PD interviews that took place at the old PD studios, and quite a few cover stories itself. GT5's development history was practically tabloid fare if was covered so much (how many infamous Kaz statements were there? Four or five? It was at least one a year); and Kaz had a social media presence where he would give out information about it. GT6 had extensive pre-launch coverage because Sony made absolutely sure everyone was covering it (announcing information at events they hosted, constantly releasing things on slow news days). Developer/community communication is not something that sprung up fully formed right after Facebook was launched or whatever other form of social media you want to bitch about being "out of control". To say nothing, about, you know.

GTPSP was a bit sketchy because its development history was such a disaster, but the game itself was a disaster so it's not exactly a glowing example of why people shouldn't be worried.

Put another way:
Why are we all supposedly hung up on software developer communication these Days?
Probably because they specifically said they would improve on it, then instead got more silent than they have been at any point in the past 17 years for a game a lot of people are treating as the most important one in the past 17 years.

Allow me.

Your attitude is poor, and that is why you're being met with the types of posts you're seeing. You don't get to play victim when you're being intentionally antagonistic.

Want to discuss the merits of customer relations? Sure. Feel free to start.

You've helped dragged this thread into bickering, so that can end now. Same with the double- and triple-posting: use the multi-quote or edit features if you need to respond to numerous posts.

Seemingly Gone are the days when you bought a game out of faith.

And for good reason. GT5 and GT6 at release had serious, serious issues.

Polyphony isn't the only company that do this, look at the recent release of Street Fighter V. At heart, a magnificent game, that released at least six months before it should have missing basic features that have been mandatory in the genre for decades.

There are a lot of developers out there that based on their past actions straight up should not be trusted to deliver a quality product blind. Probably all developers, because frankly the whole pre-order system in no way benefits the consumer.

Thing is we only bought games on faith in the 80s and 90s because we had to, for the most part. With no/limited internet the only thing we had to go on was magazine reviews if we bought them or if your friend had already made the leap and you could have a go at their house. We had demos but not for everything and you still had to buy the magazine to get them.

We didn't buy on faith because of our, well, faith in the developers. We did it because we had little other options. Now that we do have a heck of a lot more information at our fingertips it makes absolutely no sense not to use them, IMO. If it's there to help you make an informed decision, use it.

Wow I stepped away from this thread for 2 days and it's in chaos because someone can't take other peoples opinions...

Anyway, Gran Turismo has a lot to prove I feel like, and as I've expressed before I think that GTS is an opportunity to show people the best parts of the game. They are likely building it fresh (maybe same engine, but new cars etc..), therefore keeping standards out of it.

Sport possibly has new game play mechanics which could be for the better or worse.

Is it a smart move to separate the series when the two games (at this point) seemingly have everything in common? I don't think so... It's not like we are talking about the difference between Forza and Forza Horizons.

EDIT: Instead of making a separate series, I personally think they should have just "re-booted" GT and went from there.

I hope GT Sport will feature actual motorspot, with qualifying, standing starts or normal rolling starts, mechanical damage, tyre wear, balanced car grid, and competitive AI opponents. The unrealistic & boring race format used in GT6's offline races is terrible and is the main reason I quit playing the game.

That might actually be what GTS is.

That's what I thought at first, but why would they keep on about this being separate from GT7? I mean either reboot the entire series and start clean or keep on with the old and attempt to make much needed changes.

FS7
I hope GT Sport will feature actual motorspot, with qualifying, standing starts or normal rolling starts, mechanical damage, tyre wear, balanced car grid, and competitive AI opponents. The unrealistic & boring race format used in GT6's offline races is terrible and is the main reason I quit playing the game.

Indeed, GT6 was the first GT title where I never finished every event for that reason. It just wasn't fun.

FS7

Exactly why everyone is jumping ship from GT. Their problem right now is not making the whole game fun. You can't set up races how you want also the career lacks. If GT sport is gonna focus more on motorsports they should take the Pcars route. Except do it a little better than what they did.

If GT sport is gonna focus more on motorsports they should take the Pcars route. Except do it a little better than what they did.
If GTS has all the options that PCars has in solo mode and all cars & tracks are unlocked from the start in arcade mode that would be a very good reason for me to buy the game. If GTS keeps the bad race format & grind to unlock stuff from previous game I'll probably pass it.

Basically, GT Sport is a GT of more focus, less bloat, more cohesion, less half-baked ideas - like Project CARS or DiRT Rally, as envisaged by Polyphony Digital. Let's imagine you walk into a Michelin-starred, top quality restaurant. You're probably going to eat a dish with a smaller portion size done really well, rather than a massive portion done less well (quality > quantity argument, essentially). That's what this is, I would expect.

Now for a daft answer and rubbish joke:

Why Gran Turismo Sport?

Because the original name of "Gran Turismotorsport" was 🤬.

Basically, GT Sport is a GT of more focus, less bloat, more cohesion, less half-baked ideas - like Project CARS or DiRT Rally, as envisaged by Polyphony Digital. Let's imagine you walk into a Michelin-starred, top quality restaurant. You're probably going to eat a dish with a smaller portion size done really well, rather than a massive portion done less well (quality > quantity argument, essentially). That's what this is, I would expect.

Now for a daft answer and rubbish joke:

Why Gran Turismo Sport?

Because the original name of "Gran Turismotorsport" was 🤬.

If it has a strong offline component I'm good with that.

Back