Why I am ok with not quilfying in top 32.

• Thread starter backpian1
  • 90 comments
United States
Omaha, NE
backpain1
U know it was fun in all, i did my best, we all did. but in a whole i am glad that i did not qualify, it would had been nice, but here is a few reasons why GTA would not work out for me even if i did go through.

1. Race contract with Nissan- Sure it would be fun but were would the challenge be in racing? i mean their racing cars are arguably the best handling in their class, thats why the GT-R R32, 33 and 34 are banded from racing. and i was watching the 24h of Nurburgring were the GTA GT-R That was in our DLC was in its OWN class with one other GT-R so it wouldn't dominate its class. idk about the winners or racers in general, but if i wear racing i would want to BE racing, not doing a time trail.

2. Kiss some luxurys goodbye- Hear me out, my friends father raced professionally, and he said if you become a race driver, kiss your GF or wife goodbye, he said unless ur partner is just as dedicated as you are at racing, the relationship wont last. and since i am currently not in a realtionship, it would be hard finding a true partner that "loves you", not your name or money.

3. Style of racing- If anything if i ever wanted to race professionally, i would either prefer Touge or drifting. not GP, GT500 Etc, thats my opinion, but i would mostly likely have the urge to drift all the time i guess. IDK

Share your thoughts on this, Did you do GTA because of the possibility of racing professionally? or just to prove that your faster in a game?

I did it because going to Silverstone is a once in a lifetime experience. That is the big prize for me. A free trip to San Diego Comic-Con isn't too shabby either. I really don't see how anyone can say they wouldn't be happy with that.

Ok? Drifting isn't racing, if it was, the person not drifting would win. This whole post is just some silly reasoning to justify not being in the top 32. I'm here for one reason, to become a pro driver. I've already more than proven my speed in the sim world. Not to say I'm the fastest or anything, I just know where I stand in this realm, which is why I started autox-ing this year and hopefully can make a heck of a showing in GT Academy.

Those are all questions that you need to go through well before you really attempt something like this. Getting caught up in tangents like that means you're already at a loss. The most important part of it all is focus, keeping a clear head, you can still have so much to deal with around you. Real drivers do in pressure from teams, sponsors, managers, families, god, so ask real drivers whether they considered all of that before they got to where they are, you'll be surprised at the answer.

So my answer to you is that we do it because we believe we can, and we go race. You only aim for the top, every driver from a kid in backwater karting to Lewis Hamilton is aiming for the top when competing, nothing else exists, so we go race - all the same.

the only reason offered that would be reasonable imo is gf/wife issue.
luckily for me my family, wife and her family all supported the idea if i did happen to move on.
cheers

Those are all questions that you need to go through well before you really attempt something like this. Getting caught up in tangents like that means you're already at a loss. The most important part of it all is focus, keeping a clear head, you can still have so much to deal with around you. Real drivers do in pressure from teams, sponsors, managers, families, god, so ask real drivers whether they considered all of that before they got to where they are, you'll be surprised at the answer.

So my answer to you is that we do it because we believe we can, and we go race. You only aim for the top, every driver from a kid in backwater karting to Lewis Hamilton is aiming for the top when competing, nothing else exists, so we go race - all the same.

^ This

What he said.
I have to say though, I don't even think you can do Touge professionally (at least in the US), and drifting isn't racing.

I'm pretty happy because firstly I found out where I stand in the world, 1595 out of about a million people globally and 188th in the u.s. Pretty good achievement for me and secondly, because I'm in pakistan, even if I do get in the top 32, I won't be eligible for the gt academy.

3. Style of racing- If anything if i ever wanted to race professionally, i would either prefer Touge or drifting. not GP, GT500 Etc, thats my opinion, but i would mostly likely have the urge to drift all the time i guess. IDK

Racing > Drifting

Drifting may be popular, but it will NEVER be as popular as real racing. Ever.

Contract racing for Nissan = no challenge??

Driving the best car available is nice, but not necessarily easy.

I know when the same thing happens in motorcycle racing reality sets in awful quickly! Same thing happens in car racing!

I'd race anything on a professional contract if given the chance Nissan, GoKarts, Hello Kitty Power Wheels, doesn't matter to me.

I'm okay with it because GT5 is the first sim racer I've ever played, and I've only started really learning how to race in the last few months. The fact that I golded the race is good enough for me.

The reason I did not try for a great time is I dont really want the contract as im settled married and 36years old, why take the qualifying place from someone who wants that career if I was single and in my early 20's I would of tried to qualify 24/7
people who go just for the ride should not go in my opinion, I hope everyone who qualified really wants that career path

The reason I did not try for a great time is I dont really want the contract as im settled married and 36years old, why take the qualifying place from someone who wants that career if I was single and in my early 20's I would of tried to qualify 24/7
people who go just for the ride should not go in my opinion, I hope everyone who qualified really wants that career path

You could have tried and just not registered then you wouldnt have had to worry.

I saw it as an opportunity to see where i stack up against the best even though im 38 and way past a start in motorsport but i still enjoyed it a lot and was quite please to be inside the top 1500 worldwide.
Having said that if i had been on the pace i have to say i would have found it very to turn down the chance of going forward.

Your love life and your poor excuses, this is why I am also OK with you not making the top 32.

As for me, I have been racing motocross as long as I can remember and have been racing local pro since I was 19yrs old. Now im 31, my life is in order, and I am going for the chance of a lifetime.I asked my boss to lay me off for this, and I would have not been happy if I did not get this chance this year. I believe I have real skills in a real car, and I would like a chance to show an instructor, so that I can get feed back from a profesional. Getting the boot during sim racing is not the way I want to leave this competition.

Your love life and your poor excuses, this is why I am also OK with you not making the top 32.

As for me, I have been racing motocross as long as I can remember and have been racing local pro since I was 19yrs old. Now im 31, my life is in order, and I am going for the chance of a lifetime.I asked my boss to lay me off for this, and I would have not been happy if I did not get this chance this year. I believe I have real skills in a real car, and I would like a chance to show an instructor, so that I can get feed back from a profesional. Getting the boot during sim racing is not the way I want to leave this competition.

You do realise that it wasnt me who mentioned my love life or gave any excuses yeah?

Yes I do. Im new to posting on here, and still learning how to tag comments. it was to the origional post.

OK cool just checking :).

At the bottom of each post you will see a quote tab. Click that and that text will be quoted in your reply then just add your comment underneath.👍

If you truly enjoy racing then I would think anyone can go for it. Why not race for a living? You won't "work" another day in your life. You should follow your dreams and not let anything or anyone hold you back. I'm 100% going for it and will practice as much as time allows. It's a once in a lifetime chance and my experience whether I make it through or not will be a highlight of my life for sure. If I do end up making it all the way it was meant to be and I'll be living one of my dreams, if not then I know I tried and it will be one hell of a fun time. No reason for excuses here.

... why take the qualifying place from someone who wants that career if I was single and in my early 20's I would of tried to qualify 24/7

I'm curious to know if anyone else shares this opinion.

I'll fully admit that I'm one who is just going along for the ride. I have never dreamed of being a professional race car driver, never raced a car on a race track, and don't even watch racing on tv. The only reason I even play racing games is because I found out I was good at them and I win a ton of cool stuff (over $55,000 in cash and prizes over the last 3 years.) I'm doing this whole thing for the experience because the chance to drive GT-R's and 370z's around Silverstone is the most awesome thing ever. I probably have the slimmest chance of any of actually winning the whole thing, but if I did you better believe I'd be fully committed to being a pro race car driver.

I'm curious to know if anyone else shares this opinion.

I'll fully admit that I'm one who is just going along for the ride. I have never dreamed of being a professional race car driver, never raced a car on a race track, and don't even watch racing on tv. The only reason I even play racing games is because I found out I was good at them and I win a ton of cool stuff (over $55,000 in cash and prizes over the last 3 years.) I'm doing this whole thing for the experience because the chance to drive GT-R's and 370z's around Silverstone is the most awesome thing ever. I probably have the slimmest chance of any of actually winning the whole thing, but if I did you better believe I'd be fully committed to being a pro race car driver.

Can i ask in what way you have won these type of prizes?
Why do you think you have the slimmest chance of anyone in winning?
I wish you the best of luck but i have a feeling that deciding to be commited 'IF' you win will possibly not stack up to the dedication that others have already put into it (physical training etc).
Like i said i wish you luck but i think it will take something pretty special and more than just driving skill to win.
I wasnt quick enough to qualify but i would also fall into the category of not being capable in other areas i think even if i did get through.
If i had qualified though i would no doubt go and give it my best.

We both qualified our way into the first Audi Forza Challenge, back in 2009? Hunks team ended up winning, which was worth a trip to Le Mans the next year (we were playing Forza 3 alongside Le Mans that year). We both also won different weeks in the first Hyundai Challenge in Forza and more recently Hunk won the latest Hyundai Challenge, which was for a Veloster.

Back