Why I will most likely stick with Forza 3 over GT5

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 316 comments
Well, when I do hotlaps I prefer going without ABS. I'm alone on the track and I like the challenge.

But when racing I turn it on. Makes it easier on my little brain to concentrate on everything else...:D

New user here, but I thought I would share my experience between GT5 and Forza 3.

I will start with my history, I have played GT1,GT2,GT3,GT4, Forza 2, and Forza 3 in that order.

So I was attached to Forza 3, when I started playing GT5. There is many things I like on both consoles. I am bought FM3 on release date and I am currently a level 50 on FM3 and A-Spec level 24 (still new :D). Since I picked up the game, I havent played FM3, after writing this post, I think i will go back and play it now.

Forza 3 (Good)
Online play
Paint jobs
Solid list of cars
DLC car packs (other then the cost)
Lap times per track per class ( Major Plus to me, I love being in the top %1)
Easier to get any car (dont have to shop used/online dealership)
Lots of races
Damage
Easy to play with friends. (note, I havent played gt5 with friends online yet)
Variable AI racing ( raced on medium or hard)

Forza 3 (Bad)
AWD
AWD
AWD (Totally annoying since I love RWD)
No Night
No Weather
No Rally
Instant quick sand

Gran Tursimo 5 (good)
Lots of cars
Night
Weather
Rally
Driving Graphics
Music (most of the time)

Gran Tursimo 5(bad)
Hard to find certain cars from user/online dealership ( I like the option to buy them new without having to search for them)
Lots of slow cars I dont care about.
Slow Menus
Online racing difficult
Lack of Damage (Edit: there is damage)
Car upgrades can be confusing
To many concepts cars to be realistic
B-Spec(not sure if I am a huge fan of this yet, more personal opinion then anything else )
Car Shadows on the starting of races = something totally wrong.

I think I am leaning toward FM3 being a little geared toward me, however both are great games in there own way. I am planning on playing both games for quite a while.

Last edited:
Unless GT5 has this...since I am an impatient man.

I absolutely LOVE having all the cars (in stock parts only of course) ready to test drive and short races in the free mode. They are all there ready to play with in hot laps/quick races and what not. I absolutely hated driving for hours and hours just to get cars UNLOCKED. I still know of the basic formula of cheap car, make money, get better car, make more money and accept that.

Also the lack of Porsches and the few amount of Lamborghinis and Ferraris and the like of exotic cars in the GT5 (unless I'm proven wrong) is disheartening to an enthusiast like me.

I'm by no means a hardcore racer and still play with just a controller. I work 40 hours a week and other hobbies and games. I want to play with what cars I want NOW and do just enough work to feel satisfied but have a good payoff for it. Sure GT5 looks amazing...but the lack of the above has my heart set on Forza 3 for now. Time will tell what GT5 has in store and maybe I'll be all wrong...but seeing GT's track record...my kind of person isn't keeping his hopes up.

posted june last year....... Still feel the same way now mate?.......

I'll be very honest here, I played Forza 3 alot, some of you may know my tag, Hermanvongerman..... I was 1st in the world for drifting on that game for about a month and a half, And since GT5 finally got released, I have not touched Forza once....... in fact I sold it and my piece of garbage MS wheel at christmas.........

ps. If forza 4 is dumbed down to run Kinectibility then I will not be touching that franchise again for a very long time

I'll be very honest here, I played Forza 3 alot, some of you may know my tag, Hermanvongerman..... I was 1st in the world for drifting on that game for about a month and a half, And since GT5 finally got released, I have not touched Forza once....... in fact I sold it and my piece of garbage MS wheel at christmas.........

ps. If forza 4 is dumbed down to run Kinectibility then I will not be touching that franchise again for a very long time

How about some headtracking?👍

According to the latest info, the Kinect addition is not just for playing the game (driving) for the casuals but also for some walking around features of cars. Not really sure what this means though. I am NOT a fan of the casual minded approach for adding Kinect but I do see promise in terms of head tracking. I believe T10 said they'll be working on the game for the core fans as well, like those of us who don't want to use Kinect. They seem to be expanding their market on both sides, on the casuals with the dumbed down kinect feature and the core side with tweaking the physics even more and removing any assists.

I just can't believe some peoples still think T10 will make Forza 4 with Kinect as the only controller. :rolleyes:I mean, you can say what you want about Dan Greenawalt but do you really think he is completely stupid?

XBOX controller and Fanatec GT2 supported FOR SURE guys...

I'm not understanding the purpose of the video. Yes FM4 is coming. In Oct, 2011 I don't see how that relates to a series that begins in April with FM3.

Maybe I guessed wrong that people would like to participate in a series that had many of the things that were in the old GT4 races run with penalties that made things interesting. I was hoping that would be possible to run against others (sort of) and compare my times against some really good drivers. I'd rather get beat by you guys than some idiot in a public room who thinks it's fun to play bumper cars.

My schedule is such that I am not able to do the more traditional races as they are usually during peak times and my schedule allows me a 12-2am (-5,-6 GMT) slot most of the time.

I'm not understanding the purpose of the video. Yes FM4 is coming. In Oct, 2011 I don't see how that relates to a series that begins in April with FM3.

Maybe I guessed wrong that people would like to participate in a series that had many of the things that were in the old GT4 races run with penalties that made things interesting. I was hoping that would be possible to run against others (sort of) and compare my times against some really good drivers. I'd rather get beat by you guys than some idiot in a public room who thinks it's fun to play bumper cars.

My schedule is such that I am not able to do the more traditional races as they are usually during peak times and my schedule allows me a 12-2am (-5,-6 GMT) slot most of the time.
I'm thinking most of us here probably run with different groups and as such don't really have the time to dedicate to another group with unknowns. Then some of us probably had our fill with running races like these when you don't know any of the participants either. I started in a race with some guys here in GT5 and suffice it to say it was NOWHERE near what it was cracked up to be.

I'm thinking most of us here probably run with different groups and as such don't really have the time to dedicate to another group with unknowns. Then some of us probably had our fill with running races like these when you don't know any of the participants either. I started in a race with some guys here in GT5 and suffice it to say it was NOWHERE near what it was cracked up to be.

You are probably correct. I have found at another FM3 site that the downside of online racing is just getting everyone in one place at one time. :ouch: It's not an occupation but a hobby. Add in the fact that it isn't an online event and I think the sim damage might scare some away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5XQNyBlB2w

But I am known in most circles here and do have a track (pun intended) record of putting on a series. See the Tourist Trophy Series https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128630 and the spreadsheet results for the last GT4 SuperGt series fall/winter 2010-11.

So the offer still stands if some guys come forward. I'll leave the thread up because I do think a lot of prep work was done for what could have been a nice series.

Last edited:
Back