Why I will most likely stick with Forza 3 over GT5

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 316 comments
Now you have lost all credibility in any of your arguments with that statement about Sebring in Forza. My god when you come around the sweeper to the start/finish line it is just bone jarring, you should try it using the feedback the game give using a buttkicker mounted on your seat, holy crap!.
I'm not too familiar with your postings and history here, whether you have played FM3 and if it was with a controller, or wheel and what kind. But even with a controller you have to really adjust and play the slabs as your car gets bouncing pretty hard at times.
This is why your statement about Sebring is totally wrong and leaves me to wonder why your are even in the Forza forums since it's obvious what a huge GT fanboy you are.

I don't use a controller to play sims. Want to race on Sebring and I'll show you how I take that corner not any differently than the others? I have my buttkicker here now (just got delivered yesterday), but I haven't hooked it up yet so I can't comment on that. As for with the wheel, I barely feel the concrete slabs at all. As for whether Ive played it or not, I have 48/50 achievements and one of them is any easy drift one, but I hate drifting or I'd have 49 :)

I don't use a controller to play sims. Want to race on Sebring and I'll show you how I take that corner not any differently than the others? I have my buttkicker here now (just got delivered yesterday), but I haven't hooked it up yet so I can't comment on that. As for with the wheel, I barely feel the concrete slabs at all. As for whether Ive played it or not, I have 48/50 achievements and one of them is any easy drift one, but I hate drifting or I'd have 49 :)

It does make a different how your car is set-up. I just ran Sebring in the new RWD Muscle car hopper, my AMC Javelin is running on stock suspension and I noticed that the car barley noticed the bumpy slab corner, but in a car with my usual suspension tuning it bounces all over, even bottoming out if I'm not using the track specific tune. Sorry I know we can't have track specific tunes GT5, well we can, but no saving,lol:tup:

brntguy
Now you have lost all credibility in any of your arguments with that statement about Sebring in Forza. My god when you come around the sweeper to the start/finish line it is just bone jarring, you should try it using the feedback the game give using a buttkicker mounted on your seat, holy crap!.
I'm not too familiar with your postings and history here, whether you have played FM3 and if it was with a controller, or wheel and what kind. But even with a controller you have to really adjust and play the slabs as your car gets bouncing pretty hard at times.
This is why your statement about Sebring is totally wrong and leaves me to wonder why your are even in the Forza forums since it's obvious what a huge GT fanboy you are.
I cant wait to redo Sebring in my Viper ACR-X with the new GT2 wheel... I am expecting great things from Forza3 and the fanatec wheel.

Now I can't wait... kid-in-a-candy-store-Christmas-morning excitment i tell you!!!!

Holy cow.. it is a year almost to the day since I shot and uploaded this video... I am not sooooooo looking forward to getting reaquainted with FM3.

Well, I have my Fanatec GT2 and have now redriven Sebring till the cows came home... and what a bust.

With the PREMIERE wheel for Forza3 you canbarely feel anything coming round the final bend at Sebring. There is almost no FFB attached to the expansion joints and you do not feel the heave of the car as it goes over the concrete slabs.

There my be vibrations in the the controller and the visually the car heaves and squats and bottoms and rocks - but barely a hint of anf FFB in the wheel.

What a crock.

Turn10 need to do get their act together and redo these bloody tracks and code proper FFB in association with the surfaces. What a dissapointment it was. Seriously.

Unless GT5 has this...since I am an impatient man.

I absolutely LOVE having all the cars (in stock parts only of course) ready to test drive and short races in the free mode. They are all there ready to play with in hot laps/quick races and what not. I absolutely hated driving for hours and hours just to get cars UNLOCKED. I still know of the basic formula of cheap car, make money, get better car, make more money and accept that.

Also the lack of Porsches and the few amount of Lamborghinis and Ferraris and the like of exotic cars in the GT5 (unless I'm proven wrong) is disheartening to an enthusiast like me.

I'm by no means a hardcore racer and still play with just a controller. I work 40 hours a week and other hobbies and games. I want to play with what cars I want NOW and do just enough work to feel satisfied but have a good payoff for it. Sure GT5 looks amazing...but the lack of the above has my heart set on Forza 3 for now. Time will tell what GT5 has in store and maybe I'll be all wrong...but seeing GT's track record...my kind of person isn't keeping his hopes up.

Oh I also love the OPTIONAL rewind...nice touch, reminds me of GRID.

And you are arcade guy - sir! ;)
You just don't like RPG element of the game. For me, for example, all cars unlocked means no motivation in progressing at all. GT carrier is great opportunity for you to check out different cars, tracks and types of experience, not just like you want.But you need to stay opened to the game to allow it to show you it's best! (duh!sorry for English)
Also handling in FM3 is very easy, it's way to easy for player to start learning something.And GT can teach!

It's your opinion and it's good, but peoples play GT5 for a reason - for a good damn reason! 👍
(I like Forza too, but it feels soulless to me, and very, very, very boring!)

BTW - I can easily understand you - despite all GT vs FM wars - to me it's more like different games rather than competitors of the same genre.

Owned PS3/GT3 and PS3 with GT5 Prologue and GT5.. Next time I'm buying a car game will be when the first Forza game comes out to the next gen Xbox. Unless GT6 becomes everything we wanted GT5 to be.

EDIT: Wow, completely wrong thread. I never thought I would be dumb enough to do that...

Its very clear why some people may stick with FM3. I personally play both equally.

I share a bedroom with my 10 year old brother and at night I cant rag the DFGT on ym PS3 in my room, so I play FM3 in the living room and I can completely understand why people would opt to stick with it.
The seaon play for me, is one huge huge draw, structures the events better and feels more progressive while still allowing to choose events to do at will.

Tracks; tracks like Fujimi, Positano, Sebring, Silverstone, Benchmark ring, Sedona and Sidwinder, all fantastic tracks both real and fictional. Fujimi and Positano in particular can really keep me hooked for hours.

Cars; I love the selection of cars in FM3, GT5's may be an impressive list but FM3 has more cars the I want.

As I say I would never choose one over the other, I love both equally, GT5 maybe a touch more as I dont have a wheel for Forza yet so I cant fully enjoy it yet.

The seaon play for me, is one huge huge draw, structures the events better and feels more progressive while still allowing to choose events to do at will.

Tracks; tracks like Fujimi, Positano, Sebring, Silverstone, Benchmark ring, Sedona and Sidwinder, all fantastic tracks both real and fictional. Fujimi and Positano in particular can really keep me hooked for hours.

Cars; I love the selection of cars in FM3, GT5's may be an impressive list but FM3 has more cars the I want.

Couldn't have said it better. :)

Its very clear why some people may stick with FM3. I personally play both equally.

I share a bedroom with my 10 year old brother and at night I cant rag the DFGT on ym PS3 in my room, so I play FM3 in the living room and I can completely understand why people would opt to stick with it.

As I say I would never choose one over the other, I love both equally, GT5 maybe a touch more as I dont have a wheel for Forza yet so I cant fully enjoy it yet.

Good post.

Wow just went back on.
Little things I previously taken for granted like quick menu changes and being able to sort out my garage put a smile back on my face.

They don't have the vibration on the controller for Sebring in FM3, so it might have been forgotten during the development rush they were subject to. It was there in FM2.

And you are arcade guy - sir! ;)
You just don't like RPG element of the game. For me, for example, all cars unlocked means no motivation in progressing at all. GT carrier is great opportunity for you to check out different cars, tracks and types of experience, not just like you want.But you need to stay opened to the game to allow it to show you it's best! (duh!sorry for English)
Also handling in FM3 is very easy, it's way to easy for player to start learning something.And GT can teach!

It's your opinion and it's good, but peoples play GT5 for a reason - for a good damn reason! 👍
(I like Forza too, but it feels soulless to me, and very, very, very boring!)

BTW - I can easily understand you - despite all GT vs FM wars - to me it's more like different games rather than competitors of the same genre.

Now, you see, if a game feels soulless and very very boring, I won't say that I like it. Its like the mother of all contradiction.

After reading this whole topic I decided to conduct yet another comparison of physics between the 2. Test is done on a sim rig with a PWTS. I drive my real car on real tracks every chance I get so I think my reference points are somewhat valid. Right now I'm using a Cooper S ('03 in FM, '05 in GT, basically the same car with 7 more HP for the '05) and I use sport compound in FM and sport medium in GT. Test track is Suzuka.

Right now the lap times are very similar and I still don't find Forza to be much easier than GT. Granted, this is a fwd car so it does not tell the whole story but its interesting.

In fact there are many turns, especially the slowest corner (I think its turn 12?) that are harder to negociate than in GT. Only when I really mess up (wisch is rare with a car that easy to drive...) is where GT show more realism as it will not let me catch the oversteer as easily as Forza.

Next, my real world car (350Z) gets the same comparison on our beloved Suzuka.

Now that is some serious win there my friends. Awesome looking game, but doesn't plays just as good. That is a nice video edit.

There fix it for you

This is the main reason i play GT5 and quit playing F3 after a week...the lack of feel...

Yes it has a lot of cars, yes it has livery editor,yes it has customisation but when it comes to driving just doesn't cut it for me..

GT5 is far from perfect and lacks features that forza have,but when it comes to driving feel GT is light years ahead.

If i haven't got a PC to play Rfactor or GTR,my next choice after GT5 would be "Race Pro" which i think is the best racing game for consoles.

I have just learnt my reading the tyre wear comparisons on the GT5 thread that GT5 only has a simple grip algorithim for each compound.
This means that a corvette has the same grip as a mini when using the same tyre compound. Tyre width between different cars makes no difference to grip.
This means that with no adjustable tyre pressure and this simple algorithm, forza 3 is a far better simulator and why I am coming back to F3 and leaving GT5 on the shelf.
I can't believe PD think this is good enough.

There fix it for you

This is the main reason i play GT5 and quit playing F3 after a week...the lack of feel...

Yes it has a lot of cars, yes it has livery editor,yes it has customisation but when it comes to driving just doesn't cut it for me..

GT5 is far from perfect and lacks features that forza have,but when it comes to driving feel GT is light years ahead.

If i haven't got a PC to play Rfactor or GTR,my next choice after GT5 would be "Race Pro" which i think is the best racing game for consoles.
Interesting opinion.

I have just learnt my reading the tyre wear comparisons on the GT5 thread that GT5 only has a simple grip algorithim for each compound.
This means that a corvette has the same grip as a mini when using the same tyre compound. Tyre width between different cars makes no difference to grip.
This means that with no adjustable tyre pressure and this simple algorithm, forza 3 is a far better simulator and why I am coming back to F3 and leaving GT5 on the shelf.
I can't believe PD think this is good enough.

Except FM3 has far too much grip to be realistic. The things that I am able to do and get away with "driving" my ingame 600rwhp LS7 powered, winged, C5Z06 would leave me dead if I tried them on-track with my real life 600rwhp LS7 powered winged C5Z06.

The game is hugely entertaining and immense fun and sounds a whole lot better than GT5 does, but it is still quite a compromise to allow for driving by joystick and controller buttons. I level a similar criticism at GT5, but the more real grip levels from the Comfort Hard and Medium tyres are the one saving grace GT5 does have.

Both these games are still just that - games. :)

Except FM3 has far too much grip to be realistic. The things that I am able to do and get away with "driving" my ingame 600rwhp LS7 powered, winged, C5Z06 would leave me dead if I tried them on-track with my real life 600rwhp LS7 powered winged C5Z06.
A car like that in FM3 would have us in circles doing endless 360's with the slightest touch of the pedal. I wish we could get it to grip a little better actually.

If its not one thing its another. Would it not be great to smoosh all the good outta both game into on great game, can I get a hell ya?:sly:

I'm playing both FM3 and GT5 currently, and hosting an online racing series with friends on each. The reason I'm not going to let go of Forza is . . .

1. Online Racing Lobby and Options are the most robust of any console racer.

2. The FM3 credit scheme works better and thereby (at this point) allows all of our racers to buy and upgrade whatever cars they want to race without having to grind in single-player.

3. Online play is more stable and smooth with 8 cars in FM3 than with 12 in GT5.

4. Saving tunes/gifting tunes and cars/liveries etc works great and supports our FM3 league very well.

Oh and Hell Yeah!!

I was exited for GT5 but afterwards I stopped liking it because of the standard cars. When I saw pictures of the Chevy Chevelle it was like a blast from the past from games like GT1. I don't care what any GT5 fanboy says but Forza 3 is so much better than GT5. I played it over my cousins house and I will admit it did feel SLIGHTLY better than Forza 3 Physics but the games wasn't too forgiving for people with controllers because the steering is so sensitive that if you barely move the analog on a straight way and try and recover it will throw you into a fishtail and ultimatly a spin. The customization on Forza 3 is much better , Storefront , and Auctions house. And at one my friend got banned for cheating and he hasn't touched Forza 3 because he liked that feature so much. Say im trolling , but now I don't care because this is a thread that says "WHY I MOST LIKELY STICK WITH FORZA 3 OVER GT5"

:indiff:

I used to like the GT series but it lost my respect. I waited too damn long to play GT5 and it was just a Dissapointment. Until they patch things and premiums are applied to all cars , this will always be my opinion.

A car like that in FM3 would have us in circles doing endless 360's with the slightest touch of the pedal. I wish we could get it to grip a little better actually.

How you wish that would be true. It's essentially impossible to unintentionally spin any car in FM3, unless you're desperately unskilled.

How you wish that would be true. It's essentially impossible to unintentionally spin any car in FM3, unless you're desperately unskilled.

Hate to admit it but your right. I love the 66 Shelby Cobra, got it up to A600 and it can run 1:59s at Twin Ring Motegi full. Its does require careful throttle application, pretty easy to do with the 360 controller. i can only imagine, with the wonky, nonlinea,r multiple deadspots throttle in GT5 that its probably impossible to launch or exit a corner without wheel spin. But the only time I spin it in FM3 IS when I'm trying to drift.... other than that its pretty easy to save most other times when racing.:)

Maybe one day when you are not spreading misinformation, you will be taken seriously here. Until then, bummer.

Hate to admit it but your right. I love the 66 Shelby Cobra, got it up to A600 and it can run 1:59s at Twin Ring Motegi full. Its does require careful throttle application, pretty easy to do with the 360 controller. i can only imagine, with the wonky, nonlinea,r multiple deadspots throttle in GT5 that its probably impossible to launch or exit a corner without wheel spin. But the only time I spin it in FM3 IS when I'm trying to drift.... other than that its pretty easy to save most other times when racing.
He is actually pretty far off the mark. I have some solid laps with the 2010 Camaro, bumped to 500hp in GT5, and that thing is planted on every turn. You can juice it out of turns and the car just launches out without issues. The opposite happens with the same car in FM3.

My guess is that "dee" must still be playing in autobrake/autosteer novice mode.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back