Why I will most likely stick with Forza 3 over GT5

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 316 comments
Even when leaderboards are added, one particular car never dominated Prologue so I doubt it will in GT5, yet every FM to ever come out has had one car dominate, it all started with the CRX remember? I sure remember all those "NO CRX" heading lobbies, lol.

Whatever car Greenawalt is driving when he makes FM4 will probably dominate that game too, haha! I have a Trans Am WS6 and in real life it'd blow the doors right off an Audi S4, but not Greenawalts "sim" world. It's funny too he spews "360 physics calculations/sec" and people who don't know any better lick it up. Yeah well Sebring sure doesn't feel like I'm driving over slabs of concrete, so if it doesn't translate to gameplay it's just developer babble.

Actually if you look up the numbers on paper the cars stock are close. A 2010 S4 from C/D
Zero to 62 mph: 5.1–5.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.5–13.8 sec
Top speed (governor limited): 155 mph

200 WS6 from Motortrend
Trans Am ripped 0-60 mph in 5.0 seconds
quarter mile in 13.5 seconds at 107.4 mph.

Even when leaderboards are added, one particular car never dominated Prologue so I doubt it will in GT5, yet every FM to ever come out has had one car dominate, it all started with the CRX remember? I sure remember all those "NO CRX" heading lobbies, lol.

Maybe you should check out the GT5p leaderboards again.

Whatever car Greenawalt is driving when he makes FM4 will probably dominate that game too, haha! I have a Trans Am WS6 and in real life it'd blow the doors right off an Audi S4

Actually, no it wouldn't, lol. At least if you are talking factory specs. Even with RAM air added to the Trans Am as an option, factory was 325hp. His A4 came with 340hp and actually has a faster 0-60 (4.9 seconds on the audi vs. 5.2 on the Tran Am).

but not Greenawalts "sim" world. It's funny too he spews "360 physics calculations/sec" and people who don't know any better lick it up.

Now you are calling him a liar? Just keeps getting better Sherlock ;)

Yeah well Sebring sure doesn't feel like I'm driving over slabs of concrete,
Kidding, right?

Last edited:
They removed the rumble function on FM3 for that track. On FM2 it was present, so you were in no doubt about what surface you were on. Regardless of the rumble, you can still skip across the concrete on the last corner if your attack is too hot.

They removed the rumble function on FM3 for that track. On FM2 it was present, so you were in no doubt about what surface you were on. Regardless of the rumble, you can still skip across the concrete on the last corner if your attack is too hot.
Edit, I stand corrected. I just tested it. No rumble feedback, only the car bounces up and down.

Last edited:
Bogie, it seems like you are playing the really ultimate edition of F3 :)
Your version of the game is almost perfect, where did you buy it (and you suddenly started using 'lol' a lot)?

On a more serious note; several comments here I feel the same way about, while others are not. So which game has better physics?

Bogie, it seems like you are playing the really ultimate edition of F3 :)
Your version of the game is almost perfect, where did you buy it (and you suddenly started using 'lol' a lot)?
That was almost what I was wondering. How did a select few get a completely different Forza than the rest of us. I was like, wha?

Don't blame GT5 AI for crashes, I played some Forza 2 recently and AI there crashes into you 5 times more often. Though Forza AI drives infinitely better than GT5

rewind newbie

Yeah, right, there is nothing more entertaining than restarting same race third time because AI car again crashed into you on 9-th lap or even better like in GT5: you got disqualified in license/event cause AI crashed into you.

Rewind must be in every racing game like mandatory

Maybe you should check out the GT5p leaderboards again.

Actually, no it wouldn't, lol. At least if you are talking factory specs. Even with RAM air added to the Trans Am as an option, factory was 325hp. His A4 came with 340hp and actually has a faster 0-60 (4.9 seconds on the audi vs. 5.2 on the Tran Am).

Now you are calling him a liar? Just keeps getting better Sherlock ;)

Kidding, right?

Don't need to check, I played the crap out of prologue online and could compete in all the classes with multiple car types. NOT A CHANCE OF THAT in any FM game online. NOT A CHANCE.

What do you mean even with RAM AIR added? ALL WS6's have RAM AIR it's not added. Also your specs are wrong my car factory was 0-60 in 5.0 not 5.2 ,standing quarter in 13.52 and does 100MPH in 11 seconds and top end around 170MPH. Again, bring your Audi S4 along side anytime, haha!

And if the times are close in real life THEY CERTAINLY ARENT IN THE GAME. Which is why I poke fun at Greenawalt favouring his own ride and accepting Audi advertising bribes.

What I said was in plain english, did you read "liar" in there? I'm saying he can spew whatever he wants about physics calculations, but if the game feels lame when driving it's all just babble isn't it? You think Sebring feels realistic in anyway shape or form? Have you ever driven on concrete slabs at high speed? I can barely even notice the difference from the regular tarmac in FM3.

No wonder Forza is limited to 8 cars, 16 Audi S4's or 16 AWD vipers would be ridiculous.

Yeah, right, there is nothing more entertaining than restarting same race third time because AI car again crashed into you on 9-th lap or even better like in GT5: you got disqualified in license/event cause AI crashed into you.

Rewind must be in every racing game like mandatory

I don't really have those problems, if you need rewind maybe sims aren't your thing? Why not add rewind to NHL 11 too? Sometimes the AI makes a stupid play and spoils a game in the third period. Hell, lets add rewind to all games and then we never have to lose :yuck:

Blaming the developers for the end-user's mentality seems like one of the more desperate slights you can level at this game. If GT1-3 had been online, are you telling me that the majority wouldn't have used the Escudo?

Don't need to check, I played the crap out of prologue online and could compete in all the classes with multiple car types. NOT A CHANCE OF THAT in any FM game online. NOT A CHANCE.

What do you mean even with RAM AIR added? ALL WS6's have RAM AIR it's not added. Also your specs are wrong my car factory was 0-60 in 5.0 not 5.2 ,standing quarter in 13.52 and does 100MPH in 11 seconds and top end around 170MPH. Again, bring your Audi S4 along side anytime, haha!

And if the times are close in real life THEY CERTAINLY ARENT IN THE GAME. Which is why I poke fun at Greenawalt favouring his own ride and accepting Audi advertising bribes.

What I said was in plain english, did you read "liar" in there? I'm saying he can spew whatever he wants about physics calculations, but if the game feels lame when driving it's all just babble isn't it? You think Sebring feels realistic in anyway shape or form? Have you ever driven on concrete slabs at high speed? I can barely even notice the difference from the regular tarmac in FM3.

No wonder Forza is limited to 8 cars, 16 Audi S4's or 16 AWD vipers would be ridiculous.
I would recommend posting back when you know what you are talking about.

I don't really have those problems, if you need rewind maybe sims aren't your thing? Why not add rewind to NHL 11 too? Sometimes the AI makes a stupid play and spoils a game in the third period. Hell, lets add rewind to all games and then we never have to lose :yuck:

You know what I hate about "simulation" games becoming so popular? You put a steering wheel in a players hands and give them a decent physics engine, and they think they should try out for Red Bull F1.....

It's a game. No matter how close your game times are to real times, no matter how many races you win online... it's still a game. Nothing you do in it is meant to impress anyone.

That's why I can't understand the "experts" that chastise players who decide to use rewind, or play without a steering wheel. You do realize setting tire pressures, turning the car on, warming the car up, qualifying etc are all crucial things you would do before a real race, yet in Gran Turismo you don't have to (nor have the option to) do. Does that make you a casual? Maybe Need For Speed is for you?

Delusions of grandeur, nothing more.

Played GT5 for a week or so - now I am back with Forza.

Will go back once they fix some issues with the game - but it feels incomplete.

New DLC adds new life back into FM3.

Should keep me busy over the holiday season.

Chapman

You know what I hate about "simulation" games becoming so popular? You put a steering wheel in a players hands and give them a decent physics engine, and they think they should try out for Red Bull F1.....

It's a game. No matter how close your game times are to real times, no matter how many races you win online... it's still a game. Nothing you do in it is meant to impress anyone.

That's why I can't understand the "experts" that chastise players who decide to use rewind, or play without a steering wheel. You do realize setting tire pressures, turning the car on, warming the car up, qualifying etc are all crucial things you would do before a real race, yet in Gran Turismo you don't have to (nor have the option to) do. Does that make you a casual? Maybe Need For Speed is for you?

Delusions of grandeur, nothing more.

Funny you should mention this - i fired up rFactor with the HistoreX mod again yesterday, so I could thrash a Shelby Cobra around 1967 Bathurst and Longford - and I was just commenting on how even to just have a few "casual trackday" laps I needed to first look at the tyre pressures, alignement specs and be sure the correct settings where applied, start the car, get going without stalling (snap/grab clutch) and gently drive out the paddock/cold pits into the hot pits on cold tyres and then put in at least 1 warmup lap before I could get upto speed and get down to giving the Ford V8 a good thrashing.

All in all there was about 7 minutes of prep and wamrup before I could start putting down comfortable hot laps.... :lol:

I said to myself "man, if this was GT5 I could just pick the Cobra, click the button and have a rolling start drop me onto the track at near race speeds" hehehe.

I sure am glad we have both extremes of games available to "play" with :)

Last edited:
You think Sebring feels realistic in anyway shape or form? Have you ever driven on concrete slabs at high speed? I can barely even notice the difference from the regular tarmac in FM3.

Now you have lost all credibility in any of your arguments with that statement about Sebring in Forza. My god when you come around the sweeper to the start/finish line it is just bone jarring, you should try it using the feedback the game give using a buttkicker mounted on your seat, holy crap!.
I'm not too familiar with your postings and history here, whether you have played FM3 and if it was with a controller, or wheel and what kind. But even with a controller you have to really adjust and play the slabs as your car gets bouncing pretty hard at times.
This is why your statement about Sebring is totally wrong and leaves me to wonder why your are even in the Forza forums since it's obvious what a huge GT fanboy you are.

Now you have lost all credibility in any of your arguments with that statement about Sebring in Forza. My god when you come around the sweeper to the start/finish line it is just bone jarring, you should try it using the feedback the game give using a buttkicker mounted on your seat, holy crap!.
I'm not too familiar with your postings and history here, whether you have played FM3 and if it was with a controller, or wheel and what kind. But even with a controller you have to really adjust and play the slabs as your car gets bouncing pretty hard at times.
This is why your statement about Sebring is totally wrong and leaves me to wonder why your are even in the Forza forums since it's obvious what a huge GT fanboy you are.

I cant wait to redo Sebring in my Viper ACR-X with the new GT2 wheel... I am expecting great things from Forza3 and the fanatec wheel.

Now I can't wait... kid-in-a-candy-store-Christmas-morning excitment i tell you!!!!

Holy cow.. it is a year almost to the day since I shot and uploaded this video... I am not sooooooo looking forward to getting reaquainted with FM3.

What is the point of having them spread thin (your case Forza) or having them tight (your case GT5), when they are in your rearview mirror and beyond anyway.
Because unlike Forza, there are a few races in GT5 where you can't blow the opposition away.

Then you're obviously not very far into the game. The S-License Overtaking tests, Special Events, & a few of the Extreme races will show you what I'm talking about.

But its not because of the A.I.s skill or anything, I think the game give the A.I. cars more power, better tires, something on some of the tough events. Since it was so easy, in the Lambo one make race, I only put in 70 hp extra into my LP560, and the A.I. was pulling away from me on the straight.....while I was drafting. Thats not challenging, it stupid! Beating good racers online is challenging, even though FM3 has much better single player, it was still easy to beat most races, but they were a bit more fun since the A.I. was still in the same area code after the first corner.👍

My biggest gripe with Forza is how the car feels like its flying about an inch off the ground the ride is just too smooth.
GT5 however feels sooo much different, almost like you can feel every bump.
GT5 also offers a greater challange, forza was just too easy.

Latest Posts

Back