Why Isn't The NEW Track Zahara de la Sierra Out Yet?Addressed 

Two gigabytes is an inordinately large download. This is the size of some games. In comparison, the 1.09 Update at just under 600 megabytes included
  • The GT Academy RJN Motorsport GT-R NISMO GT3
  • The Lexus IS F CCS-R ’11
  • The Toyota TS030 Hybrid LMP
  • The Volkswagen Vision GT concept car
  • The Red Bull Ring racecourse
  • A number of physics enhancements, tuning adjustments to work with those enhancements, bug fixes, functional improvements and tweaks for offline and online racing
The 1.08 Update at 1.4 GB contained the Ayrton Senna Tribute, which included three of the vehicles - one a kart - that he raced in his career, new 1985 historical models of the Brands Hatch and Monza tracks, as well as the Mitsubishi Vision GT concept and a number of GT6 enhancements.

So whatever is in the 1.10 Update is freaking huge. It's the largest single update for GT6 yet.

Do not forget, we can add race numbers to a bunch of cars.
All the 3d models of these cars are changed, the 4 places where the numbers appear, are added poly's
where the textures for the racenumbers appear.
All these changed 3d models are also in the 2115MB download.

Do not forget, we can add race numbers to a bunch of cars.
All the 3d models of these cars are changed, the 4 places where the numbers appear, are added poly's
where the textures for the racenumbers appear.
All these changed 3d models are also in the 2115MB download.
Not necessarily true. They may well be added polygons in a lot of cases, but they can be added when the mesh is loaded using a simple parametric patching method, or, even better, just a decal projection method.

The cars already use polygons and decals to define their liveries in many cases, because the PS3 can afford more polygons than it can texels!

EDIT: it will be known to at least one person already precisely what was in the update, but, for obvious reasons, that won't be shared with the general public.

Last edited:
My thought on this is that course maker ELEMENTS have been added, and more will come next time, and next time, etc. until it is fully built and functional.

Edit: The other half of that is the code to REPLACE the previous non-number areas with the numbers. That might take some (at least modest) commands... (shrug)

My thought on this is that course maker ELEMENTS have been added, and more will come next time, and next time, etc. until it is fully built and functional.
According to Whistle Snap on NeoGAF (Whistle Stop? I must be thinking of that old British music show :P)
Circuito de la Sierra has been added to track database.
He could be hiding some sensitive information, but I'm wondering what it could be, when he's also divulged this:
Yep, this was from an old update:

NumberPlateCustomizable
DeckenCustomizable
WindowStickerCustomizable

Now in 1.10:

Decken_No_Installed.None Fitted
Decken_Normal_Setup.Normal
Default.Default
Design_A.Type A
Design_B.Type B
Design_C.Type C
Design_D.Type D
Design_E.Type E
Group_CarNumber.Car Number
Group_Decken.Driver Number
Group_WindowSticker.WindowSticker
Label_DesignType.Base
Label_FontType.Typeface
Label_Number.Number
No_Number.None
Rotate_Left.Rotate Left
Rotate_Right.Rotate Right
So while there might be something really sneaky cool in the update, I'm thinking Zahara probably explains the size of it, considering that it's even longer than the Nordshleife. The video PD made for it is pretty full of terrain and lots of assets.

While I'd love to see Zahara, I'm a bit more interested in the Livery Editor-ish elements, and how PD is inching along to the full deal.

Last edited:
"At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 19/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 19/08/2014 15:00 BST

Start: 20/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 20/08/2014 15:00 BST"

Guys.... I thing the time is coming.
So.............. GET READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

"At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 19/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 19/08/2014 15:00 BST

Start: 20/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 20/08/2014 15:00 BST"

Guys.... I thing the time is coming.
So.............. GET READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Well I'll be damned, that's an update right there, I'm calling it to have Zahara. :D

well the first round of system maintenance is done so unless something exciting happens tomorrow the server maintenance was just... server maintenance :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/video-first-look-at-new-gt6-track-circuito-de-la-sierra/

vwMin.gif

I've personally learnt not to believe anything about future DLC that hasn't been announced by PD themselves until it's released, now matter how accurate the source has been in the past.

This was said by someone who has direct communication with PD.

But, they don't abuse it, so I won't say their name.

Back