Why Isn't The NEW Track Zahara de la Sierra Out Yet?Addressed 

I don't think that we will get the Course Creator this month personally (again, this is just my opinion), but in my opinion it is possible that we might get Zahara as a track by itself. My tuppence worth anyway.
This was Kaz's original thinking on the matter. Both GT Planet and Google are being unhelpful, but he discussed the Course Maker in an interview or two in which he said he thought they would release an example track or two first, and then follow with the CM itself later.

But as I said above, if Kaz has a working example of Course Maker II now, it shouldn't be too much longer before we get it ourselves. Should be big fun. :D

Considering how much PD has been giving us (I had to rebuild my game, and the updates alone were around 7 GB! :crazy:) (Oh, and keep a backup! :mad:) this game has quite a bit in store. I wonder how much they are building each time!

People seem to be forgetting that since the content is already in our game, another "update" isn't actually needed to get at it.
They just need to remotely activate it via one of the "ninja-updates", which can come at any time.

They did that with the Senna content, if I remember rightly.

I just need this track now! PD please release it tomorrow! Does anyone know what Amar meant when he said it was held back because reasons?

People seem to be forgetting that since the content is already in our game, another "update" isn't actually needed to get at it.
They just need to remotely activate it via one of the "ninja-updates", which can come at any time.

No. There was an update on May 14, 1.07.

And 2nd, May 30, 1.08. ;)

I just need this track now! PD please release it tomorrow! Does anyone know what Amar meant when he said it was held back because reasons?

Tomorrow ? Why ?

so I haven't been nearly as involved with GTP recently but it seems that we could be on the verge of some pretty good feature/content updates. Zahara being activated in the next one probably. I am also guessing that we will get the track editor with it (and I hope the GPS editor comes along with that but I'm not holding my breath.) I imagine the "reasons" would be that the track editor wasn't ready yet so they held off on releasing the track.

Not with the Senna content, but they did with the Goodwood update (that one didn't even show a ninja update).

Hopefully we will see an update THIS month, not the end of the next month for the track...

I dunno, August doesn't feel like a big update month. I bet we may see an VGT or two but there is no way we'll see the course creator. I don't think we'll see it this year. Just a guess! I would love to be surprised though! :D Kaz? hint hint :sly:

Well, what I was meaning is the Zahara track, which seems to be in that big 2.1GB download we got last week. I don't think we'll see the Course Maker till September at the earliest, but I'd love to be wrong. Right now, it's in beta stage and PD is tinkering with it.

Just wondering, I'm not all that number-crunching technology-inclined, but if the name of the course has been found in the game data, how does that mean the track-data itself is there ?

I know it was a 2gig download, but with PD for all we know that could be a lot of excess data/bug fixes-causes/VGT and other stuff.

Did Whistle_snap or whoever find a whole new chunk of 'numbers' in the data ?, coding similar to courses already in the game but different in some manner indicating there is a 'new track' somewhere ?

Two gigabytes is an inordinately large download. This is the size of some games. In comparison, the 1.09 Update at just under 600 megabytes included
  • The GT Academy RJN Motorsport GT-R NISMO GT3
  • The Lexus IS F CCS-R ’11
  • The Toyota TS030 Hybrid LMP
  • The Volkswagen Vision GT concept car
  • The Red Bull Ring racecourse
  • A number of physics enhancements, tuning adjustments to work with those enhancements, bug fixes, functional improvements and tweaks for offline and online racing
The 1.08 Update at 1.4 GB contained the Ayrton Senna Tribute, which included three of the vehicles - one a kart - that he raced in his career, new 1985 historical models of the Brands Hatch and Monza tracks, as well as the Mitsubishi Vision GT concept and a number of GT6 enhancements.

So whatever is in the 1.10 Update is freaking huge. It's the largest single update for GT6 yet.

Back