Why Kaz needs to go...

Do you think Kaz should retire from GT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'll go ahead and poke some sticks into the fire as I don't want to go to bed, why not?

It certainly beats backing up previous points...

The thing is, these car companies are going to design outlandish concept cars anyway. This is a way for them to produce concepts that don't take forever to realize and aren't insanely expensive, unless they want to go that extra step and produce a physical model like Mercedes did. They get their concepts, done virtually and much more affordably. But there is one difference, in that we get to play with their creations.

I refuse to believe you actually think turning some designer's drawings into 3D models in a video game for the PS3 is a better approach than using a dedicated platform for rendering.

I recognize this is a different horses/courses scenario, but frankly I'm not too thrilled at the idea of getting to play with their creations, for the simple reason that the creations don't have to have any basis on reality. See the Nike car, see the X2010 at it's most extreme performance capabilities; the Merc VGT has a made-up specification simply for the sake of it. It's no different from that Devel Sixteen vapourware car, where the "creators" make up increasingly outrageous performance claims.

The car companies are the ones who are clamoring for the opportunity. More participated than were approached for the idea. If you guys want to blame anyone, you have to include everyone.

Anybody but Kaz/PD, naturally. The ones who came up with the idea.

And just briefly on the Nike 2020, that was a bit much. ;) However, the Technological Singularity is going to happen at some point and things are going to be a little crazy, unless God comes back and makes us humans and computers play nice together. Regardless, technology is going to explode to the point that the Nike car may just be a toy, as almost anything will be possible.

So, was the technology that the Nike car ran on real or no? Simple question.

Adding an old BMW would further pad the car list on their never-ending quest for highest number just as much as adding a concept car. n+1 is still n+1.

You're being intentionally obtuse if you think adding something like an E30 is the equivalent of adding a second Merc VGT with a naff wing.

All cars begin on the drawing board. Or made up chapters if you prefer that terminology. Merc VGT is hardly a wipeout creation, and it is now being produced in limited numbers.

...by a company with no official association with Mercedes. And yes, I recognize all cars begin on the drawing board. I'd really rather wait until they're finished, though; which is sort of ironic, given the unfinished state of GT6 itself...

I'm sure plenty of enthusiasts would prefer exclusive concepts, as opposed to another supercar which is already featured in other games.

Certainly some would, yes. Though you're very much misunderstanding me if you think I'm talking about supercars...

I don't think Kaz wants that. Didn't he say in one of the interviews from years and years and years ago that in order for a car to be in GT it has to have some sort of significance to him, mostly, and the car culture?
So while we may get an ordinary car here and there, he probably wants cars that have some sort of impact. Race cars, flagships, spaceships...electrics and hybrids.

Which almost kills the VGT project anyways; these cars have very little impact on car culture, by dint of existing almost wholly within the realm of GT itself.

Though even with that reasoning, I still see the Honda Element in the game... :P

Anybody but Kaz/PD, naturally. The ones who came up with the idea.
Well, let's not even consider the automotive community who busted the doors off, several more insisting they had to be in on the action. ;)

Look, this phenomenon of car makers making outlandish prototypes, I've always thought was a little strange when they began to take on the form of pure technology demonstrators, and actual cars weren't coming from them like the Countach. However, that's their business, and the seven or however many carmakers invited to this party becoming 27, that's their business too. Blaming Kaz for their enthusiasm sounds much more than one sided. And no matter how you think of this, I see automakers getting more involved in Gran Turismo is a good thing. Hopefully the Ayrton Senna stuff will mean the same thing with the racing world, and we'll get some of those improvements to the racing aspects of GT we've been clamoring for.

I've already said that I'd rather have the cars I mentioned than these concepts, but look some more. We've only known about this for half a year or more. You guys getting fussy about it now just sounds like griping for the sake of one more GT thing to gripe about.

Oh, and noticing your snarky question about the Nike in GT4, I do believe I already made a snarky remark about the weird thing.
And just briefly on the Nike 2020, that was a bit much. ;)
You really need to quit skimming my posts...

Last edited:
Though even with that reasoning, I still see the Honda Element in the game... :P

I miss my Honda Element.
Well, all the ordinary cars have been there from the start, mostly. Then there's all the "best motoring" cars, including the Odyssey.
I'm sure MFRs require cars a,b,c in order to get cars d,e,f...which pretty much kills the whole "significant" aspect...oh whatever. WHy do I still believe anything that man says?

You're being intentionally obtuse if you think adding something like an E30 is the equivalent of adding a second Merc VGT with a naff wing.

Because PD usually never adds different versions of the same car?

Kaz is GT, and GT is Kaz. If he the left, what's gonna happen with GT?

He's like the "Ferguson" of this type of games. He can have good or bad games, but he's still what he is.

If KAz leaves Gt we might actually get what was advertised prior to game release and we might actually get updates and new cars for a change. Kaz has never kept his word. He only cares about making money ..... and couldnt give 2 shts about keeping loyal fans happy.

Hi guys,

I sent a message on Yoshida's twitter and he responded.

Here is the link (I don't know how to post a pic of the whole conversation).

https://twitter.com/cassiusclay99/status/443698842421440512

He listened politely and very professionaly...but we can hope he ends up looking deeper into it.

I really like the guy btw. he deserves his good reputation in the gaming community.

Mr. Yoshida is a part of the problem is he not?

He's the head of Sony's Worldwide development, a director on the board of Polyphony Digital Inc, and he comes out and says "What Problems?" are you excrementing me? A person doing their job correctly would know the problems and would've acted years ago. I think both of these gentlemen need reliving of their duties for the good of GT.

Yoshida can't say anything elsea but this... what did you expect? Did you expect him to aknowledge something even PD did not aknowledge? If PD had talked about problems, he would probably have said: "we are all dedicated to solving the issues...blablabla..." But when there is nothing officially admitted, he can't say much.

He is the big boss but he still can't communicate about specific titles, GT or other, without speaking with the dev team first.

What he said was the max he could say... i won't hold my breath for changes in PD's communication but still: he answered when he did not have to. He probably gets hundreds tweets everyday... He chose to not ignore this one. Better than nothing.

MAYBE he is going to have a look at GTPlanet...

Maybe if he gets many more complaints on his twitter...just saying....

If KAz leaves Gt we might actually get what was advertised prior to game release and we might actually get updates and new cars for a change. Kaz has never kept his word. He only cares about making money ..... and couldnt give 2 shts about keeping loyal fans happy.
Maybe, maybe not. Look what happend with Turn 10 and Forza 5, they 🤬 up their game too, but it's a good team, like PD is since 15 years ago, and the main mind is Kaz.

I think GT won't be what it is if Kaz left, just that.

Wow, of all the links you could throw at him you gave him the link for this thread. :banghead:

I mean, how serious is he going to take a topic that starts with "Why Kaz needs to go..." and where he has to go through a long rant before he can start dechifering what needs to be changed.

Here is what you list:
  • OMG that disastrous framerate (what are they going to do about that? Force everyone to play in 720p?)
  • the sounds... (which they're already working on)
  • the car list... (what about it???)
  • the cars/tracks inconsistency... (???)
  • ridiculous online features... (you want online to be removed???)
  • still no community update... (I think they know that they haven't released it yet)
  • still no new track... (same)
  • still no track editor... (same)
  • useless GT Vision/adaptive tesselation stuff (those are not even remotely connected to each other and I think the tech guys at PD are better judges of how useful AT is)
  • VERY important features... (Yes, they should add some VERY important features! Why haven't they thought of that?)
  • lightning at night downgraded compared to GT5... (the lighting it's better than GT5 IMO, but you already know that)
  • clutch still not dealt properly... (while you may have a point there, what do you mean by "properly"?)
  • bugs...etc... (yeah, let's not make it easy for them to find and fix the bugs by actually saying what bugs we're talking about. Just fix bugs in general... etc...)
How would you expect anyone to make any sense of that without going through a bunch of other topics first to get some insight on what you may be talking about?

This would have been a lot better, as it's actually a list of things to improve: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/things-in-gt6-you-want-fixed-please-read-bold-first.291914/

Or even this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/features.341/

@eran0004
Well my friend, you should have done it yourself.

But you did not...

And a thread of a poll with 600 GTFans and 500 posts talking about what they think of GT's evolution seems perfect to me.
A thread stating that more than 30% of fans are so disappointed they want thecreator of the series to leave.

Those who think I was too harsh must live in the pink poneys world. This is business and I am an angry costumer.

Last edited:
I recognize this is a different horses/courses scenario, but frankly I'm not too thrilled at the idea of getting to play with their creations, for the simple reason that the creations don't have to have any basis on reality. See the Nike car, see the X2010 at it's most extreme performance capabilities; the Merc VGT has a made-up specification simply for the sake of it. It's no different from that Devel Sixteen vapourware car, where the "creators" make up increasingly outrageous performance claims.
"Red Bull say they don’t know how much it would cost to build the car but it theoretically could be done. The design obeys all physical laws."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/01/12/adrian-newey-on-the-red-bull-x2010/

ruliweb_gt5_x1_32v5s2t.jpg

@eran0004
Well my friend, you should have done it yourself.

But you did not...

And a thread of a poll with 600 GTFans and 500 posts talking about what they think of GT's evolution seems perfect to me.
A thread stating that more than 30% of fans are so disappointed they want thecreator of the series to leave.

Those who think I was too harsh must live in the pink poneys world. This is business and I am an angry costumer.

Well my friend, you should have done it in a good way.

But you did not...

Look at these two different approaches to giving feedback:
  1. Telling them how to run their company (fire Kaz)
  2. Telling them what kind of product you want (by specifying things to be improved)
Now see if you can find which response is more likely to follow on which approach:
  1. No. But thanks for the feedback :rolleyes:
  2. Thanks for the feedback, we'll see what we can do 👍
(hint: to make it easier, the numbers match)

And statistics based on open internet polls have no statistic validity, other than for the actual people that has voted. The only thing your poll says is that 215 individuals are so dissapointed with the game that they want to fire Kaz. It doesn't say anything about the % of fans that wants him gone.

And yeah, you're certainly angry. Try a less emotional approach next time.

@eran0004
I am starting to really fancy your condescending tone. Keep up the good work!

I'll make sure to call you next time I want to express a personal point of view to someone. Don't go far from your computer please.

Your analysis of my poll/thread is as shortsighted as your opinion on GT. You know there are 500 posts in it don't you? People answered my question and explained their answers, wether they want Kaz gone or not.

Hint: it's right under the OP...you can scroll with your keyboard.

Btw, do you really think I believe i can make Kaz fired? ... Even better: with ONE tweet !? OMG it must be so easy to be you!

Try a less condescending approach next time.

@eran0004
I am starting to really fancy your condescending tone. Keep up the good work!

I'll make sure to call you next time I want to express a personal point of view to someone. Don't go far from your computer please.

Your analysis of my poll/thread is as shortsighted as your opinion on GT. You know there are 500 posts in it don't you? People answered my question and explained their answers, wether they want Kaz gone or not.

Hint: it's right under the OP...you can scroll with your keyboard.

Btw, do you really think I believe i can make Kaz fired? ... Even better: with ONE tweet !? OMG it must be so easy to be you!

Try a less condescending approach next time.

My opinion on this thread is that it's a good as far as a discussion between members goes. But I don't think a thread asking if Kaz should be fired is a very good introduction for the type of person you hope will read this forum. Even if he did open the link he would be more likely to follow up with questions to his employees if he saw all the problems associated with GT clearly listed in the first post and then letting him draw his own conclusions. Like presenting an abstract, if you will.

My opinion on this thread is that it's a good as far as a discussion between members goes. But I don't think a thread asking if Kaz should be fired is a very good introduction for the type of person you hope will read this forum. Even if he did open the link he would be more likely to follow up with questions to his employees if he saw all the problems associated with GT clearly listed in the first post and then letting him draw his own conclusions. Like presenting an abstract, if you will.

I see your point. BUT; i am not PD's costumer service: i am an angry fan who feels disrespected by PD.
Again, my thread is not only reductible to its title.

One can think that Sony Boss seeing that 33% of GTfans think the game is bad enough to want Kaz to leave is a pretty intriguing fact. (yes: I know GTPlanet does not represent all the Gt palyers, or Gt fans ok... but you got my point right?)
Especially as Gt Planet is "unoffically" considered the "official" GT forum.

if PD really uses Gt Planet, then they should know how angry some of us are.

And if you think a nice, cold, "constructive" topic (I think mine is btw...) would work better, then feel free to send him a link.

But i repeat : Gt Planet made some huge surveys that got to PD.
There are hundreds of topics that PD red where everything is detailed in a very constructive way... did they listen? Really?

I don't think so...

Because PD usually never adds different versions of the same car?
No, they usually don't. Going on the GT6 car list, they usually just change the string in the car name and a couple badges and call it a different car; to the extent of making up "versions" that don't exist either. When they get a car that presents the chance to actually add significant revisions that would legitimately diversify the car list (in a way that an E30 similarly would and another minor revision of an already made up car does not), even ones that would be simple to do, they mostly don't bother.

"Red Bull say they don’t know how much it would cost to build the car but it theoretically could be done. The design obeys all physical laws."
It's too bad that they added the publicity stunt amazing aerodynamic wunderkind to a game that originally didn't actually model downforce increasing with drag, among other things. Which probably wouldn't have been an issue in and of itself if Sony hadn't spent so much time parading its performance in GT5 as showing relevance to its theoretical capabilities. The attempt to ignore his point is noted, however.

Gonna comment on something else, too:
Where you say things like the game has done almost nothing but go downhill since GT1. I would say that's a VERY personal opinion because I doubt hardly anyone agrees with you.
What I actually said was this:
the attention to detail in the series has gotten worse and worse the farther away the series has gotten from the first game, despite a valiant effort made with GT2.
And I said it in response to someone specifically praising the GT series' "nerdy detail". It is also a demonstrable issue for the series, especially after the jump to the PS2, and I have argued such several times since GT5 released.

Now, one can certainly argue that the series has gotten worse overall since the first game, but I personally wouldn't; if for no other reason than the second game is my favorite. Someone could even argue that the attention to detail in the series is no less than it ever was, as TenEightyOne was (unintentionally) arguing. But I'm looking down a game that not only ignored dozens of separate issues with car accuracy since they were introduced in the series (some of them in GT3, some in GT4, most in GTPSP, but a not-inconsequential number new with each game since) despite all of PD's grandstanding about "unprecedented manufacturer access"; but went so far as to make it implied with GT6's release that they are purposely ignoring them in favor of pursuing raw numbers and making the cars the way they want them rather than how they actually were, so if someone was to disagree they would hopefully bring some sort of substance to the debate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back