Why Kaz needs to go...

Do you think Kaz should retire from GT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slip, you know this is offensive to all those who love the franchise, correct? Especially coming from a mod like yourself. Just because others loves GT, doesn't mean their the problem of why GT is what it is today, and why it sells well. The same thing can be said to any franchise. ANY.

Com on man...get off your high horse.

Wether you love Gt or not does not make our complains more or less relevent.

GT is the BEATS by Dre equivalent of the simcade video game racing world. Or at least it's a few months away from it.

Slip, you know this is offensive to all those who love the franchise, correct? Especially coming from a mod like yourself.

Then you're just going to be offended by anything. All he said was buying a game regardless of flaws isn't helpful to encourage innovation. Calling that "offensive" isn't a valid counterpoint. It's just you not liking or agreeing with it. Which is fine, don't like or agree with him. But it's not offensive. And his being a mod has nothing to do with it.

Then you're just going to be offended by anything. All he said was buying a game regardless of flaws isn't helpful to encourage innovation. Calling that "offensive" isn't a valid counterpoint. It's just you not liking or agreeing with it. Which is fine, don't like or agree with him. But it's not offensive. And his being a mod has nothing to do with it.
Not necessarily offended by anything. Just thought it was the other way around (based on my post). But yeah, took it the wrong way.

EDIT: Also you put "his" instead of "him" at the last sentence. :sly:

Last edited:
But in the face of obvious improvements in the series, your guy's arguments really aren't that sound. Some standards were improved and most still look 10 years old. Sounds were improved and are now 2 on a scale of 100 as opposed to 1/100 and 15 years out of date. Bot A.I. was improved and are still terrible. But according to many of you, nothing ever changed.
Fixed that for you, in the interests of accuracy.

As I said in another thread, I don't think GT6 is going to be abandoned.

Really, because you did say:

GT6 was rushed out the door to capitalize on the PS3 install base, Christmas sales, and the 15th Anniversary (plus) of the Gran Turismo franchise. From description of intended updates, it seems almost like half the game has yet to be built. And now, with indications that GT7/Prologue may be in the works, much of it might not be [finished]. Instead, the team might be focusing on that next gen experience. I won't cry about it.

TokoTurismo-> I think you got Slip's point: he has nothing against people who love GT...come on. He talks about that tendency to deny any kind of criticism. Some people here built some kind of automatic defensive stand as soon as you criticize GT and/or Kaz.
Some people will deny the obvious (sounds, unfinished games, disastrous framerate, poor IQ, night lightning downgraded,miscomunication,...). They may love GT, think it's the best game ever... why can't they still admit that, yes, the games should be better, that some decisions are weird (to say the least) ?

Between GT4 and GT6, what feature did PD add that renews the game?
Online is a mess: 10 years since GT4 (which was supposed to be online before they just canceled it) and there is still not one good idea on the online front. None!

Night races: great addition! BUT.. it's more a technical achievement than a creative addition. It does not show that PD is more inventive...just technically more skilled than the others (and mind you, there were already night races in GT3/4: Special stage Route 11)

Damages? Hell! 1 month AFTER GT5 was released we were not sure they were in!! And PD damages were so bad integrated that it hardly made a difference...did it?

AI...some say it's better (I don't: I am level 40 in BSpec so I think if the AI was good, I would have noticed it...but I saw level 40 bobs being beaten by level 3...level 37 bobs failing systematically in the same corner: ALL THE TIME ...i saw the most ridiculous behaviour from my BOBs)...but even if it is: still a long way to a acceptable imo. Never saw anything that made me think they really worked hard on it.
And speaking of B-Spec: we were all sure that having bobs would allow us to race with them as a team. Like 3 bobs and you making a 24 hours race...great! Except that: no... you can't share a wheel with your bob. Why is that btw?
GT academy? great for the top players... but useless for 99% of us. In the end, if you know you won't make intothe top 10 (99,9999% of players) it's not more fun than leaderboards on any track... which don't exist.

The ability to share/give cars was brilliant! So they decided to take it off from GT6!

Everything Kaz did greatly, every good idea he had on Gt is 15 years old now... GT5 sold well just tx to GT4.
And GT6 sells poor tx to GT5 (yes...I know there is the next gen too... but I think it's marginal in GT6 sales... many MANY people hated GT5 so much that they just lost trust in the brand... you can see that even on GTplanet...where EVERYONE here is -or at least was- a GT fan).

I can't believe you put the blame on us, betrayed fans when PD does not deliver. Do you think we enjoy being disappointed by the very serie we used to love? Don't you think you and us share the same passion ? Do you really think we woke up one day deciding: "lets' not trust Kaz anymore..."
kaz missed the target with GT5...ok...it can happen. But make the same mistakes, technical shortcomings (even worse sometimes like framerate, or sharing cars )... that's unforgivable. they had 3 years!

So... tell me after 10 years of the same old recipe, where is PD creativity? What creative achievement did they do to make you such a believer?

But in the face of obvious improvements in the series, your guy's arguments really aren't that sound.Some standards were improved and most still look 10 years old. Sounds were improved and are now 2 on a scale of 100 as opposed to 1/100 and 15 years out of date. Bot A.I. was improvedand are still terrible. But according to many of you, nothing ever changed.
Abused your post for you, in the interests of extreme exaggeration.
You mean. ;)

By the way, I did say "finished," not that PD wouldn't update GT6, which I did go on to mention in other threads.

Kicking him out is a bit harsh, they just need some serious competition, just like the late 90's GT vs NFS days. Forza isn't cutting it.. So Pcar is probably next in line to that. And hope they give GT a serious beating (sales wise)

Might sound harsh but PD needs to retire altogether, and Sony should pump it's money in another developer that can make a great racing sim/car collecting game instead of them.

I vote for Kunos Simulazioni if that ever happens thats for sure.. They have a huge amount of passion when it comes cars, probably equals or exceed that of PD.

This forum has really gone to crap. The "fans" here really have to be the worst in gaming. You're like those sports teams with a coach that just won a few championships then the team has a season with a shaky start and the coach is immediately canned.
I now declare that GT fans are up there with Sonic fans.

Theres being fans and there being in a cult. Fans come and go based on quality, quantity and substance. Which GT is massively lacking since GT4. Unless GT7 comes out swinging at every angle for PS4 the the Title of best console racer will be lost and there is some good quality games coming out in every genre now. The more promises they brake, the more fans will leave and will be harder to bring back.

This forum has really gone to crap. The "fans" here really have to be the worst in gaming. You're like those sports teams with a coach that just won a few championships then the team has a season with a shaky start and the coach is immediately canned.
Real fans are the ones vocal about flaws with the franchise that ruin said franchise. Only mindless sheep buy a flawed product and praise whoever made it because they are "fans". The second group don't help a series forward much either.

"One season" being a decade. At which point is it acceptable to call for changes? 20 years? 30? I might be dead long before that.

Real fans are the ones vocal about flaws with the franchise that ruin said franchise. Only mindless sheep buy a flawed product and praise whoever made it because they are "fans". The second group don't help a series forward much either.
There is constructive criticism and being a dick criticism. Most of GT's is the latter.
I agree the series needs work, but the attitude here is downright terrible.

When the full blown GT7 finally gets made, it's going to be a good racer because Kaz will be at the helm of a very talented team.

Funnily enough I remember similar sentiments before Gran Turismo 5.....

And Gran Turismo 6.....

There is constructive criticism and being a dick criticism. Most of GT's is the latter.
I agree the series needs work, but the attitude here is downright terrible.

A whole console generation spent waiting will do that to people.

I don't see how anyone can complain about someone complaining about the state of GT considering the state of GT6 right now.

It is 2014 and look at the terrible state of the game. Look at the lack of online and community features. Look at the lack of progress in Ai, career mode, seasonals, sound, etc., etc.

How can anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear be surprised that people are frustrated with this mess?

So complaining about a game's shortcomings is terrible...but releasing, twice, an unfinished game...letting fans in total lack of news about when and what to expect next, with technical flaws that are worse than its predecessor... this is completely acceptable.

And enough with this crap about how passionate PD is about cars... if they were as passionate about cars they would not let them sound like vacuum cleaners. Would they let some of them drive at totally unrealistic top speeds? So many bugs, errors and shortcuts in the game. So far from their fiddly job in GT1 to 4.

PD has been doing the same thing for 15 years now... of course many of them must be bored to death!
can you imagine yourself modelizing cars for 15 years? I don't think they came in the videogame business like they would come in the car business. Some of them must be desperate...they must dream of fantasy games, huge worlds, character designs, robots, etc...

But even if they are so passionate...how come I can't feel it in the game? Do you feel like the way they introduce cars is passionate? When I worked so hard to finally get my hands on the FXX: a black background and a flat light with the same music over and over (that you can't skip of course)

How come you can't look at the car from every angle without getting in the photo mode (which means select the car-get out-go to photomode-chose the location-chose the spot-chose the camera-...and then having to see the car through the eye of a camera... instead of just being able to zoom, dezoom, turn around a car straight from the garage? )
How come the whole game design looks more like a dentist lab than a mechanics garage?
How come there is no "human drama" whatsoever in the game?

And now they even made a documentary about Kaz... like he is an artist or a nobel prize! RI-DI-CU-LOUS!

Last edited:

This is so much of a stretch I almost can't reach it. Football coaches get a chance once a year to prove their worth. Kaz has released 2 full games in almost 10 years, both of which were incomplete, buggy, have online instability, and simply underachieve.

It's been a long time coming, this isn't something that just popped up yesterday.

:lol: Have you ever even experienced another gaming community? If you think this is bad, I'm going to go with "No".

I have been a member on a few gaming forums.
I've never been to a point where the attitude of the community made me just want to avoid it. This is getting close though. Just visiting here bums me out.

I've never been to a point where the attitude of the community made me just want to avoid it. This is getting close though. Just visiting here bums me out.

I strongly suggest you avoid the topics that are so obviously critical.
Title of this topic is very clear... and those who are hard on Kaz/PD are pretty polite and have elaborate -and so debattable- points of view.

You obviously have no intention to talk about the game...just to whinge about its community (the same one since GT1 mind you) who happens to get impatient and fed up with Kaz's "visions".

i find it very sane to be able to talk about it.

That should say something about how people here feel. They didn't start this way, it's a reaction... and one that was inevitable really. Whether you agree as to its justification, it is a natural reaction to ignorance. By that I mean when you ask a question that requires an answer and what you get instead is complete and utter silence.

Managing customer expectations is one of the fundamental aspects of any good business. Polyphony Digitial doesn't appear to be very good at this. Does that mean Kaz should go -- of course not, that is absurd - at best only those here that are PoDi employees or shareholders can have a valid opinion.

Reactions: R.S
Battered wife syndrome at its finest.

I haven't touched GT6 since new years week. This is coming from someone that played GT5 religiously despite its flaws. I'm done giving PD free passes. Kaz's "vision" is rivaling that of Stevie Wonder. They've gotten by with half assed attempts due to them not having any competiton, but all of that will change this year when they're no longer the only viable option in the genre. It's funny what SMS managed to do with $2M in funding, and even Kunos compared to the garbage PD spits out for $60M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back