Why Kaz needs to go...

Do you think Kaz should retire from GT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
eran0004.... is this the first gran turismo you have played?? sure seems like it. Ive been with the series since day 1. It should be way better by this stage. Its 2014!!!!

For your information it's not. This was my first Gran Turismo:

gran-turismo-boxart.jpg

And tell me, how does playing the game from day 1 make you learn anything about the process behind the making of them?

Evolution Studios? You mean guys who made Motorstorm? And Studio Liverpool, Wipeout guys and Formula 1 games... This games were bit of arcadeish in nature. Are you serious about handing over GT series form guy which is motorsports insider to guys who make arcade games? I would say definitely no to that. Also PD is Japanese developer with unique approach to GT series. Look at once famous japanese Final Fantasy series which is trying to please western buyers. It's a mess! Japanese games must keep its uniqueness. If GT would be made by other studios, it would loose its unique spirit. Kaz makes it unique.

Kaz released GT6 in very poor form, i can't understand why he did that. The only reason that comes to my mind is Sony rushing him to do that. Sony wanted GT6 on PS3 in december 2013, and this is all Kaz was able to offer to us to that date. Maybe he was in process of re-working mechanics of GT series... i don't know. Gaming industry is business, if you can make money on same CoD every year, why would you want to do something completely new? I'm 100% sure, GT7 on PS4 will address most of flaws of GT5 and 6, and Sony will allow Kaz make GT as he wants, but not ideal, so they can make money on little better GT8...))) I'm starting to hate gaming industry... if nothing changes through the years, soon i will stop supporting this kind of exploitation of our wallets.

Their WRC games from evolution were fantastic learn a bit more about the studio, sure Studio wipeout produce wipeout and its lightyears ahead of most races in the arcade genre, their f1 work with 2002 used a lot of smart trickery in the physics for its time honestly you should pick that game up instead of spoiting baseless junk.

Final Fantassy much like GT over the past gen has become a victim of its own sucess and needs a new angle an input.

Dont base and dismiss a studio based on a couple games, base them on their talent as a developer.

Eran-> I am not even going to pretend I know exactly what happens at PD's office. Noone knows...
For some reason, PD decided that Kaz would be the only person talking about GT. He would impersonate GT and be the souls of GT.
Even here, most Kaz defenders say "Kaz IS GT".

I said it and I ll say it again: Kaz deserves all the success he got... but then, when after 10 years and 2 opuse, Gt keeps failing and missing the target, why should we suddenly say it's not Kaz's fault ?

he is the producer and the game director...he even is in Sony's board. He makes the calls. (or maybe you have informations saying otherwise? )but still: it's not his fault!
Plus, he knew PS3 before anyone else, he has more budget than anyone else, and more time than anyone else... but GT5 and GT6 were released incomplete and with so many shortcomings.But hey: it's not his fault.

he kept saying that GT5 was just a start of his vision... but for God sake, can anyone quote me when he explained his vision? it's been 10 years and I still have no idea what this vision is supposed to be. GT6 is just GT5 with some things fixed... (and a poorer framerate...) ...and missing features.

the only time he alked about something at a vision scale was when he mentioned "human drama"... wothout even explaining what he meant...and noone still knows what he was talking about. The games are out and we still don't see his point.

Now can anyone tell me: 10 years after GT4, WHAT IS KAZ VISION FOR GT ? Where is it in GT5? And where is it in GT6?

the only time he talked about something at a vision scale was when he mentioned "human drama"... without even explaining what he meant...and no-one still knows what he was talking about.
Oh, I wouldn't say that... :sly:

That's not how it works; if you want to make claims about what I apparently said, that's up to you to back them up. If it's something I said, it really shouldn't be too hard to find it.
Wow... are you ever short term memory challenged.

If you consider the idea that a complacent fanbase breeds an equally complacent company producing the product as offensive (italics for emphasis), I don't know what to tell you.
A-hem. ;)

Now, a number of people have gone round and round with you, and a few have even left rather than deal with some of the people and certain staff here with needless and rather frustrating non-discussions. Many of us have tried to enjoy our time here and discuss the good things of GT6. And when we do, what happens? We suffer ridicule. We've discussed all kinds of things here, including how you really can have challenging races with the bots - and dare I say it, lose races! But we get slammed and informed that handicapping ourself isn't how it works. Well, seems to work for us...

There is a distinct divide between two groups here. One side wants to have a good time. One side seems to make it a point to derail any good times. One side looks to the positives of the game, the other can't say anything good about the game, the company, the president, or even us fans. One side is con-structive, one is de-structive. And one side is a lot more fun to hang out with here.

We can try to make this a better place, or not. But I'd say that trying to be a positive member rather than an incessant grinch is a much better thing.

Kaz only need an occidental consultant

Every one of us Occidentals is an ambassador for our kind. Assuming we actually are a "kind", that is; I'm pretty sure there's lots of different ones, nested several layers deep. There's also the small issue of displaced Orientals and Occidentals in their respective opposite territories.

No doubt there are plenty of people complaining in Japan and other parts of the arbitrarily longitudinally positive parts of the world, too, along with a contingent of more relaxed individuals also. As such, be careful about distinguishing them as somehow significantly "other"; "them and us" etc.

People are people, Kaz doesn't need a cultural guide, he needs a psychological one. And then he'll just use it to get what he wants, so be careful what you wish for!

to me gt6 is just kaz saying to us shut the **** up and eat what ever i offer i dont care what you want ... why im saying that ? coz since 2010 we been asking to have better sounds / livery editor / event creator / drag racing ect list goes on very long not to mention the most wanted car gamers want and he didnt even bother so yes its time for him to go i didnt buy this game to drive on the moon or advertise the VG cars / and gt academy i just dont care about at all i want a video game to enjoy as a game

Wow, a number of people have gone round and round with you, and a few have even left rather than deal with some of the people and certain staff here with needless and rather frustrating non-discussions. Many of us have tried to enjoy our time here and discuss the good things of GT6. And when we do, what happens? We suffer ridicule. We've discussed all kinds of things here, including how you really can have challenging races with the bots - and dare I say it, lose races! But we get slammed and informed that handicapping ourself isn't how it works. Well, seems to work for us...

There is a distinct divide between two groups here. One side wants to have a good time. One side seems to make it a point to derail any good times. One side looks to the positives of the game, the other can't say anything good about the game, the company, the president, or even us fans. One side is con-structive, one is de-structive. And one side is a lot more fun to hang out with here.

We can try to make this a better place, or not. But I'd say that trying to be a positive member rather than an incessant grinch is a much better thing.
You like to take subtle digs at Mod's don't you? I happen to think they do a great job of keeping the forum civil. No swearing, generally good grammar, spelling etc. A lot of well informed and passioned debate which is always interesting. I've been slapped down more than once, but I always felt I deserved it for getting a little out of hand.

Your problem is, you can't convince many people that Kaz and the GT series is still the greatest thing since sliced bread and that frustrates you. But I fail to see the ridicule you perceive is heaped upon you, in fact I think you love the attention and it's what keeps you coming back. Otherwise you'd be all over threads like this one, dedicated solely to the greatness of GT6:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

How many posts do you have in there praising GT6? 10? 5? 0?

What you will find in there are a few names that are also highly critical of the series like @VBR, @Th3Juggernaut (petition guy), @wowbaggerBR and even ole' @Johnnypenso. See, they have an open mind and can see both sides of the coin. Whereas you think the bots provide good races once in a while.:lol:

So tell us, why is that thread, dedicated to singing the praises of GT6, not filled with your posts? Why are you here if you think you are suffering abuse, and not there?

Last edited:
It's no coincidence that the series has gone down the pan as Kaz has lost focus and dabbled in more stuff outside of the game. Either cut the strings or stop him from doing these activities and get him to do the job he's paid to do.

Has Jordan reached out to Polyphony about having a presence on the forum?

A sticky at the top of the forum so they can communicate and update the fanbase on a weekly basis needs to happen, it's 2014 FFS, the complete lack of communication is disgusting. Maybe we should all tweet Yoshida? He's a director on the Polyphony board, he needs to do something useful for a change.

I think you love the attention and it's what keeps you coming back. Otherwise you'd be all over threads like this one, dedicated solely to the greatness of GT6:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

How many posts do you have in there praising GT6? 10? 5? 0? <<<ding, ding, ding Yahtzee!!

What you will find in there are a few names that are also highly critical of the series like @VBR, @Th3Juggernaut (petition guy), @wowbaggerBR and even ole' @Johnnypenso. See, they have an open mind and can see both sides of the coin. Whereas you think the bots provide good races once in a while.:lol:

So tell us, why is that thread, dedicated to singing the praises of GT6, not filled with your posts? Why are you here if you think you are suffering abuse, and not there?
Well, excuse me but I have spent some time in GT6, and since I got a little me time, remembered that I bought a few dozen games I haven't played yet and have been thick in it. You're digging me because I missed a thread?? Wow, you are a strange human. ;)

There is a distinct difference between being critical and being a PITA, and there are a lot of them around here. I've been critical of Gran Turismo too, but I don't slather my posts with Molotov. I think I'm much better at seeing BOTH sides of the Gran Turismo coin, and from your post history, I don't think you guys do, because it seems that every post is negative. "Both sides" requires some positives. Or maybe that's just me. ;)

You like to take subtle digs at Mod's don't you? I happen to think they do a great job of keeping the forum civil. No swearing, generally good grammar, spelling etc. A lot of well informed and passioned debate which is always interesting. I've been slapped down more than once, but I always felt I deserved it for getting a little out of hand.

Your problem is, you can't convince many people that Kaz and the GT series is still the greatest thing since sliced bread and that frustrates you. But I fail to see the ridicule you perceive is heaped upon you, in fact I think you love the attention and it's what keeps you coming back. Otherwise you'd be all over threads like this one, dedicated solely to the greatness of GT6:

How many posts do you have in there praising GT6? 10? 5? 0? <<<ding, ding, ding Yahtzee!!

Vocal Minority is a team sport. The silent majority is more of a descriptive term.

You can't really compare posts or likes to a length of silence.

Well, excuse me but I have spent some time in GT6, and since I got a little me time, remembered that I bought a few dozen games I haven't played yet and have been thick in it. You're digging me because I missed a thread?? Wow, you are a strange human. ;)

There is a distinct difference between being critical and being a PITA, and there are a lot of them around here. I've been critical of Gran Turismo too, but I don't slather my posts with Molotov. I think I'm much better at seeing BOTH sides of the Gran Turismo coin, and from your post history, I don't think you guys do, because it seems that every post is negative. "Both sides" requires some positives. Or maybe that's just me. ;)

The thread has been up for 6 weeks, you haven't been absent for 6 weeks. So the question remains, why aren't you posting over there? Why aren't you being positive and proactive and creating all kinds of threads showcasing the greatness of GT6 and Kaz? You can do that you know, the Reviews and Feedback Forum is a great spot for that. Why do you continue to wade into threads full of PITA's, where you get ridiculed and slammed? Why not do something positive for the great and wonderful Kaz and the brilliantly conceived and executed, if slightly flawed [but they'll fix it] GT6? Sort of an anti-Why Kaz Needs to Go? Create your own threads that counter all the negativty. How about it?

I seem to remember some mod saying that PD follows Gtplanet with attention. Seems it's some kind of official canal for them.
GTplanet made a survey back in the days when GT5 was released. The survey was "what would you want to be fixed/added in GT5"? or something like this. LOTS of answers, LOTS of grinds, LOTS of ideas... great tool actually!
Can someone point it here please? Can't find it anymore.
Now that GT6 came out, it would be interesting to see what was fixed and what was not. Especially problems that are still in GT6.

Plus, GTplanet made another survey recently: "What car would you like to see in GT6?"... great job again. very useful tool. Will PD listen? Did PD think we wouldn't like to get Koenigsegg and Lafeerari? I wonder.

Did we get any update from PD? Any aknowledgement? truthfully, and i obviously don't expect any confirmation- being in charge of a GT website when PD communicates so bad, must sometimes feel like working for nothing.

If PD uses Gtplanet to get feedback, why do they never aknowledge anything? Why not coming from time to time to say hello or to keep in touch with us? I am sure Jordan and his mates must sometimes feel really frustrated by the lack of gratitude from PD. They basically do the work PD should be doing!

Would anyone say that PD is close to its fans?

The thread has been up for 6 weeks, you haven't been absent for 6 weeks. So the question remains, why aren't you posting over there? Why aren't you being positive and proactive and creating all kinds of threads showcasing the greatness of GT6 and Kaz? You can do that you know, the Reviews and Feedback Forum is a great spot for that. Why do you continue to wade into threads full of PITA's, where you get ridiculed and slammed? Why not do something positive for the great and wonderful Kaz and the brilliantly conceived and executed, if slightly flawed [but they'll fix it] GT6? Sort of an anti-Why Kaz Needs to Go? Create your own threads that counter all the negativty. How about it?
OH! It's in the subsection! No wonder I missed it. :lol:

In answer to your oh so serious question, I find that I'm wasting enough time on the several boards I'm in, and if I really wanted to be a Gran Turismo cheerleader around here, it would take my entire day. It seems like you can crawl the boards all day, but I have better things to do. Like write, work on music and race virtually. ;)

OH! It's in the subsection! No wonder I missed it. :lol:

In answer to your oh so serious question, I find that I'm wasting enough time on the several boards I'm in, and if I really wanted to be a Gran Turismo cheerleader around here, it would take my entire day. It seems like you can crawl the boards all day, but I have better things to do. Like write, work on music and race virtually. ;)
Another subtle dig, well done:tup: So you have enough time to wander into the negative threads, and make long and involved posts about Kaz and how hard done by he is, and how you are just beaten down on a regular basis for liking him, but not enough time to go into the positive threads or at least make one or two of your own? You don't need an entire day. Just take the energy you put into threads like this and do something positive instead. You know, the thing you want the rest of us to do? Lead by example maybe?

I'm willing to bet PD's having a hard time keeping up with the updates we've been promised is because there's still a few employees dealing with wrapping up GT5's online server, and then there's another bit dealing with developing GT7 for whatever reason. But if they told us what was going on that'd be really nice actually.

Even though considering how nasty GTPlanet's gotten towards PD, I'm frankly not surprised by their lack of communication because they're probably piss scared of us! I would be if I were Kaz too and I knew my game had all these issues, I mean c'mon he's a pro racing driver how can he not know these problems like camber are around?

I hope that once GT5's server kicks the bucket is when GT6's online updates get back up to speed. I think they shouldn't even worry about Gran Turismo 7 until 6 at least gets the content we were told we'd have from day 1. Once they complete 6 is when they should move on to 7. It's just me but I like to finish things before moving on to another thing. I'm not angry with PD at all, I know what they're doing is hard work, and they've never done updates this frequently before they probably aren't used to the tight deadlines they have to meet.

I bet the situation in PD's office is as hectic as things are here in GTPlanet. And who knows, they might be just as frustrated as we are that they can't live up to what they told us. I mean it's gotta hurt them too right? They're human too y'know.

How many posts do you have in there praising GT6? 10? 5? 0?

Trophy unlocked: Fight, and win, hypocrisy :cheers:

Theres are bits to praise but a hell of a lot to mown about. Like the premium cars are a good qaulity, the current tracks are visually good, photomode is useful but online suxs, standards sux and features sux.

Eran-> I am not even going to pretend I know exactly what happens at PD's office. Noone knows...
For some reason, PD decided that Kaz would be the only person talking about GT. He would impersonate GT and be the souls of GT.

I said it and I ll say it again: Kaz deserves all the success he got... but then, when after 10 years and 2 opuse, Gt keeps failing and missing the target, why should we suddenly say it's not Kaz's fault ?

he is the producer and the game director...he even is in Sony's board. He makes the calls. (or maybe you have informations saying otherwise? )but still: it's not his fault!
Plus, he knew PS3 before anyone else, he has more budget than anyone else, and more time than anyone else... but GT5 and GT6 were released incomplete and with so many shortcomings.But hey: it's not his fault.

he kept saying that GT5 was just a start of his vision... but for God sake, can anyone quote me when he explained his vision? it's been 10 years and I still have no idea what this vision is supposed to be. GT6 is just GT5 with some things fixed... (and a poorer framerate...) ...and missing features.

the only time he alked about something at a vision scale was when he mentioned "human drama"... wothout even explaining what he meant...and noone still knows what he was talking about. The games are out and we still don't see his point.

Now can anyone tell me: 10 years after GT4, WHAT IS KAZ VISION FOR GT ? Where is it in GT5? And where is it in GT6?

It would be nice if you could put an @ before my username so I see when you're talking to me.

Already there you're taking it too far. He is the producer (or director or whatever his title is), of course he's going to talk about his products. That doesn't make him "impersonate GT and be the souls of GT".

What fault? That you don't like the game they made? Has it never occured to you that if you don't like the way Gran Turismo is headed, you might want to look around for other games. If Gran Turismo 6 is such a poor game that everyone claims it is, it shouldn't be hard for you to find something better, right?

It's a game, but you're acting as if it's a religion.

@eran0004 -> We are on a GT Forum. I express and EXPLAIN my hard feelings against Kaz if I want to. Looks like some here share my views. You don't. I get it. Stop talking about us "whiners" and start talking about why Kaz should not be replaced. Or just don't post in this thread. You don't HAVE to you know?

You saying that Kaz does not impersonate GT is being dishonest. Plain and simple. I won't even argue on this as I don't even see how anyone can seriously think this.

And FYI, as much as I know GT is just a game, not a religion, I sill wonder why some of you treat Kaz like some kind of unquestionable Messiah.

Edit: Hey! Look what dimangelogtp wrote right under my post ! Funny no?

Last edited:
@eran0004 -> We are on a GT Forum. I express and EXPLAIN my hard feelings against Kaz if I want to. Looks like some here share my views. You don't. I get it. Stop talking about us "whiners" and start talking about why Kaz should not be replaced. Or just don't post in this thread. You don't HAVE to you know?

You saying that Kaz does not impersonate GT is being dishonest. Plain and simple. I won't even argue on this as I don't even see how anyone can seriously think this.

And FYI, as much as I know GT is just a game, not a religion, I sill wonder why some of you treat Kaz like some kind of unquestionable Messiah.
First of all Kaz is GT no Kaz no GT sony doesn't have nothing on PD .

Evolution Studios? You mean guys who made Motorstorm? And Studio Liverpool, Wipeout guys and Formula 1 games... This games were bit of arcadeish in nature. Are you serious about handing over GT series form guy which is motorsports insider to guys who make arcade games?
Their games are a hell of a lot better than PD's.

First of all I can't believe this thread isn't closed yet. Now here is what I have to say: Kaz leaving or getting fired will NOT help anything. If anything it will cause more problems.

Wow... are you ever short term memory challenged.

If you consider the idea that a complacent fanbase breeds an equally complacent company producing the product as offensive (italics for emphasis), I don't know what to tell you.

A-hem. ;)

You really should've just been clearer from the start; if you don't let people know you have a serious problem with reading comprehension, confusion is bound to happen. Now, let's contrast the above quote with the accusations you made of me earlier, that I've asked you to back up:

You're right, nothing has ever been improved in a Gran Turismo game...

Gee, you're right, GT6 is hardly any different from GT1...

Again, tell me where I have said this.

Now, a number of people have gone round and round with you, and a few have even left rather than deal with some of the people and certain staff here with needless and rather frustrating non-discussions.

You keep mentioning this, as if people leaving on account of the discussions not being solely positive is something I should worry about.

Many of us have tried to enjoy our time here and discuss the good things of GT6. And when we do, what happens? We suffer ridicule. We've discussed all kinds of things here, including how you really can have challenging races with the bots - and dare I say it, lose races! But we get slammed and informed that handicapping ourself isn't how it works. Well, seems to work for us...

I just provided video evidence to the contrary on that AI side of the discussion. Unsurprisingly, it goes ignored.

And as @Johnnypenso already pointed out; for all this talk of enjoying your time here, how quaint it is that you make it a habit to pop into threads such as this one to "non-discuss" with those who don't share your viewpoint.

If you insist on looking at the world in only black and white, that's an unsurprising note to end up on. Let's say that you're right - because it's the weekend, who knows, anything's possible - would you say those who "can't say anything good about the game" would regularly host an official GTP podcast (like, say, @Tornado), be incredibly active in the tuning section, sussing out the intricacies of ABS and the camber issue (like, say, @Johnnypenso), or help run regular weekly events in one of the busiest sub-sections, like the Photomode section (like, say, me)?

It's a game, but you're acting as if it's a religion.

It's funny you should say that, but probably not why you might think.

First of all I can't believe this thread isn't closed yet.
I know right? Why are the moderators allowing this thread to go on further, if they don't mind me asking? I remember some of them meeting Kaz before. Saying how kind he was, yet, they allow this thread to stay open and have many people spread hate towards him... I knew they were being sarcastic in the first place, because if they weren't, this thread would have gotten locked days ago.

Guess they don't like Kaz either. They hate him and want him fired just like all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back