Why no New Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter chase94
  • 169 comments
United States
GA
chase94
I just want to know why there hasn't been any new seasonal events for 3 weeks now. I'm getting tired of grinding money on the same tracks over, and over, AND OVER!!!!:ouch:

You're ridiculous. They gave you 2 updates in one week last time. That alone should've made you realize there wasn't gonna one for a while.
Press release about something this small is stupid.

Ya, a press release wouldn't make any sense for something as small as this, we just got to wait it out.

I don't get why people whine and moan when they don't get new seasonal races every week. Then they whine and moan when we get them and they can make 5 million in 10 races in just over 30 minutes grinding one track. Don't get your diapers in a knot..PD will powder your butt soon enough.

Because some need something to moan and whine about. It makes their lives go round.

I figure they gave us two very good updates in one week, and with that they are probably working on a larger update for the game in a whole. So if nothing this week surely something in the form of a large patch soon™!

I think the reason there's no event this week yet is because they hate me, personally. They know how much I need that update. How furious I am if I don't get it. How my entire life falls apart. How the aliens whisper lies when I don't have new events, and make me do things I shouldn't do to the squidbabies.

That's why.

oohclassy_2.jpg

You can't see how he's running over my hopes and dreams. Because I no longer have any until I get new seasonal events. Just because I already got a lot of them recently is not a rational reason to be patient. I know all about being rational because I'm at Waffle House right now.

MM1000
I think the reason there's no event this week yet is because they hate me, personally. They know how much I need that update. How furious I am if I don't get it. How my entire life falls apart. How the aliens whisper lies when I don't have new events, and make me do things I shouldn't do to the squidbabies.

That's why.

You can't see how he's running over my hopes and dreams. Because I no longer have any until I get new seasonal events. Just because I already got a lot of them recently is not a rational reason to be patient. I know all about being rational because I'm at Waffle House right now.

^^ this :lol::lol:lol:

That's why.

LMAO! 👍:) Quality!

I don't get why people whine and moan when they don't get new seasonal races every week.
Because I need something new and interesting to do besides grinding the same tracks for money I don't even need anymore. This game is starting to feel distinctly long in the tooth. I used to get home and get racing, now I just faff about upgrading family runabouts to the max just to clear enough space in my account for the 500k I'll win next time I race an old seasonal or the million or so I'll win if I somehow manage to ace Suzuka or Nurburgring on the Vettel Challenge. Other than that, the only things left to do are the 24 hour races and I just don't think I hate myself enough to even go there, 4 hours a day, every day for the best part of a week at the same track in the same car.

Last edited:
You're ridiculous. They gave you 2 updates in one week last time. That alone should've made you realize there wasn't gonna one for a while.
Press release about something this small is stupid.

I think they gave us the second update that week because everyone freaked out about the glitch in the time trial, then the removal of said time trial, resulting in them posting the next weeks update a few days early. Theres also no reason why they couldnt post a small info message on the main page explaining the delay in updates. "PD will be busy moving personell and hardware, updates will resume in a week or two". I dont think thats the reason but thats just my opinion.
Also, because a guy gets on here and bitches a little about not getting an update is no reason to gang up on the guy and start a whole rant about all the "whining and crying" that goes on in the forums. Not everyone is happy endlessly grinding the same track to pad their ficticious bank accounts. Some of us would like to just drive cars in new races and challenges, and thats fine. I still remember those that were crying when the races werent paying so much, I cant imagine the ****storm of whining and crying that would come if they ended all the current seasonals and we just had races with prizes of $50k or less. Now lets see how happy you would be grinding up 10mil to buy that supercar and how quickly you would be on here "whining and crying" about payouts again.
Someone wants to get on here and bitch a little, do us all a favor and let em blow off some steam. If they get out of hand then by all means, flame away.

Because I need something new and interesting to do besides grinding the same tracks for money I don't even need anymore. This game is starting to feel distinctly long in the tooth. I used to get home and get racing, now I just faff about upgrading family runabouts to the max just to clear enough space in my account for the 500k I'll win next time I race an old seasonal or the million or so I'll win if I somehow manage to ace Suzuka or Nurburgring on the Vettel Challenge. Other than that, the only things left to do are the 24 hour races and I just don't think I hate myself enough to even go there, 4 hours a day, every day for the best part of a week at the same track in the same car.

Well, it sounds like you should play a different game. I like GT5 quite a bit, but I'll play lots of other games. When you feel like racing cars again, fire up GT5 and race online, go for a better time in an event you've done before, or earn enough money for a car you don't have yet. If you don't actually WANT to do any of those things anymore, it's a good time to throw in Demon's Souls or Warhawk or Uncharted.

Of course you'll get really tired of this game if you just exhaust it utterly.

If I were you my friend, I'd get into league or start doing low-mid pp range racing online. That stuff is what keeps me loving this game! :D

Why don't you just stop playing it then, if it's such toture? What'll you have to say when they take the opportunity to quickly earn "a million or so" away & you have to go back to grinding for 100k a (5 lap) race?

@ MM1000 - Bwaaaahahahah!!! Classic! :lol: :bowdown:

@MM1000 great joke, the pic got me thinkin why no model T or quadracycle seasonals (if they had some)... Or early nascar with the 30s coupes and sedans on daytona beach, that would free a lot of other people's boredom, but then again I bet a lot of people are afraid of sunlight who would get bored with the old car phase and the cycle starts all over

IT'S A CYCLE!!!!!! New seasonal- grind it- get bored with it- complain- new seasonal

^ I don't see the word sunlight in that cycle, do you?

Some people just feel like whinin to someone they don't know over the internet

It's because i'm 33 a family man and only get a couple of hours a week to play on my PS3!!!.
This week my wife has taken the kids away with her to see her Mum I've told her work wouldn't let me have the time off and I've booked a couple of days off work just to play GT.
I guess no seasonal is payback !!!!!

Why no new seasonal events?

A good question, and one we may never know the answer to!
They bring them out on regular intervals, people get into a routine and when that routine changes, its panic time. I'm just glad the ferrari at le mans is available.

After reading the thread title I couldn't help myself

polyphonyyunoseasonals0.jpg

:lol: I think they might be working on a patch. (or rather I hope.)

It's because i'm 33 a family man and only get a couple of hours a week to play on my PS3!!!.
This week my wife has taken the kids away with her to see her Mum I've told her work wouldn't let me have the time off and I've booked a couple of days off work just to play GT.
I guess no seasonal is payback !!!!!

I can sympathise a lot with this. Although not being able to play everyday does mean that there are still plenty of existing seasonals to have a go at.

I hope your missus doesn't get a peak at that post. :scared: Perhaps you should start the thread 'GT5 made me lie! How about you?'. :lol:

I think they gave us the second update that week because everyone freaked out about the glitch in the time trial, then the removal of said time trial, resulting in them posting the next weeks update a few days early. Theres also no reason why they couldnt post a small info message on the main page explaining the delay in updates. "PD will be busy moving personell and hardware, updates will resume in a week or two". I dont think thats the reason but thats just my opinion.
Also, because a guy gets on here and bitches a little about not getting an update is no reason to gang up on the guy and start a whole rant about all the "whining and crying" that goes on in the forums. Not everyone is happy endlessly grinding the same track to pad their ficticious bank accounts. Some of us would like to just drive cars in new races and challenges, and thats fine. I still remember those that were crying when the races werent paying so much, I cant imagine the ****storm of whining and crying that would come if they ended all the current seasonals and we just had races with prizes of $50k or less. Now lets see how happy you would be grinding up 10mil to buy that supercar and how quickly you would be on here "whining and crying" about payouts again.
Someone wants to get on here and bitch a little, do us all a favor and let em blow off some steam. If they get out of hand then by all means, flame away.

👍

Back