Why no New Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter chase94
  • 169 comments
Oh my god it's annoying reading these forums sometimes.

👍

on a side note i can't help but laugh at this quote from Kaz in the above link: -

Now it's released we're going to have several million people who'll become citizens of Gran Turismo. From here on we have to listen to their voice and see what they want and change the game accordingly to match their needs.

To those who want new seasonals, I feel your pain. But you can't always get what you want. Though I was expecting at least a minor OCD refresh. I understand why we didn't get anything new this week. Only time will tell when we get something new in GT5. :indiff:

Its obvious some of the readers of the posts are ***** to be polite about it.

I apparently am now an apologist for PD. Aswell as makin up loads of stuff - nice one!!

Moot - this one is for you in language (particularly the English language) intent is implied not always stated you mug - ha ha that feels good lol. I give up as ppl are being childish little bores about it and spitting out there dummies - so I refer to all my earlier posts as a reference.

Possibly because they are under no obligation to provide this extra content, yet continue to do so at their own cost and people then moan when they don't get their new, free content. Honestly, some people acxt like PD have come into their house at Christmas and pissed on their presents.

This needs to be quoted a few thousand times til everyone understands. I hope the complainers get NO MORE FREE seasonals.

Was sitting here thinking about this earlier and honestly, PD please don't give us anymore seasonals or OCD updates. There's too many ungrateful fools who complain about the fact they're not getting free content weekly according to a rough timetable that PD has no obligation to actually commit to.

This needs to be quoted a few thousand times til everyone understands. I hope the complainers get NO MORE FREE seasonals.

What if you don't celebrate Christmas? Rotflmao

Mitch hits the proverbial nail on the head. Bitchers don't deserve a damn thing be it free or otherwise. There is simply no pleasing some individuals. To be quite honest I play the hell out of GT5 when I put it in the black box but it isn't a grind yet. It never was. I put this phenomena partly down to the short attention spans and the pervasive COD hacker mentality of modern online gameplayer (who like to be elite players without doing all the hard work). What happened to achievement? The rest of the problem is being young 'uns no patience - everything has to be right now - they never had to wait for anything in their lives?

Unfortunately its filtering into all areas of the virtual world. You can't go on a forum without unleashing a vitriolic attack from someone you have sleighted (consciously or not) and so on...

The playground was simpler...my dads bigger than your dad... yeah but I got 2 big brothers lol.

Oh well

Hopefully they started another whiney thread ha ha.

Last edited:
the complainers must not have been around during the time before internet-connected consoles or something. That's the only reason I can think of. Bunch of young kids.

"nowhere in that release is there the word promise or any other for that matter that forcefully obligates PD to release updates each week. "

No, it's not an enforceable contract. Just a clear message they will update the seasonals once a week, so carefully deleted that I didn't believe the people telling me that promise had been made.

They gave their word. They aren't living by their word. It's that simple. I don't really thing this is a very serious matter, but I won't believe the things they tell me in the future. I'm not demanding a lawsuit or tarring and feathering them, but I said I didn't believe PD had ever said they would update the events every week, and I was wrong.

It's only honorable that I admit it. Not sure why that upsets you.

Possibly because they are under no obligation to provide this extra content, yet continue to do so at their own cost and people then moan when they don't get their new, free content. Honestly, some people acxt like PD have come into their house at Christmas and pissed on their presents.

You're wrong.

After Polyphony promised weekly updates to seasonals, they have sold tens of millions of units of their game. People have provided PD revenue.

It's not really 'free'. Gran Turismo 5 wasn't free. It is free to those who bought the game before the seasonals, but as soon as they promised the updates, everyone who heard that promise and gave PD their hard earned money has a justifiable complaint that they aren't getting what they were promised.

You and a few other trolls like flaming chariot refuse to have a civil conversation about this. I see people screaming about vomit and piss and hopes that people are denied any future content out of spite. It's unbelievably childish.

Someone proved I was mistaken to say PD never promised weekly updates to the seasonals. It's just a fact. PD appears to have even removed their promise from their news feeds. That's unfortunate, and I hope they fix whatever the problem is. They shouldn't have told future customers that if they buy GT5 they are paying for seasonal events every week if they didn't intend to follow through.

Scream at me all you like. You and Chariot are saying more about yourselves than me when you act like that.

btw, I love GT5. I think it was worth $60 without any additional updates.

It's sad that some people take their appreciation for games too far. I don't know what it is, but major game franchises and consoles attract zealots who get furious if you criticize Sony or Microsoft or a developer. I criticized Bethesda's tendency to leave bugs in games recently and it was amazing how similar the reaction there was to the reaction here.

Screaming that you hope the developer produces lesser content just to spite the honest complainer is really stupid. Just like the comments here, a Bethesda fanboy said they hope the next game I buy from them is full of bugs because I deserve it... since I complained. I want PD to succeed. I want GT5 to be as good as possible.

Since they did say they would be adding new events ever week, they really should endeavor to get on track with that. I'm not freaking out or being rude about this. I just think people should do what they say they will. It's for their own good. I don't see what's so controversial about saying that.

The only real controversy was the debate over whether the promise was made. I said I didn't believe it had, and I was proven wrong. That's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 posts to put that point across? Use the edit button, its free content.

And it is free content that we've been getting in the fact that it's an extra on top of the game. Did you buy the game thinking you were paying for seasonals and a OCD? I didn't and it'd be the minority that did think that's what they were paying for. I'm happy to wait for new seasonals and OCD, it's not breaking my balls not having the new content.

It would hardly break anybody's balls to stick up a one line news post - Next seasonal update will not be until X - due to Y.

People are more hacked off about not knowing, it's worse than the London Underground.

It would hardly break anybody's balls to stick up a one line news post - Next seasonal update will not be until X - due to Y.

People are more hacked off about not knowing, it's worse than the London Underground.

👍

why does it bother people? Is there not enough content in GT5 to busy yourselves with that you must complain here? Pick up the controller or wheel and drive one of the 900 cars you haven't given a chance.

Well it's just impolite that's all.
If you generally meet up with your mates at the pub every Wednesday at 8-9pm, it's only good manners to send a text if for some reason you can't make it.
And that's almost the exact level of effort it would take to keep the community informed, which makes the silence all the more baffling and inexcusable.

so what if they told you they were DONE with seasonals? Would you be more upset than you are now in the dark? You shouldn't be. There's enough in GT5 to hold me over til GT6.

We should all know how odd-numbered GT's suck compared to the even-numbered ones. 2>1 4>3 6>5

Forget what they have to do; it's called common courtesy and is sorely lacking in today's world. Character is not based on what you have to do or are forced to do; it's what you choose to do when you don't have to.

why does it bother people? Is there not enough content in GT5 to busy yourselves with that you must complain here? Pick up the controller or wheel and drive one of the 900 cars you haven't given a chance.
Why does it bother you that people want to discuss it? Is there not enough content in GT5 to busy yourself with that you must complain about posts on here? Etc...

Couldn't resist the irony

Just to add, if they said "seasonals end today" I'd be fine with it as they would have informed us of something. People keep missing the point that the lack of communication is the problem.

Last edited:
slick1ru2
Spend some time with your girlfriend. 👍

I've been with her 14 years and very happy!
I normally play about 2-3 hrs a week I managed about 22 hrs while they were away and still not bored, new Seasonals a bonus Online play great !!!!

Back