why only in japan?!

• Thread starter Cosmic
  • 10 comments
from what i understand the game got recalled because of problems with the new steering wheel.

here is a quote from GAMESPOT.

"According to the company’s news release, gamers using two models of Logicool steering wheels have experienced two problems: first, the accelerator doesn’t go to 100 percent, and second, after turning, the wheel cannot be returned to center (turning the controller wheel doesn’t affect the onscreen steering). Sony has invited gamers experiencing this problem to mail in their game discs for a replacement.

Logicool is the Japanese name for peripheral maker Logitech and the affected products are the GT Force and the GT Force Pro aftermarket steering wheels for the PS2. SCEJ is treating this issue as a software problem, so there is no indication at this point that these wheels will have problems with other games, or that U.S. market Logitech products will be affected. Moreover, SCEJ’s news release confirms that this bug does not affect standard Dual shock controllers.

Currently, there are no plans to release Gran Turismo 4: Prologue Edition in North America. The full version of the game is due out in April 2004. "

here is a quote from GAMEINFORMER

"Sony Computer Entertainment Japan announced today that they are recalling copies of their just released title Gran Turismo 4 "Prologue" due to some issues regarding the game's performance when using certain models of Logitech's racing wheel.

One of the bugs only allows games to reach a maximum of 99.6% of their top speed, while the other glitch causes the racing wheel to fail to recenter itself due to a fault in the game's force feedback programming.

For those of you who imported the game and are having problems using a Logitech wheel, you may just have to suck it up and made do. Japanese gamers, however, can return their discs to Sony and get a replacement that has the glitches corrected."

here is a quote from PSX EXTREME

"Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has announced a disc exchange for customers affected by controller bugs in the Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, which is currently on sale in Japan and fine import shopes everywhere.
The company has said in a press release that gamers using two models of Logicool (Logitech over here)steering wheels have experienced two problems: first, the accelerator doesn’t go to 100 percent, and second, after turning, the wheel cannot be returned to center (turning the controller wheel doesn’t affect the onscreen steering). Sony has asked gamers experiencing this problem to mail in their game discs for a replacement.

Given how closely the GT4 creators work with the people at Logitech, it's surprising that such major issues exist. Certainly this problem will be cleared up for the final relase, but check back here for any more big GT4 news."

uhm....:odd:

that doesnt explain why Gran Turismo 4 prologue wasnt sent to NA or EU... or does it?...

all it is talking about is the steering wheel bug

GMR magazine did an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi. To quote him answering the question about why the US market never saw either GT Concepts and Prologue:

"Speaking so far, GT1, 2 and 3 have come. At that point, we decided that we didn't want to distract the market by releasing a nonmainstream title in terms of the Gran Turismo franchise. We believe that the U.S. market, it's better to release the full-scale games."

Originally posted by Cosmic
I wounder why the prologue realesed only in japan?
Why not in Europa or north/southamerica?!
Only in Japan ?? No. GT4 Prologue is available in Japan, Korea as well as in China. Basically, not only Japanese, but most of Asian gets it.

I think it makes sense that asia gets the stuff first cause its made there, but they are losing out on a big ass market in the rest of the world

but if you think about it, either they just wanted a simple demo for asians to enjoy or they wanted european and american fans to still buy but also get a mod chip. I think that bottom line, PD is in cahoots with the mod chip producers!!

I've been a part of various communities for a long time now...the thing that kinda scares me is that, as much as I've seen and read, he may really believe that statement. And if he is just joking, oddly enough, it seems like people out there may believe something to that effect. :lol:

Back