Why only SSR7 have wet road reflections ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 10 comments
  • 890 views
Messages
1,240
Italy
Italy
Special-Stage-Route-7.jpg


Guess that's how it suppose to look on all other tracks but why it does not ? Instead we get black holes that swallows the light. :confused:
 
I can't find a good reason but I'm sure for one thing... The SSR7 is damn awesome with the rain road reflections!
 
Probably because the lighting is static, always night. Everything is pre-baked.
 
This was something that annoyed me as soon as GT5 came out, same story in that game. I think it's down to not having enough processing power to render the reflection mapping on higher res tracks. SSR7 doesn't have an awful lot to it, so I'm guessing they have enough power over to render the reflections there.
 
VBR
This was something that annoyed me as soon as GT5 came out, same story in that game. I think it's down to not having enough processing power to render the reflection mapping on higher res tracks. SSR7 doesn't have an awful lot to it, so I'm guessing they have enough power over to render the reflections there.

Exactly, once you look behind the walls... Emptiness! :lol: Also, that track really is just one road in both directions.
 
I think this is a similar case to that of Tsukuba Wet in GT4 and SSR5 wet in GT3 (Surprisingly, Gen III SSR5 has no dynamic weather).

Perhaps it's because SSR7 has no dynamic time (Or stars as I now realize)? If this was the case though, Gen III High Speed Ring, Eiger Road and Tsukuba Weather Change would be the same situation with reflections, and they're not. Hmmmmm....
 
I think this is a similar case to that of Tsukuba Wet in GT4 and SSR5 wet in GT3 (Surprisingly, Gen III SSR5 has no dynamic weather).

Perhaps it's because SSR7 has no dynamic time (Or stars as I now realize)? If this was the case though, Gen III High Speed Ring, Eiger Road and Tsukuba Weather Change would be the same situation with reflections, and they're not. Hmmmmm....

Worth pointing out that GT4 had car reflections at Tsukuba in the wet. Amazing, especially for a PS2 game! 👍
 
Worth pointing out that GT4 had car reflections at Tsukuba in the wet. Amazing, especially for a PS2 game! 👍
This was probably because all they had was standard cars, only one track in the entire game had these effects and you could only race two cars there at a time, one if that was the Caterham. Spray wasn't as detailed as it is now either.

Now we have changing weather characteristics, alongside the passage of time, and many more cars allowed on the course with much more detail overall. The PS4 might see the return of these reflections
 
Back