Why such hostility towards PD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brandon6i
  • 142 comments
  • 7,862 views
Yep, for kids it would be a lot. Do you fit in that category? If not, then can the eternal belly-ache.

We know there are issues, and nobody is trying to stifle legitimate complaints. Do it constructively, without the stupidly dramatic torches and pitchforks.

And for crying out loud, do it without repeating yourself every flippin' thread, like this overly dramatic comparison to a car with brake problems (and the potential fatalities involved there). These attempts to inflate the severity of issues in a stupid game to the level of potentially fatal flaws is utterly self-important nonsense. Analogous? Maybe, to a degree. Comparable? Err, not even close.

It's a game. It's 60 dollars. If you hate it, sell it, and recover 50 of those dollars -- you'll be out a whopping 10 bucks, a true financial disaster. But for God's sake, quit stamping your feet like a kid having a tantrum. Get a hold of yourself, get a little perspective, and act like an adult.
 
For me, there are only really a couple of flaws.

Firstly, I think A-Spec should have been significantly more in depth and B-Spec should have been scrapped. I know, I know it's not mandatory to do B-Spec but for me, it's a waste of resources. Many championships in A-Spec are simply 1 or 2 race events and for someone like me who plays offline, the new seasonal events are irrelevant.

Secondly, the disparity between standards/premiums but for me, the standards look a lot better than I thought they would.

Maybe thirdly: a little more in the way of truly rare and exotic manufacturers e.g. Wiesmann, Koenigsegg, Noble, new RUFs, Ascari etc.
 
Its not like they physically slapped you in the face. We've all played games that were overhyped and/or unfinished upon release but you can't give them credit for at least trying to reach their goals after release? While in the meantime you're blasting them for things you don't understand, or know the full story about? (Car licensing issues, outside pressure to release the game, anything Sony may have nixed or demanded, just to name a few) Kaz stated it would be a work in progress, so it shouldn't be a surprise if some things are quirky.

To me its obvious that they're taking a new direction with this game, and I'd like to see where the finish line is, so to speak, before I stamp this game with a failing grade.

Please keep this thread civilized and constructive. My questions are genuine and in no way meant to be offensive. Speaking from your heart is welcome, just please use the fire extinguisher on your way in. ;)

its because i probably hit level 40 in six years when gt6 comes out!!!!!!!!!
and they are taking away things that i liked in the game,...like now with remote racing prices decreased by half and the sending cars restriction.
send only one car from one ps3.
don't they realize that whole families playing this game on one ps3.

its like Japanese censure ship,....leave it in japan!! this is the free world.
 
Ugh, this is ridicolous.
Why do all the people who dislike the game have to try and discourage and rant to the people who are currently enjoying it.
Leave us be, when I don't like a game I don't play it or I just trade it in for cash. I don't care how much of a GT fan you were and then how the game broke your heart or whatever just stop.

This is section of the forum is for people to discuss about GT5 and things.
Discuss does not equal whine or moan.
Some of you try to post in a mature manner but either way its still a form of whining. Just leave the forum and go post somewhere else where people like to talk about how GT5 sucks. This isn't a COD forum or a WOW forum.

I liked GTP, it seemed like a forum which you could have good discussions and share and suggest ideas. There were people ranting about the game before but not as bad as it is now. There's even people posting in threads which have nothing to do about how GT5 is good or bad and then saying stuff like "What did you expect? GT5 sucks".

Get lost and find another game which suits your tastes. Geez.
 
Sorry, but you can't tell people to leave. There is no rule on this forum that you musn't talk in a negative way about Gran Turismo. As long as people don't post offtopic and don't breach the AUP, they can say what they want about GT5. Whether you like to read it or not is a different matter, but you don't have any basis to tell these people to go away.

I have moved on and I still post here. Nothing wrong with that.
 
Sorry, but you can't tell people to leave. There is no rule on this forum that you musn't talk in a negative way about Gran Turismo. As long as people don't post offtopic and don't breach the AUP, they can say what they want about GT5. Whether you like to read it or not is a different matter, but you don't have any basis to tell these people to go away.

I have moved on and I still post here. Nothing wrong with that.
So you're saying 'Hi Jacking' threads is cool?
You're saying making tons and tons of theads with the same point is cool?
You're saying when people ask if they should get the game and then some whiner walks in and starts a big rant thats cool?

Yeah thats cool bruh.
 
You obviously didn't read what I just posted.
 
Does anybody remember who said that the last delay was to make the GT5 driving experience "perfect", and that the game would "exceed expectations"? GT5 has been hugely hyped up by PD/Sony, how could anybody who enjoyed previous games in the series say that it's all players' fault for their disappointment because they expected too much?

^ Exactly my thought... PD strive for perfection, hype up the game to everyone and then make a huge mess of it. If they would simply take the time to communicate to the masses they wouldnt run into problems like they have recently. Path 1.07 was unannounced and that was a mistake, also a mistake theyve temporarily corrected. Still, if a company shouts that they are only after perfection then you can certainly expect people to whine and complain when that level of development is no where to be seen.
 
My point is: stop playing the game if you don't like it. Ans stop complaining.

thats just nonsense ranting!!

thats so pointless to say after i paid 60 euro.
i've done all gt games so i know what i like!!
and i liked some futures they added and then take away!!
i actually liked bspec remote but its not rewarding enough anymore.
 
People need to learn to differentiate between

I don't want to read what you post!

and

I don't want you to post that!

Two entirely different pairs of shoes, that. I understand the frustration on both sides, but most of the bickering is generated by reactions and counter-reactions.

Some people like the game, some don't. Both groups want to talk about it, but both don't want to hear what the other has to say (in many cases anyway). That's just the way it is, we all have to live with that.
 
On behalf of these 'kids' as you so lightly label them, you should take this argument to that guy who got a Toyota's accelerator stuck on the highway. He probably just paid a few 'thousand' dollars and a mortgage and debt to get that car. But hey, why bother the Toyota loyalists yeah?

For that guy, a few thousand dollars was quite a lot. For kids, 60 dollars can be a lot.

First off, relevence? Secondly, that guy was probably just mashing the throttle as the investigation turned up on the side of Toyota.
 
First off, relevence? Secondly, that guy was probably just mashing the throttle as the investigation turned up on the side of Toyota.

Yeah Toyota just recalled millions of their cars because some guy mashed the throttle on his vehicle.

And relevance you say? About as relevant as saying someone should make their own video game because they dont like GT5.
 
Yeah Toyota just recalled millions of their cars because some guy mashed the throttle on his vehicle.

And relevance you say? About as relevant as saying someone should make their own video game because they dont like GT5.

The floormat was the cause in one car. The rest were either hoaxes (one case) or improper driving combined with media sensationalism. See Audi's problems from a few decades ago.

Nice work on posting irrelevant arguments and admitting though.
 
I'll agree that PD should have a direct connection to their fanbase, rather than having spies and ninjas penetrate these forums. ;) (I kid, I kid... at least about the spies part. Ninjas are cool.)

PD has always put out amazing titles... but this has started out a little more on the rough side of things. I'm still not entirely sold on this as being the game that Kaz has intended, as we continue seeing glimpses of what was promised trickling in with each update. Some of the more investigative members have seen things that are not yet implemented into our version of the game. I feel that PD has more going on than we realize, and given time, we'll see it.

To say that grinding is a bad idea, have you ever played Spyhunter? :p That game had 8 or 10 missions that took an entire afternoon to complete, and that was all the game offered. This game has longevity, it just may take some imagination (until further implementations) to keep your attention.

I thank you for keeping this thread civilized.
 
Well I guess is an childish problem,since most of the users don't known the difficulty and the work required to make a game they just expect the best of with 5 years of development(which are actually 4 if you count GTPSP and some other development with a staff composed by 120 employees),personally I view this as childish rant about the whole racing game gender, except for the quality of the standards cars and the lack of livery,most rants focus on that,other rants focus more on individual requests which are unsolvable for developers in Japan.

Other aspect of this is the constant comparable with games like FM3,game that is obviously more west based,and therefore more popular with the local market.

Apart from this is just a policy of constant trolling and childish posts(but I should point out that this is present on the PD favour position as well),adding to this the constant monkey-see-monkey-do human condition on the agreement in an apparent logical but "versed" post or opinion,which lead into more bitching about.

Sometimes the whole "win" and "internet fight" is indeed interesting for forum readers,but at the end they don't add anything that could be worth,just pointless ague about meaningless topics,and when it comes to a series topic like standards vs premium or FM3 vs GT5 it all goes down into and childish fight.

So,many people see PD as a fairy-godfather or something(not like Vitto Corleone with magic powers obviously),people have to remember that they perform a job under technical and logistical limitations and that the 4 years time frame for a video game of that scale and quality is very difficult to achieve,specially on budget and with all other aspects going on(marketing,budgets,etc...which they have to manage too).

For me,the forums reach some level where you see mostly childish threads which makes the forums more uninteresting,like a playground full of kids an not an actually opinion discussion forums about Gran Turismo,which is what I believe Jordan wanted in the first place.
 
I can offer my thoughts on hostility towards PD. They obviously have too much time on their hands as the game is perfect as it is (sarcasm) so find ways to upset a number of players (and in the process put off future buyers of GT6 and and if it appears, paid content for GT5).

Why do I say this? I was running the C4 WRC at Monza to try to get something to fall off to get the Trophy. On the straight, as the car approached the rev limit, the engine sound was distorting (I have been using the DTS sound setting). This has been in the game since it was originally released. Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't getting the game right be something of a high prioirity?
 
If PD never develop Gt5 then no one would be hostile toward them. Its the same with people who make mistakes are those who actually do something. I've seen those who turn hostile toward other developers as well when games doesn't turn out what they expected.
 
it's not that those who make mistakes are those who actually do something.

it's that PD keeps making the same mistakes and also ignores what the players actually want out of their product.

they can't find a compromise between their dream of the ultimate racing game and hardware limitations.
 
it's not that those who make mistakes are those who actually do something.

it's that PD keeps making the same mistakes and also ignores what the players actually want out of their product.

they can't find a compromise between their dream of the ultimate racing game and hardware limitations.
I disagree.

I get exactly what i want from their product.

I think they do an excellent job trying to build a high quality product on a limited platform.
 
It's only a game. I love it even with some of the issues. Some people really just complain too much. If it's that bad, just quit the game and play something else. :)
 
Back