Why such hostility towards PD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brandon6i
  • 142 comments
  • 7,862 views
Does anybody remember who said that the last delay was to make the GT5 driving experience "perfect", and that the game would "exceed expectations"? GT5 has been hugely hyped up by PD/Sony, how could anybody who enjoyed previous games in the series say that it's all players' fault for their disappointment because they expected too much?

I agree that they did said that....

I expected that all premium production cars would get as much as aerodynamic parts but most of them only gets rear wing spoiler just like standard cars....

When I knew that Race Modification exist in the game....I expected for total RM cars to be at least around 50 even though there are 200+ premium, they only gave us 17....

they did failed to give us the PERFECT experience and EXCEED our expectations

maybe the "exceed of expectation" that they are talking about is the max resolution you can have in photo mode???
 
Whats the big deal in having to wait a few minutes to update a game?

I understand when people say "i dont like buying a new game, and not having it be complete until 6 months from now." But at least they are trying to do something about it.

Once they get the major kinks out, i bet all the GT fans will be rejoicing because PD will be releasing more "add-on" content and less bug fixing.
 
I don't agree with the aggressive posts, requiring, demanding, saying they must do this, they must do that to make the game good...

Just because you bought it doesn't mean you have the right to complain... or better, you have the right, but your right doesn't imply you can diminish a beautiful hard work they've done. Tell me another game as big as GT5? With "only" 200 premium cars... with only 9 x 5 = 45 events, with only everything but flying...

The game is awesome, and of course as everything in life, will get better with some rounded edges. And think about what they have done with our feedback! They are doing what we ask... they are listening...

Want a comparison? Go go the Codemasters forum and tell something bad about F1 2010. You are banned in 1 second! They got all the complains, all the feedback, and release a note saying they will implement the changes in F1 2011... they release one ridiculous patch, and that's it, told us to go ... ourselves.

PD might had some rushed to release GT5 by Sony's demands, but they are polishing and make our dreams come true. Stop complain and go race buddys!

They made an E3 presentation that you'll get NASCAR and WRC in the game...but no, in reality you'll find out that when you play your copy you'll get NASCAR CARS, and WRC CARS....and wait for it......at the back of your copy (box) you'll read there complete racing experience. So I really think consumers have the right to complain because what's said there is a complete lie....

And what you said there, the 200 premium cars and 45 events....those are just by the papers....when you feel the execution of those 200 premium cars and 45 events in the game, it actually feels average....

they're doing what we ask? we didn't ask for the c-spec that Kaz is talking about....
 
Toyota released a bunch of cars that had to be recalled because the gas pedals stuck and several people got killed. But that's not a reason to blame Toyota

I'm guessing you didn't follow this story much.
I generally agree with GT5 needing more work, but that was a pretty terrible analogy.

It was shown several times to be drive failure and media sensationalism, not manufacturer problems. There was one (singular) case of floor mats pinning the throttle.

So....GTs problems are all user error?


I don't agree with the aggressive posts, requiring, demanding, saying they must do this, they must do that to make the game good...

Just because you bought it doesn't mean you have the right to complain... or better, you have the right, but your right doesn't imply you can diminish a beautiful hard work they've done. Tell me another game as big as GT5? With "only" 200 premium cars... with only 9 x 5 = 45 events, with only everything but flying...

The game is awesome, and of course as everything in life, will get better with some rounded edges. And think about what they have done with our feedback! They are doing what we ask... they are listening...

Want a comparison? Go go the Codemasters forum and tell something bad about F1 2010. You are banned in 1 second! They got all the complains, all the feedback, and release a note saying they will implement the changes in F1 2011... they release one ridiculous patch, and that's it, told us to go ... ourselves.

PD might had some rushed to release GT5 by Sony's demands, but they are polishing and make our dreams come true. Stop complain and go race buddys!

Yes, it does give us the right to complain. To say otherwise is baffling.

F1 2010 may have more bugs than GT5, but it feels like complete, cohesive game. GT5 doesn't feel finished.
 
It's amazing how many minor things get treated like the end of the world. A phenomenon known only to GT5. 'Too many standard cars'... Yes. There are too many cars in my driving game. I wish every complaint would be backed up with an example of another console game doing it better.

GT5 is the best driving simulation that I have driven on a console. The real driving simulator, it's what it says on the box. I still hate it though because I can't change the rims on my citroen 2CV /sarcasm.

I find myself asking myself why I bother to reply to the nonsense. It's because I miss GTP. Back in the prologue days the community was fantastic, with many different ideas, opinions and race events. Now I hardly visit, X1 trading, complaining, what do you want in the next patch (which might not exist), I traded in my PS3 because of GT5. It's very difficult to find anything worth reading.

I suppose I'll just go back to my grinding simulator, having fast close races online with an excellent mature community. I'll come back to GTP when the community stops attacking each other.

Respectfully, Spiran.
 
I can tell you going back to the Flight Simulator part that my pc was way below the PS3 specs but yet could handle it no problem without hardly loosing anything of the game, the limitations for me are PD made the game way to asthetically pleasing to the eye and caused they're own limitations with lots of extra stuff that simply isnt needed imo anyway Car Wash, Museum Cards, 20 models of the same car from the same year to name a few, I want a few different Miata's and Skyline but not 5 that differ because of a (J) or (NA) after it :)
 
I paid for a game thinking it was going to be worth the money....

It wasn't.

Not only that, they continued to make it worse by restricting every aspect of it and turning it into the driving version of world of warcraft. (Like WoW because of the grinding)

I wanna play this game to the full online and in my own time, I don't wanna waste half my life grinding to get one car.
 
I paid for a game thinking it was going to be worth the money....

It wasn't.

Not only that, they continued to make it worse by restricting every aspect of it and turning it into the driving version of world of warcraft. (Like WoW because of the grinding)

I wanna play this game to the full online and in my own time, I don't wanna waste half my life grinding to get one car.

I'm sorry you had to experience not getting your moneys worth for the first time. Just don't buy another product from PD.

They restricted trading, what else have they restricted?

I believe it's more like the driving 'Call of Duty'. I drive online, something I really enjoy, but they give me credits and XP to make it more rewarding. I'm not grinding, I'm playing a video game. I don't get the 'full online' with Call of duty straight away, I could spend 'half my life' getting prestige 10, or spending time earning more weapons to play online with. I haven't heard many people complaining about unlocks.

I've played the game for about 40 hours and I have 600+ legitimate cars, including many of the high value cars. I believe it lengthens the gameplay value, I always have something more to look forward to, always have something to do in GT5. If I had all the cars in the game at 10 hours in. I'd feel like I didn't get my moneys worth, the fact I'm still being rewarded three months later is a good thing in my eyes.
 
I find myself asking myself why I bother to reply to the nonsense. It's because I miss GTP. Back in the prologue days the community was fantastic, with many different ideas, opinions and race events. Now I hardly visit, X1 trading, complaining, what do you want in the next patch (which might not exist), I traded in my PS3 because of GT5. It's very difficult to find anything worth reading.
Exactly my thoughts.


maybe the "exceed of expectation" that they are talking about is the max resolution you can have in photo mode???
Or maybe the driving model, the best in console by far.
 
"We've all played games that were overhyped and/or unfinished upon release but you can't give them credit for at least trying to reach their goals after release?"

I think we can definitely give them credit for trying to reach their goals. Unfortunately, their goals seem to be out of sync with the what their customers want. One rep from PD visiting this forum on a regular basis and taking input from customers could change all that for the better. The ball is in PDs court, what will they do with it ...
 
A company that did false advertising, that gave us an unfinished product, that used us as beta testers, that insists in making their customers angry with stubborn "school teacher giving lessons" patches, that is obsessed with accomplishing irrelevant and absurd things (mimesis anyone?), without yet correcting the basics, and that shows instead a 600 meg video about their president driving a car to make sure that it will drive exactly in the game, deserves this at the minimal.

I'm talking from the majority's angle, but myself, dude, I'm almost a fanboy and love GT5, but I'm not blind you know... I understand the other guys' rage.
 
I think the most incredible thing about all of this is that we're managing to have a realistic, polite, respectful discussion about this without screaming obscenities and insults at each other. Perhaps some of this will overflow to the rest of the forum...
 
A company that did false advertising, that gave us an unfinished product, that used us as beta testers, that insists in making their customers angry with stubborn "school teacher giving lessons" patches, that is obsessed with accomplishing irrelevant and absurd things (mimesis anyone?), without yet correcting the basics, and that shows instead a 600 meg video about their president driving a car to make sure that it will drive exactly in the game, deserves this at the minimal.

I'm talking from the majority's angle, but myself, dude, I'm almost a fanboy and love GT5, but I'm not blind you know... I understand the other guys' rage.

Sorry, I've been too busy playing the game. What do you believe is false advertising in GT5 and where is it unfinished? Surely Post-release patching does not mean it's unfinished? Forgive my naivety.
 
Sorry, I've been too busy playing the game. What do you believe is false advertising in GT5 and where is it unfinished? Surely Post-release patching does not mean it's unfinished? Forgive my naivety.

On the US release at least, there are features like matchmaking and leaderboards advertised on the box which aren't available. (I guess there are some leaderboards now.) There also features which have been added in patches, like remote racing, which are in the paper manual but were not present at release.

I can go through and make an actual list if you're curious.

It's definitely not something to lawyer up about, but it is false advertising and is pretty lame.
 
I'm sorry you had to experience not getting your moneys worth for the first time. Just don't buy another product from PD.

They restricted trading, what else have they restricted?

I believe it's more like the driving 'Call of Duty'. I drive online, something I really enjoy, but they give me credits and XP to make it more rewarding. I'm not grinding, I'm playing a video game. I don't get the 'full online' with Call of duty straight away, I could spend 'half my life' getting prestige 10, or spending time earning more weapons to play online with. I haven't heard many people complaining about unlocks.

I've played the game for about 40 hours and I have 600+ legitimate cars, including many of the high value cars. I believe it lengthens the gameplay value, I always have something more to look forward to, always have something to do in GT5. If I had all the cars in the game at 10 hours in. I'd feel like I didn't get my moneys worth, the fact I'm still being rewarded three months later is a good thing in my eyes.


I don't get why people likes the grinding in the game

in my thought actually, when they say The Real Driving Simulator...I always had the impression of taking the game to a different direction to being a "simulator" not a game...

For example GTR Evolution actually did a great job being a simulator, at the beginning...

they already throw you the cars you'll be using

....no buying cars and no buying parts....

just get in that car and select a race track and see what you're made of...

just pure hardcore simulation....
 
Sorry, I've been too busy playing the game. What do you believe is false advertising in GT5 and where is it unfinished? Surely Post-release patching does not mean it's unfinished? Forgive my naivety.

Guess you don't read, here is the last line from my post, plus another guy just proved things to you too...

Anyway, here goes my last line again, slowly for you...

I'm talking from the majority's angle, but myself, dude, I'm almost a fanboy and love GT5, but I'm not blind you know... I understand the other guys' rage.

Peace dude
 
Guess you don't read, here is the last line from my post, plus another guy just proved things to you too...

Anyway, here goes my last line again, slowly for you...

I'm talking from the majority's angle, but myself, dude, I'm almost a fanboy and love GT5, but I'm not blind you know... I understand the other guys' rage.

Peace dude

I like that! LOL!!
 
Guess you don't read, here is the last line from my post, plus another guy just proved things to you too...

Anyway, here goes my last line again, slowly for you...

I'm talking from the majority's angle, but myself, dude, I'm almost a fanboy and love GT5, but I'm not blind you know... I understand the other guys' rage.

Peace dude

The guy asked a genuine question wanting elaboration so you insult his intelligence and fail to answer the question. 👎:banghead:
 
So why bother posting a rude remark and a random quote from your post?

I didn't mean to be rude, in fact this is really absurd, you are posting about something that was neither "rude" nor directed at you.

So why bother? Practice what you preach, dude, or just lighten up... :cheers:

Btw and out of curiosity, I don't understand, are you against or in favor of PD?
 
It's funny how some of you think that PD "has" to do something about this "problem". They don't. They solved their problem.

Just play the game. If you don't want to, then put it down until GT 6 or turn it in.

And to the person who said "For how long it took them to make this game, GT 6 probably won't come out on this console", well, you're wrong.

They could keep the graphics and physics and just give it a tiny overhaul. Then they can throw in more tracks, more premium cars, fix the Special Events, make licenses useful, reinstall one-make races, and then extend career mode.

Now, you may be thinking, "Well, hell, now it just seems even longer." but that's not the case as well. Beforehand, they had to create the graphics and physics from the ground-up. They had to overhaul everything from GT 4 etc.etc. Now that they have everything in place, it shouldn't be that difficult to come out with another game.

It's like Final Fantasy XIII. That took forever to come out. Now, almost a year later, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is announced. It took Square forever to make XIII, but, since everything is already set, they can go ahead and use what they had for XIII to make XIII-2.
 
... I like this game, actually I like it a lot. And all people who complain should stop placing this game...

...This is totally out of control. What may have started as legitimate criticism has turned into a self-important bashfest with everybody jumping on the bandwagon just for bashing's sake.
Interestingly enough the silent majority actually enjoys the game
But of course admitting so would result in being flamed by the mob.

Pretty fed up with what was once a great community....

...
And I don't think I said Devedander sucks. I simply can't understand his (and many others') eternal zeal to hate GT5 and PD in every imaginable turn while they still keep returning to it. If you have a car (a real life one) that gives nothing but trouble that car will get sold or scrapped. If you go to a restaurant that has terrible food you won't go there again. If you begin reading a book and after the first ten pages it becomes clear it's crap it won't get finished. If you buy shoes that chafe your feet you won't wear them again. That's common sense.

What goes against the same common sense is that a very large portion of people seem to think that GT5 must be played every day no matter how bad it is. Then they come here and fill the board with complaints. Why? Why don't they just come to the conclusion that it's not for them and forget it?

Another thing I don't get is the people who were disappointed in GT5, stopped playing and are still hanging around here fuming about how bad it is. One might think their problem anymore. I wonder why these people won't simply buy another game and let the great disappointment be a thing of the past....

...

I think the only people that should be able to complain at the level you are, would be those that have 100% completed, both level 40. Then you have a right to mouth off in every post, and act like the a$$ clown you are.

Grow up, move on and shut up. Seriously...

So many haters on this thread that its comical. If you don't like what PD has developed, then sell the game and stick with "Turn 10". Problem solved.

... if you dont like it trade it in for nfs shift pro IV NOS or whatever its called and leave us gt fans to enjoy the game, that way you can cut corners and slam into the back of each other in perfect harmony, we can go race online fairly and have some good races...

...
Pretty much all your points are either just pure ranting or over stupid stuff which is so minor its unbelievable. Just stop trying to find reasons to hate on the game and get off the forum if you don't like it. Go play FM3...

If youre such an amazing game designer then why dont you design your own racing sim game... I GUARENTEE YOU it would be 100000000000000x worse than GT5. People who dis this game and say that PD should have done better and blah blah blah, in the election of economics you all voted YES to PD. You bought the game, you paid Sony and PD... if you dont like it then stop talking about it and get over it.

^^ Lol, this one needs an Internet Hall of Fame recognition.

Go away, everyone is fed up of debating with you.
We get it, you don't like the game.

...
I've never seen a 'community' so embarrassingly immature. I feel sorry for PD having to deal with them -- they act like PD has killed their grandmothers. Drama queens, for sure.

...
Just because you bought it doesn't mean you have the right to complain... or better, you have the right, but your right doesn't imply you can diminish a beautiful hard work they've done.
...

...
Just play the game. If you don't want to, then put it down until GT 6 or turn it in.
...

Hmm, so these guys think that 'whiners' should just put down their game and 'go away' and 'not sully this paradise on the Internet'.

You know what, I think they should 'just shut down their computer, cool off, and never read posts criticizing PD/GT5/Sony/Yamauchi/*insert object of their desires* etc. No one's putting a gun to their head and asking them to read these forums.

Someone earlier in another thread said that, "People come here to complain about a game they bought. And some people complain about words on an internet forum. Who looks more stupid?"

I feel so full of myself, maybe I'll put that last quote in my sig. :sly::sly:
 
Hmm, so these guys think that 'whiners' should just put down their game and 'go away' and 'not sully this paradise on the Internet'.

You know what, I think they should 'just shut down their computer, cool off, and never read posts criticizing PD/GT5/Sony/Yamauchi/*insert object of their desires* etc. No one's putting a gun to their head and asking them to read these forums.
It's no paradise, but it's nothing like the crybabies make it out to be. :lol:

The complaints bring nothing new, and they certainly don't add content to GTP. Just a bunch of belly-aching, sounding much like a broken record.

Really, is this the first time you guys have ever bought something with your own money? Maybe mom will give you your 60 dollars back so you can buy something you don't have to cry about to anyone who will listen.
 
^^ Lol, this one needs an Internet Hall of Fame recognition.

Hmm, so these guys think that 'whiners' should just put down their game and 'go away' and 'not sully this paradise on the Internet'.

You know what, I think they should 'just shut down their computer, cool off, and never read posts criticizing PD/GT5/Sony/Yamauchi/*insert object of their desires* etc. No one's putting a gun to their head and asking them to read these forums.

Someone earlier in another thread said that, "People come here to complain about a game they bought. And some people complain about words on an internet forum. Who looks more stupid?"

I feel so full of myself, maybe I'll put that last quote in my sig. :sly::sly:

I cam eon here to find out details of the latest releases, meet some cool people and race forum members...

Not to be bombarded by the same people complaining about every aspect of the game. Are there some legitimate concerns, and things that should be changed? Sure, but whining about the car shadow is hilarious...

More to the point, maybe pointing out that this is an issue, rather than bash PD could make them update it.

Do I want more A-Spec Events, with some of teh old favorite tracks? Yes
Am I holding my breath? No
 
Really, is this the first time you guys have ever bought something with your own money? Maybe mom will give you your 60 dollars back so you can buy something you don't have to cry about to anyone who will listen.

On behalf of these 'kids' as you so lightly label them, you should take this argument to that guy who got a Toyota's accelerator stuck on the highway. He probably just paid a few 'thousand' dollars and a mortgage and debt to get that car. But hey, why bother the Toyota loyalists yeah?

For that guy, a few thousand dollars was quite a lot. For kids, 60 dollars can be a lot.
 
Back