Why such hostility towards PD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brandon6i
  • 142 comments
  • 7,862 views
one answer - KIDS KIDS KIDS KIDS KIDS! they all are children! 80% of GT players are kids! 90% of GTP users obviously are kids! look at the Threads! look at the questions! Bunch of childish or just retarded people (meet alot of them online). We normal people have to deal with it! Believe me Im sad about that as well! I would Ban and restrict internet use to all kids if I could!

PS. Im not talking about unfinished GT part story here.. >>>Why such hostility towards PD? <<< about this!
 
I dont hate PD, they'e made a good game that I love playing online with my friends, I just wish they'd sort out some of the glaring bugs that have been here since release rather then little asthetic bugs :(
 
You do all realize that the only people reading your complaints are the other members on this board right? If I worked for PD and saw this I would lolclap and go back to farmville.
 
You know what is considerably worse? Knowingly eating horrible food day after day, but pretending it isn't just so you can complain about/at the people who don't like it. But I suppose that would ruin your oh-so-clever metaphor about why Devedender sucks. :rolleyes:

OK, so now it's me who's the big bad criminal. Not a surprise considering the common opinion around here nowadays that everyone who hates GT5 is right and everyone who in some freaky way happens to like it is wrong. Yes, there are those weirdos still on the loose who like it. The flaws are nowhere large enough to break the game in the scale many people make it sound.

And I don't think I said Devedander sucks. I simply can't understand his (and many others') eternal zeal to hate GT5 and PD in every imaginable turn while they still keep returning to it. If you have a car (a real life one) that gives nothing but trouble that car will get sold or scrapped. If you go to a restaurant that has terrible food you won't go there again. If you begin reading a book and after the first ten pages it becomes clear it's crap it won't get finished. If you buy shoes that chafe your feet you won't wear them again. That's common sense.

What goes against the same common sense is that a very large portion of people seem to think that GT5 must be played every day no matter how bad it is. Then they come here and fill the board with complaints. Why? Why don't they just come to the conclusion that it's not for them and forget it?

Another thing I don't get is the people who were disappointed in GT5, stopped playing and are still hanging around here fuming about how bad it is. One might think their problem anymore. I've bought countless things in my life I didn't like, some of them pretty expensive, but you won't see me on any forum telling everybody how horrible Asics running shoes are, for example. I just stopped wearing them and bought Nikes instead. Much better. I wonder why these people won't simply buy another game and let the great disappointment be a thing of the past.
 
Here's the thing:
Those things are both terrible in this game. Terrible. And that's not really open to interpretation, either.

So some enterprising players found a way to get around the stupidly linear game design, and instead of PD doing something to actually improve the game so those exploits are less appealing, they toss in an obvious rule patch in order to force players to put up with it.


You mean in comparison the ones who spend far more time doing it the "right" way (ie., driving around Indy for hours on end)?


You know what would be a far better fix, and wouldn't have the side effect of looking like you are having a tantrum because those big bad players didn't want to put up with your poor game design? Things that fix the game design.
Not things done just to spite those players, which also carries the side effect of pissing off a bunch of people who weren't even abusing the exploits.


You know what is considerably worse? Knowingly eating horrible food day after day, but pretending it isn't just so you can complain about/at the people who don't like it. But I suppose that would ruin your oh-so-clever metaphor about why Devedender sucks. :rolleyes:

👍 VERY well said!
 
One thing to take into account when talking about all the complaining is the sheer number of people that visit this board. At any given time, there are literally hundreds of people viewing this, so it might seem like people are complaining more than on other forums. Thousands of people are also literally picking up GT5 every day to play and hundreds will come here to try to figure things out. GT5 is BIG stuff, and honestly, this forum has more members than anything I have ever seen. Things are going to get repeated a lot, you're going to hear the same thing over and over and nothing can be done about it.

Add to that the mess PD has created with this game and it all adds up to sound like constant complaining.
 
^^^Sorry, but you seem to be a little off base with this "GT5, PD and everything sucks" bit.

So far, I have found a few things wrong with the game, but to be honest, it is not that bad. Sure, we should make more money every race, and be able to sell those crappy Japanese concept cars, and maybe the 1million dollar car (which we can't trade anymore) should offer somethings, like different wheels, or an interior shot, but all in all it is a great game.

Sure the AI is simple to beat, and not having a horsepower cap make races far to easy, and some of the shadowing is wrong. But look on the bright side, you can now know what the dash of an 89 CRX looks like...

Honestly, the game is IMHO, 65% there. All cars should have a cockpit view and be able to add things like body kits (add ons) and adjust most things. The lack of performance brakes were kinda hilarious too... Cause my stock brakes are the best they will ever get.

I think the only people that should be able to complain at the level you are, would be those that have 100% completed, both level 40. Then you have a right to mouth off in every post, and act like the a$$ clown you are.

I play the game, because I enjoy it. If I nit picked this much over everything, I would have a serious stroke by 31... If you have a legitimate complaint, voice it, but the vague PD sucks is getting old.

Grow up, move on and shut up. Seriously.
 
Here's the thing:
Those things are both terrible in this game. Terrible. And that's not really open to interpretation, either.

So some enterprising players found a way to get around the stupidly linear game design, and instead of PD doing something to actually improve the game so those exploits are less appealing, they toss in an obvious rule patch in order to force players to put up with it.


You mean in comparison the ones who spend far more time doing it the "right" way (ie., driving around Indy for hours on end)?


You know what would be a far better fix, and wouldn't have the side effect of looking like you are having a tantrum because those big bad players didn't want to put up with your poor game design? Things that fix the game design.
Not things done just to spite those players, which also carries the side effect of pissing off a bunch of people who weren't even abusing the exploits.


You know what is considerably worse? Knowingly eating horrible food day after day, but pretending it isn't just so you can complain about/at the people who don't like it. But I suppose that would ruin your oh-so-clever metaphor about why Devedender sucks. :rolleyes:
Just wondering, is this the first time you've ever bought something with your own money?
 
So many haters on this thread that its comical. If you don't like what PD has developed, then sell the game and stick with "Turn 10". Problem solved.
 
GT5 is the only sim with great graphics IMO. I thank PD for not doing what Codemasters did and ditching the real racing fans. I also appreciate their continued commitment to a game that already turned a huge profit.

Most companies would cash in and put their efforts towards GT6 by now.

My thoughts exactly.
 
While the game is great and a worthy continuation of the GT franchise I think it does have its faults. Namedly there are way too many standard cars, there are not enough events. On the other hand, GT5 can be updated through patches and while that can be controversial (1.07...), I think slowly but surely GT5 will improve to everyone's gain. Eventually PD will stop patching GT5 and start working on GT6, but who knows when will that be.
 
Im 20 years old and ive been a fan of the gt series since day 1 and like all of you here i was waiting and waiting for gt5, now its out all people are doing is moaning, if you dont like it trade it in for nfs shift pro IV NOS or whatever its called and leave us gt fans to enjoy the game, that way you can cut corners and slam into the back of each other in perfect harmony, we can go race online fairly and have some good races
 
OK, so now it's me who's the big bad criminal. Not a surprise considering the common opinion around here nowadays that everyone who hates GT5 is right and everyone who in some freaky way happens to like it is wrong. Yes, there are those weirdos still on the loose who like it. The flaws are nowhere large enough to break the game in the scale many people make it sound.

And I don't think I said Devedander sucks. I simply can't understand his (and many others') eternal zeal to hate GT5 and PD in every imaginable turn while they still keep returning to it. If you have a car (a real life one) that gives nothing but trouble that car will get sold or scrapped. If you go to a restaurant that has terrible food you won't go there again. If you begin reading a book and after the first ten pages it becomes clear it's crap it won't get finished. If you buy shoes that chafe your feet you won't wear them again. That's common sense.

What goes against the same common sense is that a very large portion of people seem to think that GT5 must be played every day no matter how bad it is. Then they come here and fill the board with complaints. Why? Why don't they just come to the conclusion that it's not for them and forget it?

Another thing I don't get is the people who were disappointed in GT5, stopped playing and are still hanging around here fuming about how bad it is. One might think their problem anymore. I've bought countless things in my life I didn't like, some of them pretty expensive, but you won't see me on any forum telling everybody how horrible Asics running shoes are, for example. I just stopped wearing them and bought Nikes instead. Much better. I wonder why these people won't simply buy another game and let the great disappointment be a thing of the past.
Stunning reply, agree 100%, so many complaints about all the things that are a mistake, I think the worst mistake would be for PD to make GT6 and open themselves up to more hate, because no matter how good or how much improved over Gt5 it will be, there will be a million threads complaining about the misery it brought to their life.
 
What you morons do not understand (probably because if you all had a brain cell between you I'd be amazed that evolution could manage that) is that GT5 is MASSIVELY flawed. Also what you don't understand is that a lot of the people moaning LOVE the GT series and feel massively let down by PD. The patches fail to sort major issues and have even exasperated some of the major problems with the game, which leads me to think PD are clueless.

a) MOST of the game is GT4HD, with some shockingly awful looking cars and tracks

b) as already mentioned the levelling and economy in the game is just Sh*ite, anyone who cannot understand that must be brain dead.

c) Still no saving in championships and endurances.

d) Still no proper way to select reverese gear manually with a wheel, pressing triangle or the remapped equivalent is just pathetic for a game calling itself a simulation....oh I didn't know I really press a button on my dash to reverse...silly me I thought I had to select reverse then press the damn THROTTLE.

e) TWO shadows under the car? So PD thinks there's TWO suns in the solar system. That is just an oversight that is BEYOND a joke, and it's gone 6 patches without being fixed.

f) Complete lack of events to race and not many races within those few events.

g) Top Gear section is a complete farce of stupidity and crapness.

h) no practise or qualifying....simulation? erm NOPE.

i) god awful menu system that takes an age to load.

J) Rolling starts....utterly crap, require NO skill at all.

K) Bspec is just crap, it's like the drivers Massa and you have to keep talking to him every 2 milliseconds to remind him to go fast. I wouldn't mind it if as they level up they learnt to be a bit more independent, but even my level 26 b spec cretin will slow right down unless I babysit the prat with the oh so amazing gameplay of : press x, press x every 15 or so sodding seconds....ooooooooooh FUN.

I could go on , but you prats defending this travesty will carry on kissing the butt and PD will never change. I was part of the problem, I loved the series and bought every game. Now PD have killed the GT franchise for me and it would take a minor miracle for me to regain faith in PDs ability.

And yes I still play the damn game in the hope that they'll fix the issues that need sorting, and yes I play Forza 3 and yes I play PC sims which are PROPER simulations of driving. No I'm NOT a kid and I am married with commitments to my time so cannot spend every second playing the game to earn credits and xp and do endurances.
 
What you morons do not understand (probably because if you all had a brain cell between you I'd be amazed that evolution could manage that) is that GT5 is MASSIVELY flawed. Also what you don't understand is that a lot of the people moaning LOVE the GT series and feel massively let down by PD. The patches fail to sort major issues and have even exasperated some of the major problems with the game, which leads me to think PD are clueless.

a) MOST of the game is GT4HD, with some shockingly awful looking cars and tracks

b) as already mentioned the levelling and economy in the game is just Sh*ite, anyone who cannot understand that must be brain dead.

c) Still no saving in championships and endurances.

d) Still no proper way to select reverese gear manually with a wheel, pressing triangle or the remapped equivalent is just pathetic for a game calling itself a simulation....oh I didn't know I really press a button on my dash to reverse...silly me I thought I had to select reverse then press the damn THROTTLE.

e) TWO shadows under the car? So PD thinks there's TWO suns in the solar system. That is just an oversight that is BEYOND a joke, and it's gone 6 patches without being fixed.

f) Complete lack of events to race and not many races within those few events.

g) Top Gear section is a complete farce of stupidity and crapness.

h) no practise or qualifying....simulation? erm NOPE.

i) god awful menu system that takes an age to load.

J) Rolling starts....utterly crap, require NO skill at all.

K) Bspec is just crap, it's like the drivers Massa and you have to keep talking to him every 2 milliseconds to remind him to go fast. I wouldn't mind it if as they level up they learnt to be a bit more independent, but even my level 26 b spec cretin will slow right down unless I babysit the prat with the oh so amazing gameplay of : press x, press x every 15 or so sodding seconds....ooooooooooh FUN.

I could go on , but you prats defending this travesty will carry on kissing the butt and PD will never change. I was part of the problem, I loved the series and bought every game. Now PD have killed the GT franchise for me and it would take a minor miracle for me to regain faith in PDs ability.

And yes I still play the damn game in the hope that they'll fix the issues that need sorting, and yes I play Forza 3 and yes I play PC sims which are PROPER simulations of driving. No I'm NOT a kid and I am married with commitments to my time so cannot spend every second playing the game to earn credits and xp and do endurances.

Making personal insults sure does add value/maturity to your rant:tdown:
 
What you morons do not understand (probably because if you all had a brain cell between you I'd be amazed that evolution could manage that) is that GT5 is MASSIVELY flawed. Also what you don't understand is that a lot of the people moaning LOVE the GT series and feel massively let down by PD. The patches fail to sort major issues and have even exasperated some of the major problems with the game, which leads me to think PD are clueless.

a) MOST of the game is GT4HD, with some shockingly awful looking cars and tracks

b) as already mentioned the levelling and economy in the game is just Sh*ite, anyone who cannot understand that must be brain dead.

c) Still no saving in championships and endurances.

d) Still no proper way to select reverese gear manually with a wheel, pressing triangle or the remapped equivalent is just pathetic for a game calling itself a simulation....oh I didn't know I really press a button on my dash to reverse...silly me I thought I had to select reverse then press the damn THROTTLE.

e) TWO shadows under the car? So PD thinks there's TWO suns in the solar system. That is just an oversight that is BEYOND a joke, and it's gone 6 patches without being fixed.

f) Complete lack of events to race and not many races within those few events.

g) Top Gear section is a complete farce of stupidity and crapness.

h) no practise or qualifying....simulation? erm NOPE.

i) god awful menu system that takes an age to load.

J) Rolling starts....utterly crap, require NO skill at all.

K) Bspec is just crap, it's like the drivers Massa and you have to keep talking to him every 2 milliseconds to remind him to go fast. I wouldn't mind it if as they level up they learnt to be a bit more independent, but even my level 26 b spec cretin will slow right down unless I babysit the prat with the oh so amazing gameplay of : press x, press x every 15 or so sodding seconds....ooooooooooh FUN.

I could go on , but you prats defending this travesty will carry on kissing the butt and PD will never change. I was part of the problem, I loved the series and bought every game. Now PD have killed the GT franchise for me and it would take a minor miracle for me to regain faith in PDs ability.

And yes I still play the damn game in the hope that they'll fix the issues that need sorting, and yes I play Forza 3 and yes I play PC sims which are PROPER simulations of driving. No I'm NOT a kid and I am married with commitments to my time so cannot spend every second playing the game to earn credits and xp and do endurances.

Ok first of all, this game is nothing like a GT4 HD. The physics wouldnt have changed, there would be no cars with interiors and high detail just revised versions of the old standard cars. I think you dont understand what a HD version of a game is.

b. I actually think the levelling is alright but the A spec events are limited.
What they did is force you to actually complete the events you couldnt be assed to like F1 granprix and Nascar.

c. And? Saving in championships would make the races not championships or endurance races anymore. Championships are supposed to be a series of races where you get points and there are no second chances just a quit.
Not PDs fault you don't like the whole concept of endurances races.

d. Who cares? Out of all things to moan about realism you moan about reversing. Thats just stupid.

e. A minor problem which isnt game breaking in anyway. You can still drive cars, you can still do whatever you want. A double shadow is just a little technical error which loads of games do to date.
Calm down, they'll fix it.

f. Everyone knows that, but if you want to enjoy the game without grinding and still get good money you're gonna have to do all the stuff they offer (special events and endurance races).

g. I ain't even gonna answer that. No statement or point at all.

h. Are you talking about F1 style practise before races? That's just unnecsary in a racing game like this. People just want to race, not go through slugish things which slow down the game.

i. Loading aint even bad mate. Don't know what you're smoking.

j. this isnt the drag simulator :ouch:

k. b spec IMO is just a version of a spec for people which aren't in the mood for racing. it's good for what it is actually.

Pretty much all your points are either just pure ranting or over stupid stuff which is so minor its unbelievable. Just stop trying to find reasons to hate on the game and get off the forum if you don't like it. Go play FM3.
 
I know. The thing is, I agree with most of the problems he's mentioned with the game, but most of them are set in stone now. The others may well arrive in future patches, they've fixed a few minor issues before.
 
What you morons do not understand (probably because if you all had a brain cell between you I'd be amazed that evolution could manage that) is that GT5 is MASSIVELY flawed. Also what you don't understand is that a lot of the people moaning LOVE the GT series and feel massively let down by PD. The patches fail to sort major issues and have even exasperated some of the major problems with the game, which leads me to think PD are clueless.

a) MOST of the game is GT4HD, with some shockingly awful looking cars and tracks

b) as already mentioned the levelling and economy in the game is just Sh*ite, anyone who cannot understand that must be brain dead.

c) Still no saving in championships and endurances.

d) Still no proper way to select reverese gear manually with a wheel, pressing triangle or the remapped equivalent is just pathetic for a game calling itself a simulation....oh I didn't know I really press a button on my dash to reverse...silly me I thought I had to select reverse then press the damn THROTTLE.

e) TWO shadows under the car? So PD thinks there's TWO suns in the solar system. That is just an oversight that is BEYOND a joke, and it's gone 6 patches without being fixed.

f) Complete lack of events to race and not many races within those few events.

g) Top Gear section is a complete farce of stupidity and crapness.

h) no practise or qualifying....simulation? erm NOPE.

i) god awful menu system that takes an age to load.

J) Rolling starts....utterly crap, require NO skill at all.

K) Bspec is just crap, it's like the drivers Massa and you have to keep talking to him every 2 milliseconds to remind him to go fast. I wouldn't mind it if as they level up they learnt to be a bit more independent, but even my level 26 b spec cretin will slow right down unless I babysit the prat with the oh so amazing gameplay of : press x, press x every 15 or so sodding seconds....ooooooooooh FUN.

I could go on , but you prats defending this travesty will carry on kissing the butt and PD will never change. I was part of the problem, I loved the series and bought every game. Now PD have killed the GT franchise for me and it would take a minor miracle for me to regain faith in PDs ability.

And yes I still play the damn game in the hope that they'll fix the issues that need sorting, and yes I play Forza 3 and yes I play PC sims which are PROPER simulations of driving. No I'm NOT a kid and I am married with commitments to my time so cannot spend every second playing the game to earn credits and xp and do endurances.

The rest of your post confirms that really well:sly:

The game needs a LOT of fixing before it can become what was promised to us for 5 years.
 
Its not like they physically slapped you in the face.

Physically, no.
Psychologically, yes

We've all played games that were overhyped and/or unfinished upon release but you can't give them credit for at least trying to reach their goals after release?

Only one problem here.
They should have distributed the game for free, then told us when they finish it, we can pay for it.
 
I simply can't understand his (and many others') eternal zeal to hate GT5 and PD in every imaginable turn while they still keep returning to it. If you have a car (a real life one) that gives nothing but trouble that car will get sold or scrapped. If you go to a restaurant that has terrible food you won't go there again. If you begin reading a book and after the first ten pages it becomes clear it's crap it won't get finished. If you buy shoes that chafe your feet you won't wear them again. That's common sense.
The problem with this idea is that you completely disregard emotion and emotional bonds with Gran Turismo.

I did what you propose, I stopped playing GT5 completely because I can't stand the lack of quality. But I still want to complain about it. I'm actively trying to cut it down to a minimum, but I still feel the urge to complain. So I asked myself why. Why do I want to voice my opinion of something I have stopped caring about?

The answer is quite simple, actually. Gran Turismo has literally dominated years of my gaming life. I have learned a lot about cars in general and in specific in this game, and I spend hundreds of awesome hours with it. If Gran Turismo would never have been created, my life would have been different. I had an emotional bond with this game. And now, that bond has been ripped by the latest version of Gran Turismo, and ripped quite violently at that. Yes, the game has always had its faults, but it didn't really matter, because those spots were hidden under the blanket of a very good game. With GT5, PD pulled away this blanket and all the odd stuff became blindingly apparent.

I feel like something elementary has been taken away from me for no good reason. I was robbed of a part of my life. That hurts. Naturally, I am trying to find a way to lessen the pain. Venting helps. That's why I want to talk about how bad I find this game.
 
If youre such an amazing game designer then why dont you design your own racing sim game...
Cross-quoting myself from another thread:
A real life example: let's say you go and buy a new car at a dealership. Within the first days, it becomes apparent that the car is very badly made and also misses a lot of features you were told it has in the brochure. So naturally you would visit the dealership once again to complain, but the salesman just says to you: "You go to your shed and build a better car on your own, then we'll talk.". Would you find that acceptable as an answer?
 
A potful of PD apologists in one place. How delightful!

Yamauchi is thy shepherd ... Thou shalt not want ...

Don't you just love the aroma of the BBQ that arises from the GT5 disc??? If you don't keep autogrinding with the X1, and the PS3 will turn into a grade A BBQ oven. 👍
 
If youre such an amazing game designer then why dont you design your own racing sim game...

Yeah, I'd like to see Toyota's lawyers say that to the public prosecutor on the faulty accelerator case.
Hey, why don't YOU make a better car? 💡

To the mods : Sorry for the double post, I just keep seeing these gems of posts in these kinds of threads.
 
The problem with this idea is that you completely disregard emotion and emotional bonds with Gran Turismo.

I did what you propose, I stopped playing GT5 completely because I can't stand the lack of quality. But I still want to complain about it. I'm actively trying to cut it down to a minimum, but I still feel the urge to complain. So I asked myself why. Why do I want to voice my opinion of something I have stopped caring about?

The answer is quite simple, actually. Gran Turismo has literally dominated years of my gaming life. I have learned a lot about cars in general and in specific in this game, and I spend hundreds of awesome hours with it. If Gran Turismo would never have been created, my life would have been different. I had an emotional bond with this game. And now, that bond has been ripped by the latest version of Gran Turismo, and ripped quite violently at that. Yes, the game has always had its faults, but it didn't really matter, because those spots were hidden under the blanket of a very good game. With GT5, PD pulled away this blanket and all the odd stuff became blindingly apparent.

I feel like something elementary has been taken away from me for no good reason. I was robbed of a part of my life. That hurts. Naturally, I am trying to find a way to lessen the pain. Venting helps. That's why I want to talk about how bad I find this game.

Every franchise/series of games always comes up with a new version which will make or break the game. For me when I started up GT5 I was expecting what was in store. When I first played GT4 it was absolutely breath taking!
But when I played GT5 it was good but it was missing the nostalgia.

Games these days lose that nostalgia at one point and it seems like GT5 just hit it for the GT series. Same thing happened to Street Fighter, Need for Speed and all the others which back in the day were games to remember.
You're just gonna have to face the fact. Now I'm not saying the games bad, I enjoy it but it's missing something (but thats what I expected to happen anyway).

GT5 is great and all but it will easily be forgotten.
 
because they're emphasizing the single player too much by requiring you to grind more...not because they put low price money in the game in the first place but because they even lowered the prize money in v1.06...they are so stupid enough not to do anything about those who does the rubberband a-spec grinding...

then lastly is putting cap on the gifting of cars and disabling car ticket gifting too...this greatly affects the trading community in the game...

this gen....games can't keep the life itself in single player mode...the online aspect is what keeping games alive today and PD is so stupid not to let the online community happy in the game....

The Real Grinding Simulator....
 
Back