Why the all whining about SE7?

• Thread starter heinz57
  • 107 comments
United States
Ohio
cheezeburger57
I do not understand what all the gripes are about SE7. First of all, everyone wanted new A-Spec events, and thats essentially what these are. The prizes are in-line with them, and they can be replayed too. PD even included some limitations to play by, but they're not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to. It gives you the option, which is a suggestion many people had. There's even an oppurtunity to use those F2007 and F10 cars that cant be used anywhere else. We haven't got any new events in two weeks, yet theres more complaining then ever. So even with all these good things, whats the gripe? I for one enjoy them, but to each his own I guess.

I do not understand what all the gripes are about SE7. First of all, everyone wanted new A-Spec events, and thats essentially what these are. The prizes are in-line with them, and they can be replayed too. PD even included some limitations to play by, but they're not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to. It gives you the option, which is a suggestion many people had. There's even an oppurtunity to use those F2007 and F10 cars that cant be used anywhere else. We haven't got any new events in two weeks, yet theres more complaining then ever. So even with all these good things, whats the gripe? I for one enjoy them, but to each his own I guess.

👍

Finally!!!!

I completely agree.
This is the first thread that supports se7.

Everyone was complaining about the extremely high payout for the earlier ones, and now they're all complaining about how low the payout is.

WTF!!!!!

I agree, I won so much money I got bored, and I hated that there wasnt enough aspec races

Strange than so many people bitched about winning ridiculous CR but now a lot are bitching because its too little , mayve PD done it to get us hooked and collect the cars we really wantand will just give big payouts every once in a while

Im hoping for manufacturers races or one make races, with a bit more challenge and hp restrictions

However, it would have been nice if the f1 car race was a little more CR, Like maybe even 5mil so it justified even doing the race and buying the car

👍👍

I think people got accustomed to them being a CR/Exp fest and now the prize money has dropped down to more normal levels they're gnawing at the teat wondering why it's gone dry.

I've not given them a shot yet though but a lot of the discussion I've read does seem to imply they are painfully easy, which would seem to leave the two camps (one who wanted the original challenging format and one who wanted a click here for cash monies button) both dissatisfied.

I suspect PD is doing a fair bit of trial and error with the format of them. It's the first GT that hasn't had to be released as a finished game so they can get a huge amount of feedback from it as to what works for people.

They should have called it GT V(ista)

Why all the whining?

Because the events were a week late and STILL not as fun as the first series of seasonal events, in particular, SE1.

The old style is nice- it's like- "check out these cars, many of which you may have never checked out. Pretty cool, huh?"
The new style is like- "go through your garage and find whatever you feel like it and drive, yo".

It's a matter of preference but I prefer the old style

Why all the whining?

Because the events were a week late and STILL not as fun as the first series of seasonal events, in particular, SE1.

SE1 was great, and i would love to have regulated races back. But griping about free extra content is kind of a moot point.. feel lucky its there at all.
It's not something they were obligated to do at all. I had a blast with the game the first 2 weeks the game was out before these Seasonal Events even existed. When unlocking the higher level Special Events seemed like extraordinary payouts lol.

Why all the whining?

The old style is nice- it's like- "check out these cars, many of which you may have never checked out. Pretty cool, huh?"
The new style is like- "go through your garage and find whatever you feel like it and drive, yo".

It's a matter of preference but I prefer the old style

You've got a valid point with the idea of people trying out cars they've never tried, and about them being late, especially after they announced they would be weekly. I agree 100%, I was ticked about them being late too. I just HATE how it seems like they implemented so many new ideas with this, yet people still aren't happy. I'm not trying to be a fanboy amd defend PD, I also think GT5 leaves alot to be desired. Multiplayer could use some serious beefing up, and in-race saves, and the list goes on. Its just that it seems like its damned if you do damned if you dont at this point.

You know...back in the old days, when a game was released it was all you got. It was never patched or added to in any fashion. That was back before they started bubble wrapping people at birth.

I don't think theres any reason to complain about the events they are a good idea. I actually posted up here that they should do them like this, I said you should be able to have your own cars with just drive-chain restrictions and possible hp restrictions as well. At least the gave hp recommendations. The only problem is I'm seeing the lack of substance in GT5, I haven't picked up the game since the last Seasonal Event (6). I feel like the lack of premiums has started to bother me a little bit more; along with lack of events and cars I hoped for in the game. I feel like many cars should have been excluded and many should have been included. Its not longer the real driving simulator to me. Maybe if I do these events again I'll change my mind. But I feel like people who are complaining about them feel the same way I do, they want all the promises that PD made. I preordered this game for completion and feel like I got one half done. But nobody gives a crap what I say or believe it doesn't matter honestly haha I realized about 90 percent of you are gunna say if you don't like it then sell it back. Well between the wheel and the collectors edition, my 270 dollars feels wasted (alot for a full time student who does residency hours). I recon most that complain must have a similar experience/perspective about the events and the game in general. PD showed their true colors. Perfection doesn't mean percision, and expected doesn't mean given in the eyes of PD.

You know...back in the old days, when a game was released it was all you got. It was never patched or added to in any fashion. That was back before they started bubble wrapping people at birth.

Yep, it were a good days. You know... 522 a-spec races instead of 120, games looked finished etc. These days developers tends to release unfinished products, because they always can patch them... but almost always game won't reach 100% finished state even after a couple of patches. Or developers decides to stop patching game, because people already have paid for it, why bother then, it's not some p2p mmorpg after all.

Same here I felt a bit sad because I didn't get that absurd amount of money and XP like in previous SE, but man, doing the FR Challenge with a Camaro SS '97 completely untuned and under de 300 HP power guide, fighting until the last chicane with an RX-7 '91 on Suzuka it was awesome and more satisfyting than in previous SE

I like it and am not whining but I was a big fan of the previous because it gave me a ton of XP (Money not so much important). Now it's back to...not leveling up.

People like to complain... plain n simple...

Too much, too little, too easy, too hard.. .no one understands how to play a game for what it is.

Personally, I think they can all stick it where the sun don't shine.

My two cents:

Very happy with what we had this week, and I think it's a great step in the right direction.

It's still early in the life span for the seasonal events, so I think they're just trying out different things,
getting a feel for what works and what doesn't to hone them to something that suits everyone.

I think they got it pretty darn close with this set.
I'd like to see a good mix of what they did this week with some of the "hey, try this car" style races,
and maybe even throw one or two events into this mix that have a reasonably high cr. & xp payout with a possible A-spec level restriction on it to balance it all out.

Finally!!!!

I completely agree.
This is the first thread that supports se7.

Everyone was complaining about the extremely high payout for the earlier ones, and now they're all complaining about how low the payout is.

WTF!!!!!

Man its because they keep messing with my emotions.

People like to complain... plain n simple...

Too much, too little, too easy, too hard.. .no one understands how to play a game for what it is.

Personally, I think they can all stick it where the sun don't shine.

bravo! 👍👍

Completely agree, it seems that anything that is new gets complained about. It's similar to many online game forums, it's just complaining, complaining complaining.
Ilove the new events.

If there's one bunch of people on this earth who truly know the meaning of the phrase;

"You can't please all of the people, all of the time"

its Polyphony Digital.

the cr and xp should have a format based on the lvl of car needed and number of laps per race. the ff is about right but the f2007/f10 doesn't really give that much more for a race twice the length in a higher lvl car. 200,000cr for the Ferrari F1 races would have been spot on I think.
As for one make races and using the F2007/F10 it can be done and has always been available to do very easily online ! plus you will be racing against drivers far superior to any A I driver, and you get cr and xp

I think they got it pretty darn close with this set.
I'd like to see a good mix of what they did this week with some of the "hey, try this car" style races,
and maybe even throw one or two events into this mix that have a reasonably high cr. & xp payout with a possible A-spec level restriction on it to balance it all out.

^ This. I think it'd be great if they gave out a prize car also with the series. It doesn't have to be spectacular, I just like the feeling I get by winning prize cars. To me it feels like I've "wrapped up" the series.

I've not given them a shot yet though but a lot of the discussion I've read does seem to imply they are painfully easy, which would seem to leave the two camps (one who wanted the original challenging format and one who wanted a click here for cash monies button) both dissatisfied.

The people who complain because they think the new seasonals are too easy are just spoiled little brats imo. PD makes it to everyone's happiness, some don't want the restrictions, so they removed them, some wanted them, so they make recommendations. Which is a great system imho. But then there are some people on these boards who say they did the FR events with their ZR-1 RM car, and came to the conclusion it was too easy. Recommendation of a 200 HP car, then people use a 800 HP car. No wonder it's easy. I find the new seasonals really challenging, as long as you follow PD's recommendations for power, and if you want really good races, go 50 HP under PD's recommendation.

Maybe they should change the rewards though. If you follow the recommendations that you get some more money and EXP (especially EXP) and if you just overpower the race you don't get anything (like if you have double the amount of HP from what's suggested).

But people who are complaining that it's too easy just complain because of the complaining, whatever PD does, they'll complain anyway...

But people who are complaining that it's too easy just complain because of the complaining, whatever PD does, they'll complain anyway...

And as this thread so perfectly shows, for every one person complaining about something they think is wrong with the game, there's 10 people lined up ready to come into and or start a new thread just to complain that others are complaining.

And as this thread so perfectly shows, for every one person complaining about something they think is wrong with the game, there's 10 people lined up ready to come into and or start a new thread just to complain that others are complaining.

I guess you forget this is supposed to be a site for GT "fans".

And then there's the ones like you that think when people ask about why someone is whining about everything, its just complaining about complaining.. Or wait, is it that people who actually enjoy the game have no reason being on GTplanet and should have no reason to wonder why a majority of people here are so cynical about every little detail?

I guess you forget this is supposed to be a site for GT "fans".

And then there's the ones like you that think when people ask about why someone is whining about everything, its just complaining about complaining.. Or wait, is it that people who actually enjoy the game have no reason being on GTplanet and should have no reason to wonder why a majority of people here are so cynical about every little detail?

Then there's people like you who think you're the only GT "fans" in the world, and only your super important opinions should ever be aired, because, you're just the biggest fan ever. :rolleyes:

Let me clue you in to a little secret, all those people doing the complaining that people like you just can't take, are fans as well. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here either. But glad to see you think you know who should and shouldn't be on GT Planet. Just goes to show the incredible arrogance that types like you love to display every time you come into threads just to be a troll and call people whiners or moaners.

Then there's people like you who think you're the only GT "fans" in the world, and only your super important opinions should ever be aired, because, you're just the biggest fan ever. :rolleyes:

Let me clue you in to a little secret, all those people doing the complaining that people like you just can't take, are fans as well. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here either. But glad to see you think you know who should and shouldn't be on GT Planet. Just goes to show the incredible arrogance that types like you love to display every time you come into threads just to be a troll and call people whiners or moaners.

lol, yes, apparently you know me so well.. i can take it fine. apparently you can't and you feel that "types like me" have no say in the matter.. so you can keep your little secrets to yourself..

YOUR the one trolling coming to this thread because you didn't like the topic and felt you should share your two cents just to post how you feel about what other people are posting. I don't purposely go into other threads on this site that i do not agree with just to post crap and act superior to everyone..

I never stated who could or could not be coming here, i just stated that this was a site that was originally built for GT fans.
And sorry, any true fan of this game wouldn't come here bashing the game every chance they can get.. Just because they have the game in no means make them a fan. especially if all they do is come to a site like this and complain about it all the time, if you don't like it, its a simple solution. play something else.

Back