Why the all whining about SE7?

• Thread starter heinz57
  • 107 comments
My two cents:

Very happy with what we had this week, and I think it's a great step in the right direction.

It's still early in the life span for the seasonal events, so I think they're just trying out different things,
getting a feel for what works and what doesn't to hone them to something that suits everyone.

I think they got it pretty darn close with this set.
I'd like to see a good mix of what they did this week with some of the "hey, try this car" style races,
and maybe even throw one or two events into this mix that have a reasonably high cr. & xp payout with a possible A-spec level restriction on it to balance it all out.

Have to agree here, I think from here the one suggestion I could make is to include 1 or 2 events like the first 2 weeks of seasonals with restrictions (hp/tyres/weight/driving aids) and extra xp/credits... but with the difficulty level set significantly higher so that you would have to earn the extra credit/xp bonus...

Overall, I quite like the new seasonals, judging by the FF races I have done so far... have used a couple of cars that I bought some time ago but never used. The fact that you can repeat them and still win credits/xp now means I can use different cars to find my favourite. I have refrained (so far) from using my tuned cars and have used cars at stock level with no driving aids and using the same tyres of the opposition. All races so far have been quite close and good fun.

Looking forward to doing the other races, have plenty of stock cars that I've yet to try out.

One more thing... I still don't get all the complaints about what is free extra content :confused:

Seasonal events are always fresh air to the game, they should be always welcomed no matter the xp/credits. One week they got it right other not that much, but if they keep updating these events for a long time this game at least will have always something new to play with.

To the OP: 👍

It's a curious thread...

For starters, anyone that has READ the so-called 'whining' (thanks for putting a pejorative on simple criticism) knows EXACTLY the reason for all the whining. So, making ANOTHER thread about the same issue hardly seems productive! If you didn't learn what the issues were, don't make another post asking for elucidation. Go back and read them again!

Next, of course, comes the inevitable question... if the Seasonals ARE perfect, why are you here instead of playing them? That's some quality seat time you are missing out on, buddy!

But, in the back of most people's minds MUST be the nagging thought... Whether you like them or not, whether you approve of their format or payout or not, we just got 12 events that will be gone soon, while 400 events remain missing from GT5 compared to GT4, and this is doing NOTHING to rectify that.

Unless these events are added to GT5's permanent A-Spec menu, there will be no replay value to them (I often hear replaying DIFFERENT events is the antidote to grinding, yet this abomination gets a pass? :rolleyes: ) they will not be able to be played by anyone JUST getting the game (let alone the countless events that someone coming in a year late will have missed) and an opportunity to restore GT5 to GT4's logical upgrade path has been missed.

But, if the game is perfect for you, and you don't mind 400 events missing, or the miserly way new events are doled out (and then vanish), don't come opening threads asking WHY....

You already KNOW...

Unless these events are added to GT5's permanent A-Spec menu, there will be no replay value to them (I often hear replaying DIFFERENT events is the antidote to grinding, yet this abomination gets a pass? :rolleyes: ) they will not be able to be played by anyone JUST getting the game (let alone the countless events that someone coming in a year late will have missed) and an opportunity to restore GT5 to GT4's logical upgrade path has been missed.

So you don't believe that other people might enjoy repeating certain events with different cars to find out which may be the best models/tuning set-ups, etc? I don't consider that to be grinding...

So you don't believe that other people might enjoy repeating certain events with different cars to find out which may be the best models/tuning set-ups, etc? I don't consider that to be grinding...

👍

It's a curious thread...

For starters, anyone that has READ the so-called 'whining' (thanks for putting a pejorative on simple criticism) knows EXACTLY the reason for all the whining. So, making ANOTHER thread about the same issue hardly seems productive! If you didn't learn what the issues were, don't make another post asking for elucidation. Go back and read them again!

Next, of course, comes the inevitable question... if the Seasonals ARE perfect, why are you here instead of playing them? That's some quality seat time you are missing out on, buddy!

But, in the back of most people's minds MUST be the nagging thought... Whether you like them or not, whether you approve of their format or payout or not, we just got 12 events that will be gone soon, while 400 events remain missing from GT5 compared to GT4, and this is doing NOTHING to rectify that.

But, if the game is perfect for you, and you don't mind 400 events missing, or the miserly way new events are doled out (and then vanish), don't come opening threads asking WHY....

You already KNOW...

You have some valid points here. But it think you might have over looked what the topic actually said.. This isn't a post asking why are people whining about GT5 in general and what it is missing, it was why are they whining about Seasonal Events #7. Just because they changed the format and people lost the spoils of winning mad cash and exp with little effort.

I don't see anywhere here were it was stated that these events are perfect either? I sure don't consider them perfect, but they were some fun none the less.

I do not understand what all the gripes are about SE7. First of all, everyone wanted new A-Spec events, and thats essentially what these are. The prizes are in-line with them, and they can be replayed too. PD even included some limitations to play by, but they're not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to. It gives you the option, which is a suggestion many people had. There's even an oppurtunity to use those F2007 and F10 cars that cant be used anywhere else. We haven't got any new events in two weeks, yet theres more complaining then ever. So even with all these good things, whats the gripe? I for one enjoy them, but to each his own I guess.

👍 Too much SB Syndrome on GT Planet.

Honestly when i first read on here that the cr. and xp went down substantially for the se7 i got disappointed and i was juuuuuust about to post on here to whine about it too lol. However the more i think of it the more i get to appreciate them.

I'm level 32 A-spec and 37 B-spec and up till now now i've been trying to level up as fast as possible by grinding indy and it's just no fun. Then i started playing the new se and came to the conclusion that any new race is fun...not for the cr. and xp, but for the race itself and for the use cars that otherwise never come out of your garage. I guess it doesn't really matter whether i reach level 40 this week or in a couple of months from now, i will just race online and do the new events till i get there and enjoy the game the way way pd meant it instead of rushing through it...that way i will have some time for my other games as well! :)

To sum it all up...i get the people who are whining but i guess it's just a matter of perspective and how you wanne play your game.

OFF:

Almost all my friends are xbox fanatics so i could rly use some friends on PSN...my account is robinworldwide...also for trading!

It's a curious thread...

Next, of course, comes the inevitable question... if the Seasonals ARE perfect, why are you here instead of playing them? That's some quality seat time you are missing out on, buddy!But, in the back of most people's minds MUST be the nagging thought... Whether you like them or not, whether you approve of their format or payout or not, we just got 12 events that will be gone soon, while 400 events remain missing from GT5 compared to GT4, and this is doing NOTHING to rectify that.

You already KNOW...

That's curious reasoning? Are you saying that just because he took a break from the events, or finished them, they must be rubbish?

As to the OP's question: people have an idea as to what 'their' ideal event is like, if PD misses this ideal by even one iota they will moan about it.

You make the mistake of taking the criticism in isolation when it's really a symptom of people not liking the general game flow (or lack of). I for example couldn't care less for the lessened xp payout and never being able to reach level 40 if it weren't the case that the content i want was gated behind that magical number. As things stand now i will be lucky to get to the Le Mans 24 hours.

I just don't get the PD defence force. To me the early SE's where there to make up for a flawed xp and cr system and GT5 needs alot more to save a-spec. I have played and enjoyed all the GT games up untill level 30 of gt5. After that the game just starts feeling like a chore insted of a fun game!

Can anyone explain to me how I'm suposed to have fun getting 20 million credits to drive one of the rarer cars? And how am I ever going to get to the levels needed to do one of the 24h races ( not that I'm ever going to do them)

The first 2 SE's where great but was nothing more than a patch to make up for a bad game. SE7 is just boring even when I used underpowered cars. I have been doing that before the SE's even came out. Am I complaining when I can beat ferrari enzo's and other supercars with my 250 hp CR-Z on the nurburgring gp, or is there no challenge in this game? Grinding Indy to get credits is not a challenge? And thats the problem with this game.

I would not mind the minimal amount of credits and xp you get if this game had something to challenge you but there is no challenge! The SE's where the only fun way to earn the more expensive cars. All I can do now is give in to duping.

It seems to me that people enjoy complaining about things, no matter what PD do there will still be someone who complains about it. It makes me laugh when Iv'e seen comments from complainers that they are the majority who play this game so they must be right. For one there is no proof that they are the majority, if the majority of this site are complainers that doesn't mean anything as not every GT5 owner will be signed up to it.

Oh yeah, out of 10 people if 9 of them say one thing and 1 person says another it does not mean the 9 are right because there are more of them.

I just don't get the PD defence force. To me the early SE's where there to make up for a flawed xp and cr system.
Personally I think that they were planned before the game came out but didn't make the release, that's why it seems like the system is broken.

Grinding Indy to get credits is not a challenge? And thats the problem with this game.

I can honestly say I haven't had to do this in A spec, in B spec I have had to many times but that's another matter.

Seasonal #1 where the best IMO, not everyone could gold them unless you custom tuned your car to the track...this way X2010 noobs sucked at at. As to where people that took there in tuning the suspenion, top speed & ect, would gold them.

Well I for one preferred the the huge payouts because I don't play enough to earn massive amounts of credits via A-spec mode, and certainly won't be "grinding" for credits.

The seasonals were just a source of credits to me, nothing more.

When I saw the range of events for 7, I hoped it would be a way for me to able to afford, finally, the F2010.

I do not understand what all the gripes are about SE7. First of all, everyone wanted new A-Spec events, and thats essentially what these are. The prizes are in-line with them, and they can be replayed too. PD even included some limitations to play by, but they're not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to. It gives you the option, which is a suggestion many people had. There's even an oppurtunity to use those F2007 and F10 cars that cant be used anywhere else. We haven't got any new events in two weeks, yet theres more complaining then ever. So even with all these good things, whats the gripe? I for one enjoy them, but to each his own I guess.

👍

Nobody seems to be considering yet that what they've done with this SE is put in new interface screens.

There is nothing to say "This is the new format of Seasonal Events". It may be that this is just this weeks events and nothing to stop us from having a mixture of lower payout A Specs which can be run over and over and higher payout one offs.

I hope this works...

Anyway somebody with more skill and a wheel would destroy these supercars...

Last edited by a moderator:
Whining and bitching about cool and new free updates as cherry on cake?
Crying if they miss one week of providing us free SE events?

Next up, standard cars will get converted to premium and these little whiners will still be crying about it because there is a stitch missing in the cockpit view or it's not their favorite car.. boo-freaking-hoo.

PD could have said, this is it.. we are done, GT5 is done and no more updates and SE events/upgrades.. they did not, and still people find the courage to cry about things they are given.. shamefull really.

So agreed OP, great thread and hopefully this will tone down the "cry when we get something for free" sentiment a lot more.. some people are just never happy and always find something to bitch about.

Next up, standard cars will get converted to premium and these little whiners will still be crying about it because there is a stitch missing in the cockpit view or it's not their favorite car.. boo-freaking-hoo.

PD could have said, this is it.. we are done, GT5 is done and no more updates and SE events/upgrades.. they did not, and still people find the courage to cry about things they are given.. shamefull really.

So agreed OP, great thread and hopefully this will tone down the "cry when we get something for free" sentiment a lot more.. some people are just never happy and always find something to bitch about.

Or we could just not buy gt6? PD put the SE's in there because a-spec mode is lacking. They first tried to cover that up with having the bad xp system. Don't get me started on the standard cars. I can live with the fact that 800 cars don't have a cockpit view, but atleast have somewhat good looking exteriors! Am I suposed to thank PD for paying 60 euro's on a game and cars with jaggy textures?

We have every right to complain and PD should start listening to the people that buy their products!

I totally agree with everything but the part where you say people are whining about the missing events last week. PD posted that there would be updates every week and if they do they should stick to their promise. If for some reason they can't make it that's fine too, but i think they should've posted a msg to let people know. You're def right when you say ppl are just never happy though! ;)

If there's one bunch of people on this earth who truly know the meaning of the phrase;

"You can't please all of the people, all of the time"

its Polyphony Digital.

Though most of the time it must be
"You can't please anyone any time" :sly:

Or we could just not buy gt6? PD put the SE's in there because a-spec mode is lacking. They first tried to cover that up with having the bad xp system. Don't get me started on the standard cars. I can live with the fact that 800 cars don't have a cockpit view, but atleast have somewhat good looking exteriors! Am I suposed to thank PD for paying 60 euro's on a game and cars with jaggy textures?

We have every right to complain and PD should start listening to the people that buy their products!

So when you buy a Kia Picanto, you are also gonna complain to Kia, that they didn't put a V8 inside?, or electric chairs with massage like a mercedes?

So when you buy a Kia Picanto, you are also gonna complain to Kia, that they didn't put a V8 inside?, or electric chairs with massage like a mercedes?

What kind of logic is that? That doesn't even make sense...

What kind of logic is that? That doesn't even make sense...

yeah it does.. you are complaining about the game, well you knew what to expect when you bought it. If you don't like what you see or will get, dont buy it.

PD is going the extra mile with all the progress they are making, like seasonals (FOR FREE), possible DLC and standard to premium upgrades.

Not buy GT6? what does GT6 have to do with the current state of GT5 and it's updates/upgrades and free content?

Once again, you are missing the point with your comments.. they have your money, they own you nothing.
So the point is, they don't have to upgrade anything or fix anything, but they do and even then people still complaint about the upgrades/free content.

Simply put, seperate the free content from the standard "stock" GT5 game.. your complaints about GT5 are valid, but they don't have a lot to do with the free content. you act like they are compensating for the stock game with these upgrades and that it's not good enough compensation.

Not buy GT6? what does GT6 have to do with the current state of GT5 and it's updates/upgrades and free content?

Once again, you are missing the point with your comments.. they have your money, they own you nothing.
So the point is, they don't have to upgrade anything or fix anything, but they do and even then people still complaint about the upgrades/free content.

Simply put, seperate the free content from the standard "stock" GT5 game.. your complaints about GT5 are valid, but they don't have a lot to do with the free content. you act like they are compensating for the stock game with these upgrades and that it's not good enough compensation.

GT6 has nothing to do with GT5 but we both now that people will be more carefull when buying a new GT game. PD needs to sell GT and for that to happen the need satisfied custumors. Like I said before the xp and cr system are flawed and the first SE's were a patch to that. Explain to me how I can have fun getting an extra 7 million credits to buy the muira and I will shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are so many complaints on here, because everyone who is happy with SE7 are busy playing the events. Some of us just have to wait until we get home from work.

Back