Why the all whining about SE7?

• Thread starter heinz57
  • 107 comments
Because the rewards are super-lame. Even in GT2/GT3 you got more cash per race of same length.

They should've been added to A-Spec, as they aren't challenging at all, even in a vastly underpowered car.

The original structure was a lot funnier and got people to buy and race in cars they wouldn't have bought otherwise. Schwimmwagen and i-Miev, anyone?

But thumbs up for the F2007/F10 event. It was a clever choice from PD, although the AI is pretty bad.

i love the seasonals, but it would be realy funny if PD decided to cancel them because of all the negativity around them now.

be thankful that this game just wasn't released and left [although it would still be a good game]

You kinda hit you want to be fighting till the last turn but that is hard to do when all PD is telling you to do is just go grab any FR car that is in the 300hp area! In order to create a challenge they really need to say these tires this power and this weight basically exactly like the time trials.

Well maybe not all the people are willing to do wath I did, I just look at the typical opponents windows, I paid attention on the weight and HP and the kind of rivals (makers and models) went to my garage, took the car with similar weight-power and started using sport medium and that was all in the FR anf FF Challenge, for the 4wd challenge I used sport soft :sly:

Well maybe not all the people are willing to do wath I did, I just look at the typical opponents windows, I paid attention on the weight and HP and the kind of rivals (makers and models) went to my garage, took the car with similar weight-power and started using sport medium and that was all in the FR anf FF Challenge, for the 4wd challenge I used sport soft :sly:

I did them, but even so it is too easy. What am I supposed to do? For example, for the 4WD, I used a RS6 used cars, nothing tuned, not even oil changed. 416ch, about 1900kg, but even so it was way too easy.

Only thing I find a bit of a buzzkill is that we're expected to fork out over 12 million credits for a car then only get 100k back per 10 lap race. I can grind Indy faster and easier without having to hand over the 12 million for a car that only has very limited usage.

Other than that it's good to see the seasonals back for something new.

Only thing I find a bit of a buzzkill is that we're expected to fork out over 12 million credits for a car then only get 100k back per 10 lap race. I can grind Indy faster and easier without having to hand over the 12 million for a car that only has very limited usage.

Other than that it's good to see the seasonals back for something new.

This is the thing.. Your not expected to do anything. I still don't get why so many feel just because this race is there, they are being forced to buy one of these cars..

This is the thing.. Your not expected to do anything. I still don't get why so many feel just because this race is there, they are being forced to buy one of these cars..

It's called a time-limit buddy, now that all the other seasonals are closed how many people do you think will be able to make 12.5 million credits from 0 within the time this seasonal is open...I've only got to make another 1.5 million but that is still a couple of hours away if I earn non-stop.

And no i'm not at level 1, i'm level 35 and making millions is not an easy thing to do without the old seasonals...

It's called a time-limit buddy, now that all the other seasonals are closed how many people do you think will be able to make 12.5 million credits from 0 within the time this seasonal is open...I've only got to make another 1.5 million but that is still a couple of hours away if I earn non-stop.

It's called an optional race buddy.. you already know the pay out is no where near as great as the cost of the car.. So why bother if you don't already have the car, or have the credits to be able to afford it easily. no one is holding a gun to your head saying "do this race"

It's called an optional race buddy.. you already know the pay out is no where near as great as the cost of the car.. So why bother if you don't already have the car, or have the credits to be able to afford it easily. no one is holding a gun to your head saying "do this race"

Was gonna post a reply but forget it. All i'll say is I and thousands upon thousands of other people had or have no idea unless they know someone that had the cars or came here...

Was gonna post a reply but forget it. All i'll say is I and thousands upon thousands of other people had or have no idea unless they know someone that had the cars or came here...

Look i was never trying to be mean about it, i just stated that i really don't get why people feel they are being forced to spend 10-12.5mil on a car. You obviously knew what the payout was before you even posted here since it was in your original post on this thread.

There is absolutely no advantage to your game that you do this race or not, it is there purely to have fun. And fun it is ;)

Cool now take your oh-so perfect punctuation, grammar and lack of lingual understanding elsewhere. The fact I used 'expected' has no meaning of compulsory. Obviously I am 'expected' to buy the car if I wish to do the race aren't I...

If I had not known the rewards and didn't visit this site I would have no idea of the rewards and just blow the money on the car based on previous seasonal events in which I could buy said car and then still profit off the races for them, now there is no profit and no incentive to buy the car unless I wish to use these races as my Xp gaining races which in all likelihood won't happen considering they will be gone in a week or two.

Cool now take your oh-so perfect punctuation, grammar and lack of lingual understanding elsewhere. The fact I used 'expected' has no meaning of compulsory. Obviously I am 'expected' to buy the car if I wish to do the race aren't I...

If I had not known the rewards and didn't visit this site I would have no idea of the rewards and just blow the money on the car based on previous seasonal events in which I could buy said car and then still profit off the races for them, now there is no profit and no incentive to buy the car unless I wish to use these races as my Xp gaining races which in all likelihood won't happen considering they will be gone in a week or two.

LOL, thx for the laugh. It was greatly 'expected' that you would post here still thinking you have to buy this car and trying to insult my intelligence or something along those means, you failed by the way heh.. as most immature people do.
Now please lets here more about all the sacrificed time you had to put into grinding for it again.

You know...back in the old days, when a game was released it was all you got. It was never patched or added to in any fashion. That was back before they started bubble wrapping people at birth.

Back in the old days you never used to get games with so many bugs that needed patching.

The Seasonal Events were ruined when they removed the restrictions in week 3. Week 7 is the best since then because it took a refreshing approach without making you rich and experienced for no good reason.

alfredchiwai
OP, you are whining too.

Yes I am, but not about SE7 which is what ticks me off. People complain about the lack of in-race saves, missing "on-the-box" content, and the ability for the museum to cripple your game save, but I don't get mad at them because you know what? Those are legitimate gripes. Somebody (either PD or Sony, I don't care who) should pull their head out of their ass and realize that 99.9% of rational people don't want to sit in front of a TV for 24 hours straight and play a game for virtual money. That's ridiculous, and hopefully will be adressed in 1.06. But people moaning about free content is just ridiculous. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Like someone said earlier, they are under no obligation to provide any more content (unless they want a good rep). But even so, if they came out with GT6 without ever giving us any new Seasonals or updates, I bet plenty of saps (me included) would flock out to their local electronics mart and buy it anyway in hopes that it's better. But thats another issue entirely. Nonetheless, I think it's a good game, definetly better than not playing GT at all. I think sometimes we (again, me included) focus more on the negative than the positives.

Have to say firstly, GT5 out of the box is amazing value for money, and I've certainly got my money's worth out of it so far. (Level 30 A-spec with no grinding or cheating)

Having said that, if PD are going to bother with the seasonal events, I'd like to see two types:

- Race format, but only one car allowed, stock. PD's big problem for this one is that it takes a lot of testing to settle on a format that will allow the best players to just beat the challenge. Can understand why they allow tuning, which puts the game-play balance decision back in the hands of the player.

- Time trial, again a specified car, stock. Now this is easy to implement and I don't understand why PD don't do it. It's a pure test of driving and isn't that what the game is supposed to be about??

actually i really like the big prize money, before the 7th seasonal event but well it's my opinion.

Back