Why the big earnings in Seasonals?

• Thread starter Sofo
  • 39 comments
Denmark
Copenhagen
Sofo2409
Not a GT6 specific question since it was the same in GT5, but i'm wondering.
Why are earnings that small in offline races, and that huge in Seasonals?

I also think that's unbalanced. But as we have no power over the way they do things, we kinda just gotta go with the flow I guess, lol.

Have no clue honestly. But it's not a bad thing either.

That's not the only issue where logic fails me?

With such small earnings, how is any one going to afford cars that are worth millions? Maybe they should've been much lower. For eg. 130,000.

PP in career races doesn't make sense as we don't get paid extra for using a car with a lower PP than the AI cars.

Anyway, all this can be rectified as patches or upgrades will only make the game better.

Could it not be something as honest and simple as wanting to encourage players of GT to be part of the online community? Either directly by competing online against others, or somewhat indirectly by participating in Seasonal Events, maybe a lot of people complete the challenges and don't like online lobbies?

I haven't raced online with GT6 yet, but still feel a part of the community by racing against the clock, and friends times in the seasonal events. If this is where PD have put the prize money on purpose then who knows their motivation?

Because Kaz loves you. :cheers:

But really...those are Holiday kinda-anti-micro-transactions specials with big payouts - it's also written in the game itself

"Enjoy those special seasonal events with increased payouts"

So - I'm pretty sure after those special one's are gone the payouts will be lower.

GT6 suffers the same GT5 inconsistant economy for no apparent reasons. On the other hand, those big money seasonals proved the "PD forcing us into micro transactions" theory wrong.

I wouldn't say it proved anything, other than that PD listens to its customers. We complained loudly, and they listened. That Sony was pushing for big spending is not a question at all. It's pretty damned obvious that was their intention with the vast disparity between earnings and costs. We simply stank more than Sony's greedy little bean counters and so PD gave us some extra loot.

Btw, there are no earnings if you beat your own best laptime. Only if you achieve a better trophy.
Wasn't that different in GT5?

Btw, there are no earnings if you beat your own best laptime. Only if you achieve a better trophy.
Wasn't that different in GT5?

To be honest, I don't quite remember, (had to take a several month hiatus from gran turismo to focus on other things), but I don't think things have changed with respect to time trials. Seasonal races, yes, many had repeat payouts, but time trials I *think were single purse events, subject to the same rules we see in some of the GT6 events including the TT seasonals.

To be honest, I don't quite remember, (had to take a several month hiatus from gran turismo to focus on other things), but I don't think things have changed with respect to time trials. Seasonal races, yes, many had repeat payouts, but time trials I *think were single purse events, subject to the same rules we see in some of the GT6 events including the TT seasonals.

Are these rules specific to time trials? I never tried any of them in GT5 because there were lots of races.

As far as I can remember...There may have been time trials that paid out on multiple attempts but I can't remember any. As I recall, most were one shot deals. Once you got the whole purse, you were done. I mean, otherwise those of us who tune would clean up. I'd just fill my bank account in a few laps. Considering I've driven hundreds of miles on Superlap2 with well better than gold times consistently (working toward s getting below 1:17.4xx in my Megane right now) , methinks my bank account would have reached limit long ago.

2 possibilities:
1. PD doesn't care about their microtransaction crap aka they love you.
2. They raise the flag early after 20m cr glitch.

The 6million pay out are due to Christmas season. The New Year's seasonal will also have a increased payout. I suspect the seasonals after those two will pay less.

So, you don't get any cars when you finish seasonal events, just money?

I got the cars finishing Bronze, but when i reenter there are no fees when i beat my bronze timings. I assume i have to advance to silver or more to get payed.

I got the cars finishing Bronze, but when i reenter there are no fees when i beat my bronze timings. I assume i have to advance to silver or more to get payed.

So every seasonal event gives a car as a prize?

Are these rules specific to time trials? I never tried any of them in GT5 because there were lots of races.
The GT5 Seasonal races were repeat payout. The GT5(and now 6) Time Trials are a single payout per level(Gold, Silver, Bronze). Rewards in the time trials and seasonal races for GT5 involved Gift cars(rarely) but mostly paint chips, horns, and racing suits/helmets. GT6 rewards are currently only paint chips( and the BMW M4/Mario Andretti gift cars). However, we must keep in mind, all the Vision GT cars will be gifted as well.

So every seasonal event gives a car as a prize?
You can only earn the money for gold, silver, bronze one time. If you get bronze you have to get gold or silver to get another payout, and if you gold it the first try you will get the money for gold, silver, and bronze all at once.

I think they just want you online because there is where money is to be gained. I could not come up with any business model right away; but for sure a computer is much more easy to ignore than another human being. Just speculation; it could be for instance the invisible 'chassis reinforcement' you pay for that just makes your car this much more stable in an online environment so you can show off you are the best driver. Not many would do this against the computer and then not tell they bought the reinforcement; but then online, some would?

IN SHORT: The general thought behind the online-forcing, which is bluntly there, is to gain more money.

...IN SHORT: The general thought behind the online-forcing, which is bluntly there, is to gain more money.

Maybe, but in the past three years, all they've really gotten out of me is the purchase of a car DLC and a track DLC, and of course, GT5's successor, all three of which I would have purchased one way or another. I haven't paid a nickle extra for online use. Not sure how they're making extra money for me signing into PSN

Yes mate that's right. You get the car and bronze pay out when completed to bronze standard. No further payouts until you get silver.

Which leads me to think that it'd be better to get bronze, silver then gold for max KERCHING. But I'm not sure if it works that way.

One final question: The cars you get after you complete seasonal events are cars you can only get by completing these seasonal events?

One final question: The cars you get after you complete seasonal events are cars you can only get by completing these seasonal events?

Nope, you can buy them at the dealership, the credit payout is very tempting for golding though. Bronze is the minimum to just win the car. As of now, you can only get the Hudson and the M4, suggest doing both as the Hudson is 500k credits to buy, and the M4 100kish respectively. Saves you 600k credits and they pay you. Its like someone paying you to take their money.

Yes mate that's right. You get the car and bronze pay out when completed to bronze standard. No further payouts until you get silver.

Which leads me to think that it'd be better to get bronze, silver then gold for max KERCHING. But I'm not sure if it works that way.

Nope. When you get gold, you get the money payout for the gold time, the silver time, and the bronze time. When you get bronze, you just get the bronze payout. When you get silver, you get the silver and bronze payout. If you do them consecutively, bronze, then silver, then gold, you get the same amount of money because you're only still getting the payout for each one.

Also, *MOST* time trial events online DO NOT award you a prize car. At least they generally didn't in GT5. I believe the only ones in GT6 to do so have been the Hudson event and the M4 event. Might be forgetting one or two, though...

In GT5, the events you could do over and over for the payouts were the seasonal race events, not the drift or time trial events; those were one-shot deals with payouts for bronze, silver, and gold times only once each.

Nope. When you get gold, you get the money payout for the gold time, the silver time, and the bronze time. When you get bronze, you just get the bronze payout. When you get silver, you get the silver and bronze payout. If you do them consecutively, bronze, then silver, then gold, you get the same amount of money because you're only still getting the payout for each one.

Also, *MOST* time trial events online DO NOT award you a prize car. At least they generally didn't in GT5. I believe the only ones in GT6 to do so have been the Hudson event and the M4 event. Might be forgetting one or two, though...

In GT5, the events you could do over and over for the payouts were the seasonal race events, not the drift or time trial events; those were one-shot deals with payouts for bronze, silver, and gold times only once each.

There is the Redbull Jr and the karts

Nope, you can buy them at the dealership, the credit payout is very tempting for golding though. Bronze is the minimum to just win the car. As of now, you can only get the Hudson and the M4, suggest doing both as the Hudson is 500k credits to buy, and the M4 100kish respectively. Saves you 600k credits and they pay you. Its like someone paying you to take their money.

I do wish we could win more 15th Anniversary Edition cars by golding the 15th AE "super lap" events. My paltry garage of AE cars from Amazon really makes me wish I'd ordered from Gamestop instead. :) Ah well... no harm, no foul.

There is the Redbull Jr and the karts

True, but I'm thinking more of the events under the "Seasonal Events" banner. Good call, though.

Also, the Goodwood events and the Mission events give you some cars as well, if you gold them.

Back