Why the big earnings in Seasonals?

• Thread starter Sofo
  • 39 comments
@Kwicko actually I found myself not using the AE cars that much and I had the whole bunch of them from Gamestop. They were stuck with tuned exhausts and that made it sound bad, that and the color scheme was boring after a while. Used the 86 for a a few races and I went out and bought a new car. You aren't really missing out on much now that these seasonals are here!

The R18 could be very handy for this latest Super Lap event, but it also says it's the final one for the AE cars. I managed to beat it with the Viper, but it took a few runs to hold onto a clean lap under the gold time.

All these big earnings are one-shot.
For some reasons PDI doesn't want to give us "chase the rabbit" seasonals and get the money on every win.

Nope. When you get gold, you get the money payout for the gold time, the silver time, and the bronze time. When you get bronze, you just get the bronze payout. When you get silver, you get the silver and bronze payout. If you do them consecutively, bronze, then silver, then gold, you get the same amount of money because you're only still getting the payout for each one.

Also, *MOST* time trial events online DO NOT award you a prize car. At least they generally didn't in GT5. I believe the only ones in GT6 to do so have been the Hudson event and the M4 event. Might be forgetting one or two, though...

In GT5, the events you could do over and over for the payouts were the seasonal race events, not the drift or time trial events; those were one-shot deals with payouts for bronze, silver, and gold times only once each.

Cheers pal, was unsure!

I remember in GT5 that you could do the Seasonals over and over and still get paid....

There was a time when they were doing increased seasonal payouts, and I would do the Ferrari challenge often, as it was worth 330,000. That was awesome.... three races was almost a million credits!

I remember in GT5 that you could do the Seasonals over and over and still get paid....

There was a time when they were doing increased seasonal payouts, and I would do the Ferrari challenge often, as it was worth 330,000. That was awesome.... three races was almost a million credits!

Yup. So far, thought, PD aren't giving us those kinds of races as seasonals - just time trials with one-time payouts. Used to be you'd get a TT and a Drift Trial one week, then a set of races the next, and so on. Now it's just a TT every other week, so far at least.

I don't think the current pattern of a few TTs every other week is a permanent pattern; I expect race series to return in the new year. At least I sure hope they do!

Btw, there are no earnings if you beat your own best laptime. Only if you achieve a better trophy.
Wasn't that different in GT5?
No, you only got more money in tt if you got a better trophy. Once you get gold, no more money in tt.

Back