Why was the thread deleted?

• Thread starter V8XSeries
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
I'd be happier to know the reason why gtplanet decided to remove my thread without notifying me as to the reason why it needed to be taken down.

explanation would be good. 👎🤬

Your thread went into the moderation queue, as a new member making a post full of links tends to upset the site's anti-spam software a little.

On reviewing it, it seems to be a thread for a racing series you're running on a website that isn't GTPlanet that you want to recruit GTPlanet members for, and you require them to sign up for it on a website other than GTPlanet. Would that be correct?

Incidentally, this isn't the appropriate forum for this query.

you require them to sign up for it on a website other than GTPlanet. Would that be correct?

They can either contact our facebook page OR use the website, yes.

I've seen this been done on here before and it's never been removed though. So unless there has been a change in policy, I apologize.

They can either contact our facebook page OR use the website, yes.
Then that's advertising. You'll need to speak to our site owner, @Jordan .
I've seen this been done on here before and it's never been removed though. So unless there has been a change in policy, I apologize.
We do see it from time to time and I'm sure that, alongside those that have been authorised, there are occasions where we miss it. Yours was... difficult to miss as it went into the moderation queue :lol:

Yes, I know. That's the bit that makes it alright?
Not necessarily, though I do know Darin and have been on his show.

Although his thread there is clearly flirting with the lines of self-promotion, it does provide useful/interesting/relevant content for GTP users, so myself and the moderators are much more likely to let that slide. If you're just joining our community to say "hey, here's our thing, go join it and/or buy it", that's not OK.

Back