Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
Well, it got me to go to Lego's site and check out the Speed Champion sets, as I didn't know about them. I'm kind of wishing I had a relative in the recommended age to give me an excuse to buy and help build a set. And I just checked out other sets and Oh man there's an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander. I need to click away now.

As for the expansion pack, I'm thinking maybe. I'll wait to see how fun and involving it looks at release. I do think the concept fits with FH as a car-playground.

No way. The game needs more map to drive on. And the decide to go with lego, its even worse than hot wheels, if the keep doing this i thinking of stop buying the horizon games. They could have so Much better expansions like isle of the man or a drag expansion

At first when I saw the trailer I was like hell no, but After watching some gameplay it looks like it’s gonna be fun!

I can’t wait to play it! :D

I think the best idea would have been to make this a standalone expansion that is also purchasable as a game itself instead if being part of the Ultimate Edition.

Pretty much a key lesson though, Horizon has had kooky expansions for a while now...don’t preorder UEs on blind promises in the hope you get something that appeals specifically to you.

DSQ5f4O.png

Looks like there will be only 3 LEGO cars, possibly more real cars with the barn find?

Makes FH look like Far Cry which usually has a weird expansion.

Seems they want to make it a trend really, if it's indeed a trend at least I'll know what to expect in the future. But I maintain Lego doesn't mix well with FH... And is in no way related to what the community wants (which is more cars, more customization and beautiful real-world locations).

I wish Microsoft had the guts to release a Forza Lego game. Filling the void this year with Lego could've been a good thing. Instead we get it as FH4 expansion which limits its potential and creates friction with the base game, much more than Hot Wheels itself I'd say.

Lego sure don't mix well with the standard Forza, real cars in Lego world looks weird, I would prefer it to be micromachines to be honest. At least the toy cars still looks close enough to the real cars in comparison to Lego.

A proper standalone game on Lego Speed Champions will be better than this, Lego has enough cars made and should be enough fill up a small game like the FH2 Presents: Fast and Furious.

This is the fresh breath of air that FH4 needs. Just another “Fortune Island” copy (or London or whatever city copy) would be rather boring.

Looks absolutely great IMO, can’t wait to play it. And that’s coming from a 43 year old.

Since it's a separate world, it's of no consequence to my enjoyment. That being said, what most disappoints me is that resources that could have brought extra cars in an extra pack were instead used for modelling ugly, awfully limited versions of cars.

I don’t think car modelling took that much resources for this expansion. Bricks are about the easiest shape to model and since the cars are made of mostly the same components I’d be surprised if a car took more than a day to complete.

DSQ5f4O.png

Looks like there will be only 3 LEGO cars, possibly more real cars with the barn find?

Pfffft, I should of known. A lot of people that have the ultimate edition of the game are already regretting their use of the money now. If that's only 3 cars, then there is really no point. The fact they somehow did not include the Chiroc Technic, boggles my mind. GG, no re.

Pfffft, I should of known. A lot of people that have the ultimate edition of the game are already regretting their use of the money now. If that's only 3 cars, then there is really no point. The fact they somehow did not include the Chiroc Technic, boggles my mind. GG, no re.

I doubt the Chiron Technic was ever planned for it since it is build around Lego Speed Champions series, Lego do have a Chiron in Speed Champions too:

41UvHb973JL.jpg

Well they should give us at least ALL Speed Champion models. 3 Cars?! Give me a break!

Looks like a big Lego advertising so far which should propably be free. The nerds are already looking for the Speed Champions cars and propably buying some...

Well they should give us at least ALL Speed Champion models. 3 Cars?! Give me a break!

Looks like a big Lego advertising so far which should propably be free. The nerds are already looking for the Speed Champions cars and propably buying some...
I’m sure the DLC will have more than just 3 cars. The remaining cars are probably still to be revealed during the next days, there is a Forza monthly E3 themed stream almost daily. But perhaps the other cars are normal cars, not Lego.

Its not for me. Personally I find building Lego therapeutic and I enjoy the Lego style of humour, so I'm not a Lego hater. A stand alone Lego racing game featuring proper Lego minifig style cars and not the weird looking Speed Champions (917 is perhaps the old decent looking car in the line), with building of the cars would have been epic, but mixing with Horizon as basically an aesthetics palette swap is just a bit meh. Horizon used to be about getting Forza Motorsport, taking it on the open road and making it a bit more relaxed and forgiving, now its like its trying to be a Fortnite Kart Racer. I preferred Horizon when it was about great roads and great cars, now its just drift, Ken Block, going 300mph, 1000ft jumps and product tie-ins and while the former is still there it seems to be taking a back seat.

I guess I hoped for more great driving roads, Fortune Island severely disappointed, I thought it a would be full of switch back roads but there was only one. Also despite being half the size of the main map, its road density was very low and uninteresting. Forza's maps never have any truly great driving roads and are too small and I always hope that's what the expansion will rectify, so I guess that is why I'm disappointed rather than it being Lego. Same story with the Hot Wheels expansion and this comes from someone who has a large collection of 1/64 die-cast and Lego.

The cars just don't work for me, I can't see why I'd want to drive the Lego version over the regular ones either.

I’m sure the DLC will have more than just 3 cars. The remaining cars are probably still to be revealed during the next days, there is a Forza monthly E3 themed stream almost daily. But perhaps the other cars are normal cars, not Lego.
I am worried that the "normal car" is locked.
Yes, like Fortune Island.
Many of the cars leaked so far, such as Venturi Atrantique, Mercedes-AMG Project One, DAF TurboTwin X1, Aston Martin Valkyrie, Peugeot 405 T16, have been very attractive.
I'm afraid that these cars are locked behind stupid challenges.
And like the Saleen S5S or Koenigsegg CC, they never give us the opportunity to re-obtain these cars because of "low user engagement".

I feel like Forza LEGO would work perfectly fine as a standalone game. Setting FH4 in Great Britain had great potential for cool expansions about their history or car culture and they wasted it.

Personally I learned my lesson after blindly pre-ordering the expansion pass for FH3 and not enjoying the Hot Wheels add-on. Maybe it's just me, but I expect immersion from the Forza Horizon games. I can launch Trackmania if I want to have some silly fun in fantasy environments.

How exactly does one please a community that can't make up it's mind on what it wants? You make it sound like there is a consensus on what the community feels should be the focus, but it's not even close.

Considering the community can't even make up it's mind on what it wants (Other then the most recent or highly requested supercars to drop) that seems like an ever shifting goal post, no?

I'm perfectly aware that they cannot please everyone at once. Every car pack has proved this over and over again. However, can't we agree that Fortune Island was a more honest attempt at making an expansion for the broader Forza community at large?

That doesn't mean you have to go and bash the one you didn't chose.

I think people are just speaking their minds out of personal preferences.

And you can drive the Senna in the base game. I wasn't aware that the LEGO expansion was going to remove the base cars and replace them with LEGO versions of them?

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

However, can't we agree that Fortune Island was a more honest attempt at making an expansion for the broader Forza community at large?

No more than this LEGO expansion. People really need to grasp that the Forza "community" that posts online is only a small part of the player base. The casual players that the Hot Wheels and LEGO expansions are aimed as is much larger even if they don't frequent online discussions about the game.

I think people are just speaking their minds out of personal preferences.

There's a time and place though. For instance, a thread about a Forza Horizon expansion is probably not the best place for a FM7 Vs. GTS racing gear debate.

The possible prospect of LEGO cars appearing in existing car divisions, and thereby in events on the base game map makes me sick. It would be the final nail in the coffin to confirm that Forza Horizon has become a sellout without much pride in its roots.
If only there was some system in place that allowed you to individually select what cars you want to be eligible. 💡

Back