Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
Two things:

1: Is it really any different then what was present in the Hot Wheels expansion, with the loop-the-loops and boost pads?
2: What is this 'something else' PG should have spent time on for the second expansion? Because I have a very good feeling that if they came out with yet another thing like Fortune Island, where the general racing is still the same as the base game, people would have been raking them over the coals anyway.

Hot Wheels and Lego have very distinct visual styles. Hot Wheels has always had a basis in the real world to some extent and scaling that up could be done without messing with the visual style of the game too much. The cars still look like cars and you can put them in to the main game without it looking odd. Lego, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb. All of a sudden you have these ugly blocky cars flying about the map and minifig characters cheering you on. Just look at the trailer, the Lego cars really stick out in amongst the regular ones. I just hope they keep the Lego stuff totally separate from the main game.

Regarding what they could have been working on, that's not for me to determine. I just wish it were something besides Lego.

Hopefully there's some form of totally custom car/track builder, otherwise, what's the point of doing LEGO?

Ultimately I think the point is to make LEGO fans play Forza and vice versa. Mutual benefit is basically why these brand collaborations happen. Making most of the Forza community happy across the board was clearly not the priority.

Making most of the Forza community happy across the board was clearly not the priority.

How exactly does one please a community that can't make up it's mind on what it wants? You make it sound like there is a consensus on what the community feels should be the focus, but it's not even close.

I hardly play on one console, let alone two.

That doesn't mean you have to go and bash the one you didn't chose.

Ultimately I think the point is to make LEGO fans play Forza and vice versa. Mutual benefit is basically why these brand collaborations happen. Making most of the Forza community happy across the board was clearly not the priority.

I was half-joking there, but that is a fair point.

As for 'making most of the Forza community happy,' I was actually kinda surprised by the backlash the expansion got, especially considering how universally-liked LEGO is, but I guess it's not for everyone.

Ultimately I think the point is to make LEGO fans play Forza and vice versa.

I know at least for myself, not going to speak for everyone, as a Lego fan I want to build with them. Not seeing that at all so far. Defeats the whole purpose of what Lego is.

I didn't bash GT though.

It's what @TS050 was talking about though. Lots of people can only choose one brand of certain items and while most people are happy with their choice and let other enjoy theirs, some second guess their decision and feel the need to bash whatever option(s) they didn't select in order to confirm their decision. I've never really understood it, since it's not like PD, T10, SMS or any other company is ever going to reward you for your loyalty.

I was half-joking there, but that is a fair point.

As for 'making most of the Forza community happy,' I was actually kinda surprised by the backlash the expansion got, especially considering how universally-liked LEGO is, but I guess it's not for everyone.

Lego is pretty nice. But this is Forza. Real life cars in real life environments. Hot Wheels was already pushing it due to the tracks.

We bought Forza to drive the Senna, not its Lego version (which is unfortunately very ugly).

Another problem is that there's 600-something cars in the game and well, I'd like to see them all as Lego, but we'll only get a few. So what's the point really? The real cars don't mix with the Lego world and vice-versa.

Making most of the Forza community happy across the board was clearly not the priority.

Considering the community can't even make up it's mind on what it wants (Other then the most recent or highly requested supercars to drop) that seems like an ever shifting goal post, no?

Lego is pretty nice. But this is Forza. Real life cars in real life environments. Hot Wheels was already pushing it due to the tracks.

We bought Forza to drive the Senna, not its Lego version (which is unfortunately very ugly).

And you can drive the Senna in the base game. I wasn't aware that the LEGO expansion was going to remove the base cars and replace them with LEGO versions of them?

For those of you who care about this garbage but not enough to be on the actual Forza forum....:rolleyes:
Screenshot_20190610-025705_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-025718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Must say, it's dissapointing. But not because of OMG CHILDISH like most of comments here.

Its literally a LEGO skin for existing cars. The tracks is like normal map but with LEGO aesthetic, no real gameplay and complete atmosphere change at all.

Hotwheels expansion in FH3 did it better. I'm sorry.

The Senna is ugly in real life too, not that surprising that a version made out of Lego wouldn’t be any better

For those of you who care about this garbage but not enough to be on the actual Forza forum....:rolleyes:View attachment 827008 View attachment 827009

An account made today, a username that directly relates to the expansion, and that profile picture? And you’re apparently 30?

Find something better to do, man. This isn’t a good look for you.

I do like Lego and their Speedchampion series but as a Forza DLC it sure looks weird as hell. I wonder are we getting any proper cars in this DLC or just 10 Lego variant of those cars.

LEGO barn find eh?

I guess we'll know more in tomorrow's stream, but I'm on the fence with this. I don't hate it, but I definitely feel like something based around Goodwood would have made more sense considering the launch setup.

Oh well.

Remember the fact that this was an E3 trailer, which is most of the time a lot different than the launch trailer. When it's launch day, we'll most likely see a new trailer for it with more stuff.

Remember the fact that this was an E3 trailer, which is most of the time a lot different than the launch trailer. When it's launch day, we'll most likely see a new trailer for it with more stuff.

Plus, I'm fairly certain that the meat of the expansion will be shown off at the Forza Monthly stream coming up, correct?

The lego expansion is something that seems interesting to some, and I do express interest in it, and do have some not so positive feedback (like the car not being a technic) but I feel that this whole thing is a pretty good example of...

People expecting too much in games.

We're kinda in that stage where all these specific cars =/= gud game, and it's a bit nice to see that we get cars outside of expectations.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, I'm fairly certain that the meat of the expansion will be shown off at the Forza Monthly stream coming up, correct?
Let's hope so, so everyone on both here and on the FM Discord would cool their jets and stop jumping to conclusions before it's even released.

I mean, I will wait for more info to be revealed this week leading up to the release before making a full judgement. However, I just don't really care for what I'm seeing so far.

:lol: Interesting concept, but not sure if it's what the game needs. I just got the Ultimate Edition a few days ago and I am already bored of playing this game. The lack of custom championship blueprints, the horribly convoluted season events, the exclusion of some cars, all the cars that have been locked, the step backwards on sounds, and so on.

I miss how the map and events were organized in FH3. This new map is so freaking messy! I feel like they purposely made the progress very slow to somewhat extend the life of the game, but it did the opposite for me.

On the positive, the game plays surprisingly well! Great physics with wheel. It also runs flawless now that they finally patched the crash on launch. I also love the new axle width mod.

But yeah; this? No thanks.

I do like Lego and their Speedchampion series but as a Forza DLC it sure looks weird as hell. I wonder are we getting any proper cars in this DLC or just 10 Lego variant of those cars.

Makes FH look like Far Cry which usually has a weird expansion.

Seems they want to make it a trend really, if it's indeed a trend at least I'll know what to expect in the future. But I maintain Lego doesn't mix well with FH... And is in no way related to what the community wants (which is more cars, more customization and beautiful real-world locations).

I wish Microsoft had the guts to release a Forza Lego game. Filling the void this year with Lego could've been a good thing. Instead we get it as FH4 expansion which limits its potential and creates friction with the base game, much more than Hot Wheels itself I'd say.

Back