Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
Why hone the physics and release this? How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this. Im not downloading this crap.
You're playing video games and making comments like this? :lol: Hone their physics? You're acting like they're aiming to be a tip-top simulator. If something as simple as this would make you ashamed if you played it, than you probably have some real life issues that you should be getting sorted out. It's not the end of the world if you like it. :rolleyes:

And I'm differently not buying the ultimate edition next time.. Tomorrow there will be S2 lego minis with drift tunes flying up the highway. Cheers.
Sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what happens. Either way, buying anything upfront without knowing what you're actually buying will always be a bad idea.

And that changes what about the question asked? Why only pick on one side as if what you said is the only thing happening. You're completely ignoring things to try to make a point against something, all the while failing to acknowledge that it very much wasn't as one sided as you're making it out to be.

Oh, so exactly what was said, you're ok with the asinine comments with the other side of the spectrum just because it falls in line with your viewpoint. Gotcha 👍

I've lost track of this because it's frankly not that interesting, so excuse me for not knowing how to answer the question. Long story short, I was triggered because some people repeatedly use snarky sarcasm to make a point against criticism.

I don't have a problem with people making their opinions heard when it comes to product feedback, and not only when said opinions fall in line with my own viewpoint. It's not like I necessarily agree with all the criticism, and what you find "asinine" I might find spot on.

This looks cool, I'm hyped. Has potential to be the best Horizon expansion thus far.

Those who want "realism", might want to look at other racing games. Horizon already has a hot wheels tracks, cars from halo and final fantasy, and races against a hovercraft.

This looks cool, I'm hyped. Has potential to be the best Horizon expansion thus far.

Those who want "realism", might want to look at other racing games. Horizon already has a hot wheels tracks, cars from halo and final fantasy, and races against a hovercraft.
I don't think most people are looking for realism, but believability.

I've lost track of this because it's frankly not that interesting, so excuse me for not knowing how to answer the question. Long story short, I was triggered because some people repeatedly use snarky sarcasm to make a point against criticism.
I know that's what you did, I've acknowledged as much. How you're not able to answer a question asking why you choose to go after one side of this spectrum as if it's the only thing going on(when it's not), as well as ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the people that aren't fond of this expansion are doing just as much, if not more, is beyond me though.

I don't have a problem with people making their opinions heard when it comes to product feedback, and not only when said opinions fall in line with my own viewpoint. It's not like I necessarily agree with all the criticism, and what you find "asinine" I might find spot on.
What one's did I find asinine?

The problem being you're ignoring all that fall in your viewpoint. For every snarky comment made in "defense" there are just as many on the other side that are doing just as much. It's like you're purposely covering your eyes. Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend this is just one sided.

I don't think most people are looking for realism, but believability.
As if not only speeding and racing across Britain public roads with traffic lingering around and without getting chased by police but also having huge festival around it isnt "believeable" enough.

As if not only speeding and racing across Britain public roads with traffic lingering around and without getting chased by police but also having huge festival around it isnt "believeable" enough.
Ofcourse that's believable, it could happen, it's just not very realistic.
Now Lego people driving arround in Lego cars is something you can't and wouldn't ever see happening in real life.

I know that's what you did, I've acknowledged as much. How you're not able to answer a question asking why you choose to go after one side of this spectrum as if it's the only thing going on(when it's not), as well as ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the people that aren't fond of this expansion are doing just as much, if not more, is beyond me though.

Elaborating the question helped. The reason is that snarky sarcasm is the only thing I have a problem with.

What one's did I find asinine?

You tell me. It was a hypothetical comment inspired by you using that word in the first place.

The problem being you're ignoring all that fall in your viewpoint. For every snarky comment made in "defense" there are just as many on the other side that are doing just as much. It's like you're purposely covering your eyes. Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend this is just one sided.

I'm not ignoring or pretending anything. We're all in the same boat "against" Microsoft in the sense that we expect them to deliver our money's worth. If anything, some people seem to pretend this isn't the case. In theory the forum is ultimately one-sided because we're all consumers, which is also why snarky replies achieve absolutely nothing for our collective interests. However, theory is not always working out in practice and that's essentially the only problem I can see thanks to people defending the expansion with a counterproductive attitude. It's like a football match where some players on the team deliberately pass the ball to the opponent for no good reason at all.

Elaborating the question helped. The reason is that snarky sarcasm is the only thing I have a problem with.
Yes, I realize that. You're not ok with snarky sarcasm against an opinion you have, but why that's the only thing you're focusing on is beyond me, when like I've mentioned for the umpteenth time, it's not just isolated to those that are in favor of this expansion. I just find it odd to focus on one side, not only for that, but also because what you said wasn't the only thing actually happening.

ou tell me. It was a hypothetical comment inspired by you using that word in the first place.
Then if you didn't know what I found asinine, I'm unsure how you can comment on it. So post labeling insinuating those that like it are kids, or a post stating anyone over 21 years old should be ashamed playing this are those are two that I find asinine, that you may find to be spot on?

I'm not ignoring or pretending anything. We're all in the same boat "against" Microsoft in the sense that we expect them to deliver our money's worth. If anything, some people seem to pretend this isn't the case.
You are, if you're going to keep trying to single out the whole thread and act as if the only defense for the game have been snarky sarcasm.

In theory the forum is ultimately one-sided because we're all consumers, which is also why snarky replies achieve absolutely nothing for our collective interests.
Neither do calling people children. Or insinuating people should be ashamed if they like this if they're adults.

However, theory is not always working out in practice and that's essentially the only problem I can see thanks to people defending the expansion with a counterproductive attitude.
So that counter productive attitude is only unacceptable for those against the game?

I don’t think car modelling took that much resources for this expansion. Bricks are about the easiest shape to model and since the cars are made of mostly the same components I’d be surprised if a car took more than a day to complete.

I don't think you know exactly how much work modeling requires. Even if the cars are technically made of simple shapes, they still have an incredible amount of polygons. Round shapes need a lot of detail to hide the polygons.
Then there's the texturing, rigging for the animations and then repeat for every lower level of detail, then whatever else they had to do. As simple as any car looks, it's weeks worth of work at the very least.

A day's worth of work is what PS1 Gran Turismo games took. And even then, having tried myself making one in one day, lemme tell you that it was a rush. I'd say it's a 3-day work when you're starting from scratch. And that's due to creating a texture. 2-3hours for the model, 1-2 hours to map it in a nice way then proceed to take hours to make a texture for it. And let's not forget once again, the levels of detail meshes.

All in all, I have no doubt a massive amount of work was put into this and I intent on enjoying it. What it looks like to me is that people are way too serious about this series, and need to chill out a little, or go play a proper sim. There's plenty around and I appreciate playground going for something else than what every one else does. If you're hurt about an expansion that you feel wasn't for you, then you shouldn't have gotten the ultimate edition in the first place. Or just ignore it.

Yes, I realize that.

Why do you ask me questions to which you already know the answer?

You're not ok with snarky sarcasm against an opinion you have, but why that's the only thing you're focusing on is beyond me, when like I've mentioned for the umpteenth time, it's not just isolated to those that are in favor of this expansion. I just find it odd to focus on one side, not only for that, but also because what you said wasn't the only thing actually happening.

For the third or fourth time, it has nothing to do with my own opinion.

Then if you didn't know what I found asinine, I'm unsure how you can comment on it. So post labeling insinuating those that like it are kids, or a post stating anyone over 21 years old should be ashamed playing this are those are two that I find asinine, that you may find to be spot on?

I said I might disagree with comments you might find asinine. Those examples I find odd too. No doubt FH4 was always a rather childish game, but that's the result of an underwhelming creative direction, and not a problem with adults enjoying it for what it is.

Neither do calling people children. Or insinuating people should be ashamed if they like this if they're adults.

True, but did anyone say such things before I asked the forbidden question? I should point out that this is a genuine question because you always seem to think I have some one-sided agenda. I only seem to remember that legitimate criticism was shot down with snarky sarcasm.

So that counter productive attitude is only unacceptable for those against the game?

Counter productivity is by definition unacceptable.

Why do you ask me questions to which you already know the answer?
Because I wanted to know if you ignoring it was intentional or not.

For the third or fourth time, it has nothing to do with my own opinion.
I never said it had to do with your opinion. Simply pointed out that those that share the same viewpoint at you seemingly get a pass about snarky comments, and you're only offended by it when it's directed at your side of the spectrum.

I said I might disagree with comments you might find asinine. Those examples I find odd too. No doubt FH4 was always a rather childish game, but that's the result of an underwhelming creative direction, and not a problem with adults enjoying it for what it is.
No you didn't. You said you might find them on point. Every single one of the comments I find asinine flow directly in the same vein as the ones I just mentioned. So what ones around those might you agree with?

If this is what makes FH4 childish, than it really didn't start with this game.

True, but did anyone say such things before I asked the forbidden question? I should point out that this is a genuine question because you always seem to think I have some one-sided agenda. I only seem to remember that legitimate criticism was shot down with snarky sarcasm.
Insinuations of childish have been floating around before your post, but most of them after the main article got posted onto the page. Either way, even before yesterday comments against the game have been just as ridiculous since the leak was announced. People going as far to say they're going to kill themselves. Most of the complaints have been less constructive, and some can't even be labeled as criticism, however, I'm not going to pretend that's the only thing happening, but you seem comfortable enough to do so.

Either way, that says nothing about the fact that what posted was individual instances, and not what represented what is actually happening as a whole.

Counter productivity is by definition unacceptable.
Then it's weird that you're only going to attribute it to those that you say are "defending."

Last edited:
Like shutting down the entire landmass of Britain indefinitely for a "festival that never ends", while multi-million dollar hypercars tear across open fields smash through stuff, and fly off jumps that would reduce your spine to a pile of dust?
Are you people that dense? Cars exist, humans exist, and England exists.
Therefore something like Horizon could very well happen in real life, eventhough it's very unlikely, but therefor it still comes over as believable.

The Lego part however, perhaps in another universe? It's like comparing Star Wars with Jason Bourne...

I’m guessing every car in the game won’t have a LEGO version. Is there a list of which cars will have a LEGO version of them?

Either way, even before yesterday comments against the game have been just as ridiculous since the leak was announced. People going as far to say they're going to kill themselves. Most of the complaints have been less constructive, and some can't even be labeled as criticism, however, I'm not going to pretend that's the only thing happening, but you seem comfortable enough to do so.

The salient point that should be taken. Where was this tut-tutting when people were making frankly insane comments about the LEGO expansion when the leaks first started to come in? Apparently it's bad now because some people are kind of tired of the frankly stupid (and arguably, fanboy bait going by the comparisons against GT Sport people have brought up in bad faith) comments being made and would like it if people would actually wait until everything is at least shown? Of course we're going to respond with biting sarcasm when people are saying they're gonna kill themselves, say that Playground are sellouts (Which is absolutely rich considering this is being leveled at a wholly commercial game studio, not an indie one) and a whole swack of general doom and gloom about this being the death of Forza or whatever.

I’m guessing every car in the game won’t have a LEGO version. Is there a list of which cars will have a LEGO version of them?

I don't think anyone knows yet. Chances are we will find out this afternoon during the live stream.

First and foremost forza has sim physics when using a dailed in wheel. I have pc2, AC, all FHs, and CCD. FH keeps up..

You're playing video games and making comments like this?

If something as simple as this would make you ashamed if you played it, than you probably have some real life issues that you should be getting sorted out.

Sounds interesting!

Yeah I'm playing "video games" and making comments like this. On a gaming forum,which seems like the right place to do so. Handle it

Now it's something wrong with my life because I would feel ashamed to play this crap. Picture me using a wheel in cockpit view. Rowing gears in a lego whatever. Using simulation damage. Give me a break..

Oh and you'd find lego cars on the mainland interesting? You dont care about any of this stuff.. you just want to argue to pass the time. I was really looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Now it's something wrong with my life because I would feel ashamed to play this crap. Picture me using a wheel in cockpit view. Rowing gears in a lego whatever. Using simulation damage. Give me a break..

Super serious sim racing, all the time. No time for some cutting loose and doing something interesting. /s

You dont care about any of this stuff.. you just want to argue to pass the time.

Mature.

Yeah I'm playing "video games" and making comments like this. On a gaming forum,which seems like the right place to do so. Handle it
No, I am handling it just fine actually. It's just completely ironic that you're going to play games, something a lot of children do, and pretend like it's any different than playing with these things that "we should be ashamed of." :lol:

No, I said that because you said others should feel ashamed that they're playing with something that you don't like.

Ok, I pictured you playing video games, what next?

Oh and you'd find lego cars on the mainland interesting? You dont care about any of this stuff.. you just want to argue to pass the time.
Oh nice crystal ball you have there! :lol: Where did I say I don't care about any of it?

You're right though, I do argue against things I personally find ridiculous.

Point taken
Point taken
And..
I said you argue/troll to pass time. Not because you actually disagree, which I'm sure your post history reflects.

Point taken
Point taken
And..
I said you argue to pass time. Not because you actually disagree, which I'm sure your post history reflects.
Try quoting someone if you're responding to them, it's the least you can do.

No, what you said is that I don't even care about any of this, so please, show me where I said that. However, yeah you're right, my posting history does show me responding and discussing against people saying ridiculous things.

Back