Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
The possible prospect of LEGO cars appearing in existing car divisions, and thereby in events on the base game map makes me sick. It would be the final nail in the coffin to confirm that Forza Horizon has become a sellout without much pride in its roots.

Cmon, it's not exactly what I desired either but it's just LEGO. I think this is unneeded hyperbole.

After watching some gameplay, I’ll admit that it looks a little fun. But I doubt three LEGO cars are going to keep me playing for any more than I don’t know, seven days?

I’m seriously struggling understand the appeal of blockier versions of pre-existing cars. It’s incredibly childish in my opinion. I honestly would’ve much preferred a quality of life update that focused on improving the car sounds, updating the models, improving the menu design (things that players actually asked for) and so on.

As stroppy as I may sound, I want my $140 back. I paid for a complete, working game with meaningful and quality content and so far I don’t believe I’ve received that. Being a Forza fan since 2009 with FM3, it’s frustrating to see how weak the two most recent entries in the franchise have been.

And yes, before anyone asks many of Forza’s models are in serious need of an update. I think this picture exemplifies that quite well.
https://images2.imgbox.com/b5/33/afbsivcD_o.jpeg

No more than this LEGO expansion.

Ok, we disagree.

People really need to grasp that the Forza "community" that posts online is only a small part of the player base. The casual players that the Hot Wheels and LEGO expansions are aimed as is much larger even if they don't frequent online discussions about the game.

It's worth pointing out that my definition of the Forza community is vague like "everyone who regularly plays the game". Those repeatedly posting online about it are more like Forza fans, even though they arguably represent the real community.

I honestly believe expansions like Hot Wheels and LEGO are more divisive among average Forza Horizon players than expansions like Blizzard Mountain and Fortune Island. The latter feel like natural continuations of what Forza Horizon stands for by default.

There's a time and place though. For instance, a thread about a Forza Horizon expansion is probably not the best place for a FM7 Vs. GTS racing gear debate.

Sorry, I wasn't realizing that comment originally was a response to a different poster on another subject.

I agree on that.

If only there was some system in place that allowed you to individually select what cars you want to be eligible. 💡

Clearing seasonal events is pretty much all I'm doing at this point, and I'm quite certain these aren't eligible for blueprinting.

Last edited:
The gameplay video looks better than the hotwheel expansion. I don't know how long this expansion will be fun, but i am looking forward to it :)

Edit: I wish this expansion would have an car & track build editor. Would be amazing to build your own cars and track details.

I've got to say, I'm really disappointed with this. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Lego. I've got way too much off the stuff that I've collected throughout my childhood which I can't bring myself to sell. But this... I just don't really see Playground's logic. We get some new roads which is always good, but why would I want to drive the exact same cars I already do expect they look like the designer left his glasses at home? Obviously we'll have to wait for tonight's Forza monthly, but it doesn't even look like we can build our own cars - which would be the main selling point of a Lego expansion.
To paraphrase someone on the Forza forums said - "I like fish and I like chocolate, but that doesn't mean I want chocolate-coated fish."

Three cars sure doesn't sound like a lot for an expansion that's supposed to be the biggest one a Horizon game yet had.
Do they maybe mean that it will only have three LEGO cars built after real cars, with fantasy cars getting thrown into it as well? The Hot Wheels expansion also had cars based on classic Hotwheels instead of real life cars.

Dude, that looks FUN. I like the little bits of genuine humour thrown in too, like having them re-do the intro to the base game. I also like that instead of physical damage, actual bricks just fall off your car.
Jack's thoughts are on the dot.

The possible prospect of LEGO cars appearing in existing car divisions, and thereby in events on the base game map makes me sick. It would be the final nail in the coffin to confirm that Forza Horizon has become a sellout without much pride in its roots.

lol

The hyperbole continues.

Because snarky sarcasm is like the epitome of passive aggressive behavior.
And that changes what about the question asked? Why only pick on one side as if what you said is the only thing happening. You're completely ignoring things to try to make a point against something, all the while failing to acknowledge that it very much wasn't as one sided as you're making it out to be.

It's debatable whether some comments are justified or not. My tolerance for what disappointed consumers might say is quite high.
Oh, so exactly what was said, you're ok with the asinine comments with the other side of the spectrum just because it falls in line with your viewpoint. Gotcha 👍

I am really, really disappointed by this expansion. For someone that didn't want a Hoonigan (like rumours were saying months ago) or Hotwheels 2.0 expansion, I actually think I would have preferred these two instead of Lego.

Don't get me wrong, I had Lego in the past and these were mostly cars, and even if I sold them to focus on my hotwheels collection (and I don't even have the expansion related in FH3) I don't think it was the good time to release an expansion like that when people complain about a lot of things that were better done in previous games. And as some of you said before, even I like both Lego and Forza that doesn't mean I want it:banghead:

From what I've seen, the "normal" cars seems way to big for the Lego world and I think they could have put a more realistic approach of Lego cars (Mini exists in Lego creator, Senna in life size, Bugatti Chiron that's functioning,..) but because I've paid for it (unfortunately, PG, you use our money oddly) I'll try it.

So what did I wanted? I don't really know but some new realistic roads to discover and refresh the game, focusing on Europe or only Great Britain, with adding cars people actually want (yeah I'd like some "new supercars blah blah blah" but not only those, look at my car packs in the appropriate thread) and some new features...

I am really, really disappointed by this expansion. For someone that didn't want a Hoonigan (like rumours were saying months ago) or Hotwheels 2.0 expansion, I actually think I would have preferred these two instead of Lego.
I get that a lot of people don't like it, but to have gotten the exact same DLC expansion as the last the game and being ok with it rather than giving LEGO a chance, just sounds extremely odd to me. The alternative really doesn't make sense, in my opinion. You're fine with wasting your money to get something which was already done before in a different game, but are less inclined to waste money on something new at least?

I'm not even fully on board with the expansion, but I'd never want to get a rehashed expansion from a game I just played prior to this. How is it more tolerable to spend money in that way?

I enjoy PG’s system of giving us one (mostly) realistic expansion like Blizzard Mountain and Fortune Island, and one (mostly) unrealistic expansion like Hot Wheels and LEGO. No, they aren’t grimserious expansions with the latest bleeding edge hypercars. They’re a different way to have fun with cars that don’t take themselves too seriously. All you need to enjoy them is a sense of humor.

I enjoy PG’s system of giving us one (mostly) realistic expansion like Blizzard Mountain and Fortune Island, and one (mostly) unrealistic expansion like Hot Wheels and LEGO. No, they aren’t grimserious expansions with the latest bleeding edge hypercars. They’re a different way to have fun with cars that don’t take themselves too seriously. All you need to enjoy them is a sense of humor.
Amen :)

Why hone the physics and release this? How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this. Im not downloading this crap. And I'm definitely not buying the ultimate edition next time.. Tomorrow there will be S2 lego minis with drift tunes flying up the highway of the mainlands. Cheers.

Last edited:
I’m pretty indifferent about this expansion. I’ll take the time to play and complete it, but I’m in no rush for Thursday to get here. Hopefully in the end, it will be as fun as the Hot Wheels expansion. I had a good time with that.

But wow, the absolute meltdown on the Forza forums and Reddit is a sight to behold.

Last edited:
How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this.
“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis, On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature

I am 56. I am not at all ashamed to admit I am looking forward to this.

Why hone the physics and release this? How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this. Im not downloading this crap. And I'm differently not buying the ultimate edition next time.. Tomorrow there will be S2 lego minis with drift tunes flying up the highway. Cheers.
Well, aren't you a big manly man?

There are people, adults older than 21 who live the lego life, and in no way are they childish.

I'm 23 and I still tinker around with lego. Does that make me childish? No.

Exactly, yet some people here just don't want fun. :rolleyes: That's why to me, the racing genre is becoming more and more of a boring place because some prefer the same boring junk. That's what happens when you lack imagination.

I guess Playground Ganes should copy PD advertising strategy and made this expansion slogan as:

"JOIN THE LEGO RACE, FROM AGE 7 TO 77"

Why hone the physics and release this? How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this. Im not downloading this crap. And I'm differently not buying the ultimate edition next time.. Tomorrow there will be S2 lego minis with drift tunes flying up the highway. Cheers.

I'm 32 and have thousands of dollars worth of Lego sets. It's a fun hobby for my wife and I to do together while watching TV and way more entertaining than a jigsaw puzzle. As soon as my son gets older, he'll get Lego sets too and I'll be right there on the floor with him building anything and everything.

And that's bad how?

Latest Posts

Back