Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
I have kids, and we loved the Lego movie and of course, that song. But 24 hours of it!? :eek::odd::scared::crazy:
I agree.
The Lego Movie was a great movie, but after listening to it on this radio on 24 hours, I would not be able to see this movie with the same emotions as before.:guilty:

The one thing I don't like is the inclusion of a circuit, but that has nothing to do with LEGO. When Horizon 2 released, how many of us saw Monza as a real possibility? A circuit you can drive up to and arrange a track day with your friends but it never happened. I feel like it happening now with LEGO is kind of a disservice to the series.

Sounds a bit more dramatic than intended, but I'll hold out hope this is a prototype for what's coming in FH5.

The one thing I don't like is the inclusion of a circuit, but that has nothing to do with LEGO. When Horizon 2 released, how many of us saw Monza as a real possibility? A circuit you can drive up to and arrange a track day with your friends but it never happened. I feel like it happening now with LEGO is kind of a disservice to the series.

Sounds a bit more dramatic than intended, but I'll hold out hope this is a prototype for what's coming in FH5.

The only way they can properly do a circuit is if it’s a fantasy circuit like now with Lego. If they would do a real life circuit the scale of the circuit would not match with the scale of the map and it would be very difficult if not impossible to do it right. Including the circuit itself, the grand stands, the access roads etc for something like Monza.... there would not be much left for anything else on the map. It would also not be aesthetically pleasing to have such a big chunk of the map being a circuit.

I’m happy with the Lego expansion, it looks great to me. And I’m also happy we do get a circuit with different ribbons now. Who knows what the future will bring, since the FH2 airport was so popular it has been a recurring theme for newer FH games. If the devs find out from the game logs that we play the heck out of the Lego circuit.... who knows what will be possible with future FH games on the next gen consoles.

Yes. In terms of content, most people want real cars, real customization and real roads to drive on. And by "most people" I refer to various social media I take part in, including but not limited to Discord, Reddit, YouTube...

Nowhere did I see any request for wacky content aside from the most casual amongst the casual, that is, people who treat Forza as something they do every now and then just to get "teh cheevos" and fool around.

The most requested map for FH4 was Japan by far. That's a real map with real stuff in it. There wasn't even any talk of Lego until the recent leaks.

I don’t think the Forza community wanted Lego and I do understand that the majority of us are not excited about it.

But if you look at it from a broader perspective, look at the overwhelming positive feedback the Lego trailer from E3 had from outside the Forza community. YouTubers Laymen Gaming were excited about it and for iJustine it seemed to be the game she was most enthusiastic about from the entire Microsoft E3 show (where Gears of War 5, Halo Infinite and Cyberpunk 2077 were also introduced). Granted she’s probably not the hardcore gamer most of us are (certainly not a racing gamer) but people on this forum really should see the bigger picture here. The Forza & LEGO marriage in DLC2 will make a lot of new people interested in the game that otherwise would not have picked up Forza. And for us veterans it sure is a fresh breath of air as well. When was the last time you were on Fortune Island? For me I only played it 1-2 weeks after release and never gone back. It’s just “more of the same” and you get bored with it fast. We don’t know yet how long the novelty of the LEGO expansion will stick, but you certainly can’t say it’s not something very different from the main game.

2 years ago I was very sceptical about the Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 but after giving it a try it became my favourite FH expansion to date. I don’t think LEGO will dethrone Hot Wheels but it sure is a strong candidate to become my second favourite FH expansion, taking that place from Blizzard Mountain.

But if you look at it from a broader perspective, look at the overwhelming positive feedback the Lego trailer from E3 had from outside the Forza community.

It has been very well received from outside of the hardcore Forza community from what I've seen, which is potentially a very good business move as it opens the game up to a wider audience. You also have to consider that the amount of people who play the game on Game Pass is likely fairly substantial so they would benefit greatly from DLC that has a wide audience.

I still think it looks arse though.

Pretty sure the wall between them already exists, and it's called literally being two different game franchises.

The Hot Wheels cars and wacky driver gear in FM7 scream of Horizon to me though. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of people love this stuff and I'm not even saying they shouldn't, it's just not the direction I personally hoped the series would take.

The Hot Wheels cars and wacky driver gear in FM7 scream of Horizon to me though. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of people love this stuff and I'm not even saying they shouldn't, it's just not the direction I personally hoped the series would take.

Can't speak to the racing suits, but I suspect the Hot Wheels cars just came over because Turn 10 said "well, we already did all of the work on these new cars that technically exist in real life, so why not throw them in FM7? People who like them will like them, and everyone else will just ignore them."

So I'm reading the huge 36 page thread over at the official forums, some are "offended" that Lego cars will show up on the mainland. Huh? The mere sight of Lego is outrageous?

Don't the drivatars change based on the car you choose? I've never seen Hot Wheels cars driving around, unless I drove one. Now this is on Horizon Solo, obviously if I connect online, then you can't tell others what car to drive around in.

So what am I missing here?

So I'm reading the huge 36 page thread over at the official forums, some are "offended" that Lego cars will show up on the mainland. Huh? The mere sight of Lego is outrageous?

I have to say, it'd be a bit immersion breaking to be taking a leisurely stroll through the British countryside in my Triumph Spitfire and be overtaken by a car made of LEGO blocks. That being said, other "fantasy" cars such as the Regalia or the Warthog don't seem to show up in the hands of Drivatars, and I imagine it will be the same with the new LEGO cars.

Interesting tidbit: On Inside Xbox, the guy from Playground actually mentioned that they put the circuit in this expansion because they had heard from the community that they wanted a real circuit in a Horizon map (paraphrased, as I'm going from memory here).

So at minimum, they are AWARE that their community wants this, which I suspect could influence their planning stages for the next game. Especially if they are able to do much larger maps due to the new hardware, and the scale of a circuit no longer looks out of place.

On one hand, I see your argument, on the other, I see licensing issues. But then you don't need to have a license for a fictional circuit you came up with. If they were to add circuits to FH4 (or any other Horizon for that matter), PG can look into the FM catalog of fictional circuits, especially some that haven't seen the light of day since the first game. Just an idea.

I see a pattern in the expansions for the Horizon series. They always start with a new map that adds extreme weather and another where you can just have fun.

Don't the drivatars change based on the car you choose? I've never seen Hot Wheels cars driving around, unless I drove one. Now this is on Horizon Solo, obviously if I connect online, then you can't tell others what car to drive around in.

Cars are serious business. Also, something immersion blah blah *car list with oldest model being maybe 3 years old* yadda yadda people complaining for kicks.

Ruined immersion for the base map and Fortunes Island when those cars pops up seems like a fair criticism, those Lego cars will looks really weird running around there.

Though Porsche did have one of the Speed Champions car build to real life scale:
porsche-930-lego-03.jpg

To be fair I'd also find this a little annoying if it happened, I'd much prefer it if Lego cars stayed within the Lego expansion. I can't see that being the case though, people are going to want to use them online and stopping that will frustrate players who have paid for the DLC.

Side note: I hope they add an "Everything is awesome" horn.

A recent tweet suggested it would be released in two hours (1800 Brit time). I'm guessing having the live stream go up just before that was a strategic move...

Back