Will PD add more F1 or Single seater cars?

• Thread starter GiordySays
  • 34 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If PD are reading this add more F1 cars from the 2017 season (Red Bull and Ferrari) and other single seaters from other categories. Imo the single seaters in this game are fun to drive and are a great challenge.

At best they may add the Formula GT... I dont think they care enough about other eras to add other F1 cars and they cant add any more modern comtemporary F1 cars due to FIA (now Liberty Media) restrictions.

Kaz liked the ‘66 AAR Eagle Indy Car enough to give it the GT Award @ pebble beach. So that means he has some inkling to add it to the game. (FYI Indy cars were almost identical to F1 back then)

With Hamilton’s involvement I wouldn’t be surprised to see another one of his winning Mercedes show up. It’d be neat to get one of his McLarens but who knows how possible that is. Additionally since the Adrian Newey/Red Bull X1 collab I’ve wondered if getting some sort of Red Bull F1 cars would ever be in the cards. Obviously it hasn’t happened after three games, but the car (and I would assume the collaboration given the branding) has been renewed and refined on multiple occasions, the 2019 competition being the latest. I’m not sure if the Ferraris in GT5 could make a return, one because Mercedes may not want a competitors car, and also because I believe the F10 is in F1 2019 and could be under lock and key as far as licensing goes. With CM’s role in developing the F1 games I’m not sure if we’ll be able to get multiple cars from the same season.

Outside F1 I could see Igor’s F3 car, if not a base model F3 car similar to how the SF19s were handled. There’s also been that ongoing rumor of Formula E.

Formula E is pretty much a lock... remember there was quite a buzz maybe 3 patches back!

If they had to I'd rather they give us a Formula Renault which featured either V6 or V8 race motors? I dont care too much for four cyl. versions and given we already have the SF19... with GT Sport such a big thing in France it would make them very happy. I'm pretty sure France is one of the top 5 PD markets.

Most likely candidates are the Formula-E and the old Indy from Pebble Beach. Would love to see more vintage F1 cars in the game though, but I'll take whatever comes along :D

Will they add the daft moon buggy back?

Either question is as answerable really, nobody knows. Why not post this in to one of the millions of 'Update speculation' threads?

I second Igors F3 car that would be awesome!
and maybe F2 as well? Although I hear they are very similar to the new SF cars with maybe less aero.
Any Indy car would awesome as well!
What about super karts those things are absolutely nutz.
Formula gt and maybe those old mazda rotary powered open wheelers they ran at laguna years ago.
Also the original X2010 fan car!

A new F1 car wouldn't be unlikely due to their connection with Lewis. 'Though, it could just be nothing more than a sticker on his cap.

Remember the widely announced Reference Laps? We haven't got any of them since 1½ years and it never even got a second episode.

For me the whole essence of Gran Turismo is "sports" cars in its widest sense so I dont think single seaters have a place in the game at all. I would love to see more GT3 cars and also some classic racing cars from the 60/70/80's. Porsche 917, Ferrari 312P, Alfa Romeo T33, McLaren M6 & M8, Lola T70 etc etc

For me the whole essence of Gran Turismo is "sports" cars in its widest sense so I dont think single seaters have a place in the game at all. I would love to see more GT3 cars and also some classic racing cars from the 60/70/80's. Porsche 917, Ferrari 312P, Alfa Romeo T33, McLaren M6 & M8, Lola T70 etc etc

This. proper Group 5 cars too, they would be amazing.

Here were my ideas:

-Consolidate both versions of the SF19 into a singular group, simply called Gr.SF19. But that said, is there not a way that Daily Races/Championship Races can technically be Gr.X, but still permit both SF19 cars?

-Bring back as many Formula-styled cars as possible, going back to GT3. This includes both made-for-game cars like the Formula Gran Turismo, but also the two Ferraris from GT5, and the Williams & Honda cars from GT3. With the exception of the GT3 cars, which could be consolidated into a group for F1 cars of the 1990s, they'd all be in Gr.X. Or, alternatively, perhaps only the cars from GT3 that also represent different F1 seasons could return. At any rate, I think I'd like to see as many automakers be represented as possible throughout F1, versus teams that aren't necessarily automakers. So this could still mean a ton of automakers, even including Bugatti.

-Formula E is coming, we know that much, but I'd hope Extreme E is coming as well. I also wonder if just the base chassis would be coming, (wherein Spark Racing would be an automaker in the menus) or if it'd be decked out in a team's livery and you'd buy it from that respective team's dealership. (E.g. Porsche, Venturi, Citroen)

-I also would love to see a Formula 3 car be added - perhaps Igor Fraga's recent car, which had that Gran Turismo-themed livery, could come to the series?

-Ideally, I'd like to avoid a situation where you can have cars from a given class, but put into Gr.X because it has no similar cars, or worse, put into Gr.X despite having similar cars like the SF19. So I'm thinking we could see a return of the various F1 cars from throughout the series (though I'd be 100% fine seeing the Formula GT be added to Gr.X, being a made-for-game car) and they could each represent a different season of F1. This way, their inclusion in Gr.X is justified, as they're different from each other on purpose.

-Similarly, I wouldn't mind the karts returning, either, but only the ones with lights, as I don't think they differ much from their similar but light-less versions.

Remember the widely announced Reference Laps? We haven't got any of them since 1½ years and it never even got a second episode.

I thought we've been having various FIAGTC contestants doing them? Though that said, I'd love to be able to download their ghosts at any time, if we can't already.

There is no problem in order to create generic 2018 F1 car or even older one... But why they don't do that is another problem.
Current F1 cars are very quick. But they aren’t particularly engaging to drive or conducive to good racing.

Super Formula is the ideal ‘top level’ single-seater. Lightweight, ample power. The next single-seater we need is something like an F3 car. Still very quick but offers better online racing.

The lack of formula cars is probably down to licensing. PD would have to pay, perhaps a great deal of money, to have them in the game.
Outside F1 & Indycar. Formula cars are probably the cheapest licenses available. Most are built by race constructors who can’t demand the fee’s major OEM’s can.

Last edited:
Here were my ideas:

-Consolidate both versions of the SF19 into a singular group, simply called Gr.SF19. But that said, is there not a way that Daily Races/Championship Races can technically be Gr.X, but still permit both SF19 cars?

PD can manually select eligible cars, they’ve done it in the past (recently too) where there’s a smaller selection of a larger N class, like JDMs on Suzuka or Tsukuba. There’s no reason they can’t do the same with the SFs (it’s bizarre that they’re only using one at a time), so there’s no reason for the to consolidate to one car.

Back