Will the Japanese GT4 release before the NA Ver?

• Thread starter rathead
  • 12 comments
I think "no". But as long as the European version is amongst the first to be released, I couldn't care less.. :D

PD is hoping for a simultaniouse orld wide release but if that fails the European version will be first which is a promise by KY apparentley

Originally posted by Famine
I think "no". But as long as the European version is amongst the first to be released, I couldn't care less.. :D

Trust me, the Japanese version has always been released first. Although the gap between releases was real short for GT3. So it won't make much difference, but I still want to be able to tackle the non-understandingness of the Japanese version first. It's sort of a tradition with GT games with me.

Edit: Whaaaaa? European realease first! now that would be decent. Then they wouldn't have time to edit all the hidden cars out this time. :D

Well... I DID say "amongst" - I'm hoping for the simultaneous worldwide release.

PD are acutely aware of the serious slating they got for the relative shafting PAL users got last time, so it wouldn't surprise me. Mind you, they'll probably end up giving us bug-ridden 1st build... :D

Originally posted by Famine
bug-ridden 1st build... :D

Seeing you mentioned that, i've noticed a few oddities with the Japanese GT3 I picked up a month ago. Like a couple of times my car seemed to be sticking to the wall, but I was still moving forward at an angle but with very little grip, tyres smoking like anything. Mind you I saw the AI do the same thing as well. :odd:

If you need any translation help - or a ride in the Diablo - I'll be round Tuesday :D

This happens occasionally in my version - depending on impact speed and angle - it's especially noticeable if you mess up the corner before last at Tokyo - sharp left-hander between barriers? If you catch the outside rail hard, you can stick there...

It would be great if all 3 areas(Japan,USA,Europe) got the game at the same time. What I want to know is why PAL games won't play on an NTSC PS2 and why NTSC games won't play on a PAL PS2. And why Japanese games won't play on a USA PS2. All PS2 games should be playable on any PS2 system. I can't remember what the reason is for 'regional lock-outs'. I think XBOX was planning on having no regional lock-outs.

The games are region coded so you can't buy a cheap Japenese PS2 in Japan and then bring it back home and expect to play NTSC games on it. People avoid it by using mod chips that bypass the region-lock-outs.

Back