will there be any motorcycles in gt7

I don't think having cars and motorcycles at the same time in game that calls itself a simulator is a good idea. Just imagine online. But having them separate from cars may work. I'm not fan of them but it would be something cool to have.

Why? Cars and bikes drive on streets and highways together all the time. Online, it can be optional. Just like PP and class separations. Cars only, bikes only, and then cars and bikes/open/free. I don't see how more options is an issue.

You're right, it may work but people have to be fair-play online or it will be a mess with cars driving into motorcycles.

I'm one of the crazy people who think "the more vehicle types, the better".

Honestly, the sky's the limit.... Wait, we've already been to the moon. Oops! The sky's not the limit! Except our civilization hasn't advanced to the point where there's space racing, so I guess the sky is still pretty much the limit regardless of what celestial body's sky it is.

I am not even joking here. Boats (I'm genuinely disappointed that was an April Fool's joke), planes... I say bring it! So of course I'm gonna say hell yes to bikes in GT.

Nothing against you guys on Page 8, but this game can't even handle the car portion of this game all that well. Why even ask for more as these other racing games are showing you 1000+ cars is completely unnecessary unless made necessary which hasn't been the case since GT4.

You're right, it may work but people have to be fair-play online or it will be a mess with cars driving into motorcycles.

Or, if cars driving into bikes is a problem for you, than you can make your room "Cars Only" or "Bikes Only". But if you enjoy the challenge of out maneuvering cars on a bike, or the challenge of out pacing bikes in a car, it may bring an exciting change of pace to GT. There could even be certain challenges with select car/bike combinations to pair off against each other (like time trials, license tests, etc). And an auto d/q for contact made. And with the right group of people online, I'm sure fair and clean race sport can be had.

Nothing against you guys on Page 8, but this game can't even handle the car portion of this game all that well. Why even ask for more as these other racing games are showing you 1000+ cars is completely unnecessary unless made necessary which hasn't been the case since GT4.

Because Tourist Trophy and the GTHD demo has already showcased that GT can handle bikes, and cars with bikes simultaneously. And the same way NASCAR is separated from Rally in-game, bikes can be separated from cars.

Last edited:
.....Something to mule about.

yamaha-4-wheel-hybrid-motorcycle.jpg

Not a photoshop. It's an Yamaha Tesseract. And it's gasoline/electric hybrid. Imagine that.
It'd be cool to race this alongside more conventional autos....

I agree. Obviously they have to tighten up the game car-wise, but if they can do that and also add in new vehicle types, then I'm all for it.

And from my perspective, it looks like they're on track to do that. Aside from sheer lack of A-spec races, the biggest problem with the car portion of the game is the awful sounds... which they've made some strides in fixing with GT6, and have hired talent to go even further with it.

Last edited:
I'd prefer it if they stripped back the game to its GT1 core and fixed what's wrong with it rather that adding yet more crap to it and leaving it with the same problems it has now.

It's certainly possible on a technical level, obviously. Other games have done it, and TT and GT4 were on the same engine.

But I again have to ask:
the GTHD demo
What do you keep seeing in that proof of concept demo (for a concept eventually abandoned) that supposedly no one else can see?

Last edited:
Or, if cars driving into bikes is a problem for you, than you can make your room "Cars Only" or "Bikes Only". But if you enjoy the challenge of out maneuvering cars on a bike, or the challenge of out pacing bikes in a car, it may bring an exciting change of pace to GT. There could even be certain challenges with select car/bike combinations to pair off against each other (like time trials, license tests, etc). And an auto d/q for contact made. And with the right group of people online, I'm sure fair and clean race sport can be had.

Because Tourist Trophy and the GTHD demo has already showcased that GT can handle bikes, and cars with bikes simultaneously. And the same way NASCAR is separated from Rally in-game, bikes can be separated from cars.

I never played either game, but as of right now GT is at a state they haven't been able to handle for than one type of racing for quite some time(if ever).

GT3 more so than GT4 was the only time I truly loved Rallying in that game, and again these other racing games that have come out shown that you don't need even more than 50 cars honestly in a game.

My only reason for saying that is I want GT7 to go back to basics instead of "HEY PUT LASMDSON%#$@#!#@$DOSANDSOSNDOASNMLS!!!! HERE!"

Scale it back get s*** corrected put out a good game instead of HEY! let's just add-on to what we got and 🤬 IT!

But I again have to ask:

What do you keep seeing in that proof of concept demo (for a concept eventually abandoned) that supposedly no one else can see?

The first working build of motorcycles and cars on track together in Gran Turismo. If you can't see it, let me help you...

I never played either game, but as of right now GT is at a state they haven't been able to handle (more) than one type of racing for quite some time(if ever).

I think you'd be in the minority if you're saying what I think you are... Understand, not everyone plays (or played) Gran Turismo for the reasons that you do. And they would be alienating a whole bunch of fans if they focused on what is insignificant to the "majority". If PD cut back on NASCAR, NASCAR fans would be pissed. If you're a fan of WRC, you're already feeling the burn from the lack of good rally courses. Again, this line of thinking is very selfish imo.

GT3 more so than GT4 was the only time I truly loved Rallying in that game, and again these other racing games that have come out shown that you don't need even more than 50 cars honestly in a game.

Again, speak for yourself. I always find myself wanting for a motorcycle in The Crew. A Supra, Evo, GTO Twin Turbo, RX-7, WRX, Skyline, or GTR in DriveClub. And considering all of the foreign locations within, and the inclusion of a free "Buggy" DLC, some rally courses would make a welcomed addition. Project CARS may seem alright for now, but let's see what kind of staying power it has a year or so from now. Hopefully the car a month thing takes the edge off, but for how long?
[Edit] Before someone takes what I said out of context, as I know someone will be looking for the opportunity, when I say "staying power", I mean "replay value". Not ability to produce a sequel, which is the general term. But have fun nit-picking anyways.

My only reason for saying that is I want GT7 to go back to basics instead of "HEY PUT LASMDSON%#$@#!#@$DOSANDSOSNDOASNMLS!!!! HERE!

"Back to basics" is a very personal thing imo. As the basics for you are not the basics for me, and it will differ again to the next GT fan. So, yeah, I feel your pain, but your story is not mine. I like GT for what it does right, and variety is a plus to me. Something worth improving. Not reducing.

Last edited:
The first working build of motorcycles and cars on track together in Gran Turismo. If you can't see it, let me help you...
I'm well aware of the E3 demo. That's in fact the same demo where the screenshots that were discussed on the prior page were in relation to/sourced from, after you brought it up to posit the theory that PD have been making Premium bikes this whole time. I don't see anyone ever asking "can the GT series technically make use of content made for the same engine as a GT game", so why do you keep acting like a 9 year old PS3 tech demo for a game concept Sony publicly dropped amidst sizeable controversy holds so much sway on the series in the future?

This is the second time you've brought it up to go alongside a point about PD's future intentions for the series that it simply existing doesn't really prove, so I'm still curious what you think the purpose of GT:HD was supposed to be after you asked the same thing of others on the previous page.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the E3 demo. That's in fact the same demo where the screenshots that were discussed on the prior page were in relation to/sourced from, after you brought it up to posit the theory that PD have been making Premium bikes this whole time. I don't see anyone ever asking "can the GT series technically make use of content made for the same engine as a GT game", so why do you keep acting like a 9 year old PS3 tech demo for a game concept Sony publicly dropped amidst sizeable controversy holds so much sway on the series in the future?

This is the second time you've brought it up to go alongside a point about PD's future intentions for the series that it simply existing doesn't really prove, so I'm still curious what you think the purpose of GT:HD was supposed to be after you asked the same thing of others on the previous page.

Don't know what you mean by what it's "supposed to be", but to me it's simply proof that it's possible. And could even already be in the works.

Don't know what you mean by what it's "supposed to be"
Pretty straightforward:
What do you think was the purpose of GT:HD? Why do you think they held off on it?
What do you think the answers to those questions are?

Because if it's this:
but to me it's simply proof that it's possible.
Then, sure. There never should have been any doubt of that in the first place, but yes, GT:HD is proof of that.

But if it is this:
And could even already be in the works.
Then no. A nine year old tech demo that was a bunch of ported assets from a game that released just a few months prior and was publicly cancelled anyway immediately after is not proof of continued development of the ideas in said demo; not does the existence of the 9 year old demo show that PD knew how to solve the worries raised about how to put the two vehicle types together at the same time and keep things fair.

I think you'd be in the minority if you're saying what I think you are... Understand, not everyone plays (or played) Gran Turismo for the reasons that you do. And they would be alienating a whole bunch of fans if they focused on what is insignificant to the "majority". If PD cut back on NASCAR, NASCAR fans would be pissed. If you're a fan of WRC, you're already feeling the burn from the lack of good rally courses. Again, this line of thinking is very selfish imo.

Again, speak for yourself. I always find myself wanting for a motorcycle in The Crew. A Supra, Evo, GTO Twin Turbo, RX-7, WRX, Skyline, or GTR in DriveClub. And considering all of the foreign locations within, and the inclusion of a free "Buggy" DLC, some rally courses would make a welcomed addition. Project CARS may seem alright for now, but let's see what kind of staying power it has a year or so from now. Hopefully the car a month thing takes the edge off, but for how long?
[Edit] Before someone takes what I said out of context, as I know someone will be looking for the opportunity, when I say "staying power", I mean "replay value". Not ability to produce a sequel, which is the general term. But have fun nit-picking anyways.

"Back to basics" is a very personal thing imo. As the basics for you are not the basics for me, and it will differ again to the next GT fan. So, yeah, I feel your pain, but your story is not mine. I like GT for what it does right, and variety is a plus to me. Something worth improving. Not reducing.

No that's not a miniority I think it's a proven fact that GT has for lack of a better word "garbage" at this point. Go into any thread, ask anyone who truly keeps up with the series like that, and you can even ask people that aren't bias either way saying the same.

If I'm a NASCAR fan I'm pissed already with the way it was handled I played both GT5/GT6 I remember that part pretty well, and remember how much I hated it too. In fact I've been on the record in older threads calling Nascar/WRC both half-a** attempts to implement them.

I'll tell you now Project Cars will have more staying power just because it's finally that kind of game that's pushing the racing genre forward. Look before I ventured outside I was a GT/Midnight Club/Need for Speed that was my entire racing line-up, or at least majority. Once I got into the Codemasters games GT looked like child's play Bulls*** to me, and even I'm beginning to realize that not all Codemasters games are simulation, but it's done exactly what I've asked pretty D*** well.

I just re-read your edit heck if that's the case what staying power does GT5 or GT6 have I don't want to re-start with micro-transactions LOL!, and it was already a snoozefest for me regardless.

I'd prefer it if they stripped back the game to its GT1 core and fixed what's wrong with it rather that adding yet more crap to it and leaving it with the same problems it has now.
This makes it seem like there are only two options. "Fix" the game, or add more "crap".

It doesn't even begin to cover the broad and subtle ways in which the game / series / PD's product strategy could evolve moving forwards. And that's before we look at the subjective nature of "fix" and "crap".

I certainly don't believe bikes are crap, and I don't think removing content and features will automatically fix the game, either.

Isn't someone wanting motorcycles also selfish? Isn't literally anything anyone wants in a game or wants the direction of development of a game/franchise to go, by definition, selfish? Isn't every single opinion, ever, selfish? Isn't calling someone selfish for posting their personal opinion, in an opinion based forum, kind of like saying I smell fishy after going fishing?

So wait... something's been fundamentally wrong with the series since the very beginning, and they need to strip it down to basics so they can identify and fix the issue?

I'll have to respectfully disagree.

By far my biggest gripe with the series post-PS2 has been the paltry number of offline races, and that's an incredibly easy fix... if only they could be bothered to do so. And as far as audio and graphics go... that's all stuff being worked on. Maybe you could elaborate on which problems exactly you think need a return to basics in order to fix? The onlly thing I can really think of is the whole quantity over quality issue in regards to the standard cars... but you know what? Don't like standards? Don't drive 'em.

The onlly thing I can really think of is the whole quantity over quality issue in regards to the standard cars... but you know what? Don't like standards? Don't drive 'em.
Except not driving standards won't magically remove them from the career mode nor magically make the entire game up to the same visual standard so that's not really a solution for someone that wants a graphically consistent game is it?

Isn't someone wanting motorcycles also selfish? Isn't literally anything anyone wants in a game or wants the direction of development of a game/franchise to go, by definition, selfish? Isn't every single opinion, ever, selfish? Isn't calling someone selfish for posting their personal opinion, in an opinion based forum, kind of like saying I smell fishy after going fishing?

Now you're just being silly. That makes no sense. If we went out to lunch, and you decided to have a hamburger, and I decided to have pizza, and you told me "no! We're all eating hamburgers! Pizza is pointless, useless garbage!" Who's the selfish one? I want pizza dammit. You are making no sense. I'm not trying to deny you or anyone else of what they want, but you're denying those of wanting motorcycles, NASCAR, or whatever else you consider unimportant that may be important to others. = SELFISH.

No that's not a miniority I think it's a proven fact that GT has for lack of a better word "garbage" at this point. Go into any thread, ask anyone who truly keeps up with the series like that....

GTPlanet is full of like minded people, with a handful of people like me that feel differently. But GTPlanet is not the majority. There are millions that don't come here, and like Gran Turismo for alternative reasons. So I could care less about a forum of people in agreement. Gran Turismo is played and represented by more than this select group of people, the people who you guys dismiss as insignificant.

Last edited:
Now you just being silly. That makes no sense. If we went out to lunch, and you decided to have a hamburger, and I decided to have pizza, and you told me "no! We're all eating hamburgers! Pizza is pointless, useless garbage!" Who's the selfish one? I want pizza dammit. You are making no sense.
It makes perfect sense. Anyone posting any wish they have on an opinion forum is by definition (concerned with your own pleasure) selfish because they want what they want for themselves, it's the purpose of posting to begin with in a thread like this. Do you want bikes? Yes = selfish. No = selfish. In other words it's entirely meaningless to call someone selfish in this context. You use the word to attach some negative connotation to someone who doesn't want what you want, but it has zero meaning in this context. Capiche?

It makes perfect sense. Anyone posting any wish they have on an opinion forum is by definition (concerned with your own pleasure) selfish because they want what they want for themselves, it's the purpose of posting to begin with in a thread like this. Do you want bikes? Yes = selfish. No = selfish. In other words it's entirely meaningless to call someone selfish in this context. You use the word to attach some negative connotation to someone who doesn't want what you want, but it has zero meaning in this context. Capiche?

I was driving, so my post was half finished. Go back and look at the rest of what I said. Capiche?
You should consider getting off of your throne, and walking with the peasants from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was driving, so my post was half finished. Go back and look at the rest of what I said. Capiche?
You should consider getting off of your throne, and walking with the peasants from time to time.
Just like calling someone selfish, now you are attempting to assign your negative connotations to me by telling me I'm on a throne. Fact is you are denying others what they want. They want the developers to focus on cars and cars only. They want 100% of the budget devoted to cars. They want 100% of the modeling to be cars. They want 100% of the career to be focused on cars. They want Gran Turismo to remain a car game because it's always been a car game and they don't want it changed. That's what they want, and introducing bikes will divide up the resources available between bikes and cars. So yes, your view is selfish as much as you don't want to admit that is. If you get what you want, they don't get what they want. See what I did there?

And who has dismissed you and others as insignificant? Or is that just another strawman argument you would like to throw up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like calling someone selfish, now you are attempting to assign your negative connotations to me by telling me I'm on a throne. Fact is you are denying others what they want. They want the developers to focus on cars and cars only. They want 100% of the budget devoted to cars. They want 100% of the modeling to be cars. They want 100% of the career to be focused on cars. They want Gran Turismo to remain a car game because it's always been a car game and they don't want it changed. That's what they want, and introducing bikes will divide up the resources available between bikes and cars. So yes, your view is selfish as much as you don't want to admit that is. If you get what you want, they don't get what they want. See what I did there?

And who has dismissed you and others as insignificant? Or is that just another strawman argument you would like to throw up?
They still get what they want if motorcycles are included. It may just take longer. When someone's opinion doesn't stand up to what the majority wants, their petition goes overlooked and is considered, unimportant, insignificant, irrelevant, and garbage. I'm saying none of those things of yours and others desires. But I keep reading things like that about my opinions.

They still get what they want if motorcycles are included. It may just take longer. When someone's opinion doesn't stand up to what the majority wants, their petition goes overlooked and is considered, unimportant, insignificant, irrelevant, and garbage. I'm saying none of those things of yours and others desires. But I keep reading things like that about my opinions.
I don't think "take longer" is what they want:lol: And that assumes you'll get all the car content you would have gotten without bikes, you just have to wait for it longer, which is not guaranteed and given PD's performance with DLC for GT6, not bloody likely either.

What petition are you referring to?

I don't think "take longer" is what they want:lol: And that assumes you'll get all the car content you would have gotten without bikes, you just have to wait for it longer, which is not guaranteed and given PD's performance with DLC for GT6, not bloody likely either.

What petition are you referring to?
Motorcycles.

Back