Will there ever be these cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overclocked412
  • 120 comments
  • 4,801 views
Drifting Thunda
Unfortunately the SVT Focus stopped production in '04. Now the high end Focus is the Focus ST, but it isn't as good as the SVT from what I understand, though they upgraded to the VERY environment friendly 2.3L.

Don't they still make the new 5-door SVT Focus?


kinigitt
So the ST is a different model than the SVT?

man, I didn't even know they had a 2.3L in there now.

I think they had the 2.3L for a couple of years or so (if I remember correctly). Pumps out 14 more hp than the Zetec 2.0L (though the '05 model adds another 7hp). And the ST is the new top of the line model for the '05 redesign. Doesn't look nearly as good as the Focus Concept which China and Europe will be getting.
 
Civicbus
that is THE dumbest logic I've ever heard. Where does KY live? Why did he even make this game? Do you really think he has any interest whatsoever in the lower end cars driving around in the US?

If YOU made GT4 you'd probly put all those US cars in and leave out a whooole ****load of Asian car's why? because that's what your more interested in :dunce:

First off I drive a '94 MX-6 LS dip ****. I like asian cars but are others too that should be in the game too, but japan seems to think there **** don't stink so every little **** box made in japan makes in the game :dunce:
 
LoudMusic
They don't necesarily represent all the Japanese cars that well either. Where's the Eclipse?

Heh, the eclipse is one crappy pice of junk, and guess what? you won't find it in japan, it's for america only, it's actually an american mitsu car (no japanese developers involved as far as i know)
 
wana b drifter
The Japanese rule the gt series. You can build up a Accord wagon to outrun a vette Z06 or Viper, but you can't do that with the american cars of the same class. Besides what would happen if you had a '92 Grand Am out run a NSX. :rolleyes: i guess Japan is just really cocky with there racing games.

oh give it a rest allready, it's not like the US deserves any special treatment, why should they?
the game comes from japan, i think it's a little obvious they'll include more japanese cars than anything else, in japan it's very common for people to get their cars in the track, in the US / europe it's not that common.
so if you think about it for a bit there's a reason behind so many japanese models, the culture is there.
Europeans also have a deeper racing culture than the US, even if it's not on par with the japanese. i mean come on, the most popular racing event in the US doesn't even have real corners in them.
maybe when PD gets the time, they'll include nascar cars, they've gone so far as to include drag races, so it could happen (but i seriously hope it's not required to play trough those, i'd quit the game right there :P).
i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though, GT is sort of the caviar of racing games, nascar would just add hotdogs to go with it.
EDIT:
forgot to add another reason why nascar will probably never be included, it's sort of a racist sport, it's american only and redneck only.
rally on the otherhand is multicultural, same goes for GT and F1, those are world class sports, nascar is no better than the WWF.
 
SaintKamus
oh give it a rest allready, it's not like the US deserves any special treatment, why should they?

You've GOT to be kidding right???

Japan wouldn't even have an Automotive Industry if it wasn't for America.

How the hell do you think they got one??? Japan very aptly (I might add) imported American cars and pulled them to pieces, used this newfound knowledge to develop and improve on what the Americans had already achieved.

This is more commonly known as backwards engineering.

Sure now they can stand on their own two feet, and in some area's lead the world in automotive development, but they owe it to the American automotive industry.
 
PhatFat
As far as I know Ford is American, and it's the mainly the european companies (Mercedes, Jaguar) that really suffer in quality now.

wanna guess why jaguar suddenly sucks? cause it was aquired by ford, Mercedes drop on quality? didn't know... but guess who owns Mercedes these days? Chrysler.
 
As long as they have some oldskool American muscle cars in there (and it looks like they do), im sure that will be enough. It would be intereseting to compare them to Japanese turbo powered cars.
 
The car i would like to see in GT4 is the lotus omega. My father used to own one its a awesome car. In the UK its called the vauxhall carlton. Its got a 3.6L I6 twin turbo engine and ZR-1 6 speed tranny.

Mercedes doesnt suck in quality at all!! I know people that have 500,000 km. on them and they use the original engine.
 
hellnback
You GOT to be kidding right???

Japan wouldn't even have an Automotive Industry if it wasn't for America.

How the hell do you think they got one??? Japan very aptly (I might add) imported American cars and pulled them to pieces, used this newfound knowledge to develop and improve what the Americans had already achieved.

This is more commonly known as backwards engineering.

Sure now the can stand on their own two feet, and in some area's lead the world in automotive development, but they owe it to the American automotive industry.


oh please, it's not like i'm trying to attack america here, i love the country.
my question is, why should the US get special treatment? the world is a BIG place my friend, the US is only a country in it, they are getting the attention they deserve as far as i'm concerned, it's not like they ignored american cars, hell, there's even an american car in the cover! QUIT YOUR WHINING!.

(BTW, the GT40 was developed in england, and the new Ford GT was developed with the help of foregin engeniers, so it's not an all american car, just in case some one was going to "fill me in" on those details, i allready know, thank you!).

I'll just finish up by saying that i think most american cars that are worthy of being in GT are allready in there. Sure it would be great if they could add even the crappy american cars, but i'd much rather have PD add nice cars instead, (i could say the same thing for crappy japanese cars, but oh well, those are in there allready.) KY mentioned that if time was not a problem he'd have something like 1000+ cars instead of "just" 650. but at some point you gotta set your priorities straight, now what would you rather have, a mustang or a cavalier?
Yep, that's pretty much how they choose.
 
if that's how they chose then why is there a ford Ka in there? no one wants to drive that. they could of put in a better ford car then that
 
This is almost a flame war. Listen, I don't care how many Japanese and Euro cars there are, all I'm saying is that they are leaving out a few cars that, in my opinion and nothing more than that, are necessary to well-represent the American automobile.

By the way, you can build up an Accord to take on a stockish Corvette, but face the facts, the Corvette is a far superior automobile and an Accord will never have as much potential. The only smart thing I've seen done to an Accord was a RWD conversion with an aluminum Chevy LS1 346ci V8 in it and not only does it now handle better (yes it's a fact), it's waaaaay quicker on the straights. not to mention LS1s in cars consistantly get 19-20 mpg, not bad considering how much more powerful it is. Don't ever compare an Accord to a Vette, let alone basically any other piece of classic muscle. The Accord is just a mid-size family-oriented sedan and that's all there is to it. It's more along the same lines as Grand Prix, newer Monte Carlos, T-Birds, etc.
 
Why is mercedes sucking out? I don't think it is so much because of Chrystler, mercedes has more control of it than chrystler does of mercedes. I think mitsubishi is the bigger problem. Can you think of a mitsubishi that is being produced right now that is good or selling massivly(not counting the evo)?
 
Same goes for Jaguar. The control Ford has over Jaguar is arbitrary at best. Jaguar has always been going downhill and Ford is the only reason it's still around.
 
i am not trying to argue with anyone
but Focus ST170 is an Euro car, Volks Golf 1.8T are Euro cars, not american
Euro car such as Peugeot 206,306, Renault Clio RS, Alfa Romeo 147GTA, all are good cars, i dont mean only japanese are good, i just dont want to write an essay to describe what i mean. What i am trying to say is American tends to use large displacement huge torque to out run Japanese/Eur small displacement cars.

Yes i agree SRT-4 is a good car, dont get me wrong.
but it's a 2.4 Turbo, if you want a fair game, try to race a SRT-4 with a 2.2 kit Evolution/WRX see who EATS dust.
 
Evolution kills SRT-4, SRT-4 beats WRX but loses to STi.

Actually SRT-4 is about as fast as Evo and STi once they get moving. The Evo/STi have faster 1/4s because of AWD. It's like when my friend races DSMs on the street or track. At the track they can hang with him, but on the street he always passes them a little bit after about a 1/4 mile. From a roll they just lose. Just thought I should point that out.

I get your point though, and it's almost a good one. But in the end you are saying that non-American engines are just as powerful with smaller displacement. So what? That doesn't mean anything. Most of them use DOHC or higher compression to do that, which is no better or worse than relying on displacement. So what I'm saying is, you're wrong.

The foreign motors aren't engineered any better, they just use different means to be powerful.
 
Drifting Thunda
Evolution kills SRT-4, SRT-4 beats WRX but loses to STi.

Actually SRT-4 is about as fast as Evo and STi once they get moving. The Evo/STi have faster 1/4s because of AWD. It's like when my friend races DSMs on the street or track. At the track they can hang with him, but on the street he always passes them a little bit after about a 1/4 mile. From a roll they just lose. Just thought I should point that out.

I get your point though, and it's almost a good one. But in the end you are saying that non-American engines are just as powerful with smaller displacement. So what? That doesn't mean anything. Most of them use DOHC or higher compression to do that, which is no better or worse than relying on displacement. So what I'm saying is, you're wrong.

The foreign motors aren't engineered any better, they just use different means to be powerful.
Well said. 👍
 
Thank you.

And another example I can use. This guy's V8 Mustang Cobra has a 4.6L V8 with DOHC. The 4.6L with DOHC is more or less on the same level as a Chevy LS1, which is a single in-block cam 5.7L. It's more or less on the same level despite the smaller displacement because of the DOHC, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's engineered better (although I am a Ford guy so my bias wants to say it is :) ). They're just using two different ways to make power. The 4.6L uses more cams to feed fuel and air better, while the 5.7L uses big displacement to get more out of each combustion cycle.
 
You know, this is either getting weird or redundant or both. My deal is that GT4 is made by a Japanese developer, so the domestic brand (Japan in this case) will get the bigger end of the deal as several machines will appear there. If America made them, you're damn right more attention will be paid to American cars than anything west of the Pacific or east of the Atlantic. So in a way, it's kind of a reciprocal deal. If GT was American, more American emphasis would be placed. And that can mean anything. Anything from NASCAR (boy, that would KILL any mention of GT race cars), some nice Trans-Am... but it would make the JGTC and DTM less important and less special. Le Mans race cars would only matter if it's owned by an American car company. This would be the worst-case scenario as parity would be sunk to the bottom like the Titanic. Now who'd want that?

If you lose out on covering a world of automobiles, the game would be mostly American with very little or moderate emphasis on the rest of the world. And I actually don't mind racing Japanese cars. Hell, I'd race anything from a Subaru 360 to a the Toyota GT-One. But if I wanted to choose, I'd say that the Beretta, Cavalier, Contour, Colt, Omni GLHS, and cars like these would probably make it. I'm not bothered by a small number of American cars. I don't care if America is EXCLUDED from Gran Turismo. I'm still proud to have a solid racing game to play and to enjoy. I would like more American cars, but I'm not bothered about wanting more American cars. I'm not really patriotic in my GT gaming, so I don't care less about this sort of thing. Of course, just because I don't have a problem with too few American cars doesn't mean that I'm an outcast or a disappointment to other American GT gamers. I just have different tastes. But don't worry about my views. What about yours?
 
ok anyway
in our side of the continent, we tend to use small displacement with high compression ratio OR a high pressure turbo

btw the WRX in US is not a fast car at all, what i mean is the JDM spec, the one that has 280+hp and 6-speed Sti version.
 
We have STi version here too dude. It's the most powerful 4-cylinder car available in the US. Even so, it's priced only a little cheaper than an '03 or '04 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (which has a 4.6L DOHC supercharged V8). They are both about even in quarter mile drag and road courses. The Cobra has 390 peak horsepower over the American STi's 300 (if I remember correctly) and from a roll the Cobra will definitely pull harder. The fact that they are basically even cars despite their great difference only further proves that America's enginuity is on par with Japan's.
 
wana b drifter
First off I drive a '94 MX-6 LS dip ****. I like asian cars but are others too that should be in the game too, but japan seems to think there **** don't stink so every little **** box made in japan makes in the game :dunce:

I dont give a flying fuk what you drive genius. Do you even know what my post was about? Go read it again A.D.D. :dunce:
 
All I want you to understand is that America has just as much enginuity. They make their engines and cars just as good, they simply use different methods of doing so.
 
Ronnn
GT always miss out European and American cars, that's a fact.
I mean European cars are more on the same class as Japanese cars, i mean in terms of design and engineer.
Yes, someone mention a Cavalier Z24 (whatever) can raced with a Civic? Integra? Come'on, 2.4 litre vs 1.6/1.8/2.0 not fair at all. Even take the Mustang/Camero and race with a NSX, 5 V8 vs 3.2 V6, just doesn't make sense.
Ok we look at similar class car, Dodge SRT-4 it's a 2.4 Turbo vs a say Integra R 2.0 N/A or Silvia S15 2.0 Turbo, i dont think SRT-4 can out run those 2 on the track.
The point is, it's hard to put an American car in any catagory that matches the Japanese or Euro cars. In terms of catagories, i mean the design of the engine, whether it's N/A or Turbo, NOT talking about horsepower
By the way it's Camaro not Camero. A lot of idiots mis-spell it like that and they tend to get laughed at pretty bad. 👎
 
All this talk about the ford focus, it would be great if gt4 included the v8 focus seen in australian muscle car magazine issue 11.
 
BMW and toyota make cars in the US but nobody calls them american companies.
Thats because they are not American companies. They are German and Japanese respectivley.
 
Drifting Thunda
All I want you to understand is that America has just as much enginuity. They make their engines and cars just as good, they simply use different methods of doing so.

i totally agree on you, and i never said American car is good, i only said it's hard to put American cars and Japanese/Euro cars race together, since the design is a little bit difference. :)
dont know why you guys think i said American cars aren't good :ouch:

And ofcoz i know there's an American version of Sti, that's 2.5 turbo 300hp.
But the real WRX is 2.0 turbo.
 
Historically petrol prices have been very cheap in the USA, and because of this the Americans weren't afraid of putting some cubic inches in the front of their cars, and that legacy still remains...

The cheap prices cannot be said (to that extent) in other regions of the world that produce cars, thus they found other ways to produce power from smaller usually more fuel efficient engines...
 
Ronnn
i totally agree on you, and i never said American car is good, i only said it's hard to put American cars and Japanese/Euro cars race together, since the design is a little bit difference. :)
dont know why you guys think i said American cars aren't good :ouch:

And ofcoz i know there's an American version of Sti, that's 2.5 turbo 300hp.
But the real WRX is 2.0 turbo.
Okay just makin sure.

hellnback understands.
 
Drifting Thunda
All I want you to understand is that America has just as much enginuity. They make their engines and cars just as good, they simply use different methods of doing so.

Thank you Drifting Thunda. This is what I've been saying. Now do you get that civicbus ? 💡
 
Drifting Thunda
All I want you to understand is that America has just as much enginuity. They make their engines and cars just as good, they simply use different methods of doing so.

wana b drifter
Thank you Drifting Thunda. This is what I've been saying.

hahaha whaat? what are you smoking?? You didn't say ANYTHING about how good the cars were or how much enginuity they have. All you said was that "Japanese gamers must be cocky". I was merely defending them and that the only reason there's more Japanese cars is because that's where the game originated from. I didn't say **** about the quality of American cars. Now do YOU understand what I'm saying wana b drifter? 💡
 
Back