Will there ever be these cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overclocked412
  • 120 comments
  • 4,801 views
Messages
388
GT series completely lacks any U.S. cars. Wheres the Beretta's, Corsica's, Cavalier's, Grand Am, Gran Prix, Caravan's (lol, hey they got their dinky minivans in GT too), ect. The cars we all drive and know. They have a million japaneese cars which every trim :yuck: , but always poop out on the american cars. :indiff: . For once I want to see a overdone american car section, I want to see a Beretta, GT, GTZ, GTU, Z26. Gran Am SE, SE1, SE2, GT, GT1, GT2, R/A,. etc, etc, etc...:dopey: that would be a nice suprise.... but I doubt it will ever happen. We will just be stuck with the Corvette and Viper (yea, I know theres more, but eh) til we die :ouch: .

:grumpy: 👎
 
i only need the vettes, vipers and other musclecars...............the rest isn't that spectacular........and is only being sold in the U.S......so what people don't know, they don't miss and really don't need!
 
Forget about it, PD is a japanese developer. Just imagine how much advertising all the japanese manufacturers are getting from this game. So many ppl didnt even know what a skyline gtr was before GT. Also i know it would be cool to have the cars u mentioned in the game but who would wanna race a beretta or a dodge caravan. But on the other hand who would wanna race a POD, Vitz or a honda odessey. It's a dilemma, but the fact is that PD gets all japanese cars in the game ,and THEN all the "famous" international cars.
It's one big marketing approach i guess.
 
Well, I'll have to agree that most of the cars are Japanese cars, you you'll notice that European manufacturers are very well represented, too. All BMW, Mercedes, Opel, Renault, Peugeot, Audi, Fiat, Lancia, etc etc etc... If we stop and think a little, we'll see that the diversity of japanese cars is way bigger than the diversity of american cars. Nevertheless, there are a lot of icons like Vettes, Camaros, Dodges/Chryslers as well. It is not balanced, I know, but the Japanese/European cars in the game are most well known throughout the world than then "other" american cars... just my 2¢
 
I've got a feeling that there will be more cars from North America included as the series progresses, and more than you think in GT4 especially. But you can't forget that a lot of american cars exist in other countries, but are re-badged and partially re-styled to fit the manufacturer in such countries. The same goes for others...the Pontiac GTO being a Holden from Australia with a new grille. I wouldn't panic too much.

-Metz
 
If they don't include Cavaliers, Sunfires, Grand Ams etc., they're missing a pretty significant opportunity. Since so many people actually own these cars, it'd be pretty sweet to tune them up enough to smoke a Merc or Bimmer around the Nurb.
 
They know Americans will buy it anyway, no matter how badly they blow us off. However, I would like for them to include all cars from previous GT versions, which included some legitimate club racers among the American stuff.
 
They don't necesarily represent all the Japanese cars that well either. Where's the Eclipse?
 
The Japanese rule the gt series. You can build up a Accord wagon to outrun a vette Z06 or Viper, but you can't do that with the american cars of the same class. Besides what would happen if you had a '92 Grand Am out run a NSX. :rolleyes: i guess Japan is just really cocky with there racing games.
 
I know it's true that there aren't many american cars, and i'd be someone who defends on putting more of them, but european cars aren't so many as we think.
BMW, Mercedes, Audi and the other famous ones are in the game, and well represented as ppucci said, but they haven't got all of their models, and many less have french and italian manafactures (and when will we see some Seat?) For example:
-Mercedes doesn't have-> C-class, CLK-class cabrio, E-class and SW, S-class, M-class, G-class...
-BMW doesn't have-> 5-series, 7-series, 6-series, Z3, X3, X5...
-Opel doesn't have-> Meriva, Zafira, Astra (the new one), Tigra Twin Top, and the old ones...

And there're even less models in "southern" manafactures and in some British ones too:
-Renault doesn't have-> Twingo, Modus, Scenic, Megane, Laguna, Vel Satis, Espace...
-Peugeot doesn't have->1007, 407, 607, 807, 307 (there should be one in this game)...
-Citroen doesn't have-> C2, C3 Pluriel, C8, Xsara Picasso...
-Seat would have-> Arosa, Ibiza, Ibiza Cupra (the new one), Leon, Leon Cupra R, Altea, Toledo...
-Fiat-> Uno, Panda (the new one), Tipo, Idea, Multipla, Marea, Palio, Stilo Abarth...

But I'd really like to see some american ones too.
 
LoudMusic
They don't necesarily represent all the Japanese cars that well either. Where's the Eclipse?
Well they represent just about every other Japanese car.
 
LaBounti
So no one has played GT2??
That's true. We have forgotten because GT3 left out a lot of American cars. It was mentioned the all of the cars from the previous GTs will be included so I'm not worried.that much :scared:
 
wana b drifter
The Japanese rule the gt series. You can build up a Accord wagon to outrun a vette Z06 or Viper, but you can't do that with the american cars of the same class. Besides what would happen if you had a '92 Grand Am out run a NSX. :rolleyes: i guess Japan is just really cocky with there racing games.

that is THE dumbest logic I've ever heard. Where does KY live? Why did he even make this game? Do you really think he has any interest whatsoever in the lower end cars driving around in the US?

If YOU made GT4 you'd probly put all those US cars in and leave out a whooole ****load of Asian car's why? because that's what your more interested in :dunce:
 
The Eclipse used to be built in America by Diamond Star Motors (Chrysler and Mitsubishi partnership) and exported to Japan back when they were still making both the Eclipse and the Eagle Talon. I'm not sure where they are made now. Another Diamond Star product was the Dodge Stealth, I wouldn't mind seeing the American version of the 3000GT in GT4. But all those other cars you listed suck, especially the GM products you mentioned. I can admit this and I work for a GM subsidiary. :guilty:
 
let me start buy saying i dont want to turn this into a turbo v v8 war ok but you yanks think you have it bad!!!! down in the land of oz we have a great manufacturer known as holden who produce some classic world class cars . such as their 300 kw gts coupe or there 285 kw awd coupe4 or how about the monaro which is sold in the states as a pontiac GTO an australian designed car or there 2002 motor show tourng holden racing team 427 600hp road car!!!! or the new 6.0 litre z series monaros or even some v8 supercars or back to back bathurst 24h winning monaro 427 race cars??? all aside im just splitting hairs and gt4 will kick arse especially with my new gt4 driving force pro wheel!!!! this is a must have 👍
 
nsx_vtec
let me start buy saying i dont want to turn this into a turbo v v8 war ok but you yanks think you have it bad!!!! down in the land of oz we have a great manufacturer known as holden who produce some classic world class cars . such as their 300 kw gts coupe or there 285 kw awd coupe4 or how about the monaro which is sold in the states as a pontiac GTO an australian designed car or there 2002 motor show tourng holden racing team 427 600hp road car!!!! or the new 6.0 litre z series monaros or even some v8 supercars or back to back bathurst 24h winning monaro 427 race cars??? all aside im just splitting hairs and gt4 will kick arse especially with my new gt4 driving force pro wheel!!!! this is a must have 👍
Holden V8 Supercars use only a Holden bodyshell. The rest is from everywhere, like the Chevy engines. And the 24 Hours at Bathurst has been canned because no-one wants to race there since the Monaros take first second and third so other teams are boycotting the race.

I'm a Ford man myself. Murph shouldn't have won Bathurst this year - Lowdnes and Seton deserved it even more, and it was really rude of the Holden fans to boo the Ford teams when they got up on the podium.

Anyway, can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, Overclocked, but have you checked The359's Master Car List? It's hard to missed - the very top thread. I'd check there first for answers on American cars.
 
98cobra
It was mentioned the all of the cars from the previous GTs will be included so I'm not worried.that much :scared:

Yeah...especially since a couple of the really good American cars haven't made the 'official' list as of yet. Notably the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, but at least there's some more muscle cars. With the inclusion of the drag strip (FINALLY!) there's actually a point to road rockets like the muscle cars - not to say that some of them (like the Mustang, Camaro, and 'Cuda/Challenger) aren't contenders in the curves. Let's just say as happy as I am about the inclusion of Volvos, I'm still disappointed that the Superbird didn't have a race mod in GT2 - that car deserved it.
 
A couple of pontiacs wouldn't hurt!!
 
Do you race?
Holden V8 Supercars use only a Holden bodyshell. The rest is from everywhere, like the Chevy engines. And the 24 Hours at Bathurst has been canned because no-one wants to race there since the Monaros take first second and third so other teams are boycotting the race.

I'm a Ford man myself. Murph shouldn't have won Bathurst this year - Lowdnes and Seton deserved it even more, and it was really rude of the Holden fans to boo the Ford teams when they got up on the podium.

Anyway, can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, Overclocked, but have you checked The359's Master Car List? It's hard to missed - the very top thread. I'd check there first for answers on American cars.

point accepted dude , but just so you know holden are know designing and maching there own engines since mark skaife took over the reins at hrt. i agree it was terrible to boo the fords at bathurst but the win goes to the fastest not the guy with the best hard luck story but being a ford man woudlnt you like to see a gt-p or so in gt4
 
nsx_vtec
point accepted dude , but just so you know holden are know designing and maching there own engines since mark skaife took over the reins at hrt. i agree it was terrible to boo the fords at bathurst but the win goes to the fastest not the guy with the best hard luck story but being a ford man woudlnt you like to see a gt-p or so in gt4
They might be building their own engines ... but they're failing. Skaifey (my least favourite driver) didn't even stand a chance at winning this year. If Radisich hadn't have stopped up the top of Skyline, Murph wound't have won it. And if Ellery had have brought the pace car out, same deal.

Anyway, I think that the Holden Monaro is going to be in GT4 (not that I'll drive one), even if it is a re-badged GTO.
 
Do you race?
They might be building their own engines ... but they're failing. Skaifey (my least favourite driver) didn't even stand a chance at winning this year. If Radisich hadn't have stopped up the top of Skyline, Murph wound't have won it. And if Ellery had have brought the pace car out, same deal.

Anyway, I think that the Holden Monaro is going to be in GT4 (not that I'll drive one), even if it is a re-badged GTO.


why would say skaife didnt have a chance he was quick al weekend till a watts linkige break in qualifying and then moved upp the field during the race untill an alternator belt come off he's had some terrible luvk this year and as for the safety car thats racing would you be winging if ambrose or lowndes had won due to a safety car i prefer holdens but im not one eyed i love the supercars for there speed and sound :sly:
 
nsx_vtec
why would say skaife didnt have a chance he was quick al weekend till a watts linkige break in qualifying and then moved upp the field during the race untill an alternator belt come off he's had some terrible luvk this year and as for the safety car thats racing would you be winging if ambrose or lowndes had won due to a safety car i prefer holdens but im not one eyed i love the supercars for there speed and sound :sly:
I meant he hasn't had a chance all year.





https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40095
And I dug this link on American cars up from the bottom of page 1. Funny what searching can do, isn't it?
 
cars I want (they may be in/ confirmed, but I want em anyway)

Oh and I want mention ferrari, porsche or lambo.

vauxhall carlton (the uber fast one with body kit)
ford capri (2.8ltr +)
vauxhall cavalier
ford cortina
volkswagen sirocco
80's audi quattro
some nice classic softtops like the tr6 etc
ford sierra (xr4i I think)
robin reliant (you know it would be funny)
bmw m1

tbh I want lots of normal cars you see everyday on english roads from the 70s/80s/90s/ and now, because even though most are rubbish, it would still be cool :)
 
The Lotus Carlton was mental and I think you mean the VW Scirocco. ;)
 
I want to see a pantera!! that would be cool.
 
I hope we have enough at the start so i can get my cavalier ls sport. It gets up and goes for 150+horses. I think ive talked me dad into a throttle body, exhaust, and intake...woot. Sorry for bad grammar right now...Real late and need to be uick...

~*Standard235*~
 
code_kev
cars I want (they may be in/ confirmed, but I want em anyway)

Oh and I want mention ferrari, porsche or lambo.

vauxhall carlton (the uber fast one with body kit)
ford capri (2.8ltr +)
vauxhall cavalier
ford cortina
volkswagen sirocco
80's audi quattro
some nice classic softtops like the tr6 etc
ford sierra (xr4i I think)
robin reliant (you know it would be funny)
bmw m1

tbh I want lots of normal cars you see everyday on english roads from the 70s/80s/90s/ and now, because even though most are rubbish, it would still be cool :)
Add a Hillman Imp to that list. They go like Lightning. Downhill.
 
Back