Will there ever be these cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overclocked412
  • 120 comments
  • 4,801 views
Civicbus
hahaha whaat? what are you smoking?? You didn't say ANYTHING about how good the cars were or how much enginuity they have. All you said was that "Japanese gamers must be cocky". I was merely defending them and that the only reason there's more Japanese cars is because that's where the game originated from. I didn't say **** about the quality of American cars. Now do YOU understand what I'm saying wana b drifter? 💡

whoa now.

Let's not start insulting each other's drifting prowess. That wouldn't do.
 
how on earth are they supposed to please everyone???

if the game didnt have skylines and evos their would be complaints :)

then again some aussie cars would be nice :dopey:
 
kinigitt
whoa now.

Let's not start insulting each other's drifting prowess. That wouldn't do.

woops, good thing you posted that, didn't notice Thunda's name was quoted for both :sick: I have no beef with Drifting Thunda, I actually agree with most of what he's saying.
 
Looks like it's getting UGLY here...
 
claf-43
how on earth are they supposed to please everyone???

if the game didnt have skylines and evos their would be complaints :)

then again some aussie cars would be nice :dopey:

That's what we're all saying basically.

As for Aussie cars I would certainly desire a later model Falcon. :)
 
I think its safe to say that GT4 (if it ever comes out) will have a better balance of Japanese vs 'the rest of the world' cars than any previous version of GT so far - so we can all be a little happier
 
Drifting Thunda
. The SVT Focus handles really remarkebly. So I wonder if Focus RS for example has a tricked out suspension package also.

The short answer to this drifting thunder is yes it does!!! The RS is pretty much a rally car for the road!!! A lot of reputable magazines EVO for example thought that it was too track biased for raod use, as the Quaiffe diff was very tightly set up. Running on 18 inch rims as standard and even new suspension mounting points (ie. different bodyshell to normal foci) the handling is incredible on a track. 5.9 to 60 and 14.9 to 100 were the recorded times and thats pretty quick for a front driver... the brakes were a special Brembo set up... they sold the car for £20,000 and made a loss on everyone... an amazing car. :)
 
Yes GT4 needs more american cars like the Escalade so i can put spinners on it.
 
I6-4-eva
Yes GT4 needs more american cars like the Escalade so i can put spinners on it.

i think you want to be in the 'pimps rides' forums - this is the GranTurismo forums
:sly:
 
Isn't the reason that there are more Asian makers/models in the GT series due to the fact that there are simply more of them?

Also they're generally cheaper than American/European/Australian options allowing you to buy higher performance cars earlier on in the game.
 
okoj
Isn't the reason that there are more Asian makers/models in the GT series due to the fact that there are simply more of them?

Also they're generally cheaper than American/European/Australian options allowing you to buy higher performance cars earlier on in the game.

Actually, it's the other way around. Japanese/Euro (Not sure about Aus) cars are usually higher priced than American cars.
 
I6-4-eva
Yes GT4 needs more american cars like the Escalade so i can put spinners on it.

lol well if they put that in, they gotta add the Lincoln. They could make a series called "Rollover Madness: Race to stay alive"
 
speaking of licoln, the LS wouldn't be a bad car to add in the game.
Lincoln_LS.jpg
 
Maybe GT4 will be able to settle all this if it has a standard car race like it did in GT1, (where the viper kicked ass by the way). Or even better, with different classes of standard cars, first starting with each car maker, then each country, then world wide finding the fastest ones.

Anyone can make any car go fast with enough money.
 
super cirrus
speaking of licoln, the LS wouldn't be a bad car to add in the game.
Lincoln_LS.jpg


I'll pass. I don't see the need for another fat front wheel drive car.

I'd rather see something like the 96 impalla SS (if were talking about boats.)
 
kinigitt
I'll pass. I don't see the need for another fat front wheel drive car.

I'd rather see something like the 96 impalla SS (if were talking about boats.)

Isn't the LS rear wheel? I'm pretty sure it is
I'd be cool to see in the game but I'd rather see the old boats
 
Civicbus
Isn't the LS rear wheel? I'm pretty sure it is
I'd be cool to see in the game but I'd rather see the old boats

You are right, it's rear wheel drive.

I'd still rather see a CTS type V or a a Mercury Marauder.
 
Civicbus
Isn't the LS rear wheel? I'm pretty sure it is
I'd be cool to see in the game but I'd rather see the old boats

It is an FR layout.

Note: I heard that some of these autos get an FR layout for the West coast, and FF for the East (due to lots of rain and snow). Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
 
Rmember that at the Tokyo Game Show, the trailer said that over 80 manufacturers would be covered. And we do know this about Gran Turismo 4... in the case of American cars, we'll most likely get Buick because of that SEMA car who won the event last year or two. And I'd rather see some Trans-Am racing cars. They're more American than anything else. My only gripe about Trans-Am is that the machines look too much like "stock" cars and not so much of great GT2 or GT1 racers. Of course nowadays, the class would be known as GTS. Based on what I've seen online, I'm probably going to skip Cadillac altogether. All this company will likely feature will be the Cadillac Cien Concept Car (aliteration for you. Or is it?) and that CTS-V. If GT4 had the Cadillac Northstar LMP which landed on the podium in a few sportscar races (hey, some is better than none, okay?), I'd love to go to the Cadillac dealer in GT4. I even have a Northstar LMP with my die-cast car collection, give or take the rear wing I broke off of it by accident. The big three in America will no doubt be in the house for sure.

If I had to predict what machines would still make nice additions to the American car makes in GT4, I'll start with Chevrolet. And by the way, I'm not very educated with classic hot rods, so don't bash me if I left something key out. I wouldn't mind the Beretta, Cavalier, or any Impala before the one with the Skyline-like talilights. So a 1995 Impala widebody is mad sick as is a classic 1963 Impala. An El Camino wouldn't hurt. For Ford, I'd definitely want to put in the SVT Focus and even the Focus RS. Past Thunderbirds and Fairlanes would be nice as well. For DaimlerChrysler, the classic Plymouths would be nice. That Hemi Dart car is a nice way to take down opposition. The Dodge Omni GLHS is a good choice as well. Chrysler's LMP with Team Oreca (perhaps the best Viper GTS-R racers in the world) is not bad either.

Well, I'm either out of ideas or don't want to post more than I normally do. But, there you have it.
 
Civicbus
Actually, it's the other way around. Japanese/Euro (Not sure about Aus) cars are usually higher priced than American cars.

Is he talking about in the gt series? In gt2 you were pretty much forced to buy a Japanese car to start with, unless you got gold in the licenses and sold the prize cars.

Otherwise it depends where you live.
 
RoyalBobcatGTO
Is he talking about in the gt series? In gt2 you were pretty much forced to buy a Japanese car to start with, unless you got gold in the licenses and sold the prize cars.

Otherwise it depends where you live.
True, I think he's talking about real life.
 
I think the Lincoln LS and Mercury Marauder are good ideas. The LS is a rear-wheel drive cruiser that houses the Jaguar 3.9L DOHC V8.

The Marauder is a Crown Vic/Grand Marq from hell that books with 4.6L.
 
Supra897
Note: I heard that some of these autos get an FR layout for the West coast, and FF for the East (due to lots of rain and snow). Anyone know if there's any truth to this?



There isn't any truth to this at all. Can you even imagin the cost of two platforms for one car? Whoever told you this is laughing at you right now.
 
Mercedes doesnt suck in quality at all!! I know people that have 500,000 km. on them and they use the original engine.

If they have over 500,000 kms on it its definitely pre-chrysler........

Chrysler has ruined Mercedes.........

I will cry if BMW falls into foreign ownership.....

And on other matters.........I honestly don't see the harm in putting in some everyday American cars.......like the Grand Am or the Grand Prix.........or any other various common cars. Same going for our local Holden Commodores and Falcons.

Hell it'll be fun trying to doing some racing with stock family sedans :D

And plus it can help prove GT4's realism if so many people have those cars. They can compare the feel of their real experiences to the game:)
 
Mercedes ruined themselves by buying Chrysler. Don't blame Chrysler.
 
PhatFat
There isn't any truth to this at all. Can you even imagin the cost of two platforms for one car? Whoever told you this is laughing at you right now.

What do you think of the MG ZT? A small company who rebuilds a platform to fit a different engine?
 
maniko
What do you think of the MG ZT? A small company who rebuilds a platform to fit a different engine?


I don't know much about it. How extensive was the rebuild?
 
PhatFat
I don't know much about it. How extensive was the rebuild?
It was an FF with an V6 and changed it to an FR with an Mustang V8. They had to change the suspension, the drivetrain, the gearbox is now in the rear, some changes to the body, and a lot more i can't remember right now. But it is a lot when you think of how small MG Rover is as a company and how their financial situation is at the moment.
 
Back