Will there ever be these cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overclocked412
  • 120 comments
  • 4,801 views
If you want to talk American cars, check out my GT4 thread on them:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40095

To me, I'm more on the premise of saying "be thankful you're at least getting SOME American rides than none at all. I'm not really bothered by a lack of American cars in this critically-acclaimed racing series. I'll mostly race the American race cars and then cool cars like the Dodge Viper or even the Camaro Z28 from the mid-late 1990s. If this gets out of hand, I'm more like a person who thinks of consolations rather than going crazy with a certain aspect so that takes away from any legitimate parity in GT4. I respect American cars, but that's just me.
 
I'm a Ford man myself. Murph shouldn't have won Bathurst this year - Lowdnes and Seton deserved it even more, and it was really rude of the Holden fans to boo the Ford teams when they got up on the podium.
Lowndes and Seton didn't deserve to win this year. If it wasn't for saftey cars they would have been two laps down. The had eight pit stops to top up the oil in the car!!!
If you want to keep this discussion going, go to...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1271215#post1271215
 
Do you race?
it was really rude of the Holden fans to boo the Ford teams when they got up on the podium..

Theres a big rivalry between ford & holden fans in australia which gets even bigger after your've been drinking for three days.
 
We've only seen part of the cars that are going to be in gt4, with most of them from Japanese maunfactors, so we may see more american/european cars. I'd like to see more 60s american cars than later models.
 
nsx_vtec
let me start buy saying i dont want to turn this into a turbo v v8 war ok but you yanks think you have it bad!!!! down in the land of oz we have a great manufacturer known as holden who produce some classic world class cars . 👍

I am also from Oz and i have to start by saying that although the quality of Holdens(and Fords for that matter) in Oz are improving in leaps and bounds, they are by no means "World Class" in comparison to most of the euro's in the same categories. Unfortunatley, up until now, the only way Holden knows to improve a car is by sticking a biger donk in it, but as i said, they are finally coming around.

The Merc's and the Bimmer's(and Audi's) of the world are still the leaders in their class by a fair margain.

And as for the yank Tanks? Well Australia has at least, in my opinion, caught up to them.
 
RoyalBobcatGTO
Theres a big rivalry between ford & holden fans in australia which gets even bigger after your've been drinking for three days.
I am (well actually was, I've finished Year 12 now ... almost) in a school of 400 people. Two of which supported Ford (me included) ... believe me, I know all about rivalry.
 
I am also from Oz and i have to start by saying that although the quality of Holdens(and Fords for that matter) in Oz are improving in leaps and bounds, they are by no means "World Class" in comparison to most of the euro's in the same categories.
But Holden and Ford in Australia are making cars for a country with a population of 19 million. Apart from a few to NZ, US and the Middle East, they don't export their product. I assume the European manufacturers you are talking about are the likes of BMW, Renault, Fiat and Mercedes Benz who are exporting their cars to the world basically, a far bigger market than Australia. Now compare the prices of the European cars to the Australian cars.
And as for the yank Tanks? Well Australia has at least, in my opinion, caught up to them.
Australian manufacturers left the Americans behind a long time ago as far as build quality is concerned if you believe anything you read.
 
PD, from what I heard, will take this thought into consideration. Hoping to level out the number of European and American cars to Japanese. 👍
 
code_kev
cars I want (they may be in/ confirmed, but I want em anyway)

Oh and I want mention ferrari, porsche or lambo.

vauxhall carlton (the uber fast one with body kit)
ford capri (2.8ltr +)
vauxhall cavalier
ford cortina
volkswagen sirocco
80's audi quattro
some nice classic softtops like the tr6 etc
ford sierra (xr4i I think)
robin reliant (you know it would be funny)
bmw m1

tbh I want lots of normal cars you see everyday on english roads from the 70s/80s/90s/ and now, because even though most are rubbish, it would still be cool :)

Id like some variations and additions to those.
MK1 Ford Capri RS3.1
Mk1 Lotus Cortina
Mk1 and 2 Escorts, Mexicos and RS2000
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth and RS500
Vauxhall Chevette HSR
Vauxhall Firenza/Magnum
Ford Anglia, to Rod Up and take to the Drag :)
And A Full compliment of M3 BMWs
 
Overclocked412
GT series completely lacks any U.S. cars. Wheres the Beretta's, Corsica's, Cavalier's, Grand Am, Gran Prix, Caravan's (lol, hey they got their dinky minivans in GT too), ect. The cars we all drive and know. They have a million japaneese cars which every trim :yuck: , but always poop out on the american cars. :indiff: . For once I want to see a overdone american car section, I want to see a Beretta, GT, GTZ, GTU, Z26. Gran Am SE, SE1, SE2, GT, GT1, GT2, R/A,. etc, etc, etc...:dopey: that would be a nice suprise.... but I doubt it will ever happen. We will just be stuck with the Corvette and Viper (yea, I know theres more, but eh) til we die :ouch: .

:grumpy: 👎

I agree with the guy that said all you need are vipers, 'vettes and 'stangs (In case you couldn't tell, I'm not an America car fan, the only one I ever drive is a viper). If GT was a drag specific game I think you would have alot more American muscle cars but from what I have seen of GT4 there are more than enough American cars for my taste.

I agree there are too many Japanese cars in every trim, but PD is a Japanese developer and the game so it make sense.

I would like to see more Euro cars, more Italian cars, Porsches, BMWs and euro exotics. (some of which is answered in Gt4)

I would also like to see more classic euro sports cars and F1 cars, from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s. How cool would it be to drive a Merc streamliner GP car or a Jag from the 50s LeMans days....or one of fangio's GP cars around Monaco!!!!!

Now that would be cool!

But that is just me, as long as I have my RUFs, VWs and Porsches I am a happy camper! :)
 
Schrodes
Australian manufacturers left the Americans behind a long time ago as far as build quality is concerned if you believe anything you read.


As far as I know Ford is American, and it's the mainly the european companies (Mercedes, Jaguar) that really suffer in quality now.
 
i seem to remember that the Monaro went through a year of quality enhansments so as to be brought to US standards and sold in the US.

b
 
98cobra
Trans Am WS6:drool:


:drool: amen!!!

370772_19_full.jpg


:drool: have a 6' myself:
birdie.jpg


👍
 
Honestly! I have a 96 Grand Am v-6 with a cam intake and exhaust. I would definitely not want to meet a WRX or skiline or RX-7 for that matter.
 
As far as I know Ford is American, and it's the mainly the european companies (Mercedes, Jaguar) that really suffer in quality now.
Ford is an American company. Ford Australia manufacture cars in Australia. That makes them an Australian manufacturer.
i seem to remember that the Monaro went through a year of quality enhansments so as to be brought to US standards and sold in the US.
The car needed some re-engineering to meet US legal requirements but there was never a problem with the build quality.
 
I'd love to see a few more domestics also. Some American mid-size cars would fit in nicely, such as Grand Prix GTP, Thunderbird SC, Monte Carlo SS, and several others.

Also, I think an LS1 Trans Am WS6 to compliment the Camaro SS would be nice. Granted they are nearly the same car, that's all the more reason to include it if you think about it. Some Fords I really would've liked to see would include the late model Lightning, '03 Cobra, '57 T-Bird (supercharged 312ci), '95 T-Bird SC, maybe a Probe GT, and I could go on and on really. Some of those cars really are just what I'd like to see, but some of them I feel are even important to the game, yet are missing so far.
 
GT always miss out European and American cars, that's a fact.
I mean European cars are more on the same class as Japanese cars, i mean in terms of design and engineer.
Yes, someone mention a Cavalier Z24 (whatever) can raced with a Civic? Integra? Come'on, 2.4 litre vs 1.6/1.8/2.0 not fair at all. Even take the Mustang/Camero and race with a NSX, 5 V8 vs 3.2 V6, just doesn't make sense.
Ok we look at similar class car, Dodge SRT-4 it's a 2.4 Turbo vs a say Integra R 2.0 N/A or Silvia S15 2.0 Turbo, i dont think SRT-4 can out run those 2 on the track.
The point is, it's hard to put an American car in any catagory that matches the Japanese or Euro cars. In terms of catagories, i mean the design of the engine, whether it's N/A or Turbo, NOT talking about horsepower
 
Schrodes
Ford is an American company. Ford Australia manufacture cars in Australia. That makes them an Australian manufacturer.


BMW and toyota make cars in the US but nobody calls them american companies.
 
Ronnn
GT always miss out European and American cars, that's a fact.
I mean European cars are more on the same class as Japanese cars, i mean in terms of design and engineer.
Yes, someone mention a Cavalier Z24 (whatever) can raced with a Civic? Integra? Come'on, 2.4 litre vs 1.6/1.8/2.0 not fair at all. Even take the Mustang/Camero and race with a NSX, 5 V8 vs 3.2 V6, just doesn't make sense.
Ok we look at similar class car, Dodge SRT-4 it's a 2.4 Turbo vs a say Integra R 2.0 N/A or Silvia S15 2.0 Turbo, i dont think SRT-4 can out run those 2 on the track.
The point is, it's hard to put an American car in any catagory that matches the Japanese or Euro cars. In terms of catagories, i mean the design of the engine, whether it's N/A or Turbo, NOT talking about horsepower
You don't know anything about SRT-4s do you. They're more in the league of a WRX. Comparing it to an Integra is an insult.

Honestly I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. You're saying that American cars are harder to class with other cars? Then you tried to use the Camaro and NSX as an example, and it's a poor one. The NSX is a high dollar mid-ship engine all out sports car whereas the Camaro Z28 is a budget piece of detroit muscle. That's stupid.

An SVT Focus with a 2.0L Zetec is very much in the same league as a newer Civic SiR, or maybe even Type-R. They're very comparable. The Civic has a smaller displacement engine and basically the same technology, but at the same time the Focus is a bit heavier. The SVT Focus will readily out-handle an SiR and will undoubtedly hang with Type-Rs. American engines just tend to be a little bigger, but that doesn't necessarily mean better.

The NSX isn't faster because of it's engine. The LT1 5.7L V8 from GM is a way better engine by keeping it simple (single in-block cam, big displacement), and the LS1 and LS2 probably weigh just as much as the NSX V6. The NSX is faster because of it's drivetrain and enginuity at the cost of the cars excessive price. NSX is more comparable to a Z06, which sadly keeps up to it very well despite the fact that it's barely more than half the price of an NSX.

Categorizing vehicles by their engine design is stupid anyways, considering everyone KNOWS the number of cylinders is just a factor in how powerful an engine is. The NSX relies on DOHC, variable valve timing, and higher compression to hang with American V8s.
 
'Will there ever be these cars?'

Probably not, because there probably won't ever be a GT4... it will be delayed forever.
 
Drifting Thunda
You don't know anything about SRT-4s do you. They're more in the league of a WRX. Comparing it to an Integra is an insult.

Honestly I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. You're saying that American cars are harder to class with other cars? Then you tried to use the Camaro and NSX as an example, and it's a poor one. The NSX is a high dollar mid-ship engine all out sports car whereas the Camaro Z28 is a budget piece of detroit muscle. That's stupid.

An SVT Focus with a 2.0L Zetec is very much in the same league as a newer Civic SiR, or maybe even Type-R. They're very comparable. The Civic has a smaller displacement engine and basically the same technology, but at the same time the Focus is a bit heavier. The SVT Focus will readily out-handle an SiR and will undoubtedly hang with Type-Rs. American engines just tend to be a little bigger, but that doesn't necessarily mean better.

The NSX isn't faster because of it's engine. The LT1 5.7L V8 from GM is a way better engine by keeping it simple (single in-block cam, big displacement), and the LS1 and LS2 probably weigh just as much as the NSX V6. The NSX is faster because of it's drivetrain and enginuity at the cost of the cars excessive price. NSX is more comparable to a Z06, which sadly keeps up to it very well despite the fact that it's barely more than half the price of an NSX.

Categorizing vehicles by their engine design is stupid anyways, considering everyone KNOWS the number of cylinders is just a factor in how powerful an engine is. The NSX relies on DOHC, variable valve timing, and higher compression to hang with American V8s.

👍

the SRT-4 eats type Rs and Silvias for breakfast. In fact, get cars in the same class (mazdaspeed protege, focus SVT, Honda Civic type R, Honda Preludes, Saturn Ion redline, Volks GTi, etc.) and it just outclasses them in every way that counts on the track (except the brakes, and it's steering isn't as sharp as Honda's cars).

And concerning American cars and their "lazy" reputation: they're simply a product of their environment. Long freeways and lazy fat ass drivers who care more about cupholders than sharp handling and an efficient engine.
 
:) Did you guys get the Focus RS in America??? I'm sure that would give the SRT-4 a run for it's money...

Paul.
 
plfrench
:) Did you guys get the Focus RS in America??? I'm sure that would give the SR4-T a run for it's money...

Paul.

no, unfortunately we didn't. :indiff:

We got the SVT, which is a nice car in it's own right, built by Specialty vehicle team, one of ford's factory tuners (the ones responsible for the SVT cobra)

It's naturally aspirated, fitted with a speed speed manual, bigger brakes, wheels and tires, and stiffer suspension. It's rated around 170 hp.
 
:) That sounds like the Focus ST170 we get over here, did you mean 6 speed box, cos that's what that has...
 
plfrench
:) That sounds like the Focus ST170 we get over here, did you mean 6 speed box, cos that's what that has...

that's probably right. So you guys get everything over there. :grumpy:
 
:) Yeah at twice the price!!!!

No we lack your V8 obsission unfortunately... we don't get that many big V8s over here :grumpy:
 
kinigitt
👍

the SRT-4 eats type Rs and Silvias for breakfast. In fact, get cars in the same class (mazdaspeed protege, focus SVT, Honda Civic type R, Honda Preludes, Saturn Ion redline, Volks GTi, etc.) and it just outclasses them in every way that counts on the track (except the brakes, and it's steering isn't as sharp as Honda's cars).

And concerning American cars and their "lazy" reputation: they're simply a product of their environment. Long freeways and lazy fat ass drivers who care more about cupholders than sharp handling and an efficient engine.
your a man of much wisdom. I know 'cause you seem to always write just what I'm thinking.

b
 
kinigitt
👍

the SRT-4 eats type Rs and Silvias for breakfast. In fact, get cars in the same class (mazdaspeed protege, focus SVT, Honda Civic type R, Honda Preludes, Saturn Ion redline, Volks GTi, etc.) and it just outclasses them in every way that counts on the track (except the brakes, and it's steering isn't as sharp as Honda's cars).

And concerning American cars and their "lazy" reputation: they're simply a product of their environment. Long freeways and lazy fat ass drivers who care more about cupholders than sharp handling and an efficient engine.
That makes much more sense! Especially the last part.

The SVT Focus is specially fitted with an actively changing intake runner system on its 2.0L Zetec motor. At low rpms the runners are short, then when it hits a certain RPM the runners are elongated by a single moving part. This gives the naturally aspirated Focus a peak hp of only 170 hp, but it's a very flat powerband. They all have 6-speed Getrag (German tranny manufacturer) transaxles. The SVT also had a bunch of neat options! I am curious about all the Foci that aren't available in the US. I say this because SVT really beefs up the suspension on all their vehicles, even the Lightning. The SVT Focus handles really remarkebly. So I wonder if Focus RS for example has a tricked out suspension package also.

Unfortunately the SVT Focus stopped production in '04. Now the high end Focus is the Focus ST, but it isn't as good as the SVT from what I understand, though they upgraded to the VERY environment friendly 2.3L.
 
Drifting Thunda
That makes much more sense! Especially the last part.

The SVT Focus is specially fitted with an actively changing intake runner system on its 2.0L Zetec motor. At low rpms the runners are short, then when it hits a certain RPM the runners are elongated by a single moving part. This gives the naturally aspirated Focus a peak hp of only 170 hp, but it's a very flat powerband. They all have 6-speed Getrag (German tranny manufacturer) transaxles. The SVT also had a bunch of neat options! I am curious about all the Foci that aren't available in the US. I say this because SVT really beefs up the suspension on all their vehicles, even the Lightning. The SVT Focus handles really remarkebly. So I wonder if Focus RS for example has a tricked out suspension package also.

Unfortunately the SVT Focus stopped production in '04. Now the high end Focus is the Focus ST, but it isn't as good as the SVT from what I understand, though they upgraded to the VERY environment friendly 2.3L.

So the ST is a different model than the SVT?

man, I didn't even know they had a 2.3L in there now.
 
Back