Will we be seeing an offline custom single event/championship creator in GT6?

simplistic race editor (arcade mode)
in-game economies
undeveloped leaderboards

- 3 unexpected "locks" in 2010/13 car games. GT5/6, are games with inexplicable restricted gameplay ... why PD?
- lets see if we get to have a second round, the first did not convinced me

ron86: 3ºQ - "Is there a possibilty of an "event creator" in a future update for the offline mode in Gt6?..."
Taku Imasaki: 3ºA - "Much more updates to come over the next weeks/months for GT6, with regards to the online community feature updates!"

Last edited:
part of the question should be why have PD decided to not include a full race editor on GT6, because the suggestions for it have been here since gt5. there shouldnt be any doubt about how to make it or how much relevante it would be for GT and players. so ... PD ... its not just: will we ever see a full race editor at GT games, but also: why have you decided not to include a full race editor in GT5&6?

part of the question should be why have PD decided to not include a full race editor on GT6, because the suggestions for it have been here since gt5. there shouldnt be any doubt about how to make it or how much relevante it would be for GT and players. so ... PD ... its not just: will we ever see a full race editor at GT games, but also: why have you decided not to include a full race editor in GT5&6?

Good point, make sense.👍

The problem is that such a feature might be seen by PD as an admission that when it comes to level design, they are incompetent. I get the impression that this is a thought that cannot be thought by PD. Unfortunately it is true. GT6 involved some extremely cynical decisions regarding the single player mode - not to mention a complete misunderstanding of the concept of 'endurance'. I hope that this will be addressed in GT6 now that the more serious GT5 is dying.

In fact this incompetence seems to be inherent in the philosophy of 'driving simulator not racing simulator' claptrap. I say claptrap because as will be blindingly obvious after a seconds thought is that if you design rubbish races not only do you allow for idiotic driving to take place, you actually encourage it. Overtaking 13 or so cars in 5 laps of a track like Bathurst almost necessitates bad driving! It might as well be called 'the bad driving simulator', because that is what it encourages.

Having said that, it is still currently my favourite game.

Last edited:
The problem is that such a feature might be seen by PD as an admission that when it comes to level design, they are incompetent. I get the impression that this is a thought that cannot be thought by PD. Unfortunately it is true.
I wouldn't say that. Most of PD have been around since the early Gran Turismos, so these are the same people who gave us the very good race selections of GT3 and 4.

Since building a race is a job for coders, it's possible that they were just too busy with a multitude of tasks to focus on the job of making those solid races we've enjoyed in the past. In particular, GT6 seems pretty rushed, as it's been about a decade since we saw a new GT game within three years, and a lot of features weren't ready at launch.

Another thing people mention is that an Event Maker gives PD an excuse to give us some basic races like we got in GT5 and 6, and not very many of them, and focus their attention on the rest of the game design. Though if this got us Race Mod and a Livery Editor, maybe with a good damage build and decent A.I., I'd call that a bargain! :D But like most of you, I want to see an epic single player game with lots of races, kind of a combo of GT3 and 4, with some serious league oriented racing devoted to leagues like ALMS, DTM, FIA GT and many more. And in a mini-season with a championship, though hopefully not too "mini." This probably won't happen, as PD seems to be quite ambitious and wanting to use as much of Playstation's power as they can, which is a lot of work for their programmers.

An Event Maker would take some of the weight from their shoulders, so they could focus on the big picture of a more motorsports oriented Gran Turismo. So other things like single make races, track days, Manufacturer's Cups and many other things could be handed to us to make. And with Course Maker II, especially in a point to point mode, we could make an endless variety of Rally events for ourselves. We could expand on league racing, such as making new race locations, and have a season as long as we wanted, say 50 races or more. With Race Mod and a Livery Editor, we could recreate leagues like BTCC, WTCC and others which aren't in the game, or create fantasy leagues. Like I mention Asia GT, allowing me to have races featuring cars that I don't believe are in any leagues, such as the Cizeta and Spirra.

And I really doubt that PD would give us so many single player events that we'd never get tired of them. Would be nice though.

An Event Maker would take some of the weight from their shoulders, so they could focus on the big picture of a more motorsports oriented Gran Turismo. So other things like single make races, track days, Manufacturer's Cups and many other things could be handed to us to make. And with Course Maker II, especially in a point to point mode, we could make an endless variety of Rally events for ourselves. We could expand on league racing, such as making new race locations, and have a season as long as we wanted, say 50 races or more. With Race Mod and a Livery Editor, we could recreate leagues like BTCC, WTCC and others which aren't in the game, or create fantasy leagues. Like I mention Asia GT, allowing me to have races featuring cars that I don't believe are in any leagues, such as the Cizeta and Spirra.

i'm saying this since january; with driveclub and pcars at ps4 late 2014, PD is obligated to do all those things or GT just "dies" - have you seen DRIVECLUB's 50 details list? or even forza horizon 2 open areas? can GT6 compete with these?
vision gt is awsome but regarding to gameplay the only promissed feature for gt6 is the track editor and we dont even know how will it be nor when will we use it. i'm worried
race editor, track editor, livery editor, all locations with 24h and weather, sounds, ... PD must go with all (the other developers do)

driveclub's 50 details list :eek: :crazy: :bowdown: (its just a list for now but sure is impressive)

Last edited:
i'm saying this since january; with driveclub and pcars at ps4 late 2014, PD is obligated to do all those things or GT just "dies" - have you seen DRIVECLUB's 50 details list? or even forza horizon 2 open areas? can GT6 compete with these?
Considering that GT6 is a last generation game on seven year old hardware, it's really surprising that it compares at all! This is much more a testament to what PD can accomplish than to how amazing those other games are.

Now, about those games. Let me get the Horizons out of the way first, because I don't care for them.

Then Drive Club. The 50 Details list is impressive, I must say. The game itself though... not so sure. Sadly, it looks like Grid with a scoop of Project Gotham, a game series again I didn't like. And Grid was just too arcadey. I have Forza 4 already, and can play it when I want to.

Which brings me to P CARS. And this game, I'm just not sure about either. It seems to have a handful of decent street cars, and a few dozen nice race cars. But... is it just a PC sim with a few street cars included? Is its claim to fame that, and the fact that it has a built in Livery Editor? Errm... I'm just not sure that's enough to get me in there. Again, I have Forza 4 already, and it has more cars of all sorts. I'll keep an eye on it, and hope that there's a revealing demo that opens my eyes to something cool.

So... about GT7... ;)

Yes yes we know, nothing can touch GT for you. Funnily enough though PD have to think about more than just you.

Considering that GT6 is a last generation game on seven year old hardware, it's really surprising that it compares at all! This is much more a testament to what PD can accomplish than to how amazing those other games are...
So... about GT7... ;)

1080p, 3D, data logger, gps visualizer, faster menu navigation, phisics simulation, 👍 for PD
more than 1000 cars, more than 30 locations, 👍 for BRdisks
vision gt, gt academy, 👍 for everybody

in-game economy, experience points (stars), career mode poor in simulation features, simplistic race editor(arcade),
simplistic leaderboards(TT), simplistic livery editor ... i do like GT, but, in some areas, GT feels quite uncomprehensibly amateur. 👎 (unwilling 👎 )

none of the features suggested by players are new to videogames! PD is great in those hard to make features but is failing in what should be in theory easyer, ... gameplay. in my opinion, the absence of a full race editor is by far the worst mistake related to GT's gameplay concept.

Yes yes we know, nothing can touch GT for you. Funnily enough though PD have to think about more than just you.
Oh, I'm sorry Simon. I wasn't aware that I was the only one saying that
  • Forza Horizon is pretty much a playground for kids to tear up the virtual countryside playing tag and stuff.
  • Drive Club - sorry, #DriveClub looks a little too arcadey, like a Grid/PGR clone, and Evo's last Motorstorm game wasn't that awesome.
  • Project CARS seems to be a pretty PC sim with a narrow selection of street cars, supercars and race cars, but does have a Livery Editor. And then there's the fact that it's a PC sim...
My mistake. :D

@NUNOpt , I don't disagree at all. In fact, my posting for the past month has been almost entirely in here, doing my part to lobby for most of the features you want to see, maybe all of them. The only problem is that I'm not sure what can be squeezed into GT6. A lot of processes are running under the hood, and most of the ram is used up.

Some things like Race Mod and Legacy Track DLC is just a matter of modeling, should be entirely doable. With Race Mod, at least on a range of cars. The Event Maker should be easy to provide, as it's basically putting a user interface on their race builder code. I'm hoping for a bot A.I. overhaul, that should be possible, because all they really have to do is turn off the code that makes them give up when the player gets a good lead on them. I would think that a Livery Editor is doable, depending on how much memory can be snarfed up for it in PS3 ram, because it is a basic art program. And depending on how ambitious they want to get with the online tools, something better should be ENTIRELY doable, because I think every other online game has better features. Don't ask me why PD gimped Arcade Mode. The S Class events have 16 car fields and pretty darn fast bots, so that's not an issue.

Course Maker II seems to be a problem. Just shooting from the hip, because I don't know the technical hurdles PD are trying to jump, I'm thinking it's having trouble streaming in all that terrain, trackside detail and objects from the hard drive, or that they're having trouble with the framerate. Or both. While I'm hoping this isn't the case, we could possibly get something bigger and better than GT5's CM, but much smaller and simpler than they hoped to make. A serious damage build, and that new sound engine, I'm thinking don't stand a chance on PS3.

Since this is the Event Maker thread, it's a good point to say again that if we had that in GT6, for BOTH online and offline gaming, it would add SO much potential to the game. In particular, if we can make the equivalent of a racing season with a championship, say anywhere from 20 to 50 races plus championship final(s), that would have a lot of us racing pretty constantly until GT7 - or other games ;) - came along. A huge bonus would be the ability to select the cars for the grid, as well as standing/rolling starts and any qualifying. Having misfit cars in the GT6 single player events, which have NO business being in a race, is a real sore spot for me. I'd also like to be able to select the bots and their positions, because they all have various skill levels and a basic personality. Oh, and once again, they need to have their artificial brains unchained so they stop giving up if we get more than a one second lead on them. If PD also gave us Race Mod with this and some kind of real Livery Editor, along with that Course Maker... good grief, this would make GT6 a serious competitor with any next gen racer.

This brings me to the possibility of all this being put off for Prologue on PS4, or some of it. If Prologue is GT6 ported and enhanced with a lot of features we want, that would be one hell of a racer, even with Standard cars and tracks. Could that explain the lack of updates and DLC for GT6? Sure could.

But as I said before, that doesn't mean that we can't get some of that for GT6, because PD could work on both PS3 and 4 versions of all this at the same time. And it wouldn't double the workload on the programmers because, other than having to include the finicky routines to deal with the Cell data path roadblocks, the coding would be rather similar. This is what other developers do with their multiplatform games, or did since the PS3 days are pretty much over.

So... according to Jordan, there will be no Gran Turismo news at E3, so the conspiratorial TenD is beginning to think that Prologue may be coming, and not too far off. It doesn't mean we won't get some goodies for GT6, but we'll just have to see. SONY wants big Killer App Games for PS4 soon, and one of their biggest killer app games is Gran Turismo. And any work done on GT6 is going to slow that project down, at least somewhat.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry Simon. I wasn't aware that I was the only one saying that
  • Forza Horizon is pretty much a playground for kids to tear up the virtual countryside playing tag and stuff.
  • Drive Club - sorry, #DriveClub looks a little too arcadey, like a Grid/PGR clone.
  • Project CARS seems to be a pretty PC sim with a narrow selection of street cars, supercars and race cars, but does have a Livery Editor. And then there's the fact that it's a PC sim...
My mistake. :D

You're the only one I see that keeps bringing it up every time they're mentioned in relation to GT. You forgot to mention how you don't like iRacing, sorry iRenting this time though.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there aren't millions of people who do and that PD need to be aware of.

I also still don't get why you use 'PC Sim' as a negative whilst at the same time promoting your idea for a much more hardcore GT Mode.

You're the only one I see that keeps bringing it up every time they're mentioned in relation to GT. You forgot to mention how you don't like iRacing, sorry iRenting this time though.
Thank you for reminding me. ;)

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there aren't millions of people who do and that PD need to be aware of.
Oh... I forgot that people buy other racers than Gran Turismo. No, actually I didn't, but I think it's funny how so many people will throw other racers at us, saying how awesome they are. And if we disagree, somehow we're being argumentative for daring to have a contrary opinion.

I also still don't get why you use 'PC Sim' as a negative whilst at the same time promoting your idea for a much more hardcore GT Mode.
Because PC sims proper just don't have the same flavor. Like with the Dirt series. Dirt 3 is very popular with Rally fans, but a lot of sim players turn their noses up at it as full of silly flashy fluff, and not a "real" Rally game. And obviously the same thing with Gran Turismo. But it's that difference that has GT games selling in numbers that any sim developer would kill to have, maybe even GT6. Plus the matter that a lot of sims are focused on providing a platform for online league racing, so virtual race heroes can compare the size of their e-trophies. iRenting in particular, but so is Race Room which has zero single player content right now. And Live For Speed which is bare bones offline...

Anyone can tell that a sim has a totally different flavor from Forza, which is suffering its own growing pains right now, and Gran Turismo. Better or worse is always debated, but it's why both camps glom onto their chosen games.

@Tenacious D
i dont think there will be any gt at ps4 at least this year, nor a gt6 ps4 version nor a gt7 prologue
- late 2014 have already 3 games; driveclub, pcars(very close to gt concept), the crew.
adding another racing game, specialy a GT, would harm sales of these 3, its not a good plan for sony.
- gt6 is not finished, there is no point in showingoff a new gt before the current is finished or just recently finished. maybe november 2015, a GT7.

about this 3 games, i share your impressions, in some areas they will be better than gt6 but i doubt any of them can still GT's charisma or phisics level. the thing is that GT is not in its full gameplay potential and more important, its not at ps4, thats where others can take advantage.

Untitled-3.png

I am currently doing the ui for the event generator, I still need to change some things in this screen and also I have to finish the track selection ui, when I finish i'll post more pics, we could also select custom screens for the event generator, so i made this one as an example, which is also unfinished:

gran turismo 4 title.png

View attachment 169680
I am currently doing the ui for the event generator, I still need to change some things in this screen and also I have to finish the track selection ui, when I finish i'll post more pics, we could also select custom screens for the event generator, so i made this one as an example, which is also unfinished:

View attachment 169694

HOLY.. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: That's what I'm talking about. Very nice work, masterrugalm! Just imagine the possibilities... Oh PD.. :(

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/event-creator.297781/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/poll-race-creator-for-career-mode.294535/

PD could use event settings from GT6 online race creator, most of the features suggested are already there. i dont see why not an update for gt6.

Q: why have PD decided to not include an offline full race creator at gt5 and gt6 (specialy on gt6, since the community was already complaining about its absence on gt5) and Will GT6, or any future GT, ever be gifted with a race creator valued with all possible options?

(awesome graphic)

(marvelous image)
I don't want to rush you or anything, so take your time. But I must say that images like these make a huge impact on the human psyche. And I could sure use some more of this impact! :D

View attachment 169680

View attachment 169694
You're hired buddy!!:cheers: Extremely clean, neat and easy to read. Well done sir, well done:tup:👍

thank you guys, i am glad you liked it! I'm almost finished with the car selection screen, i still need to do some things with the general settings and the select button, which is used to activate the edit screen, in this screen you can duplicate cars, change order, delete or reset multiple settings and a copy function that i explain when i have the screens ready because it's a little difficult to explain, here are some more screens, i am not going to do a screen for thedealerships or gt auto because that would take a lot of work, but for example the filters are the same as used in the garage, this is how the finished ui is going to look:

CAR SELECTION.png PAINTBODY KIT.png MAX POWER.png MAX POWER 2.png MAX SPEED 1.png MAX SPEED 2.png WEIGHT.png WEIGHT 2.png FRONT TIRES.png FRONT TIRES 2.png REAR TIRES.png REAR TIRES 2.png

Wow... :dopey:

Well, Kaz, there you go. Just import and code, and we're good to go.

Back