Will we ever gonna have an open wheel racer in GT Sport?

I would love to see this as a Premium GT Sport model

And it will be great for one make racing:

And with livery editor we would have full Formula 1 line-up anyway :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Just a fake F1-like open wheeler, if licencing things that look like F1 cars becomes an issue, change it a bit, I don't care, but an open wheel spec would be brill, maybe even include a GP2 style sub-class.

Gr.F1
Gr.F2

Just a fake F1-like open wheeler, if licencing things that look like F1 cars becomes an issue, change it a bit, I don't care, but an open wheel spec would be brill, maybe even include a GP2 style sub-class.

Gr.F1
Gr.F2

It can be in Group X. Just like all in One Make Racing ;)

I asked a question that you did not answer.So I'll do the same and dont answer yours.Either you can point me to what GTS is all about or just leave it like that.

Agreed Jules, By the traditional definition of touring very few cars in the game would qualify. Indeed driving on a track is not considered touring . The real question is why would he hope for open wheel exclusion? The original touring cars were all open wheel.

It can be in Group X. Just like all in One Make Racing ;)
Oh is Gr.X one make racing? thought it would include all Gr.X cars :embarrassed: good plan though, if Gr.X is indeed the "one make racing" group, then it makes sense indeed :)

Oh is Gr.X one make racing? thought it would include all Gr.X cars :embarrassed: good plan though, if Gr.X is indeed the "one make racing" group, then it makes sense indeed :)

Yes and No. It is basically a group of cars which don't fit in other classes. There is huge variety of performance there from PD Kart to Vision GT Chaparral 2X so i think Formula PD would fit there. Most of this cars are used for "one make racing"

PD should give us generic F1, F2, F3 cars. With the livery creator the community can do the rest.

Such thinking should also influence future DLC. For example they could release a couple of LMP2 models and there'd be many dozens of real life liveries that could be created.

PD should give us generic F1, F2, F3 cars. With the livery creator the community can do the rest.

Such thinking should also influence future DLC. For example they could release a couple of LMP2 models and there'd be many dozens of real life liveries that could be created.

I still wonder if we will ever get Group 2 cars, and what can it be? Maybe new interpretation of GT1 class? I would love to see for example Aventador GT1 racer or using McLaren P1 GTR/Ferrari FXXK as a race cars.

With the livery editor, we'd only need one Formula Polyphony from a few key eras. A mid-60s, turbo-80s, early 90s and early 2000s for example. GT3 style.

I still wonder if we will ever get Group 2 cars, and what can it be? Maybe new interpretation of GT1 class? I would love to see for example Aventador GT1 racer or using McLaren P1 GTR/Ferrari FXXK as a race cars.
GT500 from Japan they reckon.

I think that's exactly what it will be, Super GT, trackday specials (including VGT versions of cars like the new AMG) and older GT1 cars like the 911, GT-ONE and CLK-LM.

I asked a question that you did not answer.So I'll do the same and dont answer yours.Either you can point me to what GTS is all about or just leave it like that.
I'm not mentioning GTS. I don't know why you keep mentioning it. I'm talking about GT in general, and why single seat, open wheel, formula cars should not be in it. In my view , of course.

Agreed Jules, By the traditional definition of touring very few cars in the game would qualify. Indeed driving on a track is not considered touring . The real question is why would he hope for open wheel exclusion? The original touring cars were all open wheel.
Perhaps I should have said "Formula" cars. Is that better?

Grand Touring cars were road cars designed to cross continents in luxury, comfort and speed. It then became a class of racing car, GT1, GT3 etc. Those are the type of cars that should be in Gran Turismo, and cars that allow you to work up to them. I'll give you LMP/GrpC as those race/raced against GT cars.

In my opinion, GT should be about road cars, GT1/2/3/4/5 cars, Touring cars (DTM/Supertouring) and, as I said, I'll give you LMPs.

Formula cars do not fit in the Gran Turismo ethos, and if they are so important to it as some think, why did it take until game 3 for them to make an appearance?

I'm not mentioning GTS. I don't know why you keep mentioning it. I'm talking about GT in general, and why single seat, open wheel, formula cars should not be in it. In my view , of course.

OP threat is about adding open wheel cars into GTS.Thats why I mention GTS.

OP threat is about adding open wheel cars into GTS.Thats why I mention GTS.
My points are valid for all GT games though, not just GTS.

And the rest, or are you just going to ignore that?

Unless the overall quality of racing improves dramatically in GTS, more responsive cars with much higher cornering speeds and much shorter braking zones inherent in modern formula cars, will be absolute chaos online:lol:

Latest Posts

Back