Wimbledon 2012

• Thread starter Matty
  • 187 comments
"Tsonga may be built like a tractor, but this tractor was on a roll" A BBC reporter telling the story of Tsonga's potential fight back :lol:

I might tape one of them on sunday and watch it sunday night..but im not sure which yet..

Please let Federer win. I couldn't tolerate the British media/press if Murray won...

I couldn't give damn what the media will be like, either way they will be intolerable. I want Murray to win because it's his first Wimbledon final, he's the first Brit to have got to the final for 74 years and it will be amazing if he could beat one of, if not the greatest player tennis has ever seen to get the trophy on his home turf.

The final tomorrow will start at 3.30pm..so it looks like it WONT clash with the grand prix as predicted!!👍

Serena clinches the Ladies' Singles and gets the trophy (or rather large golden salver ;) ) from the Duke of Kent.
Aggie did a stupendous job facing Serena - who hit her hundredth Ace of the tournament during the match.
Aggie: "I'm just very happy, and thank you so much for all the support."
Serena: "Aggie plays so well, you guys should give her another round of applause."

Beautiful match and Ladies, in every sense of the word.

Anyone watch the women's finals? Was rooting for Radwanska, she tried her best but her tactical prowess just isn't enough for Serena's raw power. Hopefully Murray makes history tomorrow!

Really happy Murray's through to the final. I think i'm right in saying Murray and Federer have met 16 times, and Murray has won 9 times, which bodes well.
The sites I've found say they've met 15 times, with Murray having won 8... but, Federer has won both Grand Slam finals they've played in straight sets, and however much I want to see Murray win tomorrow, I can't help thinking that Federer will win. He is the greatest player ever to play the game, and he's on top form - but Murray does have a chance. However, I reckon Murray will be very nervous, and Federer will be as cool as...

Fantastic win for Englander, Jonny Marray and his Danish partner in the mens doubles. 👍 My mate got knocked out in the Semis of the mixed doubles yesterday. The noob.

I tell you what, that Serena Williams is something else - she not only won the Ladies Singles Final this afternoon, but she's currently playing the Ladies Doubles Final as we speak... and winning too :crazy: She must have incredible stamina and fitness...

Great win for Marray today - now can Murray make it two British winners in the same year??

The sites I've found say they've met 15 times, with Murray having won 8... but, Federer has won both Grand Slam finals they've played in straight sets, and however much I want to see Murray win tomorrow, I can't help thinking that Federer will win. He is the greatest player ever to play the game, and he's on top form - but Murray does have a chance. However, I reckon Murray will be very nervous, and Federer will be as cool as...

Ahhh okay, I wasn't sure. But yeah I agree, nerves may get the better of Murray, lets hope otherwise!

Serena and Venus Williams have just won their 5th Wimbledon Ladies Doubles title... on the same day that Serena won her 5th Wimbledon Singles title, bringing her even with Venus who also has 5 Ladies Singles titles at Wimbledon... unbelievable :bowdown:

Murray has never beaten Federer in a best of 3 game + never played him on Grass.

Federer beat Novak... I can hardly see him loosing to Murray atm.

Murray has a chance if Federer's usually unreliable backhand isn't as good as it was on the Djokovic match and if his serve isn't at its best too. But then again... that's asking for too much.

It should be all Federer, but he hasnt show the mental resiliance he used to have in the last few years.

Either way, there will be tears for the loser. Literally, I am expecting!

I think this is probably the best chance Murray will ever get, with Federer being the least strong of the top 3, and the only one he has a chance of beating. Djokovic and Nadal are similar ages to Murray, so they will always be around. He needs to win today.

Aldo
Fantastic win for Englander, Jonny Marray and his Danish partner in the mens doubles. 👍 My mate got knocked out in the Semis of the mixed doubles yesterday. The noob.

chuffed about this! Marray was raised in the same city as me and attended the same Secondary School as me - claim to fame

Looks like Murray has come out with guns ablazing! Quite unusual as he has a habit of losing the first set in this tournament. Hopefully he keeps this level up!

And Roger starts to play those fabulous shots he makes. But Murray is on a roll right now.

Edit: Federer always seems surprised by his low balls; not giving them the effort it needs to get over. Murray not making too many mistakes; playing much better than was expected.

Last edited:
Amazing, almost scripted, if not for the stunningly unpredictable shots. Tied once more.

Edit: first Tsonga's nuts. Then Federer's head. Then I guess the title.

Why are we getting slow-mo's of Murray's ugly mug every 2minutes?? I want to see the slow-mo's of the points god dam it!

Back