WMA International Touring Car Championship Season II

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 1,272 comments
  • 65,958 views

Which points system should we use?

  • 1: 40 per race, 20 pole position, 0 points second in qualifying

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .
According to 10 seconds of Google, Finland is currently GMT +2 and switches to summer time on the 31st.
 
According to 10 seconds of Google, Finland is currently GMT +2 and switches to summer time on the 31st.

It follows the British Summer Time dates, then.

Good news, carb, you will be racing @ 22:30 for Rounds VI-VIII. ;)
 
Why are we changing things all of the sudden?
 
Why are we changing things all of the sudden?

:banghead:

Does no one pay attention to the seasons?

The clocks are springing forward on Sunday. The races on Mar. 16th, 23rd, and 30th are being moved back an hour in the U.K. and Finland, to facilitate the difference in clocks.
 
MrMelancholy15
:banghead:

Does no one pay attention to the seasons?

The clocks are springing forward on Sunday. The races on Mar. 16th, 23rd, and 30th are being moved back an hour in the U.K. and Finland, to facilitate the difference in clocks.

Bummer.
 
The clocks are springing forward on Sunday. The races on Mar. 16th, 23rd, and 30th are being moved back an hour in the U.K. and Finland, to facilitate the difference in clocks.

This works for Italy, too, Scass. :)
 
Why? Summer's coming! More proof!

The snow that was in my yard this week would beg to differ. I can't make it again this week. I have a prior commitment that there's nothing I can do about, I should be good for Rolex though.
 
The snow that was in my yard this week would beg to differ. I can't make it again this week. I have a prior commitment that there's nothing I can do about, I should be good for Rolex though.

Okay. ;) Snow is fine, it's melting soon enough.
 
I might not race. Work is in the way.
 
Yea.... I'm pretty sure my points are STILL wrong. Ill do them tomorrow


Yea... Umm, what round are the points at? I just got 334 for my current points....

I see the difference. The qualifying points!

Mel, why did you change the qualifying points without saying? In the beginning it was

P1- 20
P2- 18
P3- 16
Etc

Now only the pole sitter gets 20 points??? That's a bit unfair, considering each race is a maximum of 40 points, with decreases of 2 per position...
 
Last edited:
Does anyone else agree with polar's movement?

Ummmmm, I wanted to put an incentive on qualifying first. But, it's been irrelevant since the decision was made to change the grid ordering.

If no one (except lancer) objects, and supports it, it will pass and the scoring system can be changed. However, I want to stress that a majority vote will decide. Majority rules voting will allow this decision to be made fair.
 
First:
I don´t care if only the pole sitter gets more points or all get pointz for Q-ing.
But 20 is a bit heavy lets say 5-10 points for the Pole is ok.

Second:
Don´t like the statement that you can use the runoffs 5 times.
But will accept it. But what happens if someone abuses this "Guideline" ??
He´ll get a heavy time addition I think (10 seconds + or so)
 
First: The points will always add up to a possible 100 points per round.

Second: a huge time penalty, way beyond the 1 second penalty Furinkazen, is just among the options, pending severity.
 
But MrM, you wouldn't have given "just" 1 second for Furi if only one driver had finished less than a second behind him... :rolleyes:
 
Let´s say 6-8 runoff´s ??
What would be the outcome of this ??

I would say no usage of the runoff, because the Cars are pretty good in terms of Understeer (at least the Cars I tested) and secondly you don´t have to use it, although it gives you a bit of Time.
Plus this supposed to be a clean Series and cutting/runoff-using is in my eyes not clean.

But I won´t do it anyways => as long as the chicane cutting gets heavily penalized I´m cool.
 
No. That was about the time polar lost, when furi blocked polar. It was an approximation. Basically, ITCC rules say that "one blocking move is okay, two is a no-go, and causing contact by blocking is forbidden."

Furi got a light penalty, in terms of most penalties, but, not an easy penalty, generally.

That's just about the difference that 1 second made. However, furi's penalty was smaller than Lancer's penalty, and my own; for bumping you.

Sakery;

6-8 times off course will warrant a different penalty, based on the situation of the incident. If the driver's forced off of the track repeatedly, the penalty could be 10 seconds, or, even less than. But, if all eight times seem intentional, a full minute isn't absurd; it's possible to make up 20 seconds or so by using the paved runoffs, and two minutes for the grass run-offs.

Grass run-offs are subject to a full penalization, approximately 1 minute per incident, with a maximum of 3, before disqualification.

3 times in the grass, and your race is over, 0 points. Once, and it's going to be a one minute penalty. If you're pushed off of the circuit, and accidentally cut across the grass, PM a steward after the race.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone else agree with polar's movement?

Ummmmm, I wanted to put an incentive on qualifying first. But, it's been irrelevant since the decision was made to change the grid ordering.

If no one (except lancer) objects, and supports it, it will pass and the scoring system can be changed. However, I want to stress that a majority vote will decide. Majority rules voting will allow this decision to be made fair.

Maybe if pole is the only person to get points, make it 2ish. That's equal to one position on the track, not 10.... Which is larger than most grids we have...

Why didn't you tell us in the first place that you changed the points? We could've solved this first....
 
This was discussed. I explained, clearly, in the OP. When we dropped the 3rd race, the points were finalized.
 
This was discussed. I explained, clearly, in the OP. When we dropped the 3rd race, the points were finalized.

Then why did we all get points for our qualifying spots in the first round?
 
No one got points for their qualifying spots for Round 1.

Edit; only Lancer got 20
 
Yeah, everyone had the qualifying points.

EDIT: Although, for once I won't complain if Mel doesn't change anything. :sly:
 
Sooo much grey area. Looks like I'll be investgating cars abusing runoff tonight :rollseyes:
 
Yeah, you should either allow it all the time (perhaps only in certain turns) or not allow it at all.
 
Sooo much grey area. Looks like I'll be investgating cars abusing runoff tonight :rollseyes:

Yep. Will probably be another late one... Hopefully the Skype call won't be that bad xD
 
And Mel, could you please, please, please show up to the room earlier? The person who's hosting the series should be the first one to join the room. It also helps with connection issues.
 
Back