WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,933 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is... With the ford anyway, that its only a 5 speed gearbox, so I miss out on that extra torque band, but. I will work around it, if it don't satisfy me I guess once a new ford person comes along I could return to the 01 or 03 scoob?

Of course you can Dave.

Righty, as I posted on the W.M.A. thread a little minute or something ago, there's just one more rule:

Should there come a finishing car just as a starting car is about to begin, the starting car may wait 5 seconds before starting. If I find it ok, it won't affect the time.
 
Coolies, anyways I'm stinging to race, and for some practice, add my PSN guys, let's get dirty!!! Lol
 
Bahahahaha, well.... The server just crashed again!!! That's twice in 2 hours!
 
Bahahahaha, well.... The server just crashed again!!! That's twice in 2 hours!

Don't we all love that *sigh* I hope it's fixed soon. About 99% of GT5 is focused on online (so is WRC, DTM, heck, all of W.M.A. is :lol: )
 
^^ also includes me, my social life etc lol
 
The server just crashed again!!! That's twice in 2 hours!

About 99% of GT5 is focused on online (so is WRC, DTM, heck, all of W.M.A. is :lol: )

^^ also includes me, my social life etc lol

OK, this can be understood in several ways:

1: You're completely normally socialiting on the internet (most likely)

2: You're using GT5 as a dating site (99% of GT5 is focused on online > my social life) *insert ROFL emoticon/smiley*

I REALLY hope it's 1 :lol: just kiddin' bud :)
 
Bahahaha... Well.... Almost, all of my main friends are over 200kms away from where I live, mainly because I hate people coming over unexpected! Plus I'm addicted to motorsport! And GT5 offers the most variety,
 
Good news. Indirectly this championship is on top the news list! Strange to think of, isn't it? I KNEW I should've put W.M.A. WRC over the GT watermark :lol:
 
cool, congratulations mate,
 
Suddenly I can't stop checking the news every second :lol:
 
So I'm sure I've missed a lot about the rally and this thread, 4 pages since my last post.. However, just in the nick of time I'll be making my return to GT! :D After much trial and error, stress, and a few dollars spent on various things that didnt fix the problem; it turned out to be the power supply. So after all of that I feel pretty :dunce:.

My wheel is still apart, I will be assembling it tomorrow. However I scored a random power supply from a local thrift store for .99 cents. :tup:I just have to make sure that the extra .5A from the output will not fry anything.. Sparing a lot of electrical nonsense, I'll be at the season opener at Eiger in full force. DFGT or DS3, it doesnt matter. :dopey:👍

Quick question, has anything major changed with the rally as far as regs or etiquette practices are concerned while I took that break? I'll read back soon but I'm just wondering.
 
I may be able to attend this rally.
 
So I'm sure I've missed a lot about the rally and this thread, 4 pages since my last post.. However, just in the nick of time I'll be making my return to GT! :D After much trial and error, stress, and a few dollars spent on various things that didnt fix the problem; it turned out to be the power supply. So after all of that I feel pretty :dunce:.

My wheel is still apart, I will be assembling it tomorrow. However I scored a random power supply from a local thrift store for .99 cents. :tup:I just have to make sure that the extra .5A from the output will not fry anything.. Sparing a lot of electrical nonsense, I'll be at the season opener at Eiger in full force. DFGT or DS3, it doesnt matter. :dopey:👍

Quick question, has anything major changed with the rally as far as regs or etiquette practices are concerned while I took that break? I'll read back soon but I'm just wondering.

the only change is that ive gone from being an independant to a works drive with BP Ford as neither original ford driver has returned to the series or made an effort to contact rallymorten,

also due to lack of participants the first rally is postponed to next weekend,
 
Basically what Dave said (though it's not 100% official about your move but you'll take the space if they're not there. If they're missing again at round 2 that's enough for me to "make a contact" with them and a possible interested driver) except that the postponing is due to me not being at my dad's place this week and he's the only one to not have a stopwatch with my gaming :lol:
 
So are we doing the race tomorrow?
 
Earlier this week I got to sit down with James & Marc the drivers for Team Subaru in the WMA WRC SERIES here's what they had to say. Should we watch for surprises from this? "Well if your talking about surprises as in crashes I hope not. But all the testing we have done should mean that we will be very competetive this season." Marc said. What are you hopeing to accomplish this season? James was quoted as saying "I am hopeing to possibly get my first WMA WRC SERIES win this season. I am also hopeing this team can stay away from penalties and damage. This team is very good when it comes to consistency. Subaru has some great people in their shop working on these rally cars." Is this team ready to take on the power house teams like Mitsubishi? "Yes" Marc said confidently. What rallies are you most looking forward to? I quoted James as saying "That is a good question I am looking forward to all of the rallies. But the one I am looking forward to most is probably the Mitsubishi Mt. Aso Rally." What do you think of your partner James? "He is a great driver and a wonderful team mate. He seems to be strongest on tarmac from what I've seen" marc had said. What do you think of your team mate marc? This is what James had to say "Marc is a great driver we talk every time we aren't in the car. We try to talk about what lines work where on what tracks. We try to keep eachother motivated every race. He does really well with the fans. In fact during preseason I had to pull him away from the fans to get in the car. That race he finished second. I was a little down after one race and he came over after and picked me back up and said no worries we can get them next time." What is your opinion on the drivers in the series? "The other drivers will definitly be a challenge. They are very good, especially the Mitsubishi team. Like my partner had said I had came in second but it wasn't without a fight. As long as we are comfortable with our cars and I can say james has gotten much more comfortable with his car since last race, we can definitly push for a manufacture title and drivers title." What rally are you looking forward to most? "The ADAC rally. Mainly because its around the nurburgring and I have done several smaller races around it. It will be one of my most challenging races though because who knows what the weather will be like." Marc had answered. Whats your opinion about the schedule this season? I quoted James as saying "I love the schedule. As I said earlier I think the Mt.Aso rally will be the best." Thanks and good luck to both of you.

What does everyone think?
 
Last edited:
I'm feeling comfortable. I've put in a lot of practice with the G27, and I think it'll pay off. The car still feels comfortable, both on snow, and gravel, though I still prefer snow.


And, with winter coming, I might play about with a cheap car in the snow... I wonder how many winter rallies I can find. 💡 We'll see. So long as I don't bin a CR-X, I can tease and play with my teammate. :sly:
 
What does everyone think of my write up?
 
I enjoyed it. It's refreshing hearing the pre-season-speculation. I won't take it easy, but, I'll do what I can, to enjoy this season.
 
MrMelancholy15
I enjoyed it. It's refreshing hearing the pre-season-speculation. I won't take it easy, but, I'll do what I can, to enjoy this season.

Thanks Melan.
 
So tomorrow is the rally?
 
It's late October, or early November. Rally's going to his dad's house then.
 
So its not tomorrow
 
No, it's next week and then it'll be back-to-back those 2 times :)

Nice write-up James 👍
 
And now for a picture
 
ELmarcotuff
And now for a picture

If your online right now let's do it.
 
I work till 2 central time
 
ELmarcotuff
I work till 2 central time

Ok let me know when your home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back