WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,933 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kart Space could be a good SSS track, although it is pretty cramped when you race things other than karts... >.>. However, as mentioned, with the new option to disable collisions, it should be a lot easier to run an SSS race.
 
Kart Space could be a good SSS track, although it is pretty cramped when you race things other than karts.
That would be pretty fun, but does the game let you race things other than karts on there outside of the time trial? I remember not being able to race a friend there, but maybe that's just split screen.

Either way, it's probably a little too short in general.
 
S2
That would be pretty fun, but does the game let you race things other than karts on there outside of the time trial? I remember not being able to race a friend there, but maybe that's just split screen.

Either way, it's probably a little too short in general.

I've raced there online with Vettel cars. :lol: Anything's possible.
 
Kart Space could be an option, but there's 2 problems:

1: What rally would it "belong" to?

2: It would require everyone to have the DLC. I for one still lack it. But it's worth a look in :)
 
Kart Space could be an option, but there's 2 problems:

1: What rally would it "belong" to?

2: It would require everyone to have the DLC. I for one still lack it. But it's worth a look in :)

You've got a point there.

Kart Space was only a suggestion, I won't be offended if we don't include it. :p
 
I dont have the DLC either but really have been meaning to get for a long time now. Also possible bad news. I have a wedding to attend on saturday. My time on the track might be cut short or I may not attend at all. I really hope to get a couple stages in at least.
 
Well, I hope to see you in the real season then Metal :) hmm.. This means Peugeot has a fair chance of taking 2 podium places :lol:
 
Oh I wont be missing the real season at all. I'd cancel many things to not miss a race. My friends wedding, have to go. Good thing its a bonus test rally.

The good news is while I've yet to test it. The option to disable collision really fixed our one massive problem. Has anyone else tried it yet? I want to know if you still get damage from a wall.
 
Oh I wont be missing the real season at all. I'd cancel many things to not miss a race. My friends wedding, have to go. Good thing its a bonus test rally.

The good news is while I've yet to test it. The option to disable collision really fixed our one massive problem. Has anyone else tried it yet? I want to know if you still get damage from a wall.

I don't know if you'll get damage from a wall but when I looked at it yesterday it made the cars transparent (NOT looking good) so I think we'll stick to the plan of making the cars start/end with a few 100m difference. We might have to cut the waiting time from 30 to 20 seconds to make the starting cars disappear faster but let's see :)
 
Haven't had time to participate in this. How's it going?
 
What time will the rehearsal rally start tomorrow? I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to make it... :indiff:
 
Around 6 bst. It's an hour earlier than the previous rallies to give me a chance to be done checking by Sunday. Plus if we start the rallies at this time it'll increase chances of a number of stages :)
 
Ah. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it then. We're off to see some live bands with my brother-in-law as he's just got back from Afghanistan. Sorry guys! :(
 
Katiegan
Ah. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it then. We're off to see some live bands with my brother-in-law as he's just got back from Afghanistan. Sorry guys! :(

Not much can be done. But have fun anyway :)
 
Glad to hear your brother's okay. :)


I might not make it, either. I need steel-toed boots for Monday.
 
I'm making it! The wedding is much later today. :)
 
Lounge has opened. My private as usual :)
 
I'm joining in right now. Honestly I may have to miss the first stage if thats fine. I really need to go to the store and get coffee. I'll only be gone for 15 minutes
 
metalgear696
I'm joining in right now. Honestly I may have to miss the first stage if thats fine. I really need to go to the store and get coffee. I'll only be gone for 15 minutes

Don't see it as rally 'cause it ain't and I won't make a big writeup or anything :)
 
ohh man.. So I was at my friends wedding and got really drunk and came home excited to drift some cars in GT5. I was drifting this wicked '99 Subaru Impreza and my wheel burnt out. :( 2 weeks before season start and I'm having a crisis. I'm taking it apart right now to see if I smoked the motor. Hopefully I can just replace that and be on with it.

I just 🤬 ordered RBR from Ebay earlier today as well. :(
 
metalgear696
ohh man.. So I was at my friends wedding and got really drunk and came home excited to drift some cars in GT5. I was drifting this wicked '99 Subaru Impreza and my wheel burnt out. :( 2 weeks before season start and I'm having a crisis. I'm taking it apart right now to see if I smoked the motor. Hopefully I can just replace that and be on with it.

I just 🤬 ordered RBR from Ebay earlier today as well. :(

Really bad luck.. Next time keep off GT5 :)
What RBR are you talking about (RBR is short for so much)? If it's Richard Burns Rally then be happy, that's the rally game of the century! :)
 
I am referring to Richard Burns Rally, yes. Now wheel-less. I'm further into my tear down and I clearly have a very burnt motor. Going to order a new one tomorrow, probably a stronger one. Nothing else seemed damaged. :) I just put 12,000 hard miles on a pos motor. Thats not too bad. :)
 
I am referring to Richard Burns Rally, yes. Now wheel-less. I'm further into my tear down and I clearly have a very burnt motor. Going to order a new one tomorrow, probably a stronger one. Nothing else seemed damaged. :) I just put 12,000 hard miles on a pos motor. Thats not too bad. :)

Woho, another game I can challenge you in :D good luck on finding a wheel for Eiger Nordwand Rallye ;)
 
Woho, another game I can challenge you in :D good luck on finding a wheel for Eiger Nordwand Rallye ;)

Does it have multiplayer? I heard there was at least a mod for multi. Also, I'm just rebuilding this wheel. I havent ordered my new motor yet but I'm not terribly restricted to finding this specific one I took out. I work at a machine shop where I can do about anything. :)
 
Does it have multiplayer? I heard there was at least a mod for multi. Also, I'm just rebuilding this wheel. I havent ordered my new motor yet but I'm not terribly restricted to finding this specific one I took out. I work at a machine shop where I can do about anything. :)

Welp, that's an idea. Make a GTP thread detailing the build for your rig. I wanna read more.


Also, DS3 will get you some points for Driver's & Manufacturer's... 💡
 
Does it have multiplayer? I heard there was at least a mod for multi. Also, I'm just rebuilding this wheel. I havent ordered my new motor yet but I'm not terribly restricted to finding this specific one I took out. I work at a machine shop where I can do about anything. :)

Don't remember if there's multiplayer but it's a game from heaven anyway :) good to hear you can get the stuff for your wheel, so you can be competitive :D
 
Welp, that's an idea. Make a GTP thread detailing the build for your rig. I wanna read more.


Also, DS3 will get you some points for Driver's & Manufacturer's... 💡

About the rig, I plan to make a thread actually. Once I'm further along anyway, I still have to get a G27. After that its on, install the wheel into a real steering column, mount a pedal assembly from a real car and wire them in, sounds easy enough. I happen to have a Sparco race seat lying around gathering dust. I'll have to put a cupholder and ashtray in the dash. :lol: Thats all a story for a different place and time though.

Don't remember if there's multiplayer but it's a game from heaven anyway :) good to hear you can get the stuff for your wheel, so you can be competitive :D

I'm really excited for RBR. Shame I'm going to get the game before my motor. :nervous: I really hope I got a motor with as much power as the original one. Apparently the same motor can be found in a hair dryer.. :indiff:
 
I'm really excited for RBR.

Shame YouTube ruined it, had a video of me in a '03 Impreza (WITHOUT Rallyart stickers :lol: ) on one of the really fast stages.. Shakiness wins again :(
 
Is the first round this weekend?
 
No, next weekend. The 13th :)

First rally is Eiger Nordwand Rallye

Schedule:

Eiger Short Track (As raced in Eiger Mini Rally)
Service
Eiger G Trial (Full Lap)
Eiger W Trial (As raced last time)
Service
Eiger K Trial (Same as Eiger Mini Rally)
Final Service
Eiger Short Track Reverse (Full Lap)
Eiger K Trial Reverse (Full Lap)

Est. completion time: 2.5 hours

We'll start at 7 pm bst, max. delay 10 minutes!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back