WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,933 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Group B class as backup in case any of the support classes didn't take shape, but if all signups actually show up, it won't be needed :)
 
How about running a race prepared Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C Type RA RM '05 in WRC as an independent?

Also, I noticed someone is running a Volvo C30 in SWRC. Are you aware that this car has a 2.5 liter engine and is in fact above the limits for S2000? Fancied using it as it's a nice car myself but then I noticed it was overlimit.
 
Last edited:
rallymorten
I had a Group B class as backup in case any of the support classes didn't take shape, but if all signups actually show up, it won't be needed :)

What I meant by league is that after this WRC (If it succeeds), do you think you'll start a Group B WRC event?
 
Richie, right now RM cars are not allowed, but I'm working on something for season 2 :)

Quetzal, I might have some kind of Group B rally after the WRC :)

btw speaking of you 2, you and anonite are the only ones yet to send a fr, but I'll do as I'm on PS anyway :sly:
 
A Group B Memorial Rally might be a good idea for afters.

Re. myself, I will move from WRC class to SWRC class then if that is okay. I take it we can use 4WD or 2WD for SWRC and what is the engine displacement maximum as per my last post the Volvo has a displacement of something over 2500cc?

Thanx
 
A Group B Memorial Rally might be a good idea for afters.

Re. myself, I will move from WRC class to SWRC class then if that is okay. I take it we can use 4WD or 2WD for SWRC and what is the engine displacement maximum as per my last post the Volvo has a displacement of something over 2500cc?

Thanx

Read the OP first...
 
I did. What I can't understand is that the OP says "... cars with a displacement of 2000ccm or less..." yet somebody is down as driving a Volvo C30 which has a displacement of 2521cc. I'm confused? I understand that SWRC is 4WD but am I right in that saying that running SWRC-ish rules means absolutely no 4WD and just 2WD instead? I'm just trying to clarify the rules.
 
I did. What I can't understand is that the OP says "... cars with a displacement of 2000ccm or less..." yet somebody is down as driving a Volvo C30 which has a displacement of 2521cc. I'm confused? I understand that SWRC is 4WD but am I right in that saying that running SWRC-ish rules means absolutely no 4WD and just 2WD instead? I'm just trying to clarify the rules.

To my understanding, its a combination of S1600 (FF) and S2000 (2000cc) regulations...
As for the Volvo, morten already confirmed it is illegal for SWRC...
 
OK. I understand a bit clearer now.

Thank you.
 
To clear all confusion:

SWRC is a mix of S1600 and S2000 regs. for 2 reasons:

1: you guys didn't get enough engine with the 1600 formula :D
2: PD hasn't been that nice to give us 4wd S2000 cars
So it's S1600 fwd and S2000 engine :)

Hope this clears it up :)

Edit: check the epic new picture on the OP, and listen to this while doing so :D that was a very lucky shot from arcade mode (glad that Mine's Lancer couldn't keep up :lol: )
 
Last edited:
Right, I might as well get in on this PWRC fun; 2005 (look-alike) Impreza WRX STi.


Also, expect 0 RMs for Season I, guys.


To re-iterate, the original post (the very first post, with the funny picture of my normal breakfast [the sorta-sideways Subaru]) has all of the information you need.


RichieTeamBreed, we're really glad to have you, yes.


As I finally have time, I'll help you select a car.
 
I'm starting to miss the idea of running this series, specially PWRC, BUT, the Golf R32 would be so disadvantaged, same with the Sirion X4,
 
Yeah Dave, it kinda sucks, but... I have never seen a Golf R32 PWRC or WRC car... Well, not since the 2013 installation... Or before.


Anyways, Dave, the Season II plans are in motion. We're going to finalize the specs etc. Before making any announcements, but, Morten and I are very much on the same page. I'll only say that the WMA will be involved in the homologation for season II.
 
there have been Golfs in S2000 but not PWRC same with the sirion, but seeing as tthey spec match I don't see the issue,
 
All of that is academic as we get new Group R Formula next season and from 2014 we say goodbye completely to Group N rallying in the WRC.

Btw, I'm in for S-WRC. May do 1 or 2 rounds of PWRC as well if that's okay?

RichieTeamBreed / Richie_TeamBreed / SWRC / Peugeot 307 XSi (Hatchback) '04
 
there have been Golfs in S2000 but not PWRC same with the sirion, but seeing as tthey spec match I don't see the issue,

Uhhh, yeah, but, I've never seen the Sirion. The Golf isn't in PWRC, that I've seen, but I know that it's in Canadian Rally Championship's version of S2000. And there is no PWRC in the North American Rally Championship.
 
Dang Mel, can't you keep your mouth shut :lol:

I'm in for S-WRC. May do 1 or 2 rounds of PWRC as well if that's okay?

RichieTeamBreed / Richie_TeamBreed / SWRC / Peugeot 307 XSi (Hatchback) '04

It's absolutely fine as they run altering rounds, a little similar to how it has been (dunno if it still is) done irl WRC.

What is it with you guys and reading my thoughts? That's another car I had thought of running :lol:

OP updated in a few minutes. Btw Mel, that's the jump on your stage in the picture :sly:
 
I got a souped up Sirion for drag racing in GT underground :lol:
 
I have finally found the time to get on to GT5 and find myself a car for SWRC! :D

Katiegan / wolfdragon97 / SWRC / Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05

I'm gonna be a rally version of Liam Doran! :lol: Are aero parts allowed for SWRC? The C4 has a very rally-like spoiler you can add.
 
Aero is allowed, OP updating
 
Dang Mel, can't you keep your mouth shut :lol:



OP updated in a few minutes. Btw Mel, that's the jump on your stage in the picture :sly:

No, I'm too excited to be tight-lipped.



Oh, and, seeing that Subaru going over that jump like that, makes me like my power stage even more. :lol: Looks like damage time...
 
Aero is allowed, OP updating

I'm listed for the Golf V on the OP in SWRC... I don't recall saying I'd use it. I asked if it was allowed, but not if I could use it... I'm sticking with my C4. :p
 
:lol: But, I love the looks of my Scirocco without any aero... Well, except I might've added a front "chin" lip.


White chassis on white interior on white rims looks good in snow. :sly:
 
Dave and Morten, come test cars when you can... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back