Wordle

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 9,561 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Seeing as everyone is playing Wordle at the moment, and there seems to be some discussion in various threads which is going off-topic, let's just have a Wordle thread.

For those who don't know what it is, it is a word game where you have to guess a 5-letter word, using clues from previous guesses to hone in.
:indiff: - Letter is not in the word
;) - Letter is in the word, but not in the right place
:sly: - Letter is in the correct place.

You've probably seen the random coloured squares in Facebook and Twitter posts for the last few days and wondered what it is. We'll come along and join in. Everyone gets the same puzzle which updates every 24 hours. Share your results with us here!

Wordle 222 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

C0D68EB7-9EBE-40F1-8E84-8E3C14C4EC3F.jpeg

Except for her first (all grey) guess, my girlfriend and I managed to do the exact same words today and I'm a little bit creeped out in all honesty.

:indiff::sly::indiff::sly::sly:
:indiff::sly::sly::sly::sly:
:sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

Does the entire world get the same puzzle?

First time playing this and got it on the third try (which was probably dumb luck, but I've also been playing more word games than car games lately).

:indiff: ;) :indiff: :indiff: :indiff:
:indiff: ;) :sly: ;) :indiff:
:sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

Last edited:
Does anyone have a tactic or strategy they use? I always begin with the exact same word as my first and go from there.

I generally tend to stick to the first same word, getting rid of as many common consonants and vowels as possible, or something similar. For example, today I used SPARE, but I might use something similar other times.

Does anyone have a tactic or strategy they use? I always begin with the exact same word as my first and go from there.
I am completely random, which since I'm a creature of habit is strange.
For example, today I used SPARE, but I might use something similar other times.
Interestingly, today I started with SHARE. :P

GREAT is mine. It was the first 5-letter word I could thing of when I played my first game, and as it's got loads of common letters (Scrabble score of 6), it's a really good one to begin with. I'm staying with it because the one time I decide to swap I know it'll be the word.

GREAT is mine. It was the first 5-letter word I could thing of when I played my first game, and as it's got loads of common letters (Scrabble score of 6), it's a really good one to begin with. I'm staying with it because the one time I decide to swap I know it'll be the word.
My rule is to use at least two of the following letters in my first guess:
R S T L N E

I've let myself down today taking so many guesses 🤦‍♂️

Wordle 223 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Does the entire world get the same puzzle?
As far as I know we all get the same word but it updates at midnight in your own local time zone, ie America will be on 222 right now, the rest of the world are on 223.

Wordle 223 6/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That one was tough

:indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff:
:indiff::indiff:;):indiff:;)
:indiff:;):indiff:;);)
:sly::sly::sly::indiff::sly:

I was reasonably convinced a letter was used twice, but I don't know if that's a thing or not, so wasted a guess.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of this...

1643365996526.png

In this thread.

I tend to alternate between ARISE, AROSE and variations of words containing TEARS (like STARE and TARES... which I didn't know was a word, but apparently is one of the best to go for)

Also if you don't aim to get it in two, PAINT followed by HOUSE (or vice versa) eliminates or confirms a good selection of letters.

My performance today:

:indiff:;):indiff::indiff:;)
:indiff::indiff::indiff:;);)
;):sly::indiff::indiff::sly:

I tend to alternate between ARISE, AROSE and variations of words containing TEARS (like STARE and TARES... which I didn't know was a word, but apparently is one of the best to go for)
RAISE is my go to, though I think I had most success with BASIC.

TB
At least you got it today. I stupidly decided to not think and I ended up missing the word on a 50/50 guess for the first letter because I wasted all my chances. Yay me.

:indiff::indiff:;):indiff:;)
:indiff:;):indiff:;);)
:sly::sly::sly::indiff::sly:

I was reasonably convinced a letter was used twice, but I don't know if that's a thing or not, so wasted a guess.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of this...

View attachment 1108871

In this thread.
I'm guessing the Wordle official shared colour squares don't work on your browser then.
Mine for today was this for those who couldn't see it before.
:indiff:;);):indiff::indiff:
:indiff::indiff:;););)
:sly::indiff::sly:;):indiff:
:sly::sly::sly::indiff::indiff:
:sly::sly::sly::indiff::indiff:

7 words down, still no failures.

The third try was wasted on a suspected double letter, but I at least got a hit with the first letter. Fourth is just stupid chance.

:):indiff::sly::indiff::indiff:
:indiff::sly::sly::indiff::indiff:
:):sly::sly::indiff::sly:
:indiff::sly::sly::sly::sly:

Back