World Compact Car Race

Im looking for a car to enter in the world compact car race in professional events. Im not sure which car would be best or which car will tune the best. i was thinking the mini cooper s. is that a good choice?

Hi, and Welcome to the Planet!.
A better choice would be the TommyKaira ZZ-s.

Also, before the others come in and give you a hard time.
There are "stickys" at the top of the GT-4 page about who's used which cars successfully in which races.
Hope you find it helpful.

Also click the link in my signature for the Club 200 stock car thread, there's a few suggestions in there of car and lineup combinations that you can use for this championship without making any modifications to the car, and win with high A-spec points.

Myself I took a used Mazda Miata, can't remember which one off the top of my head and qualified for each race. Easily won for about 130 points per race. :)
Hope that helps.

Look on the GT4 Race Reports board and see what people have written there, or any of the links others have provided.

I used the VW Lupo I won from the first license test on S2 tires. I added NA1 tuning and LW1 weight reduction. It was only about 66 points a race, but it was fun. Some places I could have done without the power, and gained more points.

[edit] I never qualify, ever, so I could probably have done it with less modification if I had taken the time to get the pole.

And me, on one of my many runs through this race-series, used a Chapparral 2J. Amazing, how you can win with more than one lap lead on a 8-lap race, isn't it? Who the hell allowed a 600HP beast with 3 gears to compete against a Nissan Cube with CVT? The Chapparral wins every circuit with ease.
But, if you're going for A-spec points, use some heavier car with around 100HP or less.

streetsmell
i used the tvr grif' didnt even change the oil
TVR Griffith?! You could have run it on 3 wheels and beaten the World Compact series.
:crazy:

Duke
TVR Griffith?! You could have run it on 3 wheels and beaten the World Compact series.
:crazy:

Very true! I used a Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA,J) '91 (Used, no oil) which had 107HP. :)
A used TVR Griffith with over 300HP even without the oil change isn't just beating the series, it's raping it!!! :yuck:

If it isn't too much of a handleful for you, the Gineta G4 can easliy win the series. It's not a forgiving car, especially when tuned to any degree, but it can dominate virtually any car of its size and often even bigger.

streetsmell
i used the tvr grif'
wagonR
the AC Cobra?
szymoniec
Honda Civic Motul (or something like that), that can be won in Civic race.
You guys are seriously bringing rocket launchers to a knife fight, here. The Motul Civic is the only thing even remotely in the same league as the rest of the field cars, and it's way too much, since it is race prepped.

Relax a little and enjoy the game without steamrollering the competition once in a while. The graphics just ain't good enough to make it fun to sightsee your way through the game.

Duke
You guys are seriously bringing rocket launchers to a knife fight, here. The Motul Civic is the only thing even remotely in the same league as the rest of the field cars, and it's way too much, since it is race prepped.

Relax a little and enjoy the game without steamrollering the competition once in a while. The graphics just ain't good enough to make it fun to sightsee your way through the game.

Hey, you should've quoted me. A Chapparral is an A-Bomb, not a rocket-launcher, in this series. Seriously, you can beat the whole field by a whole lap, and even more. But then again, I also used a 100-115HP, rusty old Alfa on my first run.

I'll rather have a quick run for the completion, then have a longer run for more challenging races. If I need to, I can always get a big-ass turbo/small-ass high-power-car

[edit] I never qualify, ever, so I could probably have done it with less modification if I had taken the time to get the pole

Umm, embarrassing question here, and I'm over 80% done, how do you qualify? I've always started last, thought it was manditory...

Click the practice icon (kind of looks like a blue scoreboard with red & yellow writing on) which works the same way as the qualify icon worked in GT3.

Practice in GT4 = Qualifying in GT3

You do a warm up lap out of the pits, and then on your second lap with a flying start, the timer starts, and at the end of the lap your position will change from 6, to wherever you qualify (1st through 5th) if you're quicker than 6th place.

:cheers:

I got my 200 points using the Cup Of Coffee, (Cappiccino 1991 model).
Its RWD so I can get the benifit of better tires on the drive wheels.
On line up 1 & 2, I used 88 bhp, 177 units ballast, N2 (luxury) front and N3 (road) on the back, with 51 units of Nos.
Fitted to the car was a race gearbox, clutch and flywheel semi racing & semi racing Suspension and racing brakes. All aids turned off.

Line up 1 & 2: Opel 2 door thingy, Opel Corsa, VW Polo, VW Lupo, & a Pug 206.

For people killing this series in powerful cars I suggest they try something less powerful, they are missing some of the best races in GT4.
All 200 point wins are close races all the way, you need to defend the corner, brake early, and be sure you do not stuff up any corners.

CJ350
Umm, embarrassing question here, and I'm over 80% done, how do you qualify? I've always started last, thought it was manditory...

Ya I'd gotten as far as you before even realising you can qualify. Discovering this was a key factor in beating the final race in the Professional hall. So was discovering B-Spec mode. :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back