World Cup Qualification Thread

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 23 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
A good game for England methinks. A stonker of a goal for Beckam. Ireland also did well to draw in France. Any thoughts?

The France Ireland game wasn't very good, although France are in a phase of rebuilding their team.

Thoughts of the England game later.

South Africa are top of Group 'something' after this weekends games. Still three home games and two away to go though :indiff:

Also, Quinton Fortune sucks old tea bags.

Mike Rotch
South Africa are top of Group 'something' after this weekends games. Still three home games and two away to go though :indiff:

Also, Quinton Fortune sucks old tea bags.

I hope we get to play you and then Shawn Wright Phillips puts a few goals past you like his dad did. 👍

hope we get to play you and then Shawn Wright Phillips puts a few goals past you like his dad did

Considering Shaun Wright Phillips is about as tall as a soccer ball, I'd say the chances of him performing his own "hand of God" are pretty likely too. If we did play, I'd pray that G.Neville played. It would be the greatest upset since Pa fell off the bus!

Bah! We'd beat you, we have endless media hype behind our team! With that we should win every World cup....................

Err.

We face the mighty Azerbaijan today.

World Cup Qualification? Pah! I'll just stay out of this thread then....

At work :( but listening to the game on the radio :)

I will give updates as they happen. 👍

GOAL!! England are 1-0 up thanks to a Michael Owen header on 23mins after a great cross from Ashley Cole on the left side.👍

Trust an Englishman to start this thread :grumpy:
Well Wales are out unless they win tonight, and every other group game for that matter.

Oh and England win ALL their games.

daan
World Cup Qualification? Pah! I'll just stay out of this thread then....

Poor old Scotland, you have a fair amount of tallent in your team but I think you need to get rid of that german bloke.

Woo, looks like we played ****e against another small team. And were currently ranked 7th, Azerbaijan are in the 100's.

Fifas rating system is arse.

Lets hope the SFA only got Berti a one way ticket to Moldova....

We were abysmal tonight. Scotland have never been all that good a team, but we have always been well organised and hard to beat. Our defence was all over the shop tonight.

Some pretty weird results out there tonight...

Andorra beat the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 1-0... I think that's Andorra's first ever international win...

Italy scraped through 4-3 against Byelorus.

Northern Ireland, after 18 months of goal drought, drew 3-3 with Austria...

Moldova 1-1 Scotland (oh dear. Bye bye Berti)

But best of all, microscopic Liechtenstein (who have the same music for their national anthem as the United Kingdom) netted their first ever World Cup win. They beat Luxembourg. FOUR-NIL! AWAY!

Man I remember the England Liechtenstein game, man it sucked. Although I forget what it was a qualification for. Every time I see Italy play they seem a shambles, although France aren't doing so well either. I heard the coach was considering dropping Henry because he's only scored like 1 goal in 10 games, I think these days he gets too worn out kicking arses at Arsenal.

daan
Lets hope the SFA only got Berti a one way ticket to Moldova....

Ah, Berti Vogts. He admitted Scotland had to win this game and expected them to do so. It will be interesting to see what happens now. For a guy with a glittering playing career (96 caps and 102 games in charge of his country) he isn't doing too well with Scotland.

I suppose our hopes of qualifying for Germany in 2006 are unlikely now. :grumpy:

Given that I'm no fan of Beckham, what does everyone think of his "deliberate yellow card" admission?

I think it shows astonishing tactical nous. He knew he was going to miss the next game through injury anyway, so took the opportunity to get a second yellow card - and earn a one-match suspension for the game he'd miss through injury - to cancel out the yellow card he'd already got in a previous group game. Now he starts the next game with a clean sheet.

He didn't set out to injure anyone - just do enough to earn a caution.

All this cack from Sepp Blatter just makes me want to laugh.

Famine

But best of all, microscopic Liechtenstein (who have the same music for their national anthem as the United Kingdom) netted their first ever World Cup win. They beat Luxembourg. FOUR-NIL! AWAY!
Whoah! Liechtenstein is going nuts!
The game before that they managed to get their 4th EVER draw, this time against Portugal (2-2)... :dunce:

By the way, check out Portugal's goals against Russia today. There were some good ones. Honest!

PS.: Why do Liechtenstein have the same anthem as the UK?

I agree with Famine - It was smart for Beckham to get rid of the automatic suspension when he is going to be out injured anyway. Perhaps not so smart to brag about it...

Race Idiot
Woo, looks like we played ****e against another small team.

I was not impressed by the game, and neither was I by the formation. But 3 points is 3 points and we are still top of the group.

Race Idiot
Man I remember the England Liechtenstein game, man it sucked. Although I forget what it was a qualification for. Every time I see Italy play they seem a shambles, although France aren't doing so well either. I heard the coach was considering dropping Henry because he's only scored like 1 goal in 10 games, I think these days he gets too worn out kicking arses at Arsenal.

Just think for a second. Is Henry actualy world class? I don't think so, yes we all know about his Premiership status but defences in this country suck more than a baby on a dummy. When is the last time he scored in the Champion's league, how many times did he score in Euro 2004? Do the math.

Latest Posts

Back