World Event: Lotus 111r @ Fuji l :15 & :45 l

• Thread starter Earth
  • 35 comments
GTP_Royalton
Just be patient during acceleration. I raced vs someone today, he was killing me on the exits, maybe I am being too patient.

2'06.592 is my best so far, what is everyone else running? I need to know how much I need to improve to be competitive.

Tried a few races here today,and wasn't expecting much...but actually realy enjoyed it and had some very close battles with a few guys,will try to come back here again..

spy.

I'll leave this here for EL_Z
WineBottles.jpg

I'm looking forward to running this some this weekend. :)

I'm stuck in the low 7s and sometimes high 6s (at least 2 tires always inside the rumble strip). I noticed the time trial, looks like the faster guys are running in the 5s. Guys in the 4s and 3s are probably abusing the runoffs so my target pace will be low 6s and high 5s, about a second quicker then what I'm running now.

I'm experimenting with different gears through the corners, I noticed using a higher gear stabilizes the car but gives it understeer, a lower gear makes the car turn sharper but also makes it very twitchy.

I was racing this guy who is in the top 30 or something in the Time Trial for this combo and he was murdering me coming out of the slow speed corners. If I can figure out how to power out of these corners quicker I should be able to run competitive times. The hairpin is really killing me, I feel like a turtle down there.

I'm stuck in the low 7s and sometimes high 6s (at least 2 tires always inside the rumble strip). I noticed the time trial, looks like the faster guys are running in the 5s. Guys in the 4s and 3s are probably abusing the runoffs so my target pace will be low 6s and high 5s, about a second quicker then what I'm running now.

I'm experimenting with different gears through the corners, I noticed using a higher gear stabilizes the car but gives it understeer, a lower gear makes the car turn sharper but also makes it very twitchy.

I was racing this guy who is in the top 30 or something in the Time Trial for this combo and he was murdering me coming out of the slow speed corners. If I can figure out how to power out of these corners quicker I should be able to run competitive times. The hairpin is really killing me, I feel like a turtle down there.

Got a clutch? :sly:
And the hairpin is a turtle turn, just get a good drive up the hill.

Top 2 guys barely leave the track, but they do leave it :(

I'm 2'08 at my best and having fun here.

I also liked (yo) suzy, fuji and DSS any order rotation. Egg mentioned winner call and that was cool, that set it up for a track mixing night. Cheers

To do 3 different tracks the starts need to align though (DSS 5 min late worked)
how would 00,30 fuji/suzuka work its fun to jump from pool to spa.

oh yeah I wonder, would London fit @ 00,30 too?

Yeah like Dapper said,using the clutch makes a huge advantage here,because of the slow gear changes when using paddles...:indiff:
I only did a few laps of the timetrail,and if i follow the leader's ghost and manage to accelarete faster out of a corner,i loose at least 5-6 tents of a second on the next straight only because of this...👎

spy.

i really dont know why i have never used this car in GT5 P. Its so much fun on N1 tyres! Its just like karting in the wet! I love it!!! Best time trail - race combo yet!!

Fastest lap after 5 laps 2'05.908

Chris

2'06.592 is my best so far, what is everyone else running?

My best is now 2'05.8, which I did during a race. Now only need to do the same in the time trial!

Getting good drive out of corners is really tough with this car. It's already a bit tricky with the non-linear throttle for pad users like me, but with this car the more significant thing is the way the power seems to come in.

I find when exiting some corners it's actually best initially to hit 100% throttle, and then release to 50-80 as the revs get higher, and then do your best to squeeze from there as you straighten up.

Watching some of the time trial replays, interesting to see that they don't take a wide entry to some corners (particular the final couple of corners) - they turn-in early from around the middle. A lot of them go off the track, especially onto the main straight to get a downhill boost from the run off. Really, laps should be invalidated as soon as four wheels go off.

I would love to race (N1 tires fan)... but I have no time to do a competitive set-up.

Would you like to give some details about gear ratio and suspensions setting ?
Your help will be really appreciated. :)

I will be online at 1h15PM (New York time), for around 1 and half hour almost every weekly day.

Last edited:
I would love to race (N1 tires fan)... but I have no time to do a competitive set-up.

Would you like to give some details about gear ratio and suspensions setting ?
Your help will be really appreciated. :)

I will be online at 1h15PM (New York time), for around 1 and half hour almost every weekly day.

No set-up is needed. Quick tune isn't an option 👍

Thanks to blackjacques and pergola176 for their clean races.
Merci aussi à Pergola176 pour m'avoir attendu. Rendez-vous demain à 13h15 ou 13h45 ou 14h15 ?

Shame that this event is not very active, at least not when I've synced.

Anybody doing this event tomorrow? I normally get on in GMT evening around 11pm.

I'll be online for the 1:15PM, the 1:45PM and the 2:15PM (New York time).

Hope to have some nice and clean races.

Edit: 3 races in a row (as I promise), 4 poeple in the 1st one, 2 in the second one and 6 in the 3rd one.

Lot of fun and huge amount of concentration (my back is all wet), I just feel like a beginner, an old one (I'm 45 years old). So sorry for the bumps. I need to adjust my ''heavy foot'' and ''slow steering response'' (DFP with no TCS)... :)

Thanks to clacksman, pergola176 and GTR-ON (don-something) for waiting me. I learned a lot from you, guys. I just need to practice. So I'll try to continue with this schedule. Hope to see you.

Last edited:
Lot of fun and huge amount of concentration (my back is all wet), I just feel like a beginner, an old one (I'm 45 years old). So sorry for the bumps. I need to adjust my ''heavy foot'' and ''slow steering response'' (DFP with no TCS)... :)

Thanks to clacksman, pergola176 and GTR-ON (don-something) for waiting me. I learned a lot from you, guys. I just need to practice. So I'll try to continue with this schedule. Hope to see you.

You need to brake earlier, especially when in the draft. :sly:

I need more practice too, stil not sure which gears I want.

You need to brake earlier, especially when in the draft. :sly:

I need more practice too, stil not sure which gears I want.

You are absolutely right, I always forget that I will arrive faster at this corner...

Practicing, practicing... not easy with a family around me, huh ! :)

Edit: had 3 great races (I can now stay with the ones in the front).
Sigmund40 appeared on the second one. I tought he was bored to death pushing the others in the walls...
First long curve, he succeded to push me out of my lane after having missed the second turn. Then he tried to push somebody out on the the straight but he was the one who hit the wall. :)

BTW, I would be happy the day he disappeared from the web.

Last edited:
Starting this monday, I will be online at 1h15PM (New York time), for around 1and half hour (3 races) almost every day of the week.

Hope to see you, guys.

Thanks to blackjacques and pergola176 for their clean races.

Bienvenue, your welcome; clean racing is the most fun!

I would love to see some regular GTP posters run this one together and thus a full grid.

Will check online race now, in at :45

Back